Brazilian General Elections [run-off on 28-10-2018]

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Seriously what an ass!!! I refuse to believe that this guy can be elected!!!

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Seriously what an ass!!! I refuse to believe that this guy can be elected!!!
2 Decades of leftwimg clientelism demagogery and corruption scandals, preaching 3effe and doing shady deals left and right, leaving whole cities in insecurity and abdicating to gang violence.

Thats gets this type of people into a presidents chair.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Jair Bolsonaro is known for his strong opposition to left wing policies. Most notably, he has been a vocal opponent of same-sex marriage, abortion, affirmative action (particularly racial quotas), immigration (particularly from Haiti, Africa and the Middle East, which he once called "the scum of humanity"), drug liberalization, land reforms, and secularism at the state level, among other things.

Hmmmmmm....interesting.
The only thing he got right is racial quotas. It's as stupid as the gender quota some feminists are trying to push for in Lebanon.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
We support the Crusader of Brazil ??
The Trump Of Brésil should win

Is this the kind of guy you look up to? Do you know how silly you sound to support someone like Bolsonaro?

1-In an interview with Zero Hora in 2015, Bolsonaro argued that men and women should not receive the same salaries, because women get pregnant.
2-In a June 2011, interview with Playboy, Bolsonaro said that "I would be incapable of loving a gay son," and added that he would prefer any gay son of his "to die in an accident..."
3-In a 2011 interview with Jornal de Notícias, Bolsonaro linked homosexuality to pedophilia.
4-Bolsonaro provoked considerable controversy for public remarks made in July 2008, when he appeared to advocate the sterilization of poor people, who he suggested might be too uneducated to understand family planning education.
5- In December 2008, Bolsonaro said that "the error of the dictatorship was that it tortured, but did not kill."
Bolsonaro has publicly referred to the military dictatorship as a "glorious" period in Brazil's history.
6-In a 1998 interview with Vejamagazine, Bolsonaro praised the Chilean dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet, and said the Pinochet regime, which killed over 3,000 Chilean citizens, "should have killed more people."
7-“I'm pro-torture, and the people are too.”

Thawra # Furoshima

Is this the kind of guy you look up to? Do you know how silly you sound to support someone like Bolsonaro?

1-In an interview with Zero Hora in 2015, Bolsonaro argued that men and women should not receive the same salaries, because women get pregnant.
2-In a June 2011, interview with Playboy, Bolsonaro said that "I would be incapable of loving a gay son," and added that he would prefer any gay son of his "to die in an accident..."
3-In a 2011 interview with Jornal de Notícias, Bolsonaro linked homosexuality to pedophilia.
4-Bolsonaro provoked considerable controversy for public remarks made in July 2008, when he appeared to advocate the sterilization of poor people, who he suggested might be too uneducated to understand family planning education.
5- In December 2008, Bolsonaro said that "the error of the dictatorship was that it tortured, but did not kill."
Bolsonaro has publicly referred to the military dictatorship as a "glorious" period in Brazil's history.
6-In a 1998 interview with Vejamagazine, Bolsonaro praised the Chilean dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet, and said the Pinochet regime, which killed over 3,000 Chilean citizens, "should have killed more people."
I like the guy but I don’t support his position on gender

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Depends which issue
Abortions yes
Torture no

So you're willing to disregard the fact:
-he advocates for torture
-he advocates the sterilization of poor people
-he links homosexuality to homophobia and
calls for disowning gay children
-he glorifies dictators and justifies the death of 3,000 Chileans
-he rejects slave-trading history

only because he's Catholic and pro-life.

I'm disappointed in you, LVV. I thought you were progressive than that.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member

"In an interview with Zero Hora in 2015, Bolsonaro argued that men and women should not receive the same salaries, because women get pregnant"

It is silly, of course, but here is the silver lining as well - with the rule like that women would've done their utmost not to get pregnant out of wedlock.

Thawra # Furoshima

I m not progressive except on women equality
I m a Crusader

Thawra # Furoshima

"In an interview with Zero Hora in 2015, Bolsonaro argued that men and women should not receive the same salaries, because women get pregnant"

It is silly, of course, but here is the silver lining as well - with the rule like that women would've done their utmost not to get pregnant out of wedlock.
Frankly the guy is talking nonsense sometimes
But he doesn’t have a majority in Congress
He will have to govern with the moderate right

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
Frankly the guy is talking nonsense sometimes
But he doesn’t have a majority in Congress
He will have to govern with the moderate right

I do not follow Brazilian politics, but bold part is what was said about Trump for the last 3 years and it does not seem to be true.
So, I wonder if we get accurate information to begin with.