Canada's New Facelift by Justin Trudeau

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
It wasn't proof of anything; we're just having a conversation.

I highly doubt there are statistics that captures the following question: "Are you able to work yet choose not to work in order to collect welfare?"

I can do a search later, but I doubt I'll find anything. The question itself is incriminating (for the lack of a better word), so no one would really answer it in an honest manner. But think about the following for a moment.

35.4% of the US population is on welfare (Dept. of Commerce). I find it hard to believe that over 110 million people are incapable of working. Not only that, but people on welfare do not have an incentive to work. Welfare pays more than $8/hr minimum wage in 39 states, more than $12/hr in 6 states, and more than the average salary of a teacher in 8 states (ibid.).
Lol at your republican redneck stats.
People receiving benefits or assistance are not called welfare.

Every child under 6 receives 100$/month in Canada. In your definition this means every single family in Canada in on welfare.
100%.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    It was a big topic few years ago, and there was an abortion bill to be presented under the conservatives, then Harper decided to not go ahead with it, you can research it, although it was not part of this elections debate. Anyways, m out of this discussion and this disgusting forum, not even sure why I posted about it. Enjoy.
    Research the history the Supreme Court already ruled...case has been closed long time time ago.

kmarthe

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Lebanese should be the last people on earth to talk about Human Values. Let's not air our dirty laundry...
    OK mikeys if that makes you happy :)

I never said anything about a poor person sitting around and crying over his bad luck, or a rich person sitting around and laughing over his good luck. I specifically said that, all other factors being equal (i.e. intelligence, hard work, etc.) between person X and person Y, the one who's born in a wealthier environment will have a head start, while the other will play catch up.

Most people work if they can find a job. No one who is healthy physically and psychologically, and has a decent opportunity for work, will chose to sit around all day and live off of welfare.

This idea that the rich work hard and are forced to support the "lazy poor" is wrong on so many levels. It's elitist, it's insulting, and it's false. Poor people work very hard. Often, they work harder than rich people, without the benefits that rich people have.
    Indie, I did not talk about people who can't find a job or people who have out of control circumstances forbidding them from working. Everyone goes through a painful stage of looking for job and getting opportunity. I specifically mentioned those who can but don't want to work, and in Quebec there are a LOT of those. My problem is with those ones, and here I find it unfair that those people keep counting on the society to give them the basics without a single effort on their side. I never intended to insult anyone nor to be elitist and I never claimed I am better than anyone, apologies if it sounded so. Now my point talking about wealth was simply to say that no wealthy person woke up one day and found his/her money falling on their heads, those people work very hard and often spend many years studying and working 12 hours a day. Definitely if you are born for a rich parents you have an easier start, but still if you chose not to keep up on your own you would become dependent on others.

There could be many reasons why youth are dropping out of college. I certainly never heard anyone say they're dropping out of college because they want to live the rest of their life on welfare.
    Can you please be more specific about the many reasons? People who often drop to go for handy work true they don't need studies, and matter of fact those earn more money than someone who completes a university degree sometimes in Canada. My problem is not with those, but those who drop out and do nothing.

That being the truth and that being blackmail are not mutually exclusive. In fact, it is the truth that most economic policy is based on the blackmail from multinational corporations that they will take their business elsewhere if we don't let them get away with screwing everyone.
    A balanced economy needs all classes including corporations, whether we like it or not, you cannot survive and sustain health/social/education services to all your population if you don't have a group that is able to provide above average income, and logically the more you raise this average the less such people you would have to finance your programs. I gave you a real example that you can check for yourself :)

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    Research the history the Supreme Court already ruled...case has been closed long time time ago.
    Nothing is closed. Not even Supreme court decisions. Up to you if you want to keep repeating the same over and over. The debate is still on, although not as heated as before. Provincial laws are different and can also affect abortions.

Tory MP says party nixed statement on abortion motion - Politics - CBC News

Tories And Abortion: Conservative Petitions Keep Debate Alive

New Canadian debate on abortion is about if it's time to have a real debate about abortion | National Post

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    Nothing is closed. Not even Supreme court decisions. Up to you if you want to keep repeating the same over and over. The debate is still on, although not as heated as before. Provincial laws are different and can also affect abortions.

Tory MP says party nixed statement on abortion motion - Politics - CBC News

Tories And Abortion: Conservative Petitions Keep Debate Alive

New Canadian debate on abortion is about if it's time to have a real debate about abortion | National Post
    Yes it is closed and I posted where Harper said that they will not reopen the debate, so case closed 7aj tdayye3 wa2et, newspapers can say what they want, and pulling articles from 2012 is not helping your case.
    even your last article in the last paragraph it says:
    Speaking that same day in New Brunswick, Mr. Harper said, again, he will continue to stay away from legislating on abortion: “Our government is going to do everything we can to keep from reopening that particular debate,” he said.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    Yes it is closed and I posted where Harper said that they will not reopen the debate, so case closed 7aj tdayye3 wa2et, newspapers can say what they want, and pulling articles from 2012 is not helping your case.
    even your last article in the last paragraph it says:
    Speaking that same day in New Brunswick, Mr. Harper said, again, he will continue to stay away from legislating on abortion: “Our government is going to do everything we can to keep from reopening that particular debate,” he said.
    Harper saying he will not open the debate means only one thing, that the debate can still be opened anytime. What he did is not let his MPs present any bills and his majority government from legislating anything against abortion.
    It can happen anytime ...

You think the debate is closed because of a previous decision in the supreme court against one case? loool

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    Harper saying he will not open the debate means only one thing, that the debate can still be opened anytime.
    No it means it is a lost cause he's not going to dive in,
    What he did is not let his MPs present any bills and his majority government from legislating anything against abortion.
    It can happen anytime ...
    And then it will be struck down by the supreme court, so he knows it is todiyi3 wa2et. Canada has a charter, a charter is above any law, any laws that do not conform to the charter are struck down, and this is one of them. Do you think that even if the whole parliament votes that blacks should be slave that it becomes law?
    You think the debate is closed because of a previous decision in the supreme court against one case? loool
    I don't think it is closed, I am telling you it is closed, even Harper says it is, who's discussing it other than you and Kmarthe, anybody who's trying to reopen it is hitting his head in the wall, it is like trying to say that the earth is not round, this debate has had its days and society is passed this stage. You are still living in your Lebanese and religious society. You remind me of this guy, since he's talking about it, then according to you the debate is not closed?

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    No it means it is a lost cause he's not going to dive in,

And then it will be struck down by the supreme court, so he knows it is todiyi3 wa2et. Canada has a charter, a charter is above any law, any laws that do not conform to the charter are struck down, and this is one of them. Do you think that even if the whole parliament votes that blacks should be slave that it becomes law?

I don't think it is closed, I am telling you it is closed, even Harper says it is, who's discussing it other than you and Kmarthe, anybody who's trying to reopen it is hitting his head in the wall, it is like trying to say that the earth is not round, this debate has had its days and society is passed this stage. You are still living in your Lebanese and religious society. You remind me of this guy

Where did I mention any religion :)

Duu. he did not open the debate because he knows it will cost him votes.
    Who appoints the judges to the supreme court. do you know?

You can have any wet wild dreams about this guy, hard to tell who is more closed among both of you.

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    Where did I mention any religion :)

Duu. he did not open the debate because he knows it will cost him votes.
    Oh cool so voters do not want that, only you and KMarthe want it!

Who appoints the judges to the supreme court. do you know?
    The government does and they were appointed way before him and way before the government before him the decision was taken way back in the days when the debate was still open. So the judges were avant garde and they took the decision before the governments were aligned with it and when it was an issue back in 1988. That time has passed except for you, you still live in the past.

Here I will repeat if for you, maybe 3al takrar byet3allam el ghazel

The abortion law was in breach of Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which guarantees the right to life, liberty, and security of the person. As one of the justices stated: "The right to liberty...guarantees a degree of personal autonomy over important decisions intimately affecting his or her private life. ... The decision whether or not to terminate a pregnancy is essentially a moral decision and in a free and democratic society, the conscience of the individual must be paramount to that of the state."

Now you can say whatever you want, and this will not change, we have a charter of rights and freedoms

You can have any wet wild dreams about this guy, hard to tell who is more closed among both of you.
    You are, because you still live in the past. Are you aware that heath Canada approved abortion pill RU-486? The pill has been available for 25 years and women in 57 countries have access to the drug. and you are still debating whether abortion is OK or not in Canada when the last time this was a debate it was 1988. So yes you are just like this guy who thinks the earth is not round talking about it centuries after it was not a subject anymore.

Dalzi

Dalzi

Legendary Member
    I can only comment on the looks that the media is addressing. 3ade metlo metl gheiro. He just looks younger than his age.

kmarthe

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    And where do you get this idea that the rich are being taxed to finance the lazy?
    No, this is not what I said :) Please read my post again without distorting my words.

When someone strives to become successful and consequently wealthy, luck counts only for 10% while hard work counts for 90%. No one finds his/her money on the streets, but when people are used to a system that regardless of what you do you will get your pension anyways, why get educated and work?

I know young people who are on wellfare not because they can't work but simply because they don't want to. Check the rate of education drop also, that gives you an idea about the culture of laziness that is being implemented in Canada. People are already taxed enough, and an increase of taxes for the very wealthy ones will end up pushing those to move elsewhere, most probably to our southern neighbour, and we end up with less income for the federal and provincial governments because those who can provide money simply hachalo :)
    Do you not see the state of the health sector? The education sector? And pretty much all other public sectors that benefit everyone? Most of whom do work, btw.
    Those sectors are fine, but could have been way better if the money poured into these sectors and their resources are better managed.

The few lazy people who manage to find loopholes to take advantage of the welfare system might get a tiny portion of public funds, but they are pretty inconsequential compared to everything else that needs public funding.

The money these lazy people steal is also nothing compared to what corporations steal from society.

But it's more difficult to hold powerful corporations accountable, especially when they're so cozy with politicians...so let's forget about the bull and go after the small time thief who stole an egg huh?
    I didn't talk about corporations in my post above, and there are many wealthy people who did not get their money through big corporations but through tireless and hard work and are already highly taxed :) I agree corporations take big money, and some call it stealing for some reasons. This is not my point, my point is a society needs to have all classes for a balanced economy. Humans by nature when they get to a position of power they tend to abuse the system they control for their own benefits, just look at the political parties who get to govern, give them some time in the government and you would start hearing corruption scandals :) Sad but true.

Last edited:
    Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    Oh cool so voters do not want that, only you and KMarthe want it!

The government does and they were appointed way before him and way before the government before him the decision was taken way back in the days when the debate was still open. So the judges were avant garde and they took the decision before the governments were aligned with it and when it was an issue back in 1988. That time has passed except for you, you still live in the past.

Here I will repeat if for you, maybe 3al takrar byet3allam el ghazel

The abortion law was in breach of Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which guarantees the right to life, liberty, and security of the person. As one of the justices stated: "The right to liberty...guarantees a degree of personal autonomy over important decisions intimately affecting his or her private life. ... The decision whether or not to terminate a pregnancy is essentially a moral decision and in a free and democratic society, the conscience of the individual must be paramount to that of the state."

Now you can say whatever you want, and this will not change, we have a charter of rights and freedoms

You are, because you still live in the past. Are you aware that heath Canada approved abortion pill RU-486? The pill has been available for 25 years and women in 57 countries have access to the drug. and you are still debating whether abortion is OK or not in Canada when the last time this was a debate it was 1988. So yes you are just like this guy who thinks the earth is not round talking about it centuries after it was not a subject anymore.
    yawn ...
    educate yourself. I worked on the abortion issue.

Bad news for the Tories — the abortion issue comes roaring back

This is why he never opened the debate. he wanted to stay in power. Supreme court my ass.

New poll shows most Canadians support abortion — with some restrictions | National Post

you are the only one living in the past in the old supreme court decision. As if they cannot draft others laws and bills. As if the judges are still the same.

Answer me. Who appoints the judges?
    Why does Trudeau refuse to appoint anyone who is anti-abortion?

quoting salafis and confusing pills and abortions. Sperms and fetus. lol

Last edited:
    Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    yawn ...
    educate yourself. I worked on the abortion issue.

Bad news for the Tories — the abortion issue comes roaring back

This is why he never opened the debate. he wanted to stay in power. Supreme court my ass.

New poll shows most Canadians support abortion — with some restrictions | National Post

you are the only one living in the past in the old supreme court decision. As if they cannot draft others laws and bills. As if the judges are still the same.

Answer me. Who appoints the judges?
    Why does Trudeau refuse to appoint anyone who is anti-abortion?

quoting salafis and confusing pills and abortions. Sperms and fetus. lol
    No you need to educate yourself, you are like the KKK in the 21st century working on something past due.

You have a big problem making a difference between Charter and what population wants, if 100% of the population want that all blacks be slave, do you think it will fly with the Charter.

You're suffering from the Lebanese syndrome: Little understanding of the meaning of Charters and Canadian values, skewing values to support your agenda.

And I asked you a question, you dodged if Harper never opened the debate because he wanted to stay in power that means people do not want that right? so not only values and charters do not want abortion, also the people do not want it, so guess who wants it, only you and Kmarthe...

And stop pulling articles from 2012, but even in your article of 2012 it says:

The poll found that 49% of Canadians think abortion “should be permitted whenever a woman decides she wants one.” Another 45% said abortion should “be permitted in certain circumstances.”

“What this says to me is that Canadians are generally supportive of a woman’s choice but they don’t want the choice to be taken frivolously,”

These were excerpts from the article you posted, you can actually read, but seriously do you read what you post, or you just google see a title and post it even though it is from 2012

How about get new polls
    Majority of Canadians support abortion pill approval for use after Health Canada took over two years: Poll | National Post
    Abortion Poll Results

Last edited:
    Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    No you need to educate yourself, you are like the KKK in the 21st century working on something past due.

You have a big problem making a difference between Charter and what population wants, if 100% of the population want that all blacks be slave, do you think it will fly with the Charter.

You're suffering from the Lebanese syndrom: Little understanding of the meaning of Charters and Canadian values.

And I asked you a question, you dodged if Harper never opened the debate because he wanted to stay in power that means people do not want that right? so not only values and charters do not want abortion, also the people do not want it, so guess who wants it, only you and Kmarthe...

And stop pulling articles from 2012, but even in your article of 2012 it says:

The poll found that 49% of Canadians think abortion “should be permitted whenever a woman decides she wants one.” Another 45% said abortion should “be permitted in certain circumstances.”

“What this says to me is that Canadians are generally supportive of a woman’s choice but they don’t want the choice to be taken frivolously,”

These were excerpts from the article you posted, you can actually read, but seriously do you read what you post, or you just google see a title and post it?
    From salafis to KKK :) which one? you think you are scaring me with personal attacks?

49 + 45 addesh? :) You do not understand that he could not implement his agenda and he had to choose his battles, because it will cost him votes. Do you know that Harper is pro capital punishment? who am i asking? of course you don't. Busy attacking []

As if governments do only what people want. All people want less taxes. Does the govt lower them?
    how many people wanted War in Iraq, Syria? Planes were sent anyways.

Supreme court 2al .... they passed bills that contradict the charters left and right.

Supreme court judges are appointed by the prime minister. Everything is flexible.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    From salafis to KKK :) which one? you think you are scaring me with personal attacks?

49 + 45 addesh? :) You do not understand that he could not implement his agenda and he had to choose his battles, because it will cost him votes. Do you know that Harper is pro capital punishment? who am i asking? of course you don't. Busy attacking []
    I gave you excerpts from your old poll to show that you still live in the past even in 2012 the supports was not there, now stop referring to old polls [], stick to the new polls. 62% approve the pill, but you want to live in the past
    As if governments do only what people want. All people want less taxes. Does the govt lower them?
    how many people wanted War in Iraq, Syria? Planes were sent anyways.l
    [] you said it not me, you said that he didn't want to open because people do not want it. So who [] wants it? you?

Supreme court 2al .... they passed bills that contradict the charters left and right..
    The Lebanese syndrome of I know everything and judges suck ass
    Supreme court judges are appointed by the prime minister. Everything is flexible.
    No they are not, they are appointed by the governments and only after one retires, so they are not put and removed everyday by the government. Besides they don't make decisions arbitrarly, this is not el kadi sakr, they deliberate and base judgements on studies, and they are respected all over the land, you do not see anybody saying they are biased, governments respect them and their decisions.
    Only a Lebanese person like you would reduce a role like the supreme court judge to an appointment by this or that government. Seeing things from the Lebanese scope of corruption.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    I gave you excerpts from your old poll to show that you still live in the past even in 2012 the supports was not there, now stop referring to old polls stupid, stick to the new polls. 62% approve the pill, but you want to live in the past

Ahbal you said it not me, you said that he didn't want to open because people do not want it. So who ****ing wants it? you?

The Lebanese syndrome of I know everything and judges suck ass

No they are not, they are appointed by the governments and only after one retires, so they are not put and removed everyday by the government. Besides they don't make decisions arbitrarly, this is not el kadi sakr, they deliberate and base judgements on studies, and they are respected all over the land, you do not see anybody saying they are biased, governments respect them and their decisions.
    Only a Lebanese person like you would reduce a role like the supreme court judge to an appointment by this or that government. Seeing things from the Lebanese scope of corruption.
    [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

the government appoints judges? hahaha who is the government?
    the parliament has no words in it. Only the cabinet.you know what is a cabinet?
    "he prime minister still has the final say on who becomes the candidate that is recommended to the governor general for appointment to the court."

I keep telling you the decision not to open the abortion the debate is caused by him loosing the votes.
    You keep repeating because of the supreme court.

Research how many laws were passed that contradict the charters. you will get your answer.

Abortions affect every person and if he dared opening the debate it would have costed him.
    Stop wasting my time :)

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    [/QUOTE]

the government appoints judges? hahaha who is the government?
    the parliament has no words in it. Only the cabinet.you know what is a cabinet?
    "he prime minister still has the final say on who becomes the candidate that is recommended to the governor general for appointment to the court."

I keep telling you the decision not to open the abortion the debate is caused by him loosing the votes.
    You keep repeating because of the supreme court.

Research how many laws were passed that contradict the charters. you will get your answer.

Abortions affect every person and if he dared opening the debate it would have costed him.
    Stop wasting my time :)[/QUOTE]
    Min jeb siret the parliament ghayrak
    LOL in Canada the government is the cabinet,[]
    Cabinet of Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    No they are not, they are appointed by the governments and only after one retires, so they are not put and removed everyday by the government.
    You clearly made a distinction between the govt and the prime minister.
    also judges are appointed, not put. By one government, not governmentS.

Hope you learnt a thing or two :) but i doubt it. busy comparing me to salafis

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    You clearly made a distinction between the govt and the prime minister.
    Hope you learnt a thing or two :) but i doubt it. busy comparing me to salafis
    bala satlane I said the government and you thought I said the parliament, scroll up and things are clear, now you are deflecting again but people can scroll up and read.. I am not comparing you to salafis, I said you remind of those living in the past and trying to prove something that is already not a discussion in society, jjust like that saudi kiddo