Bessri Dam - A catalyst for a devastating earthquake?

Do you think the Dam Of Bessry

• Is a great achievement

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Is not worth the risk

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Advertisement
  • LForever

LForever

I applaud the LF for embracing all these environmental causes. They have a long track record of focusing on natural and historical sites, and protecting them at all costs, going as far as storing toxic waste in the mountains of Mount Lebanon or ammunition in the Geita grotto just to get the point across...
    Living in the fake past...

superduper703

superduper703

Some of us lived through that period and know the facts. If you’re too young to know, then try to get educated.
    So, you're equating militia actions with State actions? Good to know that our president and his cabal of corrupt assholes are upstanding citizens. :lol:

Nonan

Nonan

Orange Room Supporter
    So, you're equating militia actions with State actions? Good to know that our president and his cabal of corrupt assholes are upstanding citizens. :lol:
    You’re interpreting علا زواءك . I’m merely pointing the hypocrisy of an LF supporter pretending to care for the environment. I never commented on the dam issue. Nice try but مش زابطا معك. Better luck next time.

superduper703

superduper703

You’re interpreting علا زواءك . I’m merely pointing the hypocrisy of an LF supporter pretending to care for the environment. I never commented on the dam issue. Nice try but مش زابطا معك. Better luck next time.
    And again, you're equating something that happened more than 25 years ago under a militia - of which this poster was probably not a member back then - with what is happening now under the State.

Nonan

Nonan

Orange Room Supporter
    And again, you're equating something that happened more than 25 years ago under a militia - of which this poster was probably not a member back then - with what is happening now under the State.
    Maybe your English comprehension is challenged or you equate things in your head. Have a good day and don’t bother responding as you just joined my ignore list so won’t see or know of your answer :).

LForever

LForever

Some of us lived through that period and know the facts. If you’re too young to know, then try to get educated.
    Whatever we say, your best reply is « eh bass l ouwet 3emlo hek w hek...min arb3in seni »...incredible!!!
    I am interested by what is happening now!

Nonan

Nonan

Orange Room Supporter
    Whatever we say, your best reply is « eh bass l ouwet 3emlo hek w hek...min arb3in seni »...incredible!!!
    I am interested by what is happening now!
    I’m questioning the sincerity of your interest and calling it pure politics given past actions of those you support.

LForever

LForever

I’m questioning the sincerity of your interest and calling it pure politics given past actions of those you support.
    What is the link between what happened 40 years ago and what happening now?!
    40 years man...!!! By the way, why don’t you ask the ministry of environment to dig up this toxic waste if this is true ?
    I am from akkar and I have witnessed the constant devastation of every river,water sources in this beautiful region...I just don’t want the same fate for other region.
    The main problem is the pollution of all water sources and I insist all water sources in akkar

The other problem is the waste of water on the « grid/network » and the Lebanese unjustified excessive consumption of water! We must start there.

LForever

LForever

I hope this si not true… They are saying that the majlis l inme2 w l i3mar is giving this man the right to cut 1/4 if the Forest in bisri valley before starting the construction or the dam

Last edited:
    LForever

LForever

From bisri with love
    They are raping an entire region to construct a dam (1.2 milliards de dollars), ecological disaster, financial disaster in a bankrupt country!
    And under the responsibility of the council of development and reconstruction ( corrupted to the bone) and the benediction of the ministry of water and energy.
    During the war, this beautiful region was preserved and look what is happening now.
    The money spent on this dam can be used more efficiently on the water distribution network, the sewage treatment plant, mjerir...etc

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

From bisri with love
    They are raping an entire region to construct a dam (1.2 milliards de dollars), ecological disaster, financial disaster in a bankrupt country!
    And under the responsibility of the council of development and reconstruction ( corrupted to the bone) and the benediction of the ministry of water and energy.
    During the war, this beautiful region was preserved and look what is happening now.
    The money spent on this dam can be used more efficiently on the water distribution network, the sewage treatment plant, mjerir...etc
    whos they??

LForever

LForever

Look at this one in brissa ( deniyeh).
    Many geological engineers are saying that the geological nature of bisri region is the same ( karstic formation) and there is a big chance for the same result in bisri.
    And in the end : 1,2 milliards dollars à la poubelle, an agricultural, ecological , cultural and archeological heritage completely raped.