[Black Monday 9 March 2020] Stock Market crash - 2020

Joe tayyar

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Dow should go to 29000 to cover the daily candle gap, but the question is when? Thats up to market manipulators, it can be with this current monthly candle, otherwise it will take a long time To do so!

same goes for SP 500, Nasdaq and other markets.

• Advertisement
  • NMA

NMA

Which platform do you guys use to trade stocks from Lebanon ?

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    better stay away during wild swings if you're in stay in, if you're out stay out, today we saw the dow climb 1000pts again. Nothing fundamental changed in the last days, and I don't day trade, I am in for the long term so noting fundamentally changed for me either.
    If you feel that swings like these are hurting you, that you can't recover from them on the short term and it is hurting your sleep then you are more heavily invested in the market than you should. There was a time when i was in this position, now I don't do it anymore. but if i wanted to trade something today I would short the VIX.
    i am too cowardly to short anything and not nearly educated enough in this to do so.
    I am actually moving a bit on stocks that i wanted to buy anyway and continuing to inject cash it that way i drop my PRUs a bit.
    Been eyeing Microsoft for a while and got my hands on it at 165, added 3 dirt cheap Exxons and added 1FB at 190 (ad prices soaring) ...nothing drastic in comparison whith my whole portfolio. I am a long aswell and like aristocrats in general so if it drops again i will reinforce some positions while i DCA to not miss this completly. Not going all in. stocks sold : 0.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Which platform do you guys use to trade stocks from Lebanon ?
    Sorry for me its an EU only one. Be careful with lebanese platforms some of them are not very trust worthy ( ive heard of some guy who did not place the orders expecting the markets to go down...was a horrible gamble for him and ended up owing all the winnings). Find a solid one not sure if Fidus and co do that.

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    i am too cowardly to short anything and not nearly educated enough in this to do so.
    Buy a put, at worse you loose its value. otherwise you just get money back.

I am actually moving a bit on stocks that i wanted to buy anyway and continuing to inject cash it that way i drop my PRUs a bit.
    If you are investing go with ETFs, unless you are super rich buying few stocks here can be fun and looks like a hobby but it is not an instrument for making money on the long term and is a risky endeavour if you have all your money in few stocks. ETFs can shield you from the risk while still providing with a long term prospect.

Been eyeing Microsoft for a while and got my hands on it at 165, added 3 dirt cheap Exxons and added 1FB at 190 (ad prices soaring) ...nothing drastic in comparison whith my whole portfolio. I am a long aswell and like aristocrats in general so if it drops again i will reinforce some positions while i DCA to not miss this completly. Not going all in. stocks sold : 0.
    You also need to be long on Bond ETFs that is actually what shielded me in my porfolio in the last few days while, the stocks were plunging in my short/medium term portoflio, because I owned 45% in fixed income in those porfolios my portfolio is still up 8% in the last 12 months when they were 12% the week before, and yesterday, they didn't even move while the market was up 5% because fixed income dropped while stocks moved up. Fixed income will dampen those wild swings and still provides you supplemental icome to stocks. For short medium term it is great. Stocks are really long term and if you feel you need to touch your porfolio during swings then you porfolio is not long term.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    If you are investing go with ETFs, unless you are super rich buying few stocks here can be fun and looks like a hobby but it is not an instrument for making money on the long term and is a risky endeavour if you have all your money in few stocks. ETFs can shield you from the risk while still providing with a long term prospect.
    I am splitting between ETFs and individual stocks and i have to for tax purposes. I am maintaining a good diversification lets say on the stocks i own (markets and verticals with around 25 references and not looking to add much more).

You also need to be long on Bond ETFs that is actually what shielded me in my porfolio in the last few days while, the stocks were plunging in my short/medium term portoflio, because I owned 45% in fixed income in those porfolios my portfolio is still up 8% in the last 12 months when they were 12% the week before, and yesterday, they didn't even move while the market was up 5% because fixed income dropped while stocks moved up. Fixed income will dampen those wild swings and still provides you supplemental icome to stocks. For short medium term it is great. Stocks are really long term and if you feel you need to touch your porfolio during swings then you porfolio is not long term.
    My portfolios term is around 15years so in drops i do not need to touch it in wild swind and i am far from day trading. I inject cash in monthly and reinforce certain position from my disposable cash income (+ my monthly dividend revenue gets back in to work) and in periods of wild swings and if there is an advantage i can afford generally to put a bit more to get a discounted price. It is just sad to only buy in bull market and sleep in a bear one what i bought this week will probably not be sold for years (keeping an eye in case i estimate a field will die very soon). What i put in this month is almost what i put in monthly and if the market drops another 20% i might inject more.
    FI ETFs is something i should get into.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Another Day another market massacre. This looks like it has no end in sight (short term).

2 days of huge gains (mostly due to the democrat primaries i think) and 3 days of huge losses the week will average in red again.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Today will be remembered and talked about for years!
    Market massacres!

H

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    Bloomberg reporter saying that even if the public health threat minimizes, this is gonna be a long-term shitshow.

Joe tayyar

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It would be funny if he followed his own advice! :cigar:
    You should always do the opposite of what those people say, when whales on CNBC tell you something, just do the opposite! You will be on the right direction 100% lol

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

You should always do the opposite of what those people say, when whales on CNBC tell you something, just do the opposite! You will be on the right direction 100% lol
    He does have a point, stocks have plummeted and will rebound eventually in the future.

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    Bloomberg reporter saying that even if the public health threat minimizes, this is gonna be a long-term shitshow.
    But the moment there is a vaccine this will climb and if there is no vaccine, we can't keep living in everything closed and people can't go anywhere it just doesn't work on the long term. Eventually people will either find a vaccine or live with the possibilty that people will get the sickness and 2% will die and 98% will recover. So whatever this 2% dying is for the economy this is what the drop should be and it is not 20%, 20% is just panic over panic.

If there is one thing to remember from previous crashes, it is that they are always a black swan that nobody factore or has foreseen, however the recovery starts once the black swan is being tackled with measures. So far there have been no measures for the Coronavirus.

Joe tayyar

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    He does have a point, stocks have plummeted and will rebound eventually in the future.
    It will retrace a bit no doubt and it did since his tweet, but his intention is not innocent, he is an influencer and lots of people follow influencers, he is saying that to make money out of it no more no less. The market will crash hard even more, Trump said that on 28/2, check where the market prices are now? Lower that what he advised the millions. As im telling you, always do the opposite of what whales tells you!

L'arbalette

L'arbalette

But the moment there is a vaccine this will climb and if there is no vaccine, we can't keep living in everything closed and people can't go anywhere it just doesn't work on the long term. Eventually people will either find a vaccine or live with the possibility that people will get the sickness and 2% will die and 98% will recover. So whatever this 2% dying is for the economy this is what the drop should be and it is not 20%, 20% is just panic over panic.

If there is one thing to remember from previous crashes, it is that they are always a black swan that nobody factore or has foreseen, however the recovery starts once the black swan is being tackled with measures. So far there have been no measures for the Coronavirus.
    Fair, but some part of the demand has disappeared forever (i.e. for perishable things like hotels, airline tickets, other hospitality, etc.). This drop in economic output can then create a vicious cycle of layoffs, which further depresses demand, etc. That's the recession people are worried about even after Coronavirus is tackled. Ironically, countries with a good safety net should fare better in that case. We'll see. The question is whether this triggers a more fundamental change to the way we operate, the way supply chains are configured, the way people travel, etc.