• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Bassil and General Joseph Aoun allies or competitors for the presidency in 2022

Tendstoinfinity

Bassil is too aggressive towards Saudi Arabia which kinda threatens the jobs of a shitload of Lebanese people. Unless he has a better alternative to those families, it's not into our best interest to be hostile with SA. With that he has less chances of becoming a president because FM can't vote for someone which sugar daddy Salman opposes.

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Bassil is too aggressive towards Saudi Arabia which kinda threatens the jobs of a shitload of Lebanese people. Unless he has a better alternative to those families, it's not into our best interest to be hostile with SA. With that he has less chances of becoming a president because FM can't vote for someone which sugar daddy Salman opposes.
Same story every year since 10 years, abtizha2oush!

JB81

Legendary Member
The idea of a centrist president is vanishing for a president that represents his sect mostly. So General Joseph Aoun doesn't have as much advantage as the head of the army as previous Generals did.
However, any head of the army remains a strong candidate in desperate times

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Ummm honestly I think Bassil should be given a chance, because Michel Aoun failed miserably as a president. He only has 3 years remaining to redeem himself.

Otherwise, let's be honest. Aoun's term won't go down in history as one of Lebanon's best.

Joseph Aoun is a consensus president. I don't like consensus presidents. I prefer a president who's hated by Geagea, Berri, Hariri, and Jumblat. It means he's doing something right.

I nominate Bassil ya @LVV.
Eza byestelim halla2 bikoun a7san kamen.
(Aoun should retire and play with his nephews)

Last edited:

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Ummm honestly I think Bassil should be given a chance, because Michel Aoun failed miserably as a president. He only has 3 years remaining to redeem himself.

Otherwise, let's be honest. Aoun's term won't go down in history as one of Lebanon's best.

Joseph Aoun is a consensus president. I don't like consensus presidents. I prefer a president who's hated by Geagea, Berri, Hariri, and Jumblat. It means he's doing something right.

I nominate Bassil ya @LVV.
Eza byestelim halla2 bikoun a7san kamen.
(Aoun should retire and play with his nephews)
Lah aoun should get a 3years extension and then bassil should take over, heik bni7liba 3al ekhir lol

MinCanada

In theory HA and FM should be sufficient no? Mathematically? In all cases LF will always hate not just Bassil, but anyone FPM because those people remind them of their filthy past, Berri and Joumblat will always hate anyone who will not let them steal, frangieh and Sami are just petty - but really insignificant in this conversation. HA will also want to support someone who is less active and wanting to reform as it does not fit their regional agenda.

Whoever wants to reform the country will face resistance from the same group...
Filthy past? Ya nawar, when the LF fighters put their life to defend the Eastern areas, you and your likes where either fleeing or shitting in your pants. Obviously, till GMA came and was a disaster to the Christians and Lebanon...sha3b ma bifham ..te3teer

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Unfortunately, that's what every Non-FPMer think about Bassil :)

Who cares. We don't have a say who is prime minister or speaker of parliament, they don't have a say who is president.

mikeys71

Bassil failed every single election he ran for from municipality to parliament. He lucked out last election because hariri gave him the tafdili vites. Next round he will be out of the parliament. He is a loser and will never succeed in anything. He failed in communication and energy. The only reason he exist is michell Aoun and HA. He will never see the presidency. LF took a chance and brought Aoun to the presidency this mistake will not happen again otherwise geagea will be thrown out by his base.

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
Orange Room Supporter
Bassil failed every single election he ran for from municipality to parliament. He lucked out last election because hariri gave him the tafdili vites. Next round he will be out of the parliament. He is a loser and will never succeed in anything. He failed in communication and energy. The only reason he exist is michell Aoun and HA. He will never see the presidency. LF took a chance and brought Aoun to the presidency this mistake will not happen again otherwise geagea will be thrown out by his base.

Indeed Bassil failed in thinking that he can trust Geagea after the Me3rab agreement. This is a mistake that will surely not be repeated.

Patriot

Orange Room Supporter
Who cares. We don't have a say who is prime minister or speaker of parliament, they don't have a say who is president.

Not entirely accurate
Parliament votes the President and the speaker
The President nominates the PM
The Parliament approves

Everyone represented in Parliament has a say in every appointment

Remember voting Aoun President came at a cost
One of those is safeguarding Hariri PM for the duration of his presidency
So the sunnis had a say
Same for shiites who were looking for some guarantees and it took Aoun over 10 years to barely gain their slightest trust

The question is
Do they trust Bassil ?

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
For the first time a newspaper or media source has mentioned a difference between Bassil and General Joseph Aoun who are both considered PMA men , speculation was developing about differences about the budget of defense , Bassil desire to have a role about LAF nominations who was refused by LAF ( who only accept PMA authority ) , finally the Presidential issue.
All this may be speculation but it is looking more and more real.
7outtkoun 3ala 2art takahounet in the science of the unknown (3ilm el gheib) of the most useless sort about who, three years from now, will come to continue the administration of the NOW imminent sinking of the ship. You keep kicking hopes before you and then chase their fleeting shadows.

The name of the successor plays little role when the current problems will be inherited. It's more useful if you focused on the NOW. In three years allah byeb3at.

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
As you said above all depends on 2022 elections. And i believe all will unite against bassil.

and ???

nothing new
they all united against Tayyar in 2018
and all been united against General since 1990

2022 tayayr will have a better alliance with heseb and will gte 32 or 33MPs even