can the hatred directed towards Gebran Bassil be rationalized?

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
It all started internally within so called FPM when aoun appointed him by sidelining many FPM activists who gave their life and time to FPM in time when FPM was basically nothing. ye3ni I could give you few well known aounist and well known faces within fpm that were kicked out or sidelined only because they were against bassil!

Now for others they hated him or disliked him for many reasons like his constant racist and sectarian language let it be involving marriage laws or refugees but of course he was winning many other people within the Christian communities by adopting such hateful speech!

As for media targeting him that is obviously true but on the other hand there was other pro FPM media making him look like the saviour of mankind and a man fighting corruption while in reality he is behind many of the shady deals that aoun did!

Also there are media targeting Hariri, Nasrallah in much bigger way..

Bassil is certainly a character and not a stupid one.. but he is khabis and he got no charisma..

I just think there is a good reason why many 3awniyeh themselves didn't like him..

• Advertisement
  • R

Ralph N

It all started internally within so called FPM when aoun appointed him by sidelining many FPM activists who gave their life and time to FPM in time when FPM was basically nothing. ye3ni I could give you few well known aounist and well known faces within fpm that were kicked out or sidelined only because they were against bassil!

Now for others they hated him or disliked him for many reasons like his constant racist and sectarian language let it be involving marriage laws or refugees but of course he was winning many other people within the Christian communities by adopting such hateful speech!

As for media targeting him that is obviously true but on the other hand there was other pro FPM media making him look like the saviour of mankind and a man fighting corruption while in reality he is behind many of the shady deals that aoun did!

Also there are media targeting Hariri, Nasrallah in much bigger way..

Bassil is certainly a character and not a stupid one.. but he is khabis and he got no charisma..

I just think there is a good reason why many 3awniyeh themselves didn't like him..
    Aouniye are good people, thats why they didnt like him...

Resistancefrom89

Resistancefrom89

years of being subjected to this will make you repeat such claims without being able to substantiate any of them
    if after more than 10 years we still cannot convince people that GB does not own a private jet, then you can rest assured the problem is not GB.
    1) Did Gebran work to embrace FPM members or went for a witch hunt against his opponents inside FPM?

2) Has Gebran managed to deliver a solution on electricity after more then 10 years in this ministry? And let us not resort to the leitmotiv he was not allowed to deliver. This is life in politics and if you fail, you need to be replaced (Churchil won the 2nd world war, and despite that was replaced when this time came. Gebran has still to win a war which has not to do with his political future but serves the interest of the people)

3) Was Gebran political acts serving the interest of the people he was representing or were his political moves steered by his politcal ambition?

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    And these are links from Riad Kobaissi about other politicians

رياض قبيسي يكشف ملفات فساد مرتبطة بالوزير محمد الصفدي

من هم أبناء السياسيين الذين قادوا سيارات بلا جمرك؟ - رياض قبيسي

موضوع فقرة "يسقط حكم الفاسد" عن الـ بارك ميتر ...

BBCHI Episode 24 رياض قبيسي يكشف عقاب صقر وراء نزول سعد الحريري ساحة الشهداء ليتحمل المسؤولية

In fact, if you just put "Riad Kobaissi" on Youtube, you'll that out of the top 12 results, only 1 is about badri daher.

(In fact it's well know that Khayyat's arch enemy is Nabih Berri)

He's free to do a report about anyone he wants, nothing shocking about not doing a report about his own boss. You think Tahssen Khayyat is corrupt, ask why the government isn't arresting him
    i will do this step by step, maybe it will be easier for you to grasp.
    1. badri daher is not a politician, not that it is relevant, but is an important point nevertheless.
    2. no one is telling you he didn't do anything about other politicians for you to answer this way.
    3. so until when you guys are planning to keep playing so dumb???
    4. riad qubaissi has conducted more than 20 tv appearances focused exclusively only on badri daher.
    5. did he do the same with any other "politician"? no, not even close, probably he never repeated the same subject twice.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Aouniye are good people, thats why they didnt like him...
    I'm sure there are many good people who are 3awniyeh..
    but the majority most likely support Bassil because aoun said they should..

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    1) Did Gebran work to embrace FPM members or went for a witch hunt against his opponents inside FPM?
    more lies. there was absolutely no witch hunts conducted inside FPM.
    2) Has Gebran managed to deliver a solution on electricity after more then 10 years in this ministry? And let us not resort to the leitmotiv he was not allowed to deliver. This is life in politics and if you fail, you need to be replaced (Churchil won the 2nd world war, and despite that was replaced when this time came. Gebran has still to win a war which has not to do with his political future but serves the interest of the people)
    • yes GB managed to deliver a solution to the electricity problem.
    • the solution GB presented 10 years ago is still the same solution on the table today with slight modifications.
    • patriotic people of honor and consciousness who want to build a country replace the politicians who have opposed and who have actively obstructed the solutions, not the ones pushing for them under the pretext that "ma edro 3emlo shi".
    • GB does not have to win anything, maximum he loses the elections and goes home; the problem is that with this mentality you will be extinct in no time and you as a citizen of Lebanon will be the one paying the long term price, as all of us.
    3) Was Gebran political acts serving the interest of the people he was representing or were his political moves steered by his politcal ambition?
    • had he been wanting to serve his political ambition he wouldn't have made any enemies, and they would have been all his friends today, probably hailing him as the next president.
    i have yet to see a single rational reason to all this hatred towards gebran. this is no longer about politics and political choices, it is simply pure hatred.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    another absurd and unsubstantiated claim. it seems that irrationality is the motto you guys live by.

aslan inta you are a very dishonest person to start with, you never really have issues with twisting truths to surve your purposes, so in your case this may not even be about rationality, not to mention you have never been closet to FPM and have no clue about the inner workings of the party let alone the internal sentiment.

Last edited:
    O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    another absurd and unsubstantiated claim. it seems that irrationality is the motto you guys live by.

aslan inta you are a very dishonest person to start with, you never really have issues with twisting truths to surve your purposes, so in your case this may not even be about rationality.
    What the point of your constant personal attacks..
    if you haven't noticed I rarely answer back to you and ignore you because you only use insults in your stupid replies..

You should learn some manners.. you believe I'm dishonest based on my views being different from yours or what exactly?

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    What the point of your constant personal attacks..
    if you haven't noticed I rarely answer back to you and ignore you because you only use insults in your stupid replies..
    i do not have the nerves to cradle people and play games dancing around words, i simply describe things for what they are.

when people ignore truth the way you do they are either evil or deluded. there is no third option. no one likes to be at the receiving end of such a description, this however is the proven truth.

You should learn some manners..
    you are vexed for calling you dishonest? and though in your case this is not a stretch, maybe that should teach you something about raising false and unsubstantiated claims against GB for the last decade? no? ok, case closed.

you believe I'm dishonest based on my views being different from yours or what exactly?
    people are always welcome to have different views, this is in fact enriching.
    you however do not fit in this category anymore. you are no longer presenting a different perspective or a different view, you are one of those constantly promoting unsubstantiated hatred towards GB without any valid cause. so do not play the victim now, you are not the victim here, you are rather the aggressor.

Last edited:
    O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    i do not have the nerves to cradle people and play games dancing around words, i simply describe thing for what they are

when people ignore truth the way you do they are either evil or deluded. there is no third option. no one likes to be at the receiving end of such a description this however is the proven truth.

you are vexed for calling you dishonest? and though in your case this is not a false claim, maybe that should teach you something about raising false and unsubstantiated claims against GB for the last decade.

people are always welcome to have different views, this is in fact enriching.
    you however do not fit in this category anymore. you are one of those constantly promoting unsubstantiated hatred without any valid cause. so do not play the victim now, you are not a victim. you are simply what you are.

I don't know what your real issue is with me but I really have no clue about what you are even talking about!

I'm being dishonest about what exactly?
    And what truth are you even talking about? You are just using big words without making any real point!

So what false and "unsubstantiated claims" did I make against your lord bassil?

I simply gave my opinion about this subject and you simply didn't like this opinion maybe if you do not have something to say.. restrain yourself from replying to me.. you could always give me a dislike loool no need la hal akel kharah ta3ak!

Next time if you believe I'm being dishonest or making false claims quote my actual comments and try to replying to these points and prove me wrong instead of using such foul response!

You seems very hysterical :rolleyes:
    Try relax a bit and take a deep breath...

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    I simply gave my opinion about this subject and you simply didn't like this opinion maybe if you do not have something to say.. restrain yourself from replying to me.. you could always give me a dislike loool no need la hal akel kharah ta3ak!
    i must have missed that, where did you give your opinion on the subject?

this is not an opinion about the subject, this is simply another unsubstantiated attack on FPM that has nothing to do with the topic being discussed. you just want to keep attacking FPM without thinking.
    Next time if you believe I'm being dishonest or making false claims quote my actual comments and try to replying to these points and prove me wrong instead of using such foul response!

You seems very hysterical :rolleyes:
    Try relax a bit and take a deep breath...
    no need to wait for next time, here is a sample from one of your own posts:
    "fighting against whatever injustice etc. is not something I would denounce for sure!"
    you just do not believe other people have the right defend themselves or fight against the injustices you yourself perpetrate?

if you have something to explain why you do not like Gebran post it in this thread, otherwise there is no need for you to attack FPM and FPMers just for attacking, you can do that in countless other threads.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    this thread is not about trashing FPM, it is about a specific point, substantiate your hatred for GB by explaining the reasons. do not derail this thread and flood it with all sorts of things.
    Bassil is the president of FPM and the interview mention bassil..
    Parts of the answer to the question can be found within this interview II posted!

People simply dislike bassil for different given reasons!

For example @Ralph N or @Resistancefrom89 or @The_FPMer dislike him for other reasons from why me and others dislike him!

i must have missed that, where did you give your opinion on the subject?

this is not an opinion about the subject, this is simply another unsubstantiated attack on FPM that has nothing to do with the topic being discussed. you just want to keep attacking FPM without thinking.

no need to wait for next time, here is a sample from one of your own posts:
    "fighting against whatever injustice etc. is not something I would denounce for sure!"
    you just do not believe other people have the right defend themselves or fight against the injustices you yourself perpetrate?

if you have something to explain why you do not like Gebran post it in this thread, otherwise there is no need for you to attack FPM and FPMers just for attacking, you can do that in countless other threads.

Where did I say others have no right to defend themselves or fight against injustice? You are not making a good point!

What "perpetrate" are you even talking about.. you asked a question you clearly didn't like the answer and started attacking instead of replying to my comment!

I did give my opinion.. scroll up and you will find it!

The subject is bassil and bassil is the appointed president of FPM..

I said clearly in my first post why I think people dislike bassil.. I think it started within the 3awni movement itself and expanded outside the movement for many different reasons which I stated in my first comment.. You could have said you are wrong for this and that reason without the need to reply in such bad manner!

Resistancefrom89

Resistancefrom89

more lies. there was absolutely no witch hunts conducted inside FPM.

• yes GB managed to deliver a solution to the electricity problem.
    • the solution GB presented 10 years ago is still the same solution on the table today with slight modifications.
    1) I will let the expulsed FPM members comment about it.
    2) Are you kiiding yourself when you talk about a solution he has presented: any kid knows that you need to build power plants (they do build those frequently also in Zimbabwe). His job was to build those plants , not to talk about them. And yes he failed big time. And of course people will make everything to make him fail, but it is his job to make it happen. Time to let somebody else take the leadership of FPM.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Bassil is the president of FPM and the interview mention bassil..
    Parts of the answer to the question can be found within this interview II posted!
    this is yet another evidence that you simply throw things in bassil's direction blindly, but very deliberately.
    and then you wonder why i point out that you have issues with the truth on a personal level? had it not been the case you would not be doing that.

People simply dislike bassil for different given reasons!
    For example @Ralph N or @Resistancefrom89 or @The_FPMer dislike him for other reasons from why me and others dislike him!
    not very accurate. you dislike him for reasons that are very similar despite their wide variety, none of them are rooted in reality, and none of you seems to be bothered when that translates into unjustly persecuting another person.

I did give my opinion.. scroll up and you will find it!
    maybe years of inaccuracies and generalizations have taken their toll on you. but no, you did not give a reason, you were too busy explaining and misrepresenting why others dislike him, probably to further the wave, a wave which i have to point out to you is meaningless as far as veracity is concerned. the closest you came to speaking for yourself is in this statement: "Bassil is certainly a character and not a stupid one.. but he is khabis and he got no charisma.." which ironically is just another evidence that the negative sentiments towards bassil are subjective and are not necessarily based in reality.

The subject is bassil and bassil is the appointed president of FPM..
    I said clearly in my first post why I think people dislike bassil.. I think it started within the 3awni movement itself and expanded outside the movement for many different reasons which I stated in my first comment.. You could have said you are wrong for this and that reason without the need to reply in such bad manner!
    no, this is not the subject of this thread. the subject of this thread is can the overwhelmingly negative sentiments towards bassil be rationalized or substantiated? so far the answer is obviously: NO

Where did I say others have no right to defend themselves or fight against injustice? You are not making a good point!
    What "perpetrate" are you even talking about.. you asked a question you clearly didn't like the answer and started attacking instead of replying to my comment!
    i will not explain the obvious nuances.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    1) I will let the expulsed FPM members comment about it.
    the majority of these people turned out to be quite nasty. starting from tony nasrallah, to hisham haddad, to elsie mfarrej, elie mahfoud, etc... as they keep proving day in and day out, and i am quite sure there are still many of their caliber in FPM's ranks.

but even so, i am for trying to find a solution for these cases, however these people are so nasty to the point where no solutions are seemingly possible anymore.

the few cases where the decision were seemingly unjust did not turn against FPM and do not spend their time spreading hatred against FPM, GMA and Bassil, because these people are genuinely nice and they believe in the higher purpose and place it above their personal interests.

2) Are you kiiding yourself when you talk about a solution he has presented: any kid knows that you need to build power plants (they do build those frequently also in Zimbabwe). His job was to build those plants , not to talk about them. And yes he failed big time. And of course people will make everything to make him fail, but it is his job to make it happen. Time to let somebody else take the leadership of FPM.
    see how far down this irrational tunnel you have gone?
    • ironically, yes, the role of the minister of energy is just to make the plan and present it to the government.
    • the implementation of the pan is the responsibility of the government and the state.
    • and despite that, FPM being part of the government fought for the plan with its nails and its teeth, we were able to implement big portions of it, but failed in implementing it whole because it simply was not under our control and we were not strong enough to impose the solution by force.
    • now instead of changing the people like ali hassan khalil who have the ability to hinder these plans forever, you want to change Bassil? pshht big time hero you are.

Last edited:
    O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    this is yet another evidence that you simply throw things in bassil's direction blindly, but very deliberately.
    and then you wonder why i point out that you have issues with the truth on a personal level? had it not been the case you would not be doing that.

not very accurate. you dislike him for reasons that are very similar despite their wide variety, none of them are rooted in reality, and none of you seems to be bothered when that translates into unjustly persecuting another person.

maybe years of inaccuracies and generalizations have taken their toll on you. but no, you did not give a reason, you were too busy explaining and misrepresenting why others dislike him, probably to further the wave, a wave which i have to point out to you is meaningless as far as veracity is concerned. the closest you came to speaking for yourself is in this statement: "Bassil is certainly a character and not a stupid one.. but he is khabis and he got no charisma.." which ironically is just another evidence that the negative sentiments towards bassil are subjective and are not necessarily based in reality.

no, this is not the subject of this thread. the subject of this thread is can the overwhelmingly negative sentiments towards bassil be rationalized or substantiated? so far the answer is obviously: NO

i will not explain the obvious nuances.

The reason I dislike bassil is because of all the hateful things he says and because he is corrupt..
    Like calling for a racist law where you give only women married to westerners the right to pass nationality while women married to any man from neighbouring countries is not allowed to. Or his constant attacks on the refugees and blaming them for everything... for you this is all good but not for me!

He also uses populist speech all over and love to claim something he isn't..
    There were also giant claims made on pro FPM media that he is making big reforms starting from the telecommunication and he is this master of reforms wherever you put him!

The dam projects for many people these projects are very corrupted and destructive and I believe there are good evidence that they are but you believe them to be all good and what the country actually needs!

Electricity failing and failing more is good enough to dislike the man..

I have no respect for corrupted politicians nor am I in love with them..
    Maybe insulting his mother is not a way to deal with it but the man is not someone I respect in the same way I don't respect hariri because simply they are corrupt politicians..

This is my opinion and what I believe but you want to use the word truth and keep using it in a meaningless way!
    Well the truth is that you are a follower of bassil which means you are a bassilli while I'm definitely not!

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Now here is why so many 3awniyeh dislike bassil for other reasons from others like me do!

نعيم عون: باسيل أخطأ وارتكب جريمة بحق خط تاريخي كبير جدا
    الجمعة ١٠ تموز ٢٠٢٠ 10:15سياسة

أشار القيادي السابق في التيار الوطني الحر نعيم عون، إلى أن هناك أخطاء وأخطار مورست في الحياة السياسية أوصلتنا إلى هذا الوضع، والمشكلة في لبنان ليست تقنية، وهناك الكثير من العوامل التي تجعلك تتغير، ولا يمكن إنتاج نفس الحل الذي نجح في الماضي، وفق المعطيات وتطوراتها، ولا يمكن أن نقوم بمقاربة تقليدية لا توصل إلى تحسن، لأنها لم تجاري المرحلة التي نمر فيها، فالمعارضة التقليدية، إن نجحت، لن نصل إلى الإصلاح أو النتائج التي ينتظرها الناس، والحل أولا هو تغيير السلوكيات، وهذه السلطة غير قادرة على ذلك، وهذه الحكومة بالظروف الوالوقت الذي اتخذته كان يجب أن تحضر نفسها، والحكومة لم تقدم سوى الكلام الفارغ".

واعتبر القيادي السابق خلال حديث تلفزيوني، أن "اللبناني يغيب 10 سنوات عن لبنان ويعود ليجد الوضع على ما هو عليه، واللبنانية بغالبية اللبنانيين يعرفون المشكلة، والمشكلة أن السلطة القائمة تريد المحافظة على المكتسبات، من دون الإعتراف بالتغييرات التي حصلت، أو مقاربات جديدة نتيجة الظروف الإستثنائية الإقتصادية المالية، ولم نصل إلى هنا فقط بسبب مؤامرات، بل بسبب الفساد والهدر والسرقات على 30 سنة، وجميعهم لعبوا نفس اللعبة، والتيار الوطني الحر عند دخوله السلطة، بدلا من تغيير المسار، أتى شخص ودخل إلى اللعبة التقليدية، وهناك مسؤولية لكل إنسان بموقع السلطة بالإيجابية والسلبية، وعلى رجل الدولة أن يطبق القوانين ويكشف الفساد والسرقة".

ولفت نعيم عون إلى أن هناك مقاربة تقليدية لمشكلة إستثنائية، والمشكلة ليست تقنية بل مشكلة سلوكيات من المواطن للسلطة ومن السلطة للمواطن، والشعب اللبناني أخطأ وهو يدفع الثمن، والمسؤولية تقع عليه بالإنتخابات، لكن ذلك لا يعني أن من حق السلطة أن تتصرف بهذه الطريقة، وانا أعتقد أننا ذاهبون على انفجر، لأن هناك إستحالة لهذه السلطة أن تكمل، ونحن بحاجة للمال من الخارج بشروط، والسلطة غير قادرة على تلبيتها".

واعتبر عون أن "الظروف أتاحت لي الإطلاع على كواليس الأمور السياسية، وهناك مؤشرات تدل على ما سيحصل وكانت واضحة، إلا أنه لم يتم تدارك الأمور"، موضحا أننا في لبنان "عدنا إلى الوراء وعلى مشارف موت حقيقي للبلد، ومن لا يعترف بذلك هو إنسان مريض، ونعم يوجد مخرج، والممر للمخاض سيكون أكثر قساوةً من الآن".

وشدد عون على أن "الوزير السابق ورئيس التيار الوطني الحر جبران باسيل أخطأ وارتكب جريمة بحق خط تاريخي كبير جدا، ونحن حذرنا من الوضع منذ زمن، لكن لم يكن صوتنا مسموعا".

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    The reason I dislike bassil is because of all the hateful things he says and because he is corrupt..
    as far as saying hateful things goes, bassil is the one who says the least amount of hateful things.
    as far as doing hateful things goes, bassil never really hurts a fly.

Like calling for a racist law where you give only women married to westerners the right to pass nationality while women married to any man from neighbouring countries is not allowed to.
    not true. the argument was never presented as such.
    Or his constant attacks on the refugees and blaming them for everything... for you this is all good but not for me!
    also not true. bassil never attacked the refugees. he only pointed out that our fragile economy and our even more fragile balance are threatened by the huge numbers of refugees in Lebanon. he was proven right on the first component, i hope we will not need to test whether he is right on the second component as well.

He also uses populist speech all over and love to claim something he isn't..
    yet all evidence points to the contrary.

There was also a huge stunt made that he is making big reforms starting from the telecommunication and he is this master of reforms wherever you put him!
    he actually is, and he is one of the hardest working ministers in every government he participates in. every ministry he was in became better.

The dam projects for many people these project are very corrupted and destructive and I believe there are good evidence that they are but you believe them to be all good and what the country actually needs!
    • the dams are very needed to supply our citizens with clean water.
    • these dams are projects that will continue to serve our country for long decades.
    • without these dams there won't be enough water neither for homes nor for irrigation.
    • there is a severe water shortage already, and with the increase of the population this shortage will increase.
    • many of these dams were planned and their need established decades ago.
    • dams are not destructive for the ecosystem, to the contrary, they create new thriving ecosystems and they help agriculture flourish.
    • there is no evidence to the corruption of these projects except hear-say.
    • it is not a matter of what i "believe" these projects to be, it is a matter of facts.
    Electricity failing and failing more is good enough to dislike the man..
    • honest people would rather dislike those who have been sabotaging the electricity plans under all kinds of excuses and pretexts.
    • do you also dislike georges frem, the one who was fired from the ministry of hariri for insisting on building the power plants?
    I have no respect for corrupted politicians nor am I in love with them..
    you seem to have no respect for honest and hardworking people either.
    Maybe insulting his mother is not a way to deal with it
    maybe? the people who insult bassil's mother, open the road for jumblat and take selfies with him, those take selfies with hariri and want him to return as prime minister, and those who cuss bassil all while making delta sines are just scum. there is no maybe about that.

but the man is not someone I respect in the same way I don't respect hariri because simply they are corrupt politicians..
    i do not see eye to eye with bassil on many things, but i respect him more than i respect hariri, who i respect much more than i respect ja3ja3, jumblat and birri. anything other than that is a straight lie that contributes to further destroying of our already destroyed country.

This is my opinion and what I believe but you want to use the word truth and keep using it in a meaningless way!
    Well the truth is that you are a follower of bassil which means you are a bassilli while I'm definitely not!
    you can call me whatever you want, but it is obvious that truth is not really your concern here, or anywhere else for that matter.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Now here is why so many 3awniyeh dislike bassil for other reasons from others like me do!

نعيم عون: باسيل أخطأ وارتكب جريمة بحق خط تاريخي كبير جدا
    الجمعة ١٠ تموز ٢٠٢٠ 10:15سياسة

أشار القيادي السابق في التيار الوطني الحر نعيم عون، إلى أن هناك أخطاء وأخطار مورست في الحياة السياسية أوصلتنا إلى هذا الوضع، والمشكلة في لبنان ليست تقنية، وهناك الكثير من العوامل التي تجعلك تتغير، ولا يمكن إنتاج نفس الحل الذي نجح في الماضي، وفق المعطيات وتطوراتها، ولا يمكن أن نقوم بمقاربة تقليدية لا توصل إلى تحسن، لأنها لم تجاري المرحلة التي نمر فيها، فالمعارضة التقليدية، إن نجحت، لن نصل إلى الإصلاح أو النتائج التي ينتظرها الناس، والحل أولا هو تغيير السلوكيات، وهذه السلطة غير قادرة على ذلك، وهذه الحكومة بالظروف الوالوقت الذي اتخذته كان يجب أن تحضر نفسها، والحكومة لم تقدم سوى الكلام الفارغ".

واعتبر القيادي السابق خلال حديث تلفزيوني، أن "اللبناني يغيب 10 سنوات عن لبنان ويعود ليجد الوضع على ما هو عليه، واللبنانية بغالبية اللبنانيين يعرفون المشكلة، والمشكلة أن السلطة القائمة تريد المحافظة على المكتسبات، من دون الإعتراف بالتغييرات التي حصلت، أو مقاربات جديدة نتيجة الظروف الإستثنائية الإقتصادية المالية، ولم نصل إلى هنا فقط بسبب مؤامرات، بل بسبب الفساد والهدر والسرقات على 30 سنة، وجميعهم لعبوا نفس اللعبة، والتيار الوطني الحر عند دخوله السلطة، بدلا من تغيير المسار، أتى شخص ودخل إلى اللعبة التقليدية، وهناك مسؤولية لكل إنسان بموقع السلطة بالإيجابية والسلبية، وعلى رجل الدولة أن يطبق القوانين ويكشف الفساد والسرقة".

ولفت نعيم عون إلى أن هناك مقاربة تقليدية لمشكلة إستثنائية، والمشكلة ليست تقنية بل مشكلة سلوكيات من المواطن للسلطة ومن السلطة للمواطن، والشعب اللبناني أخطأ وهو يدفع الثمن، والمسؤولية تقع عليه بالإنتخابات، لكن ذلك لا يعني أن من حق السلطة أن تتصرف بهذه الطريقة، وانا أعتقد أننا ذاهبون على انفجر، لأن هناك إستحالة لهذه السلطة أن تكمل، ونحن بحاجة للمال من الخارج بشروط، والسلطة غير قادرة على تلبيتها".

واعتبر عون أن "الظروف أتاحت لي الإطلاع على كواليس الأمور السياسية، وهناك مؤشرات تدل على ما سيحصل وكانت واضحة، إلا أنه لم يتم تدارك الأمور"، موضحا أننا في لبنان "عدنا إلى الوراء وعلى مشارف موت حقيقي للبلد، ومن لا يعترف بذلك هو إنسان مريض، ونعم يوجد مخرج، والممر للمخاض سيكون أكثر قساوةً من الآن".

وشدد عون على أن "الوزير السابق ورئيس التيار الوطني الحر جبران باسيل أخطأ وارتكب جريمة بحق خط تاريخي كبير جدا، ونحن حذرنا من الوضع منذ زمن، لكن لم يكن صوتنا مسموعا".

na3im's problem is with GMA not with bassil, GMA didn't find him worthy of leading anything.