Burj Hammoud Municipality Issues Official Documents in Armenian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Bourj Hammoud is not 20k. It is more. I think Bourj is like 100K. It is one of the biggest cities with population density in the ME.
Yes you are right I was recalling the number from my memory out of a report I read a while ago where I read the number 100k but was not sure if it was only BH or also included Dawra so I posted Meten. Thanks for making the point clear.

• Advertisement
  • Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Armenians are indigenous Lebanese. There is no such thing as Lebanese occupying fellow Lebanese.

In fact some of the Shia from Bourj Hammoud have returned in recent years. I don’t know a single Armenian complaining about them. The complaints are usually about Kurds who as we have seen have actually clashed with Bourj Hammoud’s natives.
    Can you explain how did the Armenians become indigenous Lebanese?
    1_What is the definition of indigenous in your dictionary?
    2_ Are you suggesting that the native language of Lebanon was Armenian?

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    As for the Shia in Nabaa/Bourj Hammoud not having representation who cares? They are represented by their Christian MPs. Why the Shia in this area should get an MP and the Christians of Ain Ebel and Rmeish and all around Bint Jbeil don’t get one? The only solution is having 300 mps and we don’t need to pay more useless people.
    The solution is to rework the parliamentary confessional quotas based on the actual confessional composition of the country. This would give Christians one third of Parliament seats.
    Alternatively, abolishing the confessional system peacefully is an option. This of course if you don't want some radical change which is very likely to be settled by the victory of Muslims and the return of Armenians to Armenia.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

No the language was not Armenian. The Armenian presence is from the genocide. They have been here ever since.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

The solution is to rework the parliamentary confessional quotas based on the actual confessional composition of the country. This would give Christians one third of Parliament seats.
    Alternatively, abolishing the confessional system peacefully is an option. This of course if you don't want some radical change which is very likely to be settled by the victory of Muslims and the return of Armenians to Armenia.
    The country will stay 50/50 or it should go to a 15 district election law with no quota after a senate and admin decentralization is formed.

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    No the language was not Armenian. The Armenian presence is from the genoice. They have been here ever since.
    Correct, then they can not be considered indigenous as @Saj suggested.
    Pay attention to the fact that I am not against using Armenian as a language or against their presence. I am opposing the use of the language on official documents by disregarding and disrespecting the democratic institutions of the country. The recognition of Armenian as one of the official languages of Lebanon can not be made by the municipality.
    Armenians are not the only foreign speaking Lebanese in Lebanon, we also have Kurds. The latter have no representation whatsoever in the Lebanese Parliament because they are Muslim.

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The country will stay 50/50 or it should go to a 15 district election law with no quota after a senate and admin decentralization is formed.
    The system should be reworked by the application of article 95 of the Lebanese Constitution, which includes the Parliament and a Senate, where the Parliament must be civic and the Senate may remain confessional.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Correct, then they can not be considered indigenous as @Saj suggested.
    Pay attention to the fact that I am not against using Armenian as a language or against their presence. I am opposing the use of the language on official documents by disregarding and disrespecting the democratic institutions of the country. The recognition of Armenian as one of the official languages of Lebanon can not be made by the municipality.
    Armenians are not the only foreign speaking Lebanese in Lebanon, we also have Kurds. The latter have no representation whatsoever in the Lebanese Parliament because they are Muslim.
    The system should be reworked by the application of article 95 of the Lebanese Constitution, which includes the Parliament and a Senate, where the Parliament must be civic and the Senate may remain confessional.
    The armenians were there at the creation of the lebanese state it means they are as lebanese as anybody from baalback or marje3youn or Tripoli or tyr...

They are as “un-indigenous” as anyone from those parts of lebanon. Are you going to question their identity too?

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The armenians were there at the creation of the lebanese state it means they are as lebanese as anybody from baalback or marje3youn or Tripoli or tyr...

They are as “un-indigenous” as anyone from those parts of lebanon. Are you going to question their identity too?
    The apparent unscientific bias in your answer, makes me only see this post as emotional and not objective.
    I think that you guys are taking this issue in a very personal and sectarian way which is something I do not understand, Excuse me I am not very familiar with the sectarian antagonism of the Lebanese.

The word indigenous clearly refers to the natives of a land. In Canada for example we are all a society of immigrants and the only indigenous people are the First Nations of Canada. European settlers who arrived five generations ago are not indigenous and even after 200 years from today, they will remain settlers and the First Nations are the indigenous.

The identity of the Armenians is Armenian. They came as refugees to Lebanon from Armenia in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century is not an opinion, and also it is not an argument. It is a historical fact. The Shi'a on the other hand are the indigenous people of Lebanon is also a fact. This is not an opinion. You may not like this fact, but your dislike does not change it, my friend.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    And people claim I'm "islamophobic."

One by one, you all show your true colors.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    ET go home.
    I am home. I am here to stay. And I will make sure Christians in Lebanon keep their 50% share of power even if they are 5% of the population.

Go cry a river of crocodile tears.

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Since when asking for rights and to be treated equally is a racist thing?
    You seem to not pay attention that the racist bigot has a seat in Parliament so she is not asking for rights. She has all the rights. Those who do not have a seat in Parliament are the Shi'a. She is denying the Shi'a of Burj Hammoud the right of representation in the Lebanese Parliament. She is continuously making racist remarks against anyone who is not Christian. She accuses all those who call for a civic state of being Islamist. She is a radical Christian and dangerous and this radicalism is what she is projecting in here. This is not my opinion. There is a consensus on the Forum about this racist Christian bigot.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    No one said you are "Islamophobic" you are a racist bigot, a radical christian, where your true colors are clear in your avatar.

You need to learn how to live with people who are diverse and not only Christian. The world is not the Church.

I am not a Muslim so I do not care about your efforts to milk Islam out of me or to shape me as one.
    Racist bigot this is for certain,
    When people who think like you insult me, I take it as a compliment.

Yes, I am a proud Christian. I am proud of our wonderful Christ, and the light He represents in this dark world.

I am also a proud Armenian: one of the oldest civilizations, persecuted countless times by people like you and a thousand times worst. Yet, here we still are, thriving, while you're still wasting your time spewing hate and blaming others for your failures.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    No one said you are "Islamophobic" you are a racist bigot, a radical christian, where your true colors are clear in your avatar.

You need to learn how to live with people who are diverse and not only Christian. The world is not the Church.

I am not a Muslim so I do not care about your efforts to milk Islam out of me or to shape me as one.
    Since when having picture of the Holy Family as avatar is a sign of racism and bigotry.

Can't she believe and express her beliefs? What happened to freedoms of expression and speech?

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm throwing an Armenian party in Bourj Hammoud. Ya'll are invited. Basterma Mano will provide the catering. Bring your dancing shoes. Bigot badges will be provided free of charge.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    If this is all what we can have against the Lebanese Armenians, than God bless them.

Lawless state w de2et bi3aynon a paper in Armenian language addressing an Armenian population.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Beware @Mighty Goat , Armenians are starting to colonize Canada :eek:

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Mighty Goat,
    You want the shia to have an MP in Metn due to them being 5000/150000 in Bourj Hammoud.
    What do you say about 15% of christians in Bent Jbeil? 3 shia MPs no christians.
    10% of Nabatiyeh? 4 shia MPs.
    There are christians in muslim majority areas with no representation more than the opposite.

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Mighty Goat,
    You want the shia to have an MP in Metn due to them being 5000/150000 in Bourj Hammoud.
    What do you say about 15% of christians in Bent Jbeil? 3 shia MPs no christians.
    10% of Nabatiyeh? 4 shia MPs.
    There are christians in muslim majority areas with no representation more than the opposite.
    This is why article 95 of the Constitution should be applied. The case of Burj Hammoud is special, because another ethnic group is represented in Parliament and this ethnic group i.e Armenians does not work for the public good of not only the Shi'a but also the Kurds. The condition is rather racial exclusion and not sectarian.
    Racism is what carachterizes the Armenian relations with non Armenian population of Burj Hammoud.
    The non Armenian population of Burj Hammoud are totally excluded from benefits and spending.
    This is not the case whitin areas that are Lebanese. Lebanese MP's do not distinguish between Muslim and Christian. Armenians do discriminate against non Armenian constituents in Burj Hammoud.

Status
    Not open for further replies.