• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Boueiz vs. Moawad

Mared

Guys,

I heard that there is something going on between Fares Boueiz and Nayla Moawad...could you please give me more information...

what's really happening...I heard her talking about some kind of a tape on VDL news...but honestly had no idea about what's going on...

Mared,

LebanesePride

I think Boueiz has said he was in berris office and berri put on loud speaker a call from Mouawad discussing the deal to pass the 2000 law...

Dylan

No surprise... She would have less of an electoral problem than if Zghorta was a qadda2... I always thought she was the one from KC MP's who had the most to gain from 2000 law.

By the way, the knives are out... The mouzayadeh and defense of christendom has strated before elections in Mount-Lebanon... Don't expect Boueiz to be so chummy with Jumblatt until the elections. And you know what else has started:

PRESIDENTIAL ELEMINATION PARTY.

To all presidential aspirants, beware.

Mared

Dylan said:
What do you mean Mared?... The way you put things implies some other conotations... :biggrin:
Mouawad might have had her day, but Boueiz has a lovely dame at his side. I think these are rumers... And they taped it???? :tongue:

On a more serious note: ...What the hell are u talking about???

Dylan,

I live in Canada...and don't have up-to-date news of what's going on in Lebanon except from the newspapers and hearing the news on VDL and watching LBC news which is now broadcasted live over the net...

so I was listening the news of VDL today..and Moawad started talking and Boueiz replied...so I'm not sure wha'ts going on...as LebanesePride mentioned..it most probably is due to the electoral law...that's why I'm asking for more news and information...

Mared,

Omega80

Honestly, I will support Nayla of Sleiman Franjieh anyday...
Let us say that something fishy happened with regards to the election law, however, whether you like it or not, Qornet Shehwan did play a part in addressing the Syrian presence in Lebanon over the last 5 years. Maybe sometimes not as strong as some thought they should have, however the fact remains that they did stand up.

I am shamed to see people talk of an alliance with Franijieh, the master traitor of them all. So we view him in a good way now and view the others in a bad way? I think this is falling into the trap that Franjieh and others want us to fall into.

I say no to Franjieh, Lahoud, Murr, and Berr under any circumstances. They want to play it sectarian? Well let them realize that we are not that blind as not to see what they are coming at
Do you think we are fools not to see the connection when Franjieh says that others want to replace Lahoud with a weaker Christian President, what is he trying to make Christians worried so they can rally around him and others?
I say no to any deal with the traitors. GMA 3ala rasi, however, for me there is such a thing as pro-Syrians sitll, those that were pro-Syrian in the past are marked for life as far as I am concerned, and a deal with any of them is a deal with the devil.

Dylan

Why do you blame Mouawad?

She was doing what is best for her. Same as Franjieh who wants qadda for known reasons after being against it when he could count on Sunni votes...

Same for Karami who wants qadda because except for some areas in Tripoli, he has been discredited after the his post-Harir assasination circus....

Same for Arslan who wants proportinal representation because he is a minority in chouf and in aley, not because he is intellectually commited...

Same for Chamoun in 1957 who rigged the election to get an extention...

Same for Hariri and Jumblatt who prefer 9 mouhafazat with majority voting...

Same for general Aoun who wants mouhafaza with proportional representation. Irrespective of whether he agreed on it on principle, it is a fact that it is electorally the best for FPM.

Politicians will always ask for the law that suits them best. They are not poli-sci. university professors.

zghertewi

Dylan said:
No surprise... She would have less of an electoral problem than if Zghorta was a qadda2... I always thought she was the one from KC MP's who had the most to gain from 2000 law.

By the way, the knives are out... The mouzayadeh and defense of christendom has strated before elections in Mount-Lebanon... Don't expect Boueiz to be so chummy with Jumblatt until the elections. And you know what else has started:

PRESIDENTIAL ELEMINATION PARTY.

To all presidential aspirants, beware.

la sa7e7lak ma3loumetak ya Dylan Nayla Mouawad b entikhabet el 2000 tel3et el tenyi b kada2 zgharta bas b majmou3 el aswat 3ala el mou7afazat el el shimal el oula tel3et el telti fa hal shi b barhen enou el kada2 a7sanla iza ken 3ala asas kada2 zgharta wa khasatan hala2 ba3ed ma tel3ou el souriyi wa Sleiman Franghiyeh ma 3ed 3endou da3em el moukhabarat wel terhib yali ken 3endou yeh men abel wa hal shi ma3rouf men el kel hayda awal post la eli hon wa akid kamen ebhanikoun wa ebhani lebnen b 3awdet el Genral Aoun

Dylan

zghertewi said:
la sa7e7lak ma3loumetak ya Dylan Nayla Mouawad b entikhabet el 2000 tel3et el tenyi b kada2 zgharta bas b majmou3 el aswat 3ala el mou7afazat el el shimal el oula tel3et el telti fa hal shi b barhen enou el kada2 a7sanla iza ken 3ala asas kada2 zgharta wa khasatan hala2 ba3ed ma tel3ou el souriyi wa Sleiman Franghiyeh ma 3ed 3endou da3em el moukhabarat wel terhib yali ken 3endou yeh men abel wa hal shi ma3rouf men el kel hayda awal post la eli hon wa akid kamen ebhanikoun wa ebhani lebnen b 3awdet el Genral Aoun

I did not know that. Well, that is good to hear. I like her a hundered times more than Suleiman Franjieh...

By the way, is there any support for samir Franjieh in Zgharta?
Does he get some old Hamid Franjieh sympathy?

I like the guy and think he represents the intellectual branch of the Franjieh family, just as his father did vis-a-vis the old tribal Sulayman...

Jerry

ddiwan said:
I am shamed to see people talk of an alliance with Franijieh, the master traitor of them all. So we view him in a good way now and view the others in a bad way? I think this is falling into the trap that Franjieh and others want us to fall into.
At least he says he's an ally of syria , so we can know 3a aya deen badna nimshi !! but the others , henni binfasoun don't know which road they r taking ...
ddiwan said:
I say no to Franjieh, Lahoud, Murr, and Berr under any circumstances. They want to play it sectarian? Well let them realize that we are not that blind as not to see what they are coming at.
U accept jounblatt !
and i say No to Jounblat and to the Orta ! well syria is out now , and jounblatt was till "awwal mberih" the best syrian ally , saw that the western wind is changing so he changed , at least frangieh didn't ! so an alliance with frangieh (of course under a specified program) will be respected from frangieh and he wont "yshekna" bi daherna !
ddiwan said:
Do you think we are fools not to see the connection when Franjieh says that others want to replace Lahoud with a weaker Christian President, what is he trying to make Christians worried so they can rally around him and others?
I say no to any deal with the traitors. GMA 3ala rasi, however, for me there is such a thing as pro-Syrians sitll, those that were pro-Syrian in the past are marked for life as far as I am concerned, and a deal with any of them is a deal with the devil.
Yes of course when Joublatt and Orta's deputies + Hariri's (a jounblatt puppet as i'm watching now) deputies + Berri's deputies+Hizballah's deputies with an alliance between them all which is very very real and realistic , lebanon will get a puppet president à la Jounblatt , and gooooooooooood night lebanon !!!

zghertewi

Samir Franjieh HEWI B 7ELEF ma3 Nayla Mouawad wa akid elou sha3bitou bas ya shabeb ma etkhaluna nensa yali ken 3am yed3aselna 3ala karametna b hal 30 years yali medet men feres bouayz la sleiman franjieh nesi fares bouayz wa2te hewi el 7ekim wa2ta 3amou el ra2is el hrewi wala sleaiman franghiyeh nesi mouhajamtou lel batrak mosh men zamen wa 3aytoulou bel mouzahara yali saret men 7ezeb alla b beirut ya batrakna wa kamen hayk 3aytoulou b zgharta men ebal mou7ezibinou yalla shabeb alla ey2awikoun wa alla ye7mi lebnen

zghertewi

iza badak te3mel 7elef ma3 wa7ad metel sleiman franghiyeh yali hewi b jeher b 3ala2tou ma3 syria wa b 2oul enou ebyetruok ewledou wa am ebyetrouk el khat el souri b koun ta7elouf mni7 hayda ? shou b koun e3melna ? shou 3am nekhda3 7elna? tala3nehoun men el beb wa fetou menm el shebek? kif fina en7et idna b id 3amil? fekrak enou mosh la yedroub bel daher hayda 3eyesh men wara dareb el daher fa ma tenghashou b hayk 3alam

Dylan

zghertewi said:
iza badak te3mel 7elef ma3 wa7ad metel sleiman franghiyeh yali hewi b jeher b 3ala2tou ma3 syria wa b 2oul enou ebyetruok ewledou wa am ebyetrouk el khat el souri b koun ta7elouf mni7 hayda ? shou b koun e3melna ? shou 3am nekhda3 7elna? tala3nehoun men el beb wa fetou menm el shebek? kif fina en7et idna b id 3amil? fekrak enou mosh la yedroub bel daher hayda 3eyesh men wara dareb el daher fa ma tenghashou b hayk 3alam

I think FPM die-hards are finding ways to make it kosher to ally with Franjieh, Arslan-Wahab, SSNP, etc....

I say that people should say it as it is: Aoun will ally wit Arslan if he thinks he can beat the Jumblatt list in Baabda-Alley. He will ally with Franjieh-Karami if he can get more MP's elected on that list than on the Future-BoutrosHarb-Mouawad list...

There is no shame in saying it as it is. Exchange of votes is all it is guys. Stop this hero-worship talk of agreeing with allies on agenda of reform... Everyone is looking to get more seats on the strong lists. If they are not guaranteed a respectable number of seats, they ally with theother forces...

Mared

Guys,

I opened the thread to ask about what's happening between Nayla Moawad and Fares Boueiz...and not for evaluating the elections in zgharta and who has more popularity (as it is a no-brainer)...

If you would like to assess the electoral situation in zgharta please open another thread where we can discuss it...

so please don't go off-topic...(I know I'm not a moderator)...but please we can discuss it in another thread...

Mared,

Secular Lebanon

I hate Fares Boueiz but I think he said the truth concerning Nayla. Nayla does not want Qada and she probably did say this to Berri, thus "betraying" the "opposition"

Dylan

Secular Lebanon said:
I hate Fares Boueiz but I think he said the truth concerning Nayla. Nayla does not want Qada and she probably did say this to Berri, thus "betraying" the "opposition"

It seems that what she said was answering Berri's last offer (which was brokered by Syria):

Changing the 2000 law so that the North is qadda2, while keeping the rest as it is.

Syria sponsored this in order to protect Franjieh and Karami. Mouawad and Kornet Shehwan refused it as this is clearly done to protect Franjieh and Karami. I think that was why we heard that Franjieh went to Damascus (he said he didn't) and Karami met Ghazaleh in Damascus.

Mared

Dylan,

if you think that Franjieh's ass will be saved by adopting the Caza law...then .. how would you want the people to have Moawad as their representatives...what you just said implies that you're admitting that he's the true representative of Zgharta..

anyways..this is off topic...now...

Mared,

zghertewi

3am tensou shaghli enou Nayla Mouawad heyi men awe2il el nes yali talabou bel kada2 bas wa2ta tara7 beri el kada2 bas la shemel rafadet hiyi wa Boutros 7areb hal shI ba3den bel nesbi la 3ada el ma2a3id min al enou iza el 3awniyi ebyetla3loun ma2a3ed aktar ma3 franjiyeh b koun a7san ma yetla3loun ma2a3ed a2al ma3 ghayrou lezem nekheda men teni jeha iza hayk kamen slaymen franghiyeh b sir yetla3lou ma2a3id aktar wa hayk menkoun khadamna el souriyi wa mosh lebnen wa hayda mosh hero_worship haydi wataniyi mosh hayk? ama bel nesbi la iza franghiyeh el kada2 a7san la fraghiyej eh akid a7sna bas mosh la2anou hewi el moumasil el 7a2i2i bas la2anou bel kada2 b sir yetla3 bala ktir masa3ib bas ma3 el de2ira el mouwasa3a b fi khatar 3aleh yetla3 hewi wa kel le2i7tou wa ebta3erfou leysh? la2anou el souriyi yali kenou 7emyinou la7enou tel3ou la bara ba3den el ma3raki lezem etkoun la es2at kel roumouz el nizam b lebnen mosh te2weyeta wala ana gheltan?

Haruun

What has exacty happened, all the posts are confusing. Can someone please clarify EXACTLY what happened or what is happening?