• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Beirut gay pride 2017

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Lmao no never heard of the city either, to be honest outside of Ile de France ,Normandy, Strasbourg, Chamonix mont blanc, and Brittany, I haven't visited much in France

Yes I realized after reading your other posts.

Girl! Imma send you a link by PM. You watch that and you'll understand what AS, DA, and I meant when we talked about preserving French culture, in that other thread. You will get a whole new outlook on your country of adoption, count yourself very lucky to be there, and will want to protect such beauty from decay as well.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Yes I realized after reading your other posts.

Girl! Imma send you a link by PM. You watch that and you'll understand what AS, DA, and I meant when we talked about preserving French culture, in that other thread. You will get a whole new outlook on your country of adoption, count yourself very lucky to be there, and will want to protect such beauty from decay as well.

The places I've visited are already incredibly beautiful, my absolute favourite was ploumanach in Brittany wonderful area and the tide omg the tide was amazing to watch...

But based entirely on what I've visited France is not a country with a single culture, rather a multitude of cultures, every area has a signature dish, special accent, and the people are different

So no long story short I don't think I'll understand what you were talking about regarding protecting the "French culture"

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Montpellier is beautiful and sunny in the summer. But nothing compares to Haute-Savoie. Try Annecy, Geneve, Thonon, Evian, Ivoire...Summer is beautiful there, temperatures are high and lakes are gorgeous. Annecy has the cleanest lake in all Europe. Blue water where you can see the white sand 10s of meters in the bottom, while swimming in it.
Definitely recommend Annecy and Yvoire... Genève i would avoid if not on a business trip...

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Geneve by night in the old city is extremely romantic...
True, but crowded... and frankly Yvoire and Annecy are far more natural, rustic and romantic in my view... then again I travel frequently to Geneva so maybe I've stopped appreciating it...

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
In Lebanon, religious extremism and cultural terrorism are more accepted than basic human rights. We’ve known this for a while, but got another reminder this week when a fringe religiously extreme group with so much political clout managed to get the Lebanese government to force the cancellation of two scheduled events as part of Beirut’s pride week.

The latest event was organized by the Arab World’s first ever LGBT advocacy NGO Helem, and was aimed at raising awareness through actual facts and expert opinion about the LGBT community in Lebanon. It was supposed to be one of the last events to take place during Beirut’s Pride Week schedule, until Lebanon’s security forces “couldn’t ensure the security of the event” anymore, as was relayed to the location that was hosting it. When Metro El Madina, the location hosting the event, resisted, the pressure from official sides in Lebanon’s governance also rose leading to the event’s cancellation.

As I said before, religious extreme group in Lebanon are a cancer in our society, regardless of which religion they practice. They come in all forms and have been given so much power by our political system that they can literally walk all over our personal liberties and the only thing we can do is sit by and watch as they do so, under the guise of various dimwitted slogans that they permeate, mostly about how anything their religious beliefs don’t conform with is a western ploy to destroy our societies and a sin aimed at fragmenting the fabrics of Lebanon’s holy society.

Except it’s exactly their religious extremism that’s the main threat behind everything Lebanon stands for, when it comes to its societal fabric and construct. The fact that they are allowed to perpetuate their sickening beliefs and force them onto everyone else, especially when the people they’re trying to oppress are acting within their legal and constitutional rights, is horrifying. And this won’t change any time soon.

Shame on Lebanon’s government. They’re the side to blame about both cancellations here. They’re the ones who couldn’t put an irrelevant religiously extreme group in its place and allow an event that was planned within the framework of Lebanon’s guaranteed freedom of expression from going through unscathed. They’re the ones who have allowed our rights as Lebanese to be entirely dependent on whether they abide by the moral code of some religious group somewhere. They’re the ones who don’t have the spine to stand up for the citizens they’re bound to protect.

If Lebanon’s government thinks that massive PR overhaul the country needs will only come through articles in American or European media about how beautiful the country is to visit, they’re massively mistaken. It will come through events such as Pride Week that show the world that this country in the Middle East is grossly different than all of its surroundings and that minds are more open and tolerant here, and that maybe it’d be worth looking at Lebanon with consideration.

And yet, despite all of the religious extremism and cultural terrorism that’s permitted by our political system, Beirut’s Mar Mikhael neighborhood has its bars filled with the LGBT pride flag, also known as the rainbow flag, in order to celebrate the end of the Arab world’s first ever pride week.

As you can see from the above picture gallery, with pictures taken off Helem’s Facebook page, more than a dozen bars around the area sported the flag on one of their busiest nights of the week as a sign of solidarity. This shows that, against all odds, Lebanon’s youth is coming together to advance rights in the country for everyone. Maybe there is light at the end of that tunnel after all?

It’s truly a beautiful sight to see Beirut, against all odds and all threats, wear those flags in such a high profile area and literally not give a **** about the police or the government behind the police or the extremists who run our government behind the scenes. Perhaps it bodes for a better future. Perhaps one might be foolish in being hopeful, but for such flags to fly high in the Middle East is, well, unheard of. Beirut literally did that.

Now let’s wait for those religiously extreme people’s minds to blow.

Beirut Filled With Pride Flags, Despite The Cultural Terrorism That Lebanon’s Government Allows – A Separate State of Mind | A Blog by Elie Fares

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Definitely recommend Annecy and Yvoire... Genève i would avoid if not on a business trip...

True, but crowded... and frankly Yvoire and Annecy are far more natural, rustic and romantic in my view... then again I travel frequently to Geneva so maybe I've stopped appreciating it...

I like Geneva, I've visited about 6 or 7 times so far, since it's always winter when I visit though I never thought it was crowded lol as a matter of fact I felt like it was under populated kinda like Paris in august haha also CERN rocks

Chamonix Mont Blanc is really the destination in the area though, if you haven't visited yet, you should ^_^

Edit: I also just realised I could have visited Annecy instead of visiting Geneva another time this year

Last edited:

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
No you're right. Geneve is not what can be considered a touristic city. And one needs to live in it for some time to feel its charm. Especially by mingling with the young population, that is a true multinational community by itself.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Well to get back on topic apparently the event that was cancelled was a coming stories sharing thing, and that offended the sensibilities of some Islamic group... Who then threatened the people responsible for the event, and the Lebanese authorities told them they couldn't guarantee their safety... The location that was hosting the event, metro al madina didn't back down, but then the Lebanese authorities asked for the event to be halted...

Honestly I am totally disgusted by this!

Apparently if you're gay in this country you don't even have a right to come out of the closet! Khallik juwa w khallik sekit ! Ou3a bethin l moujtama3 eza btehke!

Rising Phoenix

I went to church today and prayed God to help me raise my children to become healthy and successful and help them have a normal life: marry and have children...Amen

Impera

I went to church today and prayed God to help me raise my children to become healthy and successful and help them have a normal life: marry and have children...Amen

And if somehow one of your children turn out to be gay, you'll know that God is ****ing with you.

Just like he likes to do with most people, and then sit there and enjoy the carnage.

P.S: You'll also know that God manno Roum :)

Rising Phoenix

And if somehow one of your children turn out to be gay, you'll know that God is ****ing with you.

Just like he likes to do with most people, and then sit there and enjoy the carnage.

P.S: You'll also know that God manno Roum :)

God helps you...he doesn't "drive" you
In the unfortunate situation one of my kids becomes gay I will bare the full responsibility...
P.S I will skip my reply on the Allah Roum issue

Thoma

Okay so all sex is a disorder unless you have children? That's the crux of your argument right ? People should not have sex unless the purpose is children!

I honestly don't really feel like this discussion would lead to any constructive place, the entire premise is flawed... So yeah honestly this will be my last reply

Your last reply is entirely ridiculous since you are actually engaging me in a debate lol! I really think you should work on your English

So now after having established (so far), and you having conceded, that disorders / non-disorders are acknowledged not by virtue of satisfying the criteria 'existing in nature', 'being inborn', 'involving consensual agreement', nor by virtue of a 'strictly scientific knowledge', but by something that inherently and strictly encompasses it, what is the basis that you're relying on for considering homosexuality not a disorder, other than an irrational/baseless purely-emotional whim or gut feeling?

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Well some say, you're offending god when engaging in sodomy.

As for the pope, the Church was plagued (and still is) with corruption and scandals, he needed to distance himself from them and re-brand Catholicism in a new light.

Well yes of course! Sodomy debauchery and all kinds of crap! To be honest god seems to be offended by everything so yeah don't really care much ^_^ i have sex with my husband every single day and guess what, I'm using contraceptives oh and morning after pill whenever I forget... Imagine how many abortions I'm personally responsible for!

Going to hell anyway may as well enjoy my ride ^_^

Impera

Well yes of course! Sodomy debauchery and all kinds of crap! To be honest god seems to be offended by everything so yeah don't really care much ^_^ i have sex with my husband every single day and guess what, I'm using contraceptives oh and second day pill whenever I forget... Imagine how many abortions I'm personally responsible for!

Going to hell anyway may as well enjoy my ride ^_^

Every single day, Christ almighty, your husband's balls are brushing his knees by now :)

I think if we look at feudal lords or za3ims here in Lebanon, it's clear that people have created a God with similar behaviors. Hey if I was a God (would be fun tbh), I would do the same. You have to keep the flock in line.

Impera

But anyway humanity as a whole will cease to exist in about 100 years if we keep going the way we're going! Limiting natalities should be priority one for everyone!

Meh humans are so meh and vacuous anyway. Which tells you a lot about "created in the image of God" thingy.