• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Avenue Immam Khomeini at the Entrance of Beirut from Beirut International Airport

Resistancefrom89

A lot of the Lebanese coming to Lebanon were surprised and chocked to see as they exited Beirut International Airport a big Road Sign indicating that they are on Avenue Immam Khomeini

As I saw this, I could not avoud to wonder if we were under Iranian occupation, and I was unpleasently reminded of Hafez el Assad pictures at the Lebanese Airport during Syrians Occupation. Those pictures that many of us wanted to tear and were hoping for the moment they would be removed.

A lot of people have been claiming that Hezbollah is not a Lebanese faction, but rather an Iranian extension, were those people rightful?
Such a main avenue which the entrance to Beirut, should be named after a Lebanese Leader!!! Not an Iranian one, Not a Saudi one, not an American one, Not a French one!!!!

Rafidi

Legendary Member
A lot of the Lebanese coming to Lebanon were surprised and chocked to see as they exited Beirut International Airport a big Road Sign indicating that they are on Avenue Immam Khomeini

As I saw this, I could not avoud to wonder if we were under Iranian occupation, and I was unpleasently reminded of Hafez el Assad pictures at the Lebanese Airport during Syrians Occupation. Those pictures that many of us wanted to tear and were hoping for the moment they would be removed.

A lot of people have been claiming that Hezbollah is not a Lebanese faction, but rather an Iranian extension, were those people rightful?
Such a main avenue which the entrance to Beirut, should be named after a Lebanese Leader!!! Not an Iranian one, Not a Saudi one, not an American one, Not a French one!!!!

Recently, King Salman got an avenue named after him in the heart of Beirut. For what exactly? I really do not know. Maybe it is a gesture of appreciation by our PM to the kingdom for kidnapping him and humiliating a nation:

Our French colonizer also has Avenue Général de Gaulle in the heart of Beirut.

There are many more examples. I do not know why Imam Khomeini avenue disturbs you and unsettle your sensibilities and those of your friends.

Resistancefrom89

Recently, King Salman got an avenue named after him in the heart of Beirut. For what exactly? I really do not know. Maybe it is a gesture of appreciation by our PM to the kingdom for kidnapping him and humiliating a nation:

Our French colonizer also has Avenue Général de Gaulle in the heart of Beirut.

There are many more examples. I do not know why Imam Khomeini avenue disturbs you and unsettle your sensibilities and those of your friends.

One this is the Entrance of Lebanon. Don't you find strange that the Entrance of Lebanon has a Persian Name?

Second: Two Wrongs does not make it right. People like you who rejoice about Foreign subordination whether Saudi or Iranians do not deserve to have the Lebanese Citizenship

Actually what mistake the Christian did in 1920 to includey you in something called Lebanon.

هي الطريق المرقٌعة اللي كلها جورّ وبينزل فيها كميون وما بيعود يقدر يطلع منها؟ واللي بتبلٌش واسعة من جنب المطار وبعدين بتَضيق بالبلوكات الأسمنَتية تبع الأمنُ الذاتي لميليشيات الأحزاب اللبنانية؟

Rafidi

Legendary Member
One this is the Entrance of Lebanon. Don't you find strange that the Entrance of Lebanon has a Persian Name?

Second: Two Wrongs does not make it right. People like you who rejoice about Foreign subordination whether Saudi or Iranians do not deserve to have the Lebanese Citizenship

Actually what mistake the Christian did in 1920 to includey you in something called Lebanon.

Either do away with all names or keep quiet. The same relevance you draw about the entrance to the country will be countered with the foreign names in the heart of the country. So don't play that game

You didn't add me to any country. Lebanon was part of Greater Syria. You actually took me away and rebelled against our historical political identity. Being part of Greater Syria is the way it should have remained. Certain areas were joined together so that your people in Mount Lebanon won't starve. The Druze already starved you once. You needed the Sunni and Shia fertile areas to have a country that can feed itself.

لازم يكون أسمها جادة ماكرون أو شارل ديغول من شان السايح يحس حاله بباريس هههههههههههههههه ?
جادّة Marechal putain

Resistancefrom89

Either do away with all names or keep quiet. The same relevance you draw about the entrance to the country will be countered with the foreign names in the heart of the country. So don't play that game

You didn't add me to any country. Lebanon was part of Greater Syria. You actually took me away and rebelled against our historical political identity. Being part of Greater Syria is the way it should have remained. Certain areas were joined together so that your people in Mount Lebanon won't starve. The Druze already starved you once. You needed the Sunni and Shia fertile areas to have a country that can feed itself.

Actually it may help you to read some history books to get a bit educated:
Lebanon existed as a politiacl entiy since Imarat Jabel Lubnan that spanned from 1528 to 1842 and the Mutasarifya from 1861 to 1915.
There is no political entity called Great Syria, so no need to take your phantasy for reality

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Actually it may help you to read some history books to get a bit educated:
Lebanon existed as a politiacl entiy since Imarat Jabel Lubnan that spanned from 1528 to 1842 and the Mutasarifya from 1861 to 1915.
There is no political entity called Great Syria, so no need to take your phantasy for reality

Yeah, it was the Druze ruling and with Ottoman patronage. This area has always been known as Bilad ash Shaam. There was no country called Lebanon. An emirate does not equal a country. It was never a country.

Resistancefrom89

Yeah, it was the Druze ruling and with Ottoman patronage. This area has always been known as Bilad ash Shaam. There was no country called Lebanon. An emirate does not equal a country. It was never a country.
It was a politial entity recognised by the Othoman Empires and European Countries, and you were not part of it :)
What you call Greater Syria did not even exist as a political entity...

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
What next? Avenue Bin Laden and Rue Baghdadi?
Khomeini is a terrorist and a bloody Islamist dictator who should be cursed every second instead of having avenues named after him.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
It was a politial entity recognised by the Othoman Empires and European Countries, and you were not part of it :)
What you call Greater Syria did not even exist as a political entity...

It doesn't matter. There were no countries back then. The entire region was called Bilad al Shaam long before your emirate. Maybe your emirate should never have been created to start with. That maybe is the mistake that should have never happened and never been allowed by the Ottomans. You won't be unleashing your bigoted barking if that mistake didn't happen.

The_FPMer

Lebanon was mentioned in the Epic of Gilgamesh 2100 B.C. way before Syria as a name was even conceived. Waynak 3eyish ente? :lol:

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Lebanon was mentioned in the Epic of Gilgamesh 2100 B.C. way before Syria as a name was even conceived. Waynak 3eyish ente? :lol:

Well that is actually to your disadvantage. If Lebanon existed even as a neighborhood in 2100 BC or was known, then that certainly has nothing to do with an ottoman emirate or a druze mutasarifiyah or a Maronite canton. Mar Maroon wasnt born when Lebanon became a name in 2100 BC, and even Jesus himself was not born then. So how then do Maronites/Christians, like our bigoted friend want to claim exclusive right over Mount Lebanon? He is laying claim to the area because in the 1500s the ottomans recognized it as a governorate. He forgets that way before, the area of Mount Lebanon up to Tripoli was inhabited by Shia Lebanese and up to the 13th century, before the Turks and Mamlooks, the Shia were indigenous to that area and were the owners and majority. Even to this day, the Shia presence remains. His bigotry is disgusting. Even Mount Lebanon isn't yours as a religious community, historically, talk less of claiming exclusivity over it.

Resign

Orange Room Supporter

History for him started with M7amed
I don’t understand why people still argue with him

Actually it should be called Avenue General Michel Aoun

هلق ميشو مش فاضي قد ما عامل تقشف مش عم بلحّق أحتفالات تكريم
حاليا عمبي كرّم معلّموا اللي فطس من 100 سنة بطرس "البس-تاني" الذي أنقذ الشعوب العربية من سياسة التتريك وأندثار الهوية العربية
ورمى بهم في أحضان بنو الصليب الذي لم يتركوا شيء عربي وأسلامي ألا ودمّروه أو عزلوه
والآن يحاولون جاهدين تدمير المجتمع العربي والأسلامي من خلال سياسة تفكيك الأسرّ
معتمدين على كلابهم المحسوبين زورا على أهل السنّة: سعدان الحريري ورياّ "اللا" حسنّ

The_FPMer

History for him started with M7amed
I don’t understand why people still argue with him
Mish bas hek they consider everyone that came before him as a Muslim too, from Abraham to Jesus. Fa mish b3ide y5arbit bi hek 2mour :lol:

The_FPMer

Well that is actually to your disadvantage. If Lebanon existed even as a neighborhood in 2100 BC or was known, then that certainly has nothing to do with an ottoman emirate or a druze mutasarifiyah or a Maronite canton. Mar Maroon wasnt born when Lebanon became a name in 2100 BC, and even Jesus himself was not born then. So how then do Maronites/Christians want like our bigoted friend want to claim exclusive right over Mount Lebanon? He is laying claim to the area because in the 1500s the ottomans recognized it as a governorate. He forgets that way before, it area was inhabited by Shia and up to the 13th century, before the Turks and Mamlooks, the Shia were indigenous to that area. Even to this day, the Shia presence remains. His bigotry is disgusting.
Because it was the Christiains who built Lebanon and its institutions. Druze for example, weren't a productive bunch and still are. They were only fighters for the Beik.