Beirut gay pride 2018 suspended after leader detained by police

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Being gay is fine.
Organizing gay events to talk and share their stories is fine.
Organizing marches to demand for equal rights is fine.
Going out in public with your significant other, holding hands, kissing is fine too.

Stating what is a decent behavior outside is kinda relative. For an islamist for example, even a straight couple holding hands and kissing on the cheeks is indecent. You can't make a law that forbids what YOU find offensive. People get offended by too many things, that are different of what is considered offensive by some other groups.
I ,for example, get offended by Mosques and Churches, and find them as places where people celebrate having no clue whatsoever, but you don't see me arguing for banning Mosques and Churches :D .
Muslims get offended by people drinking, how would you feel if they wanted to make a law that states anyone who wants to drink can only drink in his home?

I do understand @Dark Angel 's points in here, and I do believe he is VERY FAR from being a homophobic and he is just concerned about public decency (unlike @JustLeb who have experienced some very nice DVDs that shaped his views XD).
But how can you come to an objective view of what is a decent behavior in public? for me as long as people aren't running naked in the streets it is fine.
this is where we disagree. i personally i am not offended with public displays of affection within a certain limit, as i have pointed out, a quick peck is not a big deal whereas people having their tongues in each others throats is something they should have the respect and the decency to do in private. decency is an axiom of the social contract that should be adhered to. there is a time and a place for everything, and these are usually givens and they fall under the common sense perspective. personal freedom does not allow for violating the norms of public decency.

the islamic tradition however is a different story all together, the perspective of personal freedom is not pretty much non existent, and many of the basic individual rights are not even recognized, consequently freedom of thought, freedom of expression and freedom of worship take a major hit under the islamic banner. and that is reflected in many aspects through a mix of tradition and sharia laws. we just began ramadn for instance, and most islamic countries and cities outlaw eating in public during the fast hours, the same goes for drinking. whereas in Christianity where free will is a major component of the faith you cannot really note whether people are fasting or not. and that is without even visiting the part where gay people are automatically put to death according to the islamic sharia laws.

in short, you have to have a valid rational reason to be offended, it is not a matter of whims. if you however still feel offended at the sight of a church then an exorcism might be in order :p

• Advertisement
  • Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    i have to admit and be very honest here (and please DA accept it at its face value), this is the most balanced post i have seen from you in this thread, and i respect that.

now that said, i was very shocked at your "conclusions" in your earliest post - below. And I have 2 problems with it:
    1- Your "interpretation" of why the LGBT community is underrepresented in the scientific community (and nobel prize winners?) is that, and i QUOTE "the primary interests of that group are stuck around a single orphan subject, without any sense of direction on the larger world scale, without any sort of internal compass either". So you completely ignored all the other factors that could be at play. So i am shocked, knowing how intelligent and intellectual you are, that you would narrow down your conclusion to ONE factor that serves the argument, and that is the LGBT community is ONLY busy with their sexual orientation they cannot do math. You ignored the other factors such as (i) MANY gay people have been closeted throughout history, and MANY still are, and (ii) for those who are out, many have to deal with how society and authorities treat them and hence have to deal with confidence and other psychological issues... To say that all gays are only focused on their sexual orientation and that's why we don't see many excelling in science is just surprising.. it's like saying we don't see a big proportion of black people as CEOs simply because they're too focused on black rights!

2- you have GENERALIZED in your statement below (and i am quoting it so that we minimize the "misinterpretation")... in every "community" there are extremists who sometimes hurt the cause they are defending more than actually help it. We see those in black right movements, in women's rights movements, in Palestinian resistance, etc... this does NOT give us the right to generalize and put everyone else in the same bucket. If there are LGBT groups that are politicizing their rights, as you say, and taking it to the extreme, that does not mean that the LGBT population as a whole is only focused on their sexual orientation and are failing at focusing on science... i just can't believe we are having this discussion, especially with DA!

in any case, i am happy with your latest post... bayyadta shway.
    it goes without saying there are exceptions and i should have made that clear. the point however still stands, and not just for the LGBT community, but every group of individuals who go to extreme lengths in the pursuit of the satisfaction of their own selfish desires, in particular the ones who advocate giving in to the instincts under the pretext that man is just another animal species, and those who put physical pleasure and pleasure of the flesh first in their priority lists, are no longer in harmony with the dignity of life and the nobility of mankind, and no longer conform with the struggle that marked the rise of mankind, intellectually, morally and scientifically.

now the other part of the statement is a personal observation, i have noticed that people who fall within the above category, exhibit issues with preciseness and exactness, which are major tenants in the sciences that are based on exact truths. regardless of which leads to what, whether the lack of affinity to exactness is what induces the focus on the immediate pleasures, or whether it the focus on the immediate pleasures that impacts the exactness and preciseness in ones mind, it remains that the outcome appears to be one, and it consequently discourages people from embracing pure scientific fields. and this could explain why those who fall in such categories are more likely to be found in scientific fields like psychology, sociology, anthropology, sexology etc.... rather than in the main scientific disciplines.

gramsci

gramsci

Legendary Member
    Thats what i was indicating before ..
    most of LGBT ambients in europe are infiltrated by sionist lobbies and some centers of political powers to promote some political agenda's ( im not hinting to lebanon homo groups who have all the right that their voice be heard and their demand being listened to, after all they are citizen and have the same right as any other citizen..its the task of the lebanese rotten political class thats doesnt care for lebanese society and its interest and with that i fully support those brothers gays and lesbians , in their righteous demand of equality and full right of citizenship and social acceptance .

Zurich PrideMi piace
    14 maggio alle ore 20:25 ·
    We are very happy to announce that Netta Barzilai נטע ברזילי, Winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2018, will be on our Mainstage on Saturday, June 16 @Kasernenareal in Zurich, Switzerland.
    ??
    ??
    ?️‍?
    Join us at this years Zurich Pride and celebrate with us! As always, the festival is free of charge.
    #zurichpride #samelovesamerights #eurovision #AllAboard#ESC2018

Red Phoenix

Red Phoenix

Legendary Member
    13353_862364043824027_3577948761410441743_n.jpg
    isis-gay-man-executed-syria.jpg

calling the pride's LGBT community a bunch of mental retards is an insult to mental retards

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    View attachment 10119
    View attachment 10120

calling the pride's LGBT community a bunch of mental retards is an insult to mental retards
    the resemblance between the snowflakes and the Elois, the post human race living on the surface from the time machine novel, is beyond eerie. and to quote:

By the year AD 802701, humanity has evolved into two separate species: the Eloi and the Morlocks. The Eloi live a banal life of ease on the surface of the earth, while the Morlocks live underground, tending machinery and providing food, clothing, and inventory for the Eloi. The narration suggests that the separation of species may have been the result of a widening split between different social classes. Having solved all problems that required strength, intelligence, or virtue, the Eloi have slowly become dissolute and naive: they are described as smaller than modern humans, with shoulder-length curly hair, pointed chins, large eyes, small ears, small mouths with bright red thin lips, and sub-human intelligence. They do not perform much work, except to feed, play, and mate; and when Weena falls into a river, none of the other Eloi helps her (she is rescued instead by the Time Traveler). Periodically, the Morlocks capture individual Eloi for food; and because this typically happens on moonless nights, the Eloi are terrified of darkness.​

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    the resemblance between the snowflakes and the Elois, the post human race living on the surface from the time machine novel, is beyond eerie. and to quote:

By the year AD 802701, humanity has evolved into two separate species: the Eloi and the Morlocks. The Eloi live a banal life of ease on the surface of the earth, while the Morlocks live underground, tending machinery and providing food, clothing, and inventory for the Eloi. The narration suggests that the separation of species may have been the result of a widening split between different social classes. Having solved all problems that required strength, intelligence, or virtue, the Eloi have slowly become dissolute and naive: they are described as smaller than modern humans, with shoulder-length curly hair, pointed chins, large eyes, small ears, small mouths with bright red thin lips, and sub-human intelligence. They do not perform much work, except to feed, play, and mate; and when Weena falls into a river, none of the other Eloi helps her (she is rescued instead by the Time Traveler). Periodically, the Morlocks capture individual Eloi for food; and because this typically happens on moonless nights, the Eloi are terrified of darkness.​

What a disgusting comparison

IsaBells

IsaBells

All the jingle ladies, put your hands up!
    Orange Room Supporter
    why do you find it to be disgusting? i find it to be rather prophetic.
    Your basis is the same basis you had for that silly argument a couple of pages back not to mention you actually used the word snowflake in a serious context which comes with its own issues!

You are making a silly little comparison with LGBTQ individuals standing against islamophobia and discrimination despite the fact that Islam is the most homophobic religion on the planet, qualifying them as snowflakes, a derogatory term intended to refer to "special" individuals who cry all the time, and then comparing them to a race of superficial people in a destopian society... And then you ask why your comparison is disgusting???

You've been passing judgement on people this entire thread by limiting them to their sexual orientation and talking about how they are putting their sexuality at the forefront when in fact their sexual orientation is the only aspect you yourself are focused on and using it as an excuse to talk about morality, truth and I don't know what else you like to link into your random prejudices against people who don't see the world in the same exact way you do!

If anyone is being superficial in this thread it's you!

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Your basis is the same basis you had for that silly argument a couple of pages back not to mention you actually used the word snowflake in a serious context which comes with its own issues!

You are making a silly little comparison with LGBTQ individuals standing against islamophobia and discrimination despite the fact that Islam is the most homophobic religion on the planet, qualifying them as snowflakes, a derogatory term intended to refer to "special" individuals who cry all the time, and then comparing them to a race of superficial people in a destopian society... And then you ask why your comparison is disgusting???

You've been passing judgement on people this entire thread by limiting them to their sexual orientation and talking about how they are putting their sexuality at the forefront when in fact their sexual orientation is the only aspect you yourself are focused on and using it as an excuse to talk about morality, truth and I don't know what else you like to link into your random prejudices against people who don't see the world in the same exact way you do!

If anyone is being superficial in this thread it's you!
    Are you sure LGBTQ includes enough letters? :)
    I am tired of sexual orientation debates... I understand Lebanon is retarded on that front but here in the US, I am tired of it...

Red Phoenix

Red Phoenix

Legendary Member

lol

min wen nabashta this one!

good find tho

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    why do you find it to be disgusting? i find it to be rather prophetic.
    Enough with the brainwash prophetic bullshit
    Those pictures are the direct result of the prophecies and obsessions of the organizations that you and your likes represent.