Broumana municipality takes objectification of women to a whole new level

Should policewomen wear skimpy uniforms?

• Total voters
JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
Open mindedness and progressiveness has nothing to do with religions. Based on religions, they all have their strict moral codes imposed on the believers. It maybe that there are more Christians who are less religious than there are Muslims. That's ok.

Open-mindedness and progressiveness have to do with exposure and where one lives. If you live in an encapsulated village, whether Muslim, christian or druze, it's all the same mentality. Most conservative Christians ive spoken to relating to morality, his first sentence is "ne7na mashriqiyyeen". Lol
yeah sure, but in lebanon your average christian will be more oprn minded than your average muslim , i think we can agree on that can we ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    yeah sure, but in lebanon your average christian will be more oprn minded than your average muslim , i think we can agree on that can we ? :D
    Define Open minded

do you mean it as Open and accepting to others regardless of their differences ? (like gays, civil rights and liberties that goes against their religious views ?)
    I think both Muslims and Christians are equally closed to their own cultures and religious doctrines regardless of what they wear.

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    Define Open minded

do you mean it as Open and accepting to others regardless of their differences ? (like gays, civil rights and liberties that goes against their religious views ?)
    I think both Muslims and Christians are equally closed to their own cultures and religious doctrines regardless of what they wear.
    compared to denmark christians and muslims in Lebanon are from the stone age , christian lebanese compared to malaysian or singapore muslims are backwards ,compared to each other christian lebanese have entered the bronze age and muslim lebanese are still in the stone age ... are we really gonna discuss this ? enno 3anjad ye3ne ? serious question do you live in lebanon , and if so have you been out and about during your lifetime ?

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    compared to denmark christians and muslims in Lebanon are from the stone age , compared to each other christians have entered the bronze age and muslims are still in the stone age ... are we really gonna discuss this ? enno 3anjad ye3ne ? serious question do you live in lebanon , and if so have you been out and about during your lifetime ?
    I Live in Europe.

Open minded means open to the different others.
    It has nothing to do with your outfit.
    Do you seriously believe Christians in Lebanon are 'open minded' to different cultures, lifestyles and habits ?

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    I Live in Europe.

Do you seriously believe Christians in Lebanon are 'open minded' to different cultures, lifestyles and habits ?
    i wasnt talking about the way they dress , ok this thread is about shorts but i was talking in a general sense, when you spend some time in lebanon we can talk about this ...
    again notice i was talking about christian lebanese compared to muslim lebanese, i wasnt comparing them to Liechtensteiners.

VH Redux

VH Redux

I Live in Europe.

Halla2 sara3t rabb alla taba3na inno 7ott idak bi may berde w tlo3t 3eyish bi Europe? Eh halla2 fhemna 3lek leh reyi2, w ma 3a belak shi :lol:

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    i wasnt talking about the way they dress , ok this thread is about shorts but i was talking in a general sense, when you spend some time in lebanon we can talk about this ...
    again notice i was talking about christian lebanese compared to muslim lebanese, i wasnt comparing them to Liechtensteiners.
    Dude, I lived 26 years in Lebanon before I moved to Europe... I was raised in a Maronite family and I know what i'm talking about.
    Christians wearing skimpy clothes makes the Muslims the open minded for accepting to co-live with this lifestyle that goes against whatever their religion dictates

And not the other way around.

Chritians complain about Females wearing Hijab in their Neighborhood all the time.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Halla2 sara3t rabb alla taba3na inno 7ott idak bi may berde w tlo3t 3eyish bi Europe? Eh halla2 fhemna 3lek leh reyi2, w ma 3a belak shi :lol:
    Call it a long distance relationship.
    My heart is with you guys and Lebanon <3

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    The municipality can do whatever it wants to promote tourism and women can wear whatever they want, none of that is an issue. Mixing policing with a seemingly promotional activity however is a problem. When one sees people dressed in shorts of the same color spread around, one expects them to be distributing promotion leaflets and coupons for a local eatery or a drinking hole... Enno why not Hooters shorts fard marra why the hell not, and a skimpier top like the one the news lady was sporting. And let them police around... Maskhara.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    The municipality can do whatever it wants to promote tourism and women can wear whatever they want, none of that is an issue. Mixing policing with a seemingly promotional activity however is a problem. When one sees people dressed in shorts of the same color spread around, one expects them to be distributing promotion leaflets and coupons for a local eatery or a drinking hole... Enno why not Hooters shorts fard marra why the hell not, and a skimpier top like the one the news lady was sporting. And let them police around... Maskhara.
    I cannot believe I hit like on one of your posts, however I for once agree with you

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    Dude, I lived 26 years in Lebanon before I moved to Europe... I was raised in a Maronite family and I know what i'm talking about.
    Christians wearing skimpy clothes makes the Muslims the open minded for accepting to co-live with this lifestyle that goes against whatever their religion dictates

And not the other way around.

Chritians complain about Females wearing Hijab in their Neighborhood all the time.
    thats some ****ed up logic 'Christians wearing skimpy clothes makes the Muslims the open minded for accepting to co-live with this lifestyle that goes against whatever their religion dictates', so christian Lebanese have to thank the muslim lebanese for 'allowing' them to wear whatever they want? so being open minded means accepting scenery that your religion finds inappropriate ?... well if thats the case the Hindu society in lebanon really deserves some credit man, seeing all those steaks and barbecues and meat and not saying a word, that must be so hard for them ....

see freedom comes hand in hand with being open minded, the more free of a society you live in the more open minded it is , there is nothing special about a person not interfering with what another person chooses to wear , do or express as long as it doesn't interfere with his well being , in fact in standard 21 st century society you are expected to do that , you dont need props for doing it . of course some christians nag about the hijab , but do you see them interfere with the lives of women who wear it ?? cathlic and anglican school run by priests and nuns all over lebanon have no problem having students with hijabs, whereas most if not all islamic school mandate compulsory hijab for their female students , strike one,
    since we just finished ramadan, some examples for you my friend, during the islamic fast lots of mainly muslim areas force and i mean force restaurants to close , christian fasting ?? i dare you to bring me a single example of a restaurant being forced to close , not sell meat or alcohol during christian fasting , talking of alcohol where would have trouble buying alcohool ? isnt drinking alcohol personal freedom , ok so you tell me the shops dont sell them ? ok lets see if a shop owner displays a couple of bear bottles in his fridge how about that ... you know its easy to keep going on and on , clearly those 26 years you lived here you didn't travel around much

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    thats some ****ed up logic 'Christians wearing skimpy clothes makes the Muslims the open minded for accepting to co-live with this lifestyle that goes against whatever their religion dictates', so christian Lebanese have to thank the muslim lebanese for 'allowing' them to wear whatever they want? so being open minded means accepting scenery that your religion finds inappropriate ?... well if thats the case the Hindu society in lebanon really deserves some credit man, seeing all those steaks and barbecues and meat and not saying a word, that must be so hard for them ....

see freedom comes hand in hand with being open minded, the more free of a society you live in the more open minded it is , there is nothing special about a person not interfering with what another person chooses to wear , do or express as long as it doesn't interfere with his well being , in fact in standard 21 st century society you are expected to do that , you dont need props for doing it . of course some christians nag about the hijab , but do you see them interfere with the lives of women who wear it ?? cathlic and anglican school run by priests and nuns all over lebanon have no problem having students with hijabs, whereas most if not all islamic school mandate compulsory hijab for their female students , strike one,
    since we just finished ramadan, some examples for you my friend, during the islamic fast lots of mainly muslim areas force and i mean force restaurants to close , christian fasting ?? i dare you to bring me a single example of a restaurant being forced to close , not sell meat or alcohol during christian fasting , talking of alcohol where would have trouble buying alcohool ? isnt drinking alcohol personal freedom , ok so you tell me the shops dont sell them ? ok lets see if a shop owner displays a couple of bear bottles in his fridge how about that ... you know its easy to keep going on and on , clearly those 26 years you lived here you didn't travel around much

I think you are confusing the word 'Liberal' with 'Open minded'
    there's a fine line between the two

in my book.
    Open minded means open to others in regards to their differences.

Define Open Minded in YOUR book so I can discuss this subject with you

when it comes to liberties and being Liberal, I agree Christians are more Liberal because Christianity can be a little bit more accepting to certain social lifestyles and habits.
    when it comes to being Open to others, then both Christian and Muslims are at the same low level in my eyes.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Lek did u ever go to an auto salon? Or maybe horse related sports activities? F1? Ever watched any weather girls?
    Kel hol shramit w ahloun ma mehtammin fiyoun?

women sell, ma hada khtara3 el baroud b broumana. U might disagree the efficiency of such a move but they're not doing anything inherebtly wrong.

Calling people metkhalfin just shows how insecure you are
    7abibe this is a gov institution. Second, their parents can deal with it. Stupidity at its finest.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

The west are more resectable than us. At least they have the maturity and sense not to play with their govt institutions. Outside official duties, in their personal lives, they play and do whatever they like. With us, it is the opposite. We prostitute in our govt institutions, steal, discriminate, and break the laws. And in our personal lives, we a want to act and pretend to be Sharif Makkah.
    Cant say better. Agree 130%

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    I think you are confusing the word 'Liberal' with 'Open minded'
    there's a fine line between the two

in my book.
    Open minded means open to others in regards to their differences.

Define Open Minded in YOUR book so I can discuss this subject with you

when it comes to liberties and being Liberal, I agree Christians are more Liberal because Christianity can be a little bit more accepting to certain social lifestyles and habits.
    when it comes to being Open to others, then both Christian and Muslims are at the same low level in my eyes.
    well i think we are a bit on the wrong page , i value liberty and liberalism much more than open mindedness, a close minded person living in a liberal society wont do me any harm , where as a close minded person living in a not so liberal society can do some damage , being open or close minded is a personal choice , its an individual thought process which i have no interest or control over , one can be as open or close minded as he wants as long as he doesn't interfere with my personal life

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    To be fair though, he didn't call them prostitutes. He said that the Broumana municipality was capitalizing on their sex appeal.

Those ladies are supposedly policewomen not F1 hostesses. They aren't supposed to be dressed seductively. Their duty is to control traffic not entertain bypassers.

What next? Clown-inspired police outfits to promote Broumana as a child-friendly destination?
    U clearly didnt read the original post nor my response to it seriously enough

7abibe this is a gov institution. Second, their parents can deal with it. Stupidity at its finest.
    Habibe whenu are calling their parents ta ydobouwoun chu ya3ne??
    Indecurity at its finest

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    well i think we are a bit on the wrong page , i value liberty and liberalism much more than open mindedness, a close minded person living in a liberal society wont do me any harm , where as a close minded person living in a not so liberal society can do some damage , being open or close minded is a personal choice , its an individual thought process which i have no interest or control over , one can be as open or close minded as he wants as long as he doesn't interfere with my personal life
    (…) and as long as you don't interfere with his. (This not addressed to you personally)
    It goes both ways.

and by others I do not just mean Muslims-Christians,
    Others can mean gays, Black people, your maid, Europeans even, females, people that wear full leather and ride Harley Davidson :D etc etc

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Why not make them wear skimpier outfits and sell kazooooozzzaaaaa instead :)
    Ken ashraflon Walla :)

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

U clearly didnt read the original post nor my response to it seriously enough

Habibe whenu are calling their parents ta ydobouwoun chu ya3ne??
    Indecurity at its finest
    In security abou what??? Shorts???
    Their parents have no say and probably support such behaviour bravo.