• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Brexit: The last nail in the British Empire

The Bidenator

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I do not think it works this way, what the young pays now pays into the living pensioners now, and when they die the living now, the living pays for the living. This is not that the government saves the money for you in a bank account, so that you do not spend it, and then pays it to you when you get old. This is pay the pensions of the living by the taxes collected. So, pensioners may have no pensions, even if they paid, since what they paid also paid their predecessors. What they get they get from what the youth pays now.

So many misconceptions about how pensions work in this post, and who controls the money. I suggest you do more research on the topic. A pension plan is essentially a savings plan maintained by an employer on behalf of its employees for their retirement; the funds in this account are typically invested in long-term, low-risk investments. The funds are either calculated via a formula that takes into account years worked and salary history, or contributed by the employee. In the first case (defined benefit plan), the employer controls the plan and assets, and the employee is guaranteed retirement compensation regardless of how the assets perform. In the second case (defined contribution plan such as 401k), the employee controls the plan and assets, and retirement benefits depend on how the fund assets perform and grow.

Kizzeb2019

The old English and the uneducated voted against it, the young and the educated voted to stay.
Those who don't have pensions, who want jobs and who are not afraid of brown people know they want to be in Europe. That's why I don't believe in one man on vote, democracy is not for everyone.
They are already hurting economically their AAA rating is dropped to AA, that means it will cost England more to borrow money.
the PPl has spoken !!!! don't start with ur nagging !!!! u were so smart about crimea referendum :) yalla out from EU.

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
So many misconceptions about how pensions work in this post, and who controls the money. I suggest you do more research on the topic. A pension plan is essentially a savings plan maintained by an employer on behalf of its employees for their retirement; the funds in this account are typically invested in long-term, low-risk investments. The funds are either calculated via a formula that takes into account years worked and salary history, or contributed by the employee. In the first case (defined benefit plan), the employer controls the plan and assets, and the employee is guaranteed retirement compensation regardless of how the assets perform. In the second case (defined contribution plan such as 401k), the employee controls the plan and assets, and retirement benefits depend on how the fund assets perform and grow.

This is not government pension you are talking about. The reference is certainly made to government pensions and taxes collected by government. I do not know what country you are making reference to but in Canada, it is called the Canada Pension Plan, and in the U.K. there is something called State pension. This State pension is managed and paid by the government.

Canada Pension Plan - Overview

State Pension - GOV.UK

Danny Z

Legendary Member
Fair enought! But it can be Great news! Now Britain can refocus on it's Commonwealth rather than being follower in the EU.
Commonwealth of what? Common poorness now, every Uk citizen is 30% poorer now as the UK pound dropped, let alone the rating of the country bonds was dropped two notches from AAA to AA so now,the government if it wants to issue bonds should pay more interest meaning more money from the government goes to bonds interest rather to their citizens, Scotland and Northern Ireland will leave the UK and then the UK will the NUK and the British will be the English and Wales maybe then they can play soccer together bales vs rooney directly without elimination the NUK championship that plays only a final game.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
I do not think it works this way, what the young pays now pays into the living pensioners now, and when they die the living now, the living pays for the living. This is not that the government saves the money for you in a bank account, so that you do not spend it, and then pays it to you when you get old. This is pay the pensions of the living by the taxes collected. So, pensioners may have no pensions, even if they paid, since what they paid also paid their predecessors. What they get they get from what the youth pays now.

No, pensions is a pyramid scheme, but what I said is still correct because unlike young old have already paid into it.

The Bidenator

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
This is not government pension you are talking about. The reference is certainly made to government pensions and taxes collected by government. I do not know what country you are making reference to but in Canada, it is called the Canada Pension Plan, and in the U.K. there is something called State pension. This State pension is managed and paid by the government.

Canada Pension Plan - Overview

State Pension - GOV.UK

It works the same way as the pensions I spoke about. Government pension is a defined benefit plan. The kinks may differ, but the concept is the same. In the US (and anywhere else I reckon), pension plans receive most of their annual income from investments, not contributions. See figure.

JB81

Legendary Member
Commonwealth of what? Common poorness now, every Uk citizen is 30% poorer now as the UK pound dropped, let alone the rating of the country bonds was dropped two notches from AAA to AA so now,the government if it wants to issue bonds should pay more interest meaning more money from the government goes to bonds interest rather to their citizens, Scotland and Northern Ireland will leave the UK and then the UK will the NUK and the British will be the English and Wales maybe then they can play soccer together bales vs rooney directly without elimination the NUK championship that plays only a final game.

Ya Bayy elfa2ir enta :p the Brits will take care of themselves. I don't think it's going to be bad as you may think. Britain is too much to be punished by Germany and the EU. Don't forget that the US won't leave the UK too. The UK is the US most loyal ally in Europe if not the world.

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
No, pensions is a pyramid scheme, but what I said is still correct because unlike young old have already paid into it.

In Canada, the government would pay $24,346.44 in pension if you have no other sources of income. This is $ 2028 per month. The pensioner did not pay this amount of money on a monthly basis into the system when he/she was working, so where do you think the government is getting the money to pay this person the difference between the tax deduction he/she contributed into the system and the $ 2028 he/she is receiving.

Now, one can get this pay as of the age of 65, let us say one started working at the age of 21, and would die at the age of 80. This is 34 years of work and 15 years of payment. But what is paid into the system is not equated to $ 1014 per month so that the pensioner receives 2028 per month.

What the pensioner receives, he/she receives not because they paid it. It is because they are contributing in the system. They did not save their pensions, and now have a right to get these pensions. They participated in a system that is designed to provide them with old age security and and is dependent on youth participating in it, so that the system keeps going for others. The pensioner did not pay and has no right to the $ 2028 per month, unless this pensioner has participated and maintained the continuity of the system. They will only get their pensions if the youth maintains the tax payment system that is capable of paying the balance between what is contributed and what is paid on a monthly basis.

Last edited:

nonsense

Legendary Member
This is not discrimination, because, since they get their pensions from the system, then they get their pension from a system in which the non-pensioned population pays into the system. The discrimination is established by the system. So, yes, if these pensioners want to keep their pensions then they should pay attention to who is paying into the system.

But it seems to me that these pensioners are very stupid. They want a system that is running and is collecting taxes to pay pensions. Then, they want the system to pay only white English pensioners. This is to say, they refuse to share the system of payment, but accept taxes payed to government by immigrant workers, or Brits that are ethnically not English. We accept your money, but we refuse to share the system. A system of beggars and a system that is founded on breeding beggars, by pastoral power of populist politics, can not sustain itself.

What we have in here is a social well fare system, and social welfare collectors as an English and white privilege. Let them have it. They are all collectors of social well fare and once you do not have money paid into the system, you will also not be able to make payments. Back to the dark ages is where England is going.
Pensions is one way to look at it, but one can also argue the older generation built the country up to what it is today for younger generations to benefit from. So I don't think looking at pensions or financial aspects measures accurately the contribution of older generations.

I am not familiar with the details of how pensions are funded in the UK. But the type of welfare one follow is a choice made by society based on values, and an important part of that is that the more capable contribute more to support the more vulnerable (children, elderly, sick). So it is not based on merit or ability alone. Of course a society may choose otherwise, but that is not the type of society I would like to live in (if I had a choice!).

Il is more the easy option than the realistic one. Not only the old voted for the decisions but also one person one vote does not take into consideration that half of the peuple voted against the decision, against a stable system that has been around for several decades. They voted because they don't understand the stakes and they put almost an equal number of people in a situation that they don't want to be in and forever. Is that fair? I don't think so, but it is easy to say it is democratic because it is one man one vote but whoever came up with the one man one vote thinking that it is fair? It is fair only when the people are aware of the stakes to everybody and that their vote affects the nation equally but it does it? It is often said that Democracy is not only the vote of majority, it should also preserve the rights of minorities, well if it should protect the minority why shouldn't it also protect half of the population who is almost a majority that doesn't want to change a stable status that has been around for almost half a century?
I think it is unfair and unrealistic to have lower weight for older generations. But regarding this vote, I agree with you it is too heavy blow to make such a major change based on a relatively small difference. And I say this although I am for Brexit (not that I have anything directly at stake here). I do not think minority rights are harmed in any sense though. It is quite democratic but having a referendum on such a divisive topic which has lumped so many things together is very dangerous, and we are yet to see the full effect. Frankly, I don't know what would have been a better way to decide on remaining or exiting the EU, but we can blame the political parties who agreed to have the referendum in this way in the first place.

Kizzeb2019

as I said :) sayer zake now :) but when Crimea referendum :) ma tenet this much zake !!!! yalla get out of EU

Ralph N

So you think that the pound getting lower is a bad thing for the UK? Its the best thing ever, many people will buy goods from the UK and prefer it on europe... its like you think the British empire and administrator dont know what they do? or dont think 50 years ahead of us?

Danny Z

Legendary Member
Ya Bayy elfa2ir enta :p the Brits will take care of themselves. I don't think it's going to be bad as you may think. Britain is too much to be punished by Germany and the EU. Don't forget that the US won't leave the UK too. The UK is the US most loyal ally in Europe if not the world.
what do you mean it is not going to be bad, it is already pretty bad. The UK pound immediate drop made the UK citizens poorer on the spot.

Danny Z

Legendary Member
So you think that the pound getting lower is a bad thing for the UK? Its the best thing ever, many people will buy goods from the UK and prefer it on europe... its like you think the British empire and administrator dont know what they do? or dont think 50 years ahead of us?
The problem with buying goods from the UK now is that they will be subject to duties in Europe when Brexit happens and the U.K. wanted to play this game in the first place of having a referendum to force the hand of Europe to stop making rules that the UK doesn't like and bluff to get the rules changed now they are not part of making rules anymore and they will be subject to rules they don't like even more. The U.K. imports a lot of goods also from Europe and the USA with their British pound low that's also s problem. Given that the United Kingdom exported $472B and imported $663B a low British pound is a problem.

Kizzeb2019

Do you have arguments other than satlane and clowning with smilies, let's hear them if not keep dancing.
you keep ignoring facts and big parts of my messages, Crimea is already autonomus and is Russian, that's a fact, Crimean is Autonomus even by Ukraine's law that's a fact, Crimea wanted to be with Russia and this is not new it has been the case since they were granted autonomy by Ukraine in 1991 and even before that, the vote was secret, so what, it is a repeat vote of 1991, after all they have been in Russia until 1955 when they were gifted to Ukraine by Krutchev when he was the highest graded communist in the USSR, ironically he had governed Ukraine before that for over a decade, and had an emotional and birth attachment to it. There was no war in Crimea, that's a fact.
NOW,change the names Crimea to Britain :) and Russia to Brexit .and Ukraine to EU .:)
get out from EU.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
In Canada, the government would pay $24,346.44 in pension if you have no other sources of income. This is $ 2028 per month. The pensioner did not pay this amount of money on a monthly basis into the system when he/she was working, so where do you think the government is getting the money to pay this person the difference between the tax deduction he/she contributed into the system and the $ 2028 he/she is receiving.

Now, one can get this pay as of the age of 65, let us say one started working at the age of 21, and would die at the age of 80. This is 34 years of work and 15 years of payment. But what is paid into the system is not equated to $ 1014 per month so that the pensioner receives 2028 per month.

What the pensioner receives, he/she receives not because they paid it. It is because they are contributing in the system. They did not save their pensions, and now have a right to get these pensions. They participated in a system that is designed to provide them with old age security and and is dependent on youth participating in it, so that the system keeps going for others. The pensioner did not pay and has no right to the $ 2028 per month, unless this pensioner has participated and maintained the continuity of the system. They will only get their pensions if the youth maintains the tax payment system that is capable of paying the balance between what is contributed and what is paid on a monthly basis.

It is all fine and well, but it still does not contradict with what I said.

When you work you pay all sorts of taxes and then this government's income is used for all sorts of things where pension is the one of them as well.

It is still a pyramid and old still have put much more into it than young simply because they were paying it for much longer and I see no reason for disagreement.