• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Beirut gay pride 2017

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Right and Beirut pride never made a parade!! They have events scheduled in nightclubs and certain indoor areas!

Yeah as long as they stay discretely indoors, they can do whatever they want. But I'm discussing the idea of developing some day, a gay parade in the streets. BIG NO.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Yeah as long as they stay discretely indoors, they can do whatever they want. But I'm discussing the idea of developing some day, a gay parade in the streets. BIG NO.

Yeah and I'm not arguing about that, I posted their statement a page back, they explicitly stated that they want their events to resemble the Lebanese culture and are not interested in "imitating the west" so no parade now and probably not in the near future

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Yeah and I'm not arguing about that, I posted their statement a page back, they explicitly stated that they want their events to resemble the Lebanese culture and are not interested in "imitating the west" so no parade now and probably not in the near future

Yes but I posted a Lebanese gay parade in the streets of Paris, and my comment was precisely on such sight, and you engaged me on it.

So to get back to my original comment: No to gay parades in the streets of Lebanon.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Yes but I posted a Lebanese gay parade in the streets of Paris, and my comment was precisely on such sight, and you engaged me on it.

So to get back to my original comment: No to gay parades in the streets of Lebanon.

This was Lebanese marching in the Parisian pride parade! Not in Lebanon! Enno kamena you want to take away their right to participate in parades outside Lebanon?

So umm yeah I don't think it's bad, but you can stay opposed to gay people marching in a parade on the streets in Lebanon!

Thoma

I didn't mention metaphysical or lack of metaphysical or scientism or anything like that.

Additionally your reply doesn't entail how your "foundation" tackles the point at hand regarding homosexuality.

If you have an absolute basis to determine what constitutes a disorder, out with it directly, bala ta2 7anak.

There's no weight to your claim unless you successfully support it. A metaphysical foundation (the one i'm endorsing and have hinted at in my post) is considered an absolute basis for [determining the truth of anything let alone of disorders] when 1) there's no successful alternative to it and 2) going against it or rejecting it undermines the very act of [determining the truth of anything let alone of disorders] to begin with.

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
This was Lebanese marching in the Parisian pride parade! Not in Lebanon! Enno kamena you want to take away their right to participate in parades outside Lebanon?

So umm yeah I don't think it's bad, but you can stay opposed to gay people marching in a parade on the streets in Lebanon!

Habibte Isa, I know that those were Lebanese marching in the Parisian pride parade. How many times should I tell you that I know that?
My original argument is that I refuse to see some day such sight, that you personally enjoy, in Lebanon. That's all there is.

And thank you for acknowledging my right to "stay opposed to gay people marching in a parade on the streets in Lebanon".

Now if you like parades and music and fiesta in the streets, may I suggest to you a healthier alternative: A yearly 10/15 days festival in each big city, and let the cities compete.

A huge type of festival that promotes life and society, that brings joy to kids, makes them proud of their country, and attracts tourists and energy to our economy.

Festivals that end with a big beautiful show. Likes these:

Fêtes de Genève 2015 - Grand Feu d'Artifice filmé par un drone

Meilleurs moments Fête du Lac d'Annecy 2016

Annecy - Fête du lac 2016 : les plus beaux moments du feu d'artifice

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Habibte Isa, I know that those were Lebanese marching in the Parisian pride parade. How many times should I tell you that I know that?
My original argument is that I refuse to see some day such sight, that you personally enjoy, in Lebanon. That's all there is.

And thank you for acknowledging my right to "stay opposed to gay people marching in a parade on the streets in Lebanon".

Now if you like parades and music and fiesta in the streets, may I suggest to you a healthier alternative: A yearly 10/15 days festival in each big city, and let the cities compete.

A huge type of festival that promotes life and society, that brings joy to kids, makes them proud of their country, and attracts tourists and energy to our economy.

Festivals that end with a big beautiful show. Likes these:

Fêtes de Genève 2015 - Grand Feu d'Artifice filmé par un drone

Meilleurs moments Fête du Lac d'Annecy 2016

Annecy - Fête du lac 2016 : les plus beaux moments du feu d'artifice

Same thing 14th of July in France, I also go watch every year lol!

But anyway abou sandal enta your basis for the objection is that you don't want this debauchery in Lebanon, I said it's already there, only difference not in the streets... You said okay I don't want them in the streets and I said okay that's your opinion and no one is looking to "parade" in the streets... I suppose batroun outdoor party counts as a debauchery filled parade or doesn't it? Meh never been

But anyway I understand you don't want to see such sights in Lebanon and well I'm not arguing with you about that, that's your opinion and I respect it, what I was arguing about specifically was the debauchery segment

Edit :

added the video from the tour Eiffel last year

This was before the nice attack, may everyone who died that day rest in peace

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Same thing 14th of July in France, I also go watch every year lol!

No you didn't get it. It is not the same thing. It is a 10/15 days of festival in the streets of the city, with all kind of shows, attractions, exhibitions, concerts....the city is closed to vehicles and becomes for pedestrians only...The only thing common with the 14th of July, is the last 30 minutes...You need to get out more girl...hehe

But anyway abou sandal enta your basis for the objection is that you don't want this debauchery in (Edit: the streets of) Lebanon,...

Now you're trying to put words in my mouth, I didn't say, in order go on a spinning tour...Fetna Bel Faragh...lol

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
No you didn't get it. It is not the same thing. It is a 10/15 days of festival in the streets of the city, with all kind of shows, attractions, exhibitions, concerts....the city is closed to vehicles and becomes for pedestrians only...The only thing common with the 14th of July, is the last 30 minutes...You need to get out more girl...hehe

Now you're trying to put words in my mouth, I didn't say, in order go on a spinning tour...Fetna Bel Faragh...lol

Oh haha very nice ^_^ lol yeah I agree that I need to get out more, I haven't left France in over a year... But if I may draw the parallel here, gay pride also lasts for a week it's not at all limited to parade they have seminars, art exhibitions and whatnot and then the parade on the last day

In regards to point 2, yeah you specified the streets, my bad!

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Oh haha very nice ^_^ lol yeah I agree that I need to get out more, I haven't left France in over a year...

Good thing I reminded you that...Especially that Annecy is in France Isa...hehe

But if I may draw the parallel here, gay pride also lasts for a week it's not at all limited to parade they have seminars, art exhibitions and whatnot and then the parade on the last day

Gay parades are restrictive and discriminatory. They are about gays. About specific sexual orientations. About specific sexual behaviors. About sex too, and mainly. And they can be too graphic to be allowed in public let alone in open streets. They are parades restricted to a minority, that is promoting its sexuality (As opposed to promoting rights) by parading in front of a majority, in a way that sends a wrong message, and all that majority perceives from it, is like "We are showing you the most extreme graphic image that we know disgusts you, yet take that in your face". It's inherently wrong, on so many levels.

And it's nothing to be compared, even remotely, with yearly festivals that cities organize.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against parades, and not against all kind of weirdos one can find in parades. It's part of the game, and it's funny. As long as it does not turn into pure sexual connotation and purpose. And as long as they are meant for all. I wouldn't mind gays eventually mingling in them, within acceptable reason and boundaries, like everyone else, and with a minimum of level of obscenity and graphic display.

Such parades for all, are more acceptable examples of parades, in the course of general and inclusive festivals:

LAKE PARADE 2015 - Geneva, Switzerland

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Good thing I reminded you that...Especially that Annecy is in France Isa...hehe

Gay parades are restrictive and discriminatory. They are about gays. About specific sexual orientations. About specific sexual behaviors. About sex too, and mainly. And they can be too graphic to be allowed in public let alone in open streets. They are parades restricted to a minority, that is promoting its sexuality (As opposed to promoting rights) by parading in front of a majority, in a way that sends a wrong message, and all that majority perceives from it, is like "We are showing you the most extreme graphic image that we know disgusts you, yet take that in your face". It's inherently wrong, on so many levels.

And it's nothing to be compared, even remotely, with yearly festivals that cities organize.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against parades, and not against all kind of weirdos one can find in parades. It's part of the game, and it's funny. As long as it does not turn into pure sexual connotation and purpose. And as long as they are meant for all. I wouldn't mind gays eventually mingling in them, within acceptable reason and boundaries, like everyone else, and with a minimum of level of obscenity and graphic display.

Such parades for all, are more acceptable examples of parades, in the course of general and inclusive festivals:

LAKE PARADE 2015 - Geneva, Switzerland

Well to be honest I see no difference between the parade you posted and gay pride, they're not at all limited to gay people or promoting sexuality, at least not more than say the techno parade or this parade... so no they're not restrictive and discriminatory, I go every year with my friends we're not really gay lol, just to have a good time and see what the kids are wearing this year lol! If you don't particularly like to see gay people kissing or a guy dancing you don't have to attend though lol

Never seen so many people on that lake lol but the only times I visited Geneva it was mostly in winter since I go to Chamonix mont Blanc every year, it looks a lot nicer in the summer

Also never heard of Annecy lol

Last edited:

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
This is often the problem with people living in Paris...LOL...But rejoice. You now know where you're going next summer. You'll thank me for it later :D

I'm going on a tour to the south of France during summer haven't checked the places yet we're going by Montpellier first and winging it from there lol just checked apparently 4 hours from Montpellier it's manageable maybe we'll hit it on our way from Paris ^_^ thanks for an interesting addition to the itinerary

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I'm going on a tour to the south of France during summer haven't checked the places yet we're going by Montpellier first and winging it from there lol just checked apparently 4 hours from Montpellier it's manageable maybe we'll hit it on our way from Paris ^_^ thanks for an interesting addition to the itinerary

Montpellier is beautiful and sunny in the summer. But nothing compares to Haute-Savoie. Try Annecy, Geneve, Thonon, Evian, Ivoire...Summer is beautiful there, temperatures are high and lakes are gorgeous. Annecy has the cleanest lake in all Europe. Blue water where you can see the white sand 10s of meters in the bottom, while swimming in it.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Montpellier is beautiful and sunny in the summer. But nothing compares to Haute-Savoie. Try Annecy, Geneve, Thonon, Evian, Ivoire...Summer is beautiful there, temperatures are high and lakes are gorgeous. Annecy has the cleanest lake in all Europe. Blue water where you can see the white sand 10s of meters in the bottom, while swimming in it.

We did something similar except in Brittany 2 years ago, hit the entire coast from mont saint Michel until perros guirec which was our original destination then visited Brest and whatnot, the idea was doing the coast this year from Montpellier to Monaco since I've never visited before, and since we're going by car it should be easy to hit different stops along the way ^_^

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
:wideyed:

Please tell me you're talking about the festival and not the city...

Lmao no never heard of the city either, to be honest outside of Ile de France ,Normandy, Strasbourg, Chamonix mont blanc, and Brittany, I haven't visited much in France

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Apparently the water used to be super polluted, so they decided to clean it...but now it is too clean...so clean that fish have trouble surviving in it (not enough nutrients).

Anyway...what a gorgeous place.