Can love be scientifically proved?

Claudia

Based on the current scientific evidences, the only thing that exist is matter.

May I ask you if you ever fall in love? How can "love" be scientific proved? It can't. The same happens with Faith. Faith is a Gift, a grace from God, you can't explain it.
I can't explain it better than saying that Faith is the greatest gift someone can have. I compare it to love. Until you feel it, you don't know how strong it can be.

To me God's presence is an evidence in my life, that's why I don't need scientific proofs.

The "problem" with God is that when He is present in your life, you have Duties and moral Responsibilities. Differently from religion, Darwinism justifies every mistake, personal or collective.

Last edited by a moderator:

Holaco

May I ask you if you ever fall in love? How can "love" be scientific proved? It can't. The same happens with Faith. Faith is a Gift, a grace from God, you can't explain it.

Emotions such as love, fear, hunger........ are physical reactions

I have talked about this in many posts

http://www.lfpm.org/forum/showpost.php?p=493492&postcount=295
http://www.lfpm.org/forum/showpost.php?p=505367&postcount=2
http://www.lfpm.org/forum/showpost.php?p=501742&postcount=75
http://www.lfpm.org/forum/showpost.php?p=481403&postcount=33

Emotions can be easily explained by science. For example, when a man see a beautiful naked women, the image comes to his eye and the signals moves throw his neurons then it makes stimulation in his brain, and this stimulation will make a reaction. This reaction is called "Emotion". Another example, When your stomach is empty your brain releases chemicals that make stimulation in your brain and you would feel hungry..... All other types of emotions can be explained in this materialistic way.

Claudia

Emotions such as love, fear, hunger........ are physical reactions

I have talked about this in many posts

http://www.lfpm.org/forum/showpost.php?p=493492&postcount=295
http://www.lfpm.org/forum/showpost.php?p=505367&postcount=2
http://www.lfpm.org/forum/showpost.php?p=501742&postcount=75
http://www.lfpm.org/forum/showpost.php?p=481403&postcount=33

Emotions can be easily explained in materialistic way. For example, when a man see a beautiful naked women, the image comes to your eye and the signals moves throw your neurons then it makes stimulation in your brain, and this stimulation will make a reaction. This reaction is called "Emotion". Another example, When your stomach is empty your brain releases chemicals that make stimulation in your brain and you would feel hungry..... All other type emotions can be explained in this materialistic way.

Love is different from fear or hunger. These last two are uncontrollable and unpleasant physical reactions. IMO, love is a feeling. You say "I fall in love" but not "I fall in hunger". :wink:

gramsci

Legendary Member
Love is different from fear or hunger. These last two are uncontrollable and unpleasant physical reactions. IMO, love is a feeling. You say "I fall in love" but not "I fall in hunger". :wink:

love is a feeling exist in every human , even among animals ,and it comes in itsmaterialist form and have nothing to do with spiritualism ( hence in case if u believe in god and u have this feeling toward god but thats love is different that the love or feeling toward another person , whiich is different than ur love to ur parents or ur sister or brother ,
and have nothing to do with religion :)

Osiris

I can't explain it better than saying that Faith is the greatest gift someone can have. I compare it to love. Until you feel it, you don't know how strong it can be.
Love is not proved? Where did you get that from?
Our emotions are a bunch of electric waves.. nothing more nothing less. Everything reside in our brain and this is the result of about 550 million years of brain evolution.

The "problem" with God is that when He is present in your life, you have Duties and moral Responsibilities. Differently from religion, Darwinism justifies every mistake, personal or collective.
Again, the same conclusion!
Duties and moral responsibilities also apply to atheist people!

DaManInChrist

Love is not proved? Where did you get that from?
Our emotions are a bunch of electric waves.. nothing more nothing less. Everything reside in our brain and this is the result of about 550 million years of brain evolution.

Since you seem so knowledgeable, prove what you say here!

:smile:

Holaco

If emotions are not physical reactions, then what they would be ? A magical power ?

It seems religious people like you love to believe in mysteries !!!

I don't need to prove that our brain is a complex biological machine made from cells, neurons and organic materials, because it is self-evident that our brain is machine. All you need is to observe and study the structure of the Brain, and you will see that our brain is just made of cells and neurons connected together. We have looked inside our brain and the only thing we found is matter.

By the way, there are already project by IBM to simulate a complete human brain in a computer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Brain

And we have already simulated "half a virtual mouse brain" on a supercomputer
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6600965.stm

DaManInChrist

If emotions are not physical reactions, then what they would be ? A magical power ?

What do you mean by "physical"? You can't touch emotions. You can't see them. So how can they be physical reactions?

No, it has nothing to do with magic ... unless you think that God's works are magical ...

I'm not religious. I'm a Christian.

I don't need to prove that our brain is a complex biological machine made from cells, neurons and organic materials, because it is self-evident that our brain is machine. All you need is to observe and study the structure of the Brain, and you will see that our brain is just made of cells and neurons connected together. We have looked inside our brain and the only thing we found is matter.

That's because you can see matter, but you can't see emotions! This shows that you can't use operation science to study emotions.

By the way, there are already project by IBM to simulate a complete human brain in a computer

Please let us know when the project is successfully done. :wink:

Yes ... half a virtual mouse brain ... :smile:

Holaco

What do you mean by "physical"? You can't touch emotions. You can't see them. So how can they be physical reactions?

Did you read my previous posts, it seems that you didn't understand anything

Here I will post it again

"Emotions can be easily explained by science. For example, when a man see a beautiful naked women, the image comes to his eye and the signals moves throw his neurons then it makes stimulation in his brain, and this stimulation will make a reaction. This reaction is called "Emotion". Another example, When your stomach is empty your brain releases chemicals that make stimulation in your brain and you would feel hungry..... All other types of emotions can be explained in this materialistic way."

When you see a tall person with big muscles, you will say that this person is strong, right ? But does the word "strong" exist ? No, it is just a word that describe something.

Love, fear, hunger..... are words that describe certain physical reactions. In other words, emotions don't exist in absolute sense.

Osiris

:smile:

It was proved long time ago.. go read things other than religion!
Emotions and feelings, like wrath, fright, passion, love, hate, joy and sadness, are mammalian inventions, originated in the limbic system. This system is also responsible for some aspects of personal identity and for important functions related to memory.

Read about how the brain processes emotions HERE.
Read about the limbic system HERE.
See your emotions HERE.

And finally, have a nice day !!

DaManInChrist

Did you read my previous posts, it seems that you didn't understand anything

Of course, I didn't understand anything ACCORDING TO YOU ... because you want me to be convinced of what you say, even if what you say is not true!

Here I will post it again

"Emotions can be easily explained by science. For example, when a man see a beautiful naked women, the image comes to his eye and the signals moves throw his neurons then it makes stimulation in his brain, and this stimulation will make a reaction. This reaction is called "Emotion".

Did you ever ask yourself why looking at a beautiful naked woman does such a thing to you? I mean ... does looking at a naked old woman make you have the same reaction as when looking at a beautiful naked woman?

Or maybe we're not allowed to ask these questions ...

Another example, When your stomach is empty your brain releases chemicals that make stimulation in your brain and you would feel hungry..... All other types of emotions can be explained in this materialistic way."

Hunger is not an emotion. We are talking about emotions ...

When you see a tall person with big muscles, you will say that this person is strong, right ? But does the word "strong" exist ? No, it is just a word that describe something.

That's why we don't consider what we say as physical. :wink:

Love, fear, hunger..... are words that describe certain physical reactions.

That's true when you are talking about the TERMS. The term "materialist" is also a word to denote a materialist. Does this mean you don't exist?

In other words, emotions don't exist in absolute sense.

Based on what you concluded above ...

DaManInChrist

It was proved long time ago..

When? In the prehistoric days? :smile:

go read things other than religion!

Who told you I don't?

Emotions and feelings, like wrath, fright, passion, love, hate, joy and sadness, are mammalian inventions, originated in the limbic system. This system is also responsible for some aspects of personal identity and for important functions related to memory.

Yes, according to:
http://www.healing-arts.org/n-r-limbic.htm

See your emotions HERE.

Why don't you show me that you know what you're talking about here, instead of copy/pasting.

Or could it be that you don't have any good arguments to make concerning this subject?

Yes, thank you.

Holaco

Did you ever ask yourself why looking at a beautiful naked woman does such a thing to you? I mean ... does looking at a naked old woman make you have the same reaction as when looking at a beautiful naked woman?

Our brain makes different reactions depending on what we see and experience.

Hunger is not an emotion. We are talking about emotions

It is a feeling, but feelings and emotions are the same in my dictionary.

That's true when you are talking about the TERMS. The term "materialist" is also a word to denote a materialist. Does this mean you don't exist?

A materialist is someone who believes that only thing that can truly be said to exist is matter (The things that are made from particles like Atom, electrons, photons .... etc which constitute the observable universe.) and believes that all phenomena are the result of material interactions.

"Materialist" is a term that describe someones beliefs

Osiris

Why don't you show me that you know what you're talking about here, instead of copy/pasting.

Or could it be that you don't have any good arguments to make concerning this subject?

Show you what I know? I showed you what I know, it seems you don't read well.

I know that emotions are based in the brain and I provided the links for you to read about that, but you did not read any of them. I do provide Biology private lessons if you are interested, PM me for details.

Have a great day!

DaManInChrist

Our brain makes different reactions depending on what we see and experience.

You didn't answer my question(s).

Did you ever ask yourself why looking at a beautiful naked woman does such a thing to you? I mean ... does looking at a naked old woman make you have the same reaction as when looking at a beautiful naked young woman? If not, why not?

It is a feeling, but feelings and emotions are the same in my dictionary.

Ok, but hunger is different from ... let's say ... love.

A materialist is someone who believes that only thing that can truly be said to exist is matter (The things that are made from particles like Atom, electrons, photons .... etc which constitute the observable universe.) and believes that all phenomena are the result of material interactions.

"Materialist" is a term that describe someones beliefs

And materialists exist, like you.

DaManInChrist

Show you what I know? I showed you what I know, it seems you don't read well.

Yes, copy-pastes and links ...

I know that emotions are based in the brain and I provided the links for you to read about that, but you did not read any of them.

So you base your scientific knowledge on what other humans say. Nothing wrong with that ... unless humans decide to study emotions and the origin of life using operation science ...

I do provide Biology private lessons if you are interested, PM me for details.

And there are biologists who don't believe in evolution. These are better scientists than the ones who insist on studying the origins using operation science.

Have a great day!

Thank you again.

Claudia

I don't know why non-Believers members get angry so fast!... They say "Goodbye, we're done, have a nice day!" all the time when people disagree with them. By the contrary, I don't say goodbye to anyone... they may disagree me but I am always delighted to talk with them. But of course, Tolerance has no scientific evident, so maybe that's why Osiris and Materialist don't believe it. :biggrin:

Materialist said:

It was proved long time ago.. go read things other than religion!

See your emotions HERE.

Thanks for all the links, I know you want to give us good and reliable facts, but humans are not God, they fail too, so we'll never know if those links are 100% correct.
Anyway, your psychological explanations might not be scientific... That is, they might not be testable. Your psychology does not really tell you how the mind works; if it did, you'd be able to make predictions. But you can't because my mind is different from yours, and yours is different from Y's mind... I believe most humans have a psychological instinct that makes them believe in God (or in something transcendental) We have instincts and brain centers for food and many other things, and no one claims that food is an illusion.

Holaco

You didn't answer my question(s).

Did you ever ask yourself why looking at a beautiful naked woman does such a thing to you? I mean ... does looking at a naked old woman make you have the same reaction as when looking at a beautiful naked young woman? If not, why not?

You should know this by yourself.....

When you press "A" in the keyboard, does the computer display the same thing as you press "B" ? Of course No, because when you press "A" you are sending different data to the computer than pressing "B"

When you see "a beautiful young women" you are sending different data to your brain than seeing "an old women"

However, your reaction may vary between you and another person because you have different genetics, life experience, moods and other things.

Ok, but hunger is different from ... let's say ... love..

But both are the result of material interactions in our brain

And materialists exist, like you.

I'm as a person, I exist.

Se3a

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

vous avez vraimenet oublie la biologie les neurone oui quand I'll ya un sentimenet eprouve elle sont stimule mais cest tout un systeme avant quelle ne bouge I'll ya un stimulus qui declanche son activite alors oui cest lamour qui declanche certaine neurone et pas toute les neurone revoit la biologie un cour de bio et non pas une encyclopedie car elle ne donne pas de details de plus mr vous saviez que les neurone sont les seul cellule qui ne se regenere pas or commennt on a goujour un premier amour puis un deuxieme comment cela et les neurone meurt avec le temps et son pas remplace ainsi comment ces neurones ont commence a travaille cest par une force exterieur a nous meme ca peut etre dieu ou la nature elle meme et cette meme nature reprend la force quelle nous en a donne pour cette raison on annonce la mort larret du travail du cervaux cervelet moelle epiniare et tout le systeme nerveux

Se3a

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
"Emotions can be easily explained by science. For example, when a man see a beautiful naked women, the image comes to his eye and the signals moves throw his neurons then it makes stimulation in his brain, and this stimulation will make a reaction. This reaction is called "Emotion". Another example, When your stomach is empty your brain releases chemicals that make stimulation in your brain and you would feel hungry..... All other types of emotions can be explained in this materialistic way."

Love, fear, hunger..... are words that describe certain physical reactions. In other words, emotions don't exist in absolute sense.

noway ill shoot myself
not any naked women will stimulate ur neurone for exemple when ur painting a beautiful naked women u won't think that she have a great ass or whatever ull think oh I have a great painting ma khas neurone bel feelings when u love a women maybe ur neurone will be stimulate but not anynaked women will do that I gave u the ex of those girl who dnt put clothes ta yeresmouwon and ill gave u the exemple of porno girl's the camerman dnt feel or eprouve same feeling to his beloved