• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Cannabis virgin looking for help

• Thread starter الحرس الجمهوري
  • Start date
الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
So a friend of mine offered me a joint as a token of our friendship.
But I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to weed.

Should I be alone when smoking the joint?
Is it to safe smoke this with people around me? Does it cause hangover-like symptoms. I'd appreciate some guidance, thanks.

Disclaimer: I'm currently in Amsterdam so I'm not doing anything illegal.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Advertisement
  • mikeys71

mikeys71

So my friend of mine offered me a joint as a token of our friendship.

Is it to safe smoke this with people around me? Does it cause hangover-like symptoms. I'd appreciate some guidance, thanks.

Since you are in Amsterdam, I wouldn't smoke alone - assuming this is a foreign city for you. The first time one smokes weed is a unique experience for each person. You may feel incredibly happy / funny or sad / introspective. You may want to smoke with friends or loved ones you trust in case you get scared, nervous, or forget where you are. Some people do have hangover like symptoms - usually headache. Rarely does one get nauseous. In fact a lot of people smoke to help their hangovers so it is unlikely you'll have hangover like the ones you have with alcohol - but you could have some side effect. Definitley don't drive or operate any moving machinery once you've smoked - you may feel 100% norrmal but your reflexes are slow.

الحرس الجمهوري

الحرس الجمهوري

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Since you are in Amsterdam, I wouldn't smoke alone - assuming this is a foreign city for you. The first time one smokes weed is a unique experience for each person. You may feel incredibly happy / funny or sad / introspective. You may want to smoke with friends or loved ones you trust in case you get scared, nervous, or forget where you are. Some people do have hangover like symptoms - usually headache. Rarely does one get nauseous. In fact a lot of people smoke to help their hangovers so it is unlikely you'll have hangover like the ones you have with alcohol - but you could have some side effect. Definitley don't drive or operate any moving machinery once you've smoked - you may feel 100% norrmal but your reflexes are slow.
    That was very helpful, thanks. Is it true the high can last for up to 6 hours?
    Also, is there a risk I might blab out some secrets while high like drunk people do. I don't want to accidentally come out of the closet to my straight friends.

So excited to try my first joint :D

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So my friend of mine offered me a joint as a token of our friendship.

Don't do it.

mikeys71

mikeys71

Also, is there a risk I might blab out some secrets while high like drunk people do. I don't want to accidentally come out of the closet to my straight friends.

4 to 6 hours depend on how big the joint.usually and most of the time stoned people tend to tell the truth.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter

No it's not true, typically 2-3 hours. Also you don't lose control, you may get quite paranoid though especially regarding your secret and whether people already know or not :p.

Hope you enjoyed the experience

H

Hooksy

So a friend of mine offered me a joint as a token of our friendship.

Don't worry too much. Just chill, find yourself a nice setting (in a bar with live music, a circle of friends who are enjoying a drink together, or just a soothing river bank, beach, sunset, or even Van Gog museum whatever makes it best for you), just don't smoke it all by yourself or alone :)

Remember, don't panic! and don't over think about it.. go at it as if you're blowing a regular cig. Keep a bottle of water with you. IMO, since its your first time, it's better if the weed is sativa with not so high THC concentration.

Each to his own, but many 1st timers feel nothing at the beginning. Enjoy :)