Books to read ?

D

dripstraws

I have been finding a book to read. I want something that relates to different cultures and personalities of people from different places. Have you read one? Please share and give me an idea where to find them. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Big Brother

Big Brother

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    @dripstraws
    Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but it is a book I highly recommend to anyone who asks me "what book should I read?"

"The Unbearable Lightness of Being" by Milan Kundera

What it's about:
    The Unbearable Lightness of Being is a 1984 novel by Milan Kundera, about two women, two men, a dog and their lives in the 1968 Prague Spring period of Czechoslovak history.

From the back cover:
    A young woman is in love with a successful surgeon, a man torn between his love for her and his incorrigible womanizing. His mistress, a free-spirited artist, lives her life as a series of betrayals—while her other lover, earnest, faithful, and good, stands to lose everything because of his noble qualities. In a world where lives are shaped by irrevocable choices and fortuitous events, and everything occurs but once, existence seems to lose its substance, its weight. Hence we feel "the unbearable lightness of being."

A major achievement from one of the world's truly great writers, Milan Kundera's magnificent novel of passion and politics, infidelity and ideas, encompasses the extremes of comedy and tragedy, illuminating all aspects of human existence.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    @dripstraws
    Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but it is a book I highly recommend to anyone who asks me "what book should I read?"

"The Unbearable Lightness of Being" by Milan Kundera

What it's about:
    The Unbearable Lightness of Being is a 1984 novel by Milan Kundera, about two women, two men, a dog and their lives in the 1968 Prague Spring period of Czechoslovak history.

From the back cover:
    A young woman is in love with a successful surgeon, a man torn between his love for her and his incorrigible womanizing. His mistress, a free-spirited artist, lives her life as a series of betrayals—while her other lover, earnest, faithful, and good, stands to lose everything because of his noble qualities. In a world where lives are shaped by irrevocable choices and fortuitous events, and everything occurs but once, existence seems to lose its substance, its weight. Hence we feel "the unbearable lightness of being."

A major achievement from one of the world's truly great writers, Milan Kundera's magnificent novel of passion and politics, infidelity and ideas, encompasses the extremes of comedy and tragedy, illuminating all aspects of human existence.
    I highly recommend

nice choice

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

Orange Room Supporter
    The Kybalion : Centenary Edition

Sefer Yetzirah

Something Deeply Hidden by Sean Carroll

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    latest book suggestions? i am looking for books that you cannot put down.
    not interested in too much drama/love stories, no science fiction. thank you
    GO!

NewLeb

NewLeb

I have been finding a book to read. I want something that relates to different cultures and personalities of people from different places. Have you read one? Please share and give me an idea where to find them. Thanks.
    6129E14D-F4D9-4F65-8BCE-CB5F0887C593.jpeg

NewLeb

NewLeb

F9961F61-2499-4DA7-8F26-E4B441CE8C2E.jpeg

Anyone interested in the subject of Atlantis should read this. Especially if you gravitate towards the position that the lost city once existed.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    saw the reviews. Mostly great reviews. How did you enjoy it. I’m looking for an addictive book, one that you cannot put down easily :)
    I really liked it. As far as a book being addictive...I'm not sure what that would be, because I have always read a lot...so all reading is addictive to me :p

Unless you mean that you're specifically looking for a book in the thriller genre?

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

1580361380269.png
    The Story of a Young Aids Sufferer.

Just a week after Skye's fifth birthday she was diagnosed as having AIDS. Now, it seemed, she would never see her collection of pink balloons reach one hundred.

This biography tells the story of Skye Bussenschutt's courage and determination; her hopes and fears; her battle to cling to life for as long as she could; and of how her dream was realised.