• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Can HA really take Galilee or Jerusalem in the next war ?

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
They could not take bab amro without airplanes
Let I s OTV Be fools
Myab ethey can send osme suicides to take few towns and villages , but th6e will b ekilled eventually

As For holding out those towns it’s a fantasy
You know what kind o bombs Israel and Usa will drop on southern and Lebanese towns in retaliation.

Remember Yemen at the beginning of war, when Usa dropped this blue like bomb and wiped a while district
These radio tge type so don’t bombs they will be reigning an dthe west will b EKO with it, cause Israel will Ben crying that kids and women are being murdrrddd by terrorists abd muslims and it’s nazism all over again

Basically it’s a dream for Israel, the6 will hav dthe best excuse to wipe Hezeb abd their sympathetic towns once and for all
Even at the cost of few hundred Israelis civilians

• Advertisement
  • My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What I said was not political rhetoric, it was a sovereignty comment. You asked the Generals to comment :) if you want to me to continue in the spirit of your gaming exercise, I am saying generals act based on decision of the state who represents its people through its democratic institutions.
    So back to the topic: SHN claims he has ready plans on the operations table for invading Galilee and reclaiming Jerusalem, hopefully to give it back to the Palestinians so they might resume their promised return. A good idea, you must admit. And the question is:
    Is HA able to do that? Or is it only talk to drive you mad?

revolution425

revolution425

In his last interview with the Mayadeen SHN gave an overview of what might be the case in of next war with Israel.
    He alluded that hundreds of thousands of fighters will be involved, no doubt he meant in addition to HA, there will be Irakian PMU, probably Syrian, Iranian, and Yemenies volunteers too.
    His interview gives the viewer the impression that many surprises are lurking and that the target of the war might not be only occupying Galilee as said in the previous years but the liberation of Jerusalem !!!

I would like to call upon the generals of this forum, veterans of the Syrian war, the master strategists and tacticians to analyse these claims and give their opinions about what is true and what might be psychological warfare.

Please keep the discussion technical and away from the usual political rhetoric

نصر الله للميادين: قرار ترامب يعني نهاية إسرائيل ويجب دعم المقاومة بالسلاح

On this forum, that's impossible

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Am I defeatist? Not the least. I admire SHN for his bold position, his courage and his stamina, but I think he's too smart to know that taking back Jerusalem under the prevailing world order conditions, with only the support of hundreds of thousands of iraqis, afghanis and yemenis, qualifies as more than a day dream.
    Just a thought: Jerusalem is not his to "take back."

Seriously...Lebanese Shia have nothing to do with Jerusalem. They should stick to defending Lebanese borders and improving Lebanon, which includes finding a diplomatic solution for the settlement of Palestinian refugees outside Lebanon.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    khayeh Zouzou
    did you read that the discussion in this thread should be technical away from the political rhetoric...???
    Here is a secret I would like to share with you, when I wrote this sentence I had you in mind :D
    Sorry @JustLeb

Guess I didn't follow the thread rules either, so here it goes...

There is no way that anyone is occupying, or "taking back" any part of Israel. When I saw the thread title I thought it was some kind of joke thread. I'm surprised these statements are coming from Nasrallah.

Arabs and Muslims need to get real and get their priorities in order.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Sorry @JustLeb

There is no way that anyone is occupying, or "taking back" any part of Israel. When I saw the thread title I thought it was some kind of joke thread. I'm surprised these statements are coming from Nasrallah.

Indie you honestly should watch the whole interview if this surprised you...

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Feel honored @joseph_lubnan. Your forum existence has become so influential that only the thought of you is now able to alter the course of thread topics, thus future events, weather forecasts and perhaps one or two ants destinies. :eek:
    I am but a butterfly flapping its wings :)

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What I said was not political rhetoric, it was a sovereignty comment. You asked the Generals to comment :) if you want to me to continue in the spirit of your gaming exercise, I am saying generals act based on decision of the state who represents its people through its democratic institutions.
    Suppose for a moment that the legitimacy issue that you are evoking is solved by some magical mean.
    How do you envision that HA can do such a draconian task ?
    Do you have any idea ? ;)
    Give me one valid idea and I will promote you to a general right away :D :D

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Suppose for a moment that the legitimacy issue that you are evoking is solved by some magical mean.
    How do you envision that HA can do such a draconian task ?
    Do you have any idea ? ;)
    Give me one valid idea and I will promote you to a general right away :D :D
    They cannot

gramsci

gramsci

Legendary Member
    Just a thought: Jerusalem is not his to "take back."

Seriously...Lebanese Shia have nothing to do with Jerusalem. They should stick to defending Lebanese borders and improving Lebanon, which includes finding a diplomatic solution for the settlement of Palestinian refugees outside Lebanon.
    I think jerusalem belong to its people , whatever their religion is.. A secular open city it must be

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Sorry @JustLeb

No worries indie,
    don't worry I am a compassionate guy :D :D :D

Now as for your comment, here's a thing. There has been a steady trend of the resistance movement that is making them more efficient and more flexible. In 1967 israel won in 6 days over 3 countries, in 1982 they reached Beirut in one week.

However in 2000 they were forced to leave lebanon, in 2006 they fought for 30 days without achieving any victory despite the huge technological advantage they have.

Since 2011 SHN has steadily repeating that in the next war HA will enter Galilee...this constitutes a big leap of confidence in his capabilities.
    SHN has been carful to create the image of a credible leader who unlike arab leaders don't sell his own people nonsense.
    So if he says he will capture Galilee, there is no chance that he is making a joke.

The big question that remains how would he do this ?

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Watch from minute 26... is SHN the state? How can this be allowed by a sovereign Lebanese state, shouldn't this be a strategy for the government and the President and Parliament?

The first 20 minutes he spent on Iran demonstrations.

@Indie

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Watch from minute 26... is SHN the state? How can this be allowed by a sovereign Lebanese state, shouldn't this be a strategy for the government and the President and Parliament?

The first 20 minutes he spent on Iran demonstrations.

@Indie
    Also watch from minute 45 as well.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    بو عاصي: “القوات” لا تستجدي العلاقة مع أحد والتعامل معنا باستهتار “ما بيمشي”

وحول سؤاله عن التحقيق في قضية الخزعلي، قال بو عاصي: “نحن لسنا تلاميذ في مجلس الوزراء فكل وزير يمثل شريحة شعبية وموقفأ حزبياً ونظرة سياسيّة وليس علينا أن نخاف على مشاعر الآخرين ما علينا فعله هو قول الأمور كما هي. ومن واجبي كوزير أن أسأل أين أصبح التحقيق في قضية قيس الخزعلي ولا أخفي أنّ وزير العدل قال إنّ لا معطيات للأمن العام أنّ شخصاً يحمل اسم قيس الخزعلي دخل لبنان وبالتالي هناك مشكلة وبعد فترة قصيرة تمّ خرق آخر.”
    وتابع: “علينا أن نسأل من يقرر فتح الحدود أو عدمها ومن يقرر الإستراتيجيّة الدفاعيّة إلاّ إذا اعتبر أنّ هناك طرفاً حزباً سياسيّاً هو “حزب الله” من يقرر والآخرين ركاب في البوسطة. لكنّ “القوات” لن تصعد إلى البوسطة وستتخذ موقفاً كما اتخذته على أيام الوصاية السوريّة وكما كان موقفها واضح في أي مرحلة أخرى قضت بأن تكون القوات لوحدها.”
    وأسف بو عاصي لان منطق الدولة ضرب لسنوات والخيارات الإستراتيجيّة ليست بيدها وبالتالي المواطن سيتعاطى مع المسؤول على أساس ما قام به لذا بات فاقداً للثقة بدولته وبأدائها. وجدد التأكيد ان لـ”القوات” ثوابت سياسية وهي تطمح للوصول إلى السلطة ولكن ليس على حساب هذه الثوابت السياسية، داعيا أي حزب وأي شخص يؤيّد توجهاتها ليكون حليفا لها في الإنتخابات النيابية
    Watch from 24min 25sec

Last edited:
    JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    بو عاصي: “القوات” لا تستجدي العلاقة مع أحد والتعامل معنا باستهتار “ما بيمشي”

وحول سؤاله عن التحقيق في قضية الخزعلي، قال بو عاصي: “نحن لسنا تلاميذ في مجلس الوزراء فكل وزير يمثل شريحة شعبية وموقفأ حزبياً ونظرة سياسيّة وليس علينا أن نخاف على مشاعر الآخرين ما علينا فعله هو قول الأمور كما هي. ومن واجبي كوزير أن أسأل أين أصبح التحقيق في قضية قيس الخزعلي ولا أخفي أنّ وزير العدل قال إنّ لا معطيات للأمن العام أنّ شخصاً يحمل اسم قيس الخزعلي دخل لبنان وبالتالي هناك مشكلة وبعد فترة قصيرة تمّ خرق آخر.”
    وتابع: “علينا أن نسأل من يقرر فتح الحدود أو عدمها ومن يقرر الإستراتيجيّة الدفاعيّة إلاّ إذا اعتبر أنّ هناك طرفاً حزباً سياسيّاً هو “حزب الله” من يقرر والآخرين ركاب في البوسطة. لكنّ “القوات” لن تصعد إلى البوسطة وستتخذ موقفاً كما اتخذته على أيام الوصاية السوريّة وكما كان موقفها واضح في أي مرحلة أخرى قضت بأن تكون القوات لوحدها.”
    وأسف بو عاصي لان منطق الدولة ضرب لسنوات والخيارات الإستراتيجيّة ليست بيدها وبالتالي المواطن سيتعاطى مع المسؤول على أساس ما قام به لذا بات فاقداً للثقة بدولته وبأدائها. وجدد التأكيد ان لـ”القوات” ثوابت سياسية وهي تطمح للوصول إلى السلطة ولكن ليس على حساب هذه الثوابت السياسية، داعيا أي حزب وأي شخص يؤيّد توجهاتها ليكون حليفا لها في الإنتخابات النيابية
    Watch from 24min 25sec
    how is this related to the technicalities of the war or battle to take the Galilee ??
    Why don't you open a thread called "Does HA have the right to liberate Jerusalem without the consent of the Lebanese government?"

Elvis left the building

Elvis left the building

Legendary Member
    we shouldnt stop at invading Jerusalem

we should continue and invade Washington..

as much as i respect SHN for some of the things he done

some of the other things he done and said like this leave little space for reason

this includes the rest of the cadre of hisbullah

how can it be morally viable to promise to burn lebanon for the sake of threatening israel is beyond me

making lebanon a promised conduit for foreign fighters is not acceptable

even if it was said just for the media's political agenda

hisbullah is living in some weird paradox dimension, where one foot is in the land of reason and the other is in the land of insanity

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    This is an israelli report/analysis from 2014. The are talking about more a raid than a real invasion.

Although a war is unlikely at this time, the IDF is preparing to fight Hezbollah, which has developed new offensive cross-border capabilities alongside its massive arsenal of rockets and missiles, a senior military source said on Sunday.

Hezbollah plans to send dozens and perhaps hundreds of terrorists into Israel in any war, while targeting the home front with many projectiles, in a conflict that could last as long as four months, according to the officer.

The Shi’ite group’s focus will be to rain rockets and missiles down on Israel, but it also plans raids based on lessons it has learned from its intervention in the Syrian civil war. A preemptive Israeli ground offensive could prevent such raids, he said.

“Hezbollah’s confidence is growing, along with its combat experience in Syria,” the officer said. “The battlegrounds of Syria have enabled Hezbollah to upgrade its capabilities. Hezbollah plans to send many combatants into Israeli territory near the border and seize it.” This has prompted Israel to make “dramatic changes” to its border-defense plans, he added.

“We understood that Hezbollah is thinking offensively.

It is gaining experience in Syria where it is initiating assaults in built-up areas, and attacking cities. It is learning about subterranean warfare from the perspective of the attacker...

and [its officers are] learning more about themselves as the defenders in Lebanon... They are learning about controlling hundreds of fighters, coordinating intelligence, firepower, and command and control. This is a serious development that requires us to prepare accordingly,” the officer said.

In the event that Hezbollah tries to surprise the IDF by occupying part of Israel near the border, the military will retake control of the area within a few hours, the officer said. “Operationally, this is not a difficult story to deal with.”

The officer did not doubt that Hezbollah is “dealing” with tunnel digging, but added that there are no known tunnels leading into Israel from Lebanon.

Hezbollah has built an extensive network of tunnels and underground bunkers in southern Lebanon and, together with Iran, instructed Hamas on how to do so in the Gaza Strip.

Combat with Hezbollah will be very bloody and Lebanon would sustain heavy damage in any war, the officer warned. “They [Hamas fighters] are in all of the [south Lebanese] villages.

“It could be very long. Part of this depends on how quickly we launch a ground offensive. The faster we launch an aggressive ground offensive, the more dramatic the effect it will have,” he said.

A full-scale Israeli war effort would result in the defeat of Hezbollah, he added.

Within hours, the IDF can mobilize brigades to staging areas and begin sending them into Lebanon.

“There is no problem with massing the forces and heading out on a speedy ground maneuver. We can do this very quickly,” he said. “The damage would be enormous in Lebanon.

Wars cannot be waged in a ‘clean’ manner anymore. Hezbollah is operating from the midst of civilians.

Wherever armored and infantry units pass through, there will be noncombatant deaths, as well,” he added.

“There will be many dead. Hezbollah understands this,” the officer said.

Hezbollah is continuing to build its offensive capabilities against Israel even though Israel is not its principal concern at present. Fighting Sunni jihadist groups in Syria, Iraq and Lebanon is Hezbollah’s focus. The movement has created special forces, and the army believes it likely has a naval commando unit for coastal raids.

Despite the threats, the officer said it was important to “keep things in proportion.

The level of firepower used by Syria on the Golan Heights in the 1973 Yom Kippur War was far bigger... There is no challenge in Lebanon that the IDF cannot overcome. There is no village in Lebanon in which the IDF can’t overwhelm Hezbollah.”

The IDF needs to significantly increase the time it spends training, according to the officer, referring to the effects of budget cuts. Without satisfactory levels of training, ground forces will end up paying a “high learning fee” in the first few days of a war – a price in blood that can be reduced if money is invested in training ahead of time.

“The situation on the Israeli-Lebanese border is currently quiet. Tourists arrive in the area. We do not see ourselves as facing an imminent war. On the other hand, there are many developments and instability,” he said.

“But, if [Hamas chief Hassan] Nasrallah feels he must respond to some incident and carries out a deadly terrorist attack on the border, this might prompt an Israeli response, which could lead to a Hezbollah response, which could lead to an escalation,” he said.

Possible triggers for conflict include an overseas terrorist attack by Hezbollah targeting Israelis, which could lead to direct Israeli retaliation against Hezbollah.

Alternatively, an Israeli air strike on a weapons smuggling convoy could prompt retaliation by the Lebanese group.

“Hezbollah is not in distress and it’s not right to believe that it won’t do a thing. In the current ‘war between wars’ phase that we are in, when we have to take risks, we should expect that this can lead to a deterioration and not be surprised,” the officer said, hinting at the consequences of Israeli air strikes on arms-smuggling convoys.

Hezbollah is constantly importing arms from Iran and Hezbollah. It can propose new rocket types and have them mass-produced in Iran or Syria before receiving them in Lebanon, the officer said.

“There is nothing that cannot be brought into Lebanon,” he added.

“We must handle things responsibly and carefully. The military must be very prepared.”

According to Israeli intelligence assessments, Hezbollah has total control of southern Lebanon (the area is dubbed “Hezbolland”), where nothing happens without the Shi’ite organization’s approval. Its yellow flags once again are flying on the border with Israel, and armed, uniformed Hezbollah men have been spotted near the border, a sign of a new boldness following a period of eight years since the Second Lebanon War during which Hezbollah kept a low profile.