Informational C&R Bloc Portfolio: Ministry of Energy & Water (2009-20..)

If you had a company, you would be looking to reduce cost, make profit and give the consumers the best possible experience.
Reduce cost = pay less per megawatt-> currently boats deliver a 5cts per megawatt savings ca EDL
Make more profits = remove subsidies or price up: people would pay you more for electricity
Delight the consumer = 24/7 electricity and paying less per month, the latter being the result of not having to pay for private generators (double what they pay to you)

Fa world bank or whatever, we should be doing everything we can to get megawatts in pronto.

As for the macroeconomic aspect, the government pays over 1.5bn$ a year in subsidies for EDL, this adds to the budget deficit, I.e we spend more than what we earn. If it were my company I would fire everybody on the board... out debt is nearing 80bn$ And debt to GDP ratio is about 150%, meaning everything we produce and sell in our economy is not sufficient to cover our debt and interest, Ya3ne we are sinking deeper each year. If we don’t stop this, we will inevitably go bankrupt at one point
Thank you for taking the time to explain. Didnt mean THAT rusty though :p
Was asking specifically if it was from IMF or World Bank... (the two are not the same). And if from neither, from where the external source of the pressure. It is a very targeted query.

I understand electricity is subsidized and the subsidies can be removed. It is kind of baffling the subsidy hasn't been lifted already, while taxes on lots of other things rose.

• Advertisement
  • walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Thank you for taking the time to explain. Didnt mean THAT rusty though :p
    Was asking specifically if it was from IMF or World Bank... (the two are not the same). And if from neither, from where the external source of the pressure. It is a very targeted query.

I understand electricity is subsidized and the subsidies can be removed. It is kind of baffling the subsidy hasn't been lifted already, while taxes on lots of other things rose.
    Sorry...
    you can’t temove subsidies without stopping the generators I.e giving 24/7 power, otherwise it’s a net price increase on consumers...

As for external pressure I don’t know... perhaps someone more politically connected can answer

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    الوزير سيزار أبي خليل عبر تويتر: لم يعد البلد واقتصاده يحتملان مراهقتكم...روحوا تعلّموا القانون والعمل الوزاري واعملوا شي انجاز في وزاراتكم...كفى متاجرة بمصالح المواطنين...

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    الوزير سيزار أبي خليل عبر تويتر: لم يعد البلد واقتصاده يحتملان مراهقتكم...روحوا تعلّموا القانون والعمل الوزاري واعملوا شي انجاز في وزاراتكم...كفى متاجرة بمصالح المواطنين...
    ou3a khayak...​
    جبور ردا على أبي خليل:إذا قصدت القوات بكلامك فأنت الجاهل والفاشل والتاجر
    الأحد 18 آذار 2018 18:53سياسة

لفت رئيس جهاز الإعلام والتواصل في حزب "القوات اللبنانية" شارل جبور، في تعليق عبر مواقع التواصل الإجتماعي، إلى أنّ "وزير الطاقة والمياه سيزار أبي خليل، اشار إلى أنّه "لم يعد البلد واقتصاده يحتملان مراهقتكم. روحوا تعلّموا القانون والعمل الوزاري واعملوا شي إنجاز في وزاراتكم. كفى متاجرة بمصالح المواطنين"".
    وشدّد جبور، على أنّه "إذا كنت تقصد "القوات اللبنانية"، نقول لك أنت المراهق، وأنت الجاهل بالقانون، وأنت الفاشل في وزارتك، وأنت التاجر".
    وكان أبي خليل قد ركّز في تعليق عبر مواقع التواصل الإجتماعي، على أنّ "البلد و اقتصاده لم يعودا يحتملان مراهقتكم. روحوا تعلّموا القانون والعمل الوزاري واعملوا شي إنجاز في وزاراتكم. كفى متاجرة بمصالح المواطنين".

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    الرئيس عون مصمّم على بت خطة البواخر في جلسة الحكومة غداً
    أخبار محليّة - الثلاثاء 20 آذار 2018 - 06:53 -
    ينعقد مجلس الوزراء في قصر بعبدا غداً، في جلسة وُصفت بالمصيرية للحكومة، خصوصاً في ظل التوجّه الى طرح صفقة بواخر الكهرباء على التصويت في مجلس الوزراء، في خطوة هي الاولى من نوعها بشأن ملف بهذا المستوى الكبير من الخلاف السياسي حوله.
    وكشفت مصادر وزارية انّ سبب تأجيل الجلسة من اليوم الى الغد هو إصرار رئيس الجمهورية العماد ميشال عون على طرح خطة البواخر من خارج جدول الاعمال وإحالتها الى التصويت. فيما يصرّ رئيس الحكومة سعد الحريري على التريّث وعدم الذهاب الى هذه الخطوة المرّة.

وعلمت «الجمهورية» انّ عون مصمّم على بَت خطة البواخر في جلسة الغد، ولن يسمح بتأجيلها يوماً بعد.
    وقالت مصادر وزارية معارضة لهذه الخطة لـ«الجمهورية»: «انّ وزراء «حزب الله» و«أمل» و«المردة» و«القوات» و«الاشتراكي» و«القومي السوري» سيعارضون الخطة بشدة»، لكنها تخوّفت «من أن تمرّ الخطة اذا ما أحالها عون على التصويت، خصوصاً انها بند عادي يحتاج الى النصف زائداً واحداً والثلث المعطّل لا ينفع معها».
    وعلمت «الجمهورية» انّ الحريري صارَحَ بعض من تواصَل معه في هذا الشأن بأنه لا يريد تدهور الامور داخل حكومته، وانه سيعمل جاهداً لتجنّب التصويت.
    "الجمهورية"

JB81

Legendary Member
    Boats are done, toast, kaput. No one wants them, except FPM.

Build the goddamn power-generating plants already. Promises have been for 10 years already, FPM.
    FM wants them too because they are beneficial. The others don't want them because they generate 24/24 electricity to the people with cheaper cost and Bill, and this might help FPM in elections.

As for power-genetatinh plants, the same one who is not allowing the boats, is not financing the plants projects.

W 2nta le7e2 safe2 the one who is trying to find a short and a long term solution.

FM wants them too because they are beneficial. The others don't want them because they generate 24/24 electricity to the people with cheaper cost and Bill, and this might help FPM in elections.

As for power-genetatinh plants, the same one who is not allowing the boats, is not financing the plants projects.

W 2nta le7e2 safe2 the one who is trying to find a short and a long term solution.
    People have been waiting 30+ years for electricity. If it takes 2-3 years to build a plant, then I don't think anyone is going to complain, knowing that electricity is eventually coming. The problem stems from the fact that FPM has been promising electricity for 10+ years now, and practically nothing has been done.

I don't want to hear about excuses.