• Hello Guest

Please bear with us! The Orange Room is being restructured.

Budget, the Economy and Social Welfare under PMA and the Government

Is Lebanon better economically under PMA with these actions

• Yes because of Oil

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Yes because of Budget passed

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Yes because of Salaries Scale

• Yes because of fighting corruption

• Yes because of international conferences

• Yes because of big projects including private sector

• Yes because of Social Security for all

• No because School Tuitions are raising

• No because because all are corrupted

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No because no jobs are created

• No because of taxes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Perhaps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PMA is ok but situation too bad and corrupted to get better

• It is the fault of Syrian Refugees

• I don’t care , I m leaving this country or already left

• Total voters

LVV

Fair enough.
But also ALL ministers vote on each ministry's decision.
You can't come and tell the justice minister not to have a say in he economy minister's plans.

I don't have the full details of why Hasbani is being tough on the FPM, but it's just funny how your people take credit when others perform, yet refuse to take responsibiity even when your guys screw up.
Hasbani is a Minister who bow to the authority of the government
Government who is according to the constitution in charge of governing the country
PMA formed with Harriri this government and he preside it when he wants
When PMA and Harriri agree the government follows

• Advertisement
  • walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Fair enough.
    But also ALL ministers vote on each ministry's decision.
    You can't come and tell the justice minister not to have a say in he economy minister's plans.

I don't have the full details of why Hasbani is being tough on the FPM, but it's just funny how your people take credit when others perform, yet refuse to take responsibiity even when your guys screw up.
    I am not complaining about the voting... I am talking about how for the first year at least, we didn’t hear anything from this minister about health and his ministry, all his press conferences were about the electricity plans...
    It’s great to see something finally happen in his area...

walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Hasbani is a Minister who bow to the authority of the government
    Government who is according to the constitution in charge of governing the country
    PMA formed with Harriri this government and he preside it when he wants
    When PMA and Harriri agree the government follows
    It is still a Good point for LF... he minister they appointed did something... and hariri and GMA are also accountable for 1- the ministers doing shit all (marwan Hmede massalan, or the anti corruption guy yalle ma sme3na 7esso) or doing a lousy job (Hassan khalil massalan, or ecology guy)... this is the normal way of things

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    I am not complaining about the voting... I am talking about how for the first year at least, we didn’t hear anything from this minister about health and his ministry, all his press conferences were about the electricity plans...
    It’s great to see something finally happen in his area...
    We spend a year helping to prevent FPM from providing electricity and lowering bills and then 2 months before elections we lower medicines prices :)

JB81

Legendary Member
    I expect the civil society to stick to its principles and find a way to work with other parties without renouncing them....or joining their corrupt practices.
    Just like I expected the same from the FPM.

They disappointed me and a great many others, which is we turned to the next best hope.
    If the latter disappoints us, they'll get the same scolding and lack of support that the FPM got.
    This is what FPM is doing now... work with other parties where it can without renouncing their corruption, though it may not be said loudly in public for the obvious reasons. If you want a law or project to pass, there is no way to be passed when a minority without support of others "corrupts", and the others will not support of you if you attack them day and night. FPM position now is like badna nekol 3enab ma badna ne2tol natour .

Not sure if you are aware that the civil society will be hit but reality check as FPM did, and at one point, they either bark alone or concede in order to advance some laws and work on projects that benefit the people.

You have FPM in this position supported by a strong president, why do you want to weaken this anti-corruption pro-state party when you know that others will be incompetent 100% ? It would be Berri's biggest favor to weaken FPM

Last edited:

LVV

It is still a Good point for LF... he minister they appointed did something... and hariri and GMA are also accountable for 1- the ministers doing shit all (marwan Hmede massalan, or the anti corruption guy yalle ma sme3na 7esso) or doing a lousy job (Hassan khalil massalan, or ecology guy)... this is the normal way of things
    Sure Hasbani is a very good Minister
    Question if Khalil MOF make a shit like the wrong in Silsele numbers can PMA and Harriri remove him
    No for different reasons
    They can pressure him and impose certain decisions to a certain extent

Aoune32!

Sure Hasbani is a very good Minister
    Question if Khalil MOF make a shit like the wrong in Silsele numbers can PMA and Harriri remove him
    No for different reasons
    They can pressure him and impose certain decisions to a certain extent
    Yooo bro
    Don't blame one minister. The whole gov makes a decision not one minister MOF or ghayro.

The Jade

Legendary Member
    This is what FPM is doing now... work with other parties where it can without renouncing their corruption, though it may not be said loudly in public for the obvious reasons. If you want a law or project to pass, there is no way to be passed when a minority without support of others "corrupts", and the others will not support of you if you attack them day and night. FPM position now is like badna nekol 3enab ma badna ne2tol natour .
    Unfortunately it hasn't done much to fight corruption.
    The Beirut municipality contracts are almost all going to the same company and many of them are inflated.
    The FPM voted on these contracts.
    The minister to fight corruption has only opened a single file.....about the Beirut Municipality.
    Are you going to tell me he couldn't find evidence of wrongdoing anywhere else?
    It's like walking in a sewage and claiming that everything looks clean there.

You don't need to attack day and night, but you need to do something....and the FPM isn't!
    The very few cases that they are vocal about are against opponents......when their allies steal, they keep their mouths shut.
    Not sure if you are aware that the civil society will be hit but reality check as FPM did, and at one point, they either bark alone or concede in order to advance some laws and work on projects that benefit the people.
    I expect them to have to work with others, without closing their eyes on corruption cases.
    And if they do, I'll be the first one to criticise them, the way I do the FPM now.
    You have FPM in this position supported by a strong president, why do you want to weaken this anti-corruption pro-state party when you know that others will be incompetent 100% ? It would be Berri's biggest favor to weaken FPM
    Because the anti-corruption is only a figment of FPMers' imagination.
    It WAS a priority for the party, but it hasn't been for a couple of years now.
    If you want to convince me that it's an anti-corruption party, show me results, show me facts, not slogans and past actions.

Let me give you a very simple example.
    During the Beirut municipality elections, the FPM could've either allied with Beirut Madinati, or could've sat on the side or even had its own list.
    I can guarantee you that either the FPM or Beirut Madinati would've gained a few seats on the municipality council without being accounted to anyone.

However, the FPM helped the corrupt stay in their place and have lost their ability to fight them since, if they do, they would be fighting themselves.
    If the FPM accuses the council of stealing, it would be accusing itself.

And that's why you need a proper opposition in a country like Lebanon. All parties cannot rule together.
    I posed in another thread how Lebanon has ranked lower in the Transparency international corruption index.....
    Basically, since 2014 or 2015, it's getting more and more corrupt.

If the FPM was indeed anti-corruption, Lebanon would've ranked higher......THESE are facts!

JB81

Legendary Member
    Unfortunately it hasn't done much to fight corruption.
    The Beirut municipality contracts are almost all going to the same company and many of them are inflated.
    The FPM voted on these contracts.
    The minister to fight corruption has only opened a single file.....about the Beirut Municipality.
    Are you going to tell me he couldn't find evidence of wrongdoing anywhere else?
    It's like walking in a sewage and claiming that everything looks clean there.

You don't need to attack day and night, but you need to do something....and the FPM isn't!
    The very few cases that they are vocal about are against opponents......when their allies steal, they keep their mouths shut.

I expect them to have to work with others, without closing their eyes on corruption cases.
    And if they do, I'll be the first one to criticise them, the way I do the FPM now.

Because the anti-corruption is only a figment of FPMers' imagination.
    It WAS a priority for the party, but it hasn't been for a couple of years now.
    If you want to convince me that it's an anti-corruption party, show me results, show me facts, not slogans and past actions.

Let me give you a very simple example.
    During the Beirut municipality elections, the FPM could've either allied with Beirut Madinati, or could've sat on the side or even had its own list.
    I can guarantee you that either the FPM or Beirut Madinati would've gained a few seats on the municipality council without being accounted to anyone.

However, the FPM helped the corrupt stay in their place and have lost their ability to fight them since, if they do, they would be fighting themselves.
    If the FPM accuses the council of stealing, it would be accusing itself.

And that's why you need a proper opposition in a country like Lebanon. All parties cannot rule together.
    I posed in another thread how Lebanon has ranked lower in the Transparency international corruption index.....
    Basically, since 2014 or 2015, it's getting more and more corrupt.

If the FPM was indeed anti-corruption, Lebanon would've ranked higher......THESE are facts!
    Fighting corruption comes in different ways. The country didn't have a budget, how are you going to expect the rest. However, a first step towards organizing the monetary is having annual budget of revenue and expenditure. Soon, we'll have 2018 budget, and after the elections, the new Parliament will be free to work on 2019 budget, as last year, the Parliament was occupied by 2017 budget instead of 2018. So, here we are establishing a blueprint of money expenditure, and talks about reduction of 20% in ministries budget. I see this is an achievement in a country like Lebanon and first step to see where the money is going.

About FPM in the municipality, you are wrong. The Minister of state to fight corruption have raised a book to the Judge ordering the Municipality to explain the deal on the Salim Slam bridge where it is expected to spent $10,000 per m2. You keep saying FPM allies, FPM doesn't have allies, it is working in thin line with all political parties in order to achieve and accomplished some progress in the state. And this is what will the civil society do in case they want something to be achieved. They can't attack Hariri then ask him for support of some issues. That would be stupid to think of.

FPM being part of a broader coalition in the municipality is mainly driven by the idea that some parts of Beirut is being neglected by the Municipality, and by being in the council, the hope is to bring couple projects and services to Ashrafiyeh and Greater Beirut area. Nothing wrong with that. People wants to be served and if you don't serve them they go to others.

And this will be the obstacle for civil society. If people find them useless, no achievements no services, they will be ditch to garbage history. So, the civil society will be facing what FPM was; either oppose alone and you stay alone than people gets sick of your barking and empty promises, or lower the tone, get into the system and fix what you can fix from within, and provide services to the people. What I mean by services here, it is bringing projects like infrastructure to the people. Who would think that Mount Lebanon Keserwen, Jbeil Maten and Batroun would have new nice roads without FPM bringing these projects to the region? Yes, all these projects are pushed by FPM and it is because FPM have entrenched in the system. What needed is more entrenchment to bring more projects to the people. And being entrenched in the system, I mean having political power to achieve things, and in FPM case without being themselves corrupt.

In the current Constitution, Lebanon cannot have a proper opposition as you may see in liberal democracies. In this sectarian Constitution, if the Shiites want a corrupt to represent them, you cannot surpass him or else you are breaking the Constitution by alienating a major sect.
    Your choice is to stay outside the governing system and leave all the state under the corrupt Shiite per say, or get your share from the governance and fight were it is needed, and work with them when it fits the country.

Last edited:

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Fighting corruption comes in different ways. The country didn't have a budget, how are you going to expect the rest. However, a first step towards organizing the monetary is having annual budget of revenue and expenditure. Soon, we'll have 2018 budget, and after the elections, the new Parliament will be free to work on 2019 budget, as last year, the Parliament was occupied by 2017 budget instead of 2018. So, here we are establishing a blueprint of money expenditure, and talks about reduction of 20% in ministries budget. I see this is an achievement in a country like Lebanon and first step to see where the money is going.
    I didn't know you needed a budget to know that there are corrupt politicians and acts in this country.....
    Are you saying that because there was no budget, we couldn't catch the thieves???

Having a budget is indeed a very good step, no one can deny that.
    But you can have a budget AND fight corruption at the same time.

The minister of state against corruption has been in his position for more than a year and only opened a single file!!!
    About FPM in the municipality, you are wrong. The Minister of state to fight corruption have raised a book to the Judge ordering the Municipality to explain the deal on the Salim Slam bridge where it is expected to spent $10,000 per m2. You keep saying FPM allies, FPM doesn't have allies, it is working in thin line with all political parties in order to achieve and accomplished some progress in the state. And this is what will the civil society do in case they want something to be achieved. They can't attack Hariri then ask him for support of some issues. That would be stupid to think of.
    As I said in the post you quoted: "The minister to fight corruption has only opened a single file.....about the Beirut Municipality."
    So, not sure why I'm wrong.
    Anyway, the minister of state flagged a corruption case that the FPM had signed on!!
    You do realise that the contract for the Salim Salam bridge was awarded by the Beirut Municipality and was agreed upon by the FPM.
    Tell me now, if the judge finds that there was corruption....what would the FPM's position be?
    Are their representatives in the council corrupt or not?

As for FPM's allies, you need to get your head out of the sand and accept the reality: The FPM is allied with Hariri and others in different places.
    If it wasn't allied with Hariri, why were they on the same list during the municipal elections?
    Why will they be on the same lists in the upcoming parliamentary elections?

Don't tell me it's an electoral alliance because an electoral alliance entails to be allied ONLY during elections.
    After that, you part ways.
    But when you are part of the same council, when you coordinate electoral and political efforts, you're allies.

If not, please do explain to how an alliance works and how the FPM doesn't fit that bill!!!

FPM being part of a broader coalition in the municipality is mainly driven by the idea that some parts of Beirut is being neglected by the Municipality, and by being in the council, the hope is to bring couple projects and services to Ashrafiyeh and Greater Beirut area. Nothing wrong with that. People wants to be served and if you don't serve them they go to others.
    The FPM could've been part of another coalition that did not include thieves.
    Yet, it decided to go with the thieves.
    IT allied with the thieves, it allowed them to get their seats.
    And it's allowing the thieves to give contracts to their friends.
    Wlak, ma fi ella Jihad el Arab bi Beirut????
    There is no other construction company???
    Open your eyes man!!

And this will be the obstacle for civil society. If people find them useless, no achievements no services, they will be ditch to garbage history. So, the civil society will be facing what FPM was; either oppose alone and you stay alone than people gets sick of your barking and empty promises, or lower the tone, get into the system and fix what you can fix from within, and provide services to the people. What I mean by services here, it is bringing projects like infrastructure to the people. Who would think that Mount Lebanon Keserwen, Jbeil Maten and Batroun would have new nice roads without FPM bringing these projects to the region? Yes, all these projects are pushed by FPM and it is because FPM have entrenched in the system. What needed is more entrenchment to bring more projects to the people. And being entrenched in the system, I mean having political power to achieve things, and in FPM case without being themselves corrupt.
    The FPM did better in the 2009 elections than in the 2005 despite almost no achievements.
    You know why?
    Because they were fighting the right fight, because people believed in their message and understood that it will take time.
    Since then, the FPM started losing ground. Whether you like it or not, the FPM lost a lot of elections since then and a lot of support.
    The number of its members has dwindled, the number of student/municipal/union elections they lost has increased.
    Had the FPM stuck to its principle and to its message, it would've gotten an even larger PURE FPM parliamentary group.
    It would've easily passed the FPM.
    Civil Society groups would've have been created or they wouldn't have increased in numbers.
    But the FPM decided to let go of all this for an easy win.....and now it's holding hands with the devil.
    And you want to convince us that they are different.
    If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck....it's a duck!
    In the current Constitution, Lebanon cannot have a proper opposition as you may see in liberal democracies. In this sectarian Constitution, if the Shiites want a corrupt to represent them, you cannot surpass him or else you are breaking the Constitution and alienating a major sect.
    Your choice is to stay outside the governing system and leave all the state under the corrupt Shiite per say, or get your share from the governance and fight were it is needed, and work with them when it fits the country.
    That's the excuse given by the FPM to justify its latest ill conceived alliances.

Shall I remind you that in 2005, its opponents did exactly that: They alienated the biggest christian representative, despite what the constitution says.
    The FPM responded by staying in the opposition.
    Do you realise how much more respect the FPM got?
    In numbers: It got a larger parliamentary block....and that's a fact!

You can even be in the government while not bowing to everyone else's will
    At the beginning, that's what the FPM did. They had their own ministers, but they wouldn't allow shenanigans to pass.
    Then Aoun let go of the likes of Charbel Nahas, probably one of the best and most qualified ministers in recent Lebanese history, just so he can appease Hariri for the hopes of becoming president....and things kept on going downhill.

Fight against corruption was sacrified for seats.....shame....

JB81

Legendary Member
    I didn't know you needed a budget to know that there are corrupt politicians and acts in this country.....
    Are you saying that because there was no budget, we couldn't catch the thieves???

The minister of state against corruption has been in his position for more than a year and only opened a single file!!!

As I said in the post you quoted: "The minister to fight corruption has only opened a single file.....about the Beirut Municipality."
    Anyway, the minister of state flagged a corruption case that the FPM had signed on!!
    You do realise that the contract for the Salim Salam bridge was awarded by the Beirut Municipality and was agreed upon by the FPM.
    Tell me now, if the judge finds that there was corruption....what would the FPM's position be?

As for FPM's allies, you need to get your head out of the sand and accept the reality: The FPM is allied with Hariri and others in different places.
    If it wasn't allied with Hariri, why were they on the same list during the municipal elections?

Don't tell me it's an electoral alliance because an electoral alliance entails to be allied ONLY during elections.
    But when you are part of the same council, when you coordinate electoral and political efforts, you're allies.

If not, please do explain to how an alliance works and how the FPM doesn't fit that bill!!!

Open your eyes man!!

The FPM did better in the 2009 elections than in the 2005 despite almost no achievements.
    You know why?
    Because they were fighting the right fight, because people believed in their message and understood that it will take time.
    Since then, the FPM started losing ground. Whether you like it or not, the FPM lost a lot of elections since then and a lot of support.
    The number of its members has dwindled, the number of student/municipal/union elections they lost has increased.
    Had the FPM stuck to its principle and to its message, it would've gotten an even larger PURE FPM parliamentary group.
    Civil Society groups would've have been created or they wouldn't have increased in numbers.
    But the FPM decided to let go of all this for an easy win.....and now it's holding hands with the devil.
    If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck....it's a duck!

That's the excuse given by the FPM to justify its latest ill conceived alliances.

Shall I remind you that in 2005, its opponents did exactly that: They alienated the biggest christian representative, despite what the constitution says.

At the beginning, that's what the FPM did. They had their own ministers, but they wouldn't allow shenanigans to pass.
    Then Aoun let go of the likes of Charbel Nahas, probably one of the best and most qualified ministers in recent Lebanese history, just so he can appease Hariri for the hopes of becoming president....and things kept on going downhill.

وضع الميزانية بحد ذاتها فيها تقلص الكثير من الهدر الإداري عندما الوزير ولجنة المال بيشتغلو على تحجيم النفقات الممكن إستغناء عنها في الوزارة على سبيل المثال. مع الميزانية، بصير في إنتظام للمال العام ورؤية أفضل وين المال عن ينصرف. هل الهدر رح يروح كله بأول ميزانية، أكيد لا،
    بس إذا في شخص مثل النائب ابراهيم كنعان على رأس لجنة المال والموازنة وإرادة فعلية من الوزراء، فينا نشوف تقليص الهدر تدريجياً، وهيدا لي صار بميزانية الحالية. هيدا جزء من محاربة الفساد، أما الجزء الآخر هو محاسبة المفسدين، وهيدا الجزء الأصعب لأن بعض الفاسدين أكبر من الدولة وما بينطالو إلا إذا فكرك حرب أهلية، لأن كل فاسد عندو شعبية بمئات الآف حاضرين ليخربو البلد ، والمشهد ما صرلو زمان كتير. هون في واقع مرير، وبتعامل معه بطريقة الكسر والجبر.
    أما بما يخص ما يسما المجتمع المدني، لي ما بفرجونا شطارتهم بالجنوب أو عكار؟ ليش بس التركيز عالمناطق ما يسمى بالمسيحية وتاخدو نواب من زات الصحن لي في نواب نظيفة؟
    بشو بتكونو إستفدتو إذا ضعفتو رئيس الجمهورية عبر ضرب كتلته النيابية فقط ،والمفسدين الحقيقيين عم يسرحو ويمدحو من دون منافس؟ لمصلحة مين كسر رئيس الجمهورية؟

LVV

Open your eyes man!!

You know why?

Bla bla bla lies as usual
    Habib 300 millions dollars more in customs is fighting corruption
    100 millions dollars more in airport
    Plus casino du Liban
    Get serious

LVV

Minister of Energy
    Private contractor in the north gained 130 millions dollars
    In the south and Dahia it went broke
    Different mentality
    Some want a state other not

JB81

Legendary Member
    موضحاً أنه "لم يستطع حتى الساعة فهم تلك المعادلة الغريبة العجيبة".

Because you made it up and you can't explain it. But your followers and some Lebanese will believe you regardless, even if you don't make sense.

Bass 3anjad 7akim. Comes up with theories that he himself don't understand.

LVV

700 millions dollars reduced in deficits
    A great idea to solve the debt is QE
    Central Bank will change debts with loan from central bank with1 二ˉPercent interest
    We are going to print 6 billions dollars in money
    With the hope inflation remains low