• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

can the hatred directed towards Gebran Bassil be rationalized?

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Once walking past Saydit (سيدة) Hospital Antilias , a mentally challenged guy on the fence called me , psst psst , .. I was curious, he looked stressed so I asked whats wrong. Shou fi ? he said come come.. I walked across a little and he whispered .. kelloun hown mjenin.
The moral of the story is , being sane or blind is a matter of opinion .

If Gebran couldn't build a power station , he at least could have appointed a GM that could've cleaned the mess, killed few birds, and stopped the internal corruption, subsidies, employee excess and all the wasted studies. Nothing changed. Taking holidays to watch football matches is a luxury for a leader of the largest block and acting leader of the largest Party in a poor country like lebanon. He should release his stress and travel again or use the army officers to carry some of his shopping bags.. Then they ask , shou badkoun ?

We just want normal people who speak with a normal tone to not fight but put their head down and bums up and start ticking boxes.
1596542233046.png
if you think that being sane is a matter of opinion, then you might as well join your friend on that fence.

• Advertisement
  • lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    View attachment 20268
    if you think that being sane is a matter of opinion, then you might as well join your friend on that fence.
    I'm not the one justifying Gebrans mistakes. If you didn't understand why people hate (..I would say unpopular, crapper, ..) like the rest, then you should get your head out of the sand.

1596551620375.png

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    10 pages and not a single hela hela ho?
    Boring crowd.

cedarheart

cedarheart

Legendary Member
    Was the 660m$ justified? How much kw will deir 3mar plant generate?
    538MW
    660M$ was the first contract awarded to a Lebanese-Spanish consortium; but the contract was cancelled by the government (official reason was that the price was too high) then later awarded to a Cypriot company for $470M (i don't know if the scope of work and terms were exactly the same for the 2 contracts so can't comment the huge price difference). Few years later that Cypriot company went into liquidation with accumulated damages of about $750M

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    538MW
    660M$ was the first contract awarded to a Lebanese-Spanish consortium; but the contract was cancelled by the government (official reason was that the price was too high) then later awarded to a Cypriot company for $470M (i don't know if the scope of work and terms were exactly the same for the 2 contracts so can't comment the huge price difference). Few years later that Cypriot company went into liquidation with accumulated damages of about $750M
    As soon as they say Lebanese consortium, you know there is corruption. All these consortiums are rewards.

Weezy

Weezy

*زين العمر : كنت حمار
    *هشام حداد : كنت حمار
    *جوزف ابو فاضل: كنت حمار
    *غسان سركيس : كنت حمار
    *جبران باسيل : بعدني حمار