Hi ,
Can you recommend a place to buy luggage/travel bag trolleys with good prices?
And what brands do you recommend? I don't need luxurious luggage , maybe budget luggage brands, but not chinese unbranded ones.

And any thoughts about the lebanese brand "Super Bag SB"?? it is quite cheap .

fidelio

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hi ,
Can you recommend a place to buy luggage/travel bag trolleys with good prices?
And what brands do you recommend? I don't need luxurious luggage , maybe budget luggage brands, but not chinese unbranded ones.

And any thoughts about the lebanese brand "Super Bag SB"?? it is quite cheap .

Hello! I'm not sure we are allowed to advertise any brand or shop here but as a rule of thumb as far as luggage is concerned, buy a good tried and tested brand, even if they cost more but quality/price ratio is always to your advantage there. They will last longer, definitely lighter and parts are usually available. There's good designs and nice colors too.

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
Hello! I'm not sure we are allowed to advertise any brand or shop here but as a rule of thumb as far as luggage is concerned, buy a good tried and tested brand, even if they cost more but quality/price ratio is always to your advantage there. They will last longer, definitely lighter and parts are usually available. There's good designs and nice colors too.
Mention l brand li baddak yeha. w Take commission if he bought from it kamen

Danny Z

Legendary Member
Get a backpack, they weigh nothing, they can hold more volume than any other bag and sometimes you can slip them in the cabin as well without having to pay for them, you can put them on your back and walk with them they are more comfortable on the back than dragging something with wheels. 70L is more than enough. Some backpack even have wheels like the osprey like this one Osprey Meridian Wheeled Convertible Luggage - 22 but that adds weight, I would go with a backpack that has a smaller daypack that attaches with it, so you keep the daypack with you and leave the other in the luggage or at your hotel. like this one OSPREY Farpoint 70 Travel Pack

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Get a backpack, they weigh nothing, they can hold more volume than any other bag and sometimes you can slip them in the cabin as well without having to pay for them, you can put them on your back and walk with them they are more comfortable on the back than dragging something with wheels. 70L is more than enough. Some backpack even have wheels like the osprey like this one Osprey Meridian Wheeled Convertible Luggage - 22 but that adds weight, I would go with a backpack that has a smaller daypack that attaches with it, so you keep the daypack with you and leave the other in the luggage or at your hotel. like this one OSPREY Farpoint 70 Travel Pack

Not everyone can carry that huge of a bag without injuring themselves :p

Danny Z

Legendary Member
Not everyone can carry that huge of a bag without injuring themselves :p

Good brand backpacks are well made for distributing your luggage to avoid injury, or you can still get get the wheeled convertible backpack

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Good brand backpacks are well made for distributing your luggage to avoid injury, or you can still get get the wheeled convertible backpack

True...but still...a bag that big is almost half my weight :lol:

Maybe the OP is a guy though...or a taller more muscular woman. Your options look nice for backpacks. Not like those sloppy looking ones.

Danny Z

Legendary Member
True...but still...a bag that big is almost half my weight :lol:

Maybe the OP is a guy though...or a taller more muscular woman. Your options look nice for backpacks. Not like those sloppy looking ones.

The advantage is that it doesn't weigh anything empty so you can pack more without paying more, and it is still less than a solid suitcase that weight 5 kilos empty. Plus it hurts the shoulder and the wrist to drag suitcases like these for a long time.
C101974.jpg

With a bacpack with wheels you have the option to carry it it on your pack or drag it. I prefer no wheels because i can even save more weight and sometimes take it on board with me

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The advantage is that it doesn't weigh anything empty so you can pack more without paying more, and it is still less than a solid suitcase that weight 5 kilos empty. Plus it hurts the shoulder and the wrist to drag suitcases like these for a long time.
C101974.jpg

With a bacpack with wheels you have the option to carry it it on your pack or drag it. I prefer no wheels because i can even save more weight and sometimes take it on board with me

Yes...in the end it's an individual preference...for someone like you, the advantages of the backpack outweigh the disadvantages...for someone my size, a 4-wheel suitcase is easier to pull than carrying a lot of weight on my back.

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I highly recommend 'Delsey'
very heavy duty and not very expensive
I've been using a Delsey carry on for over 5 years now, still like new

fidelio

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I found delsey and american tourister luggages at akil bros.
Is it possible they re the original ones or some fake clones ??

There's a retailer in Hazmieh/Jisr el Basha, two or three stores that sell luggage exclusively. You can be quite certain they sell original items.
International airports are your best bet though, some have real discounts and offers.

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
There's a retailer in Hazmieh/Jisr el Basha, two or three stores that sell luggage exclusively. You can be quite certain they sell original items.
International airports are your best bet though, some have real discounts and offers.
At rafiq hariri international airport, we sell original bzourat and marlboro

Last edited:

Danny Z

Legendary Member
Can you buy stuff online in Lebanon, amazon etc and get them shipped? or there are still no addresses?

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Can you buy stuff online in Lebanon, amazon etc and get them shipped? or there are still no addresses?

Of course you can. And if Amazon doesn't ship a certain product to Lebanon you can sign up for the Aramex Shop and Ship service. They provide you with a P.O. Box in the USA and forward your packages to Lebanon.