Causes of Lebanon 1958 and 1975 Civil Wars

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
Even if the Muslims killed the gay dude, it would be the result of suppressed anger because of the fictional apartheid state Lebanese Christians created.
Dude cousins and brothers killed their sisters because they fell in love with a guy they didn’t approve of
One poor guy lost his penis
And that wasn’t long ago

• Advertisement
  • The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Dude cousins and brothers killed their sisters because they fell in love with a guy they didn’t approve of
    One poor guy lost his penis
    And that wasn’t long ago
    Brothers and cousins killed each other because they fell in love with the sister. Crime d'amour :p

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The economic story is not as simple as you portray it to be. Yes the Christian leaders did favor economic development in their areas but:
    - In pre-war Lebanon all the way back to Ottoman times the bulk of the economic activity happened mainly in and around Beirut
    - The educational activities of the Western Powers also focused on Beirut and surrounding parts of Mount Lebanon often leaving out the other areas behind
    - The deterioration of the nearby Syrian economy after independence hit the Bekaa and North more than any other area
    - The closure of the Palestinian border after the 1948 nakba also beset the South whose economy relied in part on Northern Palestine

So without any doing of the 1943-1975 Christian governance Beirut and part of Mount Lebanon already fared much better than the North, South and Bekaa. Proof of the matter is that in the latter areas the Christians themselves did not exactly prosper and were deprived equally of development. Jerd Jbeil, Bsharri, Akkar, El Hermel are all examples. The difference was that Muslim leaders milked the disparity rhetoric to no end and amplified it for obvious reasons.

And still, even with all of the above civil war only became a certainty with the introduction of weapons.
    The LNM, which, contrary to its opponents was multi-sectarian, fought to abolish sectarianism. It fought for a noble cause.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

The LNM, which, contrary to its opponents was multi-sectarian, fought to abolish sectarianism. It fought for a noble cause.
    It failed :)
    And this is coming from a person who's family was in the Lebanese Communist Party and with Kamal Jumblatt.

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    I have no problem with the cause, I have a huge problem with the method.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Anyone who thinks Lebanese Christians have a Western lifestyle should try to cohabit with their significant other in a Christian neighborhood.
    A friend of mine did it a few years ago. He was ratted on by his neighbors to the police.

If you're a gay guy, try walking hand in hand with your BF in Dekwaneh or Ain el Remmaneh...

Lebanese Christians have nothing to do with the West. They're as progressive as Belarusians and Moldovans! LOL
    If a Lebanese Christian women gets pregnant before marriage, her family would disown her.

They're that retarded. But they keep blabbering on and on about how culturally different they are than the rest of the Levant, only because their skirts go a few inches higher above their knees.
    You obviously don't know or have many Christians in your social circle. Lebanese Christians are more open minded on certain issues than you think. As a whole Lebanese Christians are definitely conservative as a society (and who said they should follow liberalism, look what that has brought to Europe), but they are definitely closer to the West than to their Muslim neighbours. And that's true for ALL Middle Eastern Christians. Do you think they feel more at home in Baghdad, Tehran, Ryad, Nabatieh or in Paris, Sydney or California? Not saying they are Western per se, but they definitely feel closer to them than to their Muslim neighbours who are totally incompatible to them. And that's why Middle Eastern Christians not only easily integrate but become very successful in the West.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    how would Muslims react to the instances you’ve listed ?
    Try estimate the casualties...
    Who’s the retard now?
    Tunisia is more progressive than Lebanon and it's a Muslim-majority country.

As a whole Lebanese Christians are definitely conservative as a society (and who said they should follow liberalism, look what that has brought to Europe), but they are definitely closer to the West than to their Muslim neighbours. And that's true for ALL Middle Eastern Christians.

That's Middle Eastern Christians for you:

In Lebanon's Bekaa Valley, a young Christian man was reportedly absolved of killing his sister because of her "ambiguous behavior toward a local schoolmaster.

Dad slaughters Christian daughter after she vows to convert to Islam.
    Dad 'slaughters Christian daughter after she vows to convert to Islam for lag boyfriend'

Mayor of Dekwaneh forces gay residents to strip naked and be photographed
    http://yalibnan.com/2013/04/24/mayo...residents-to-strip-naked-and-be-photographed/

Christians demand harsh actions against poet Mustapha Sbeity for insulting Virgin Mary on Facebook.
    Lebanon

Crystal Abou Shakra was poisoned to death by her ex-husband, who she had divorced due to his acts of violence towards her.
    Woman Dies of Poisoning, Husband Held for Questioning

Lebanon bans The Nun for offending Christianity
    Lebanon bans The Nun for offending Christianity - Georgi Azar[/QUOTE]

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

In Lebanon's Bekaa Valley, a young Christian man was reportedly absolved of killing his sister because of her "ambiguous behavior toward a local schoolmaster.

Dad 'slaughters Christian daughter after she vows to convert to Islam for lag boyfriend'

http://yalibnan.com/2013/04/24/mayo...residents-to-strip-naked-and-be-photographed/

Christians demand harsh actions against poet Mustapha Sbeity for insulting Virgin Mary on Facebook.
    Lebanon

Crystal Abou Shakra was poisoned to death by her ex-husband, who she had divorced due to his acts of violence towards her.

Lebanon bans The Nun for offending Christianity - Georgi Azar

Extremely isolated and remote incidents, especially the second one. What you don't understand is that many Lebanese Christians are irreligious but are still strictly connected to their Christian identity. For us, being Christian is not just an independent Christian religious identity, but a separated ethnic identity different from the region's Muslims. We see ourselves as an ethno-religious group completely unrelated to Muslims, even if they are neighbours. We don't feel any sort of connection whatsoever to them. We first feel connected to other MENA Christians because they share our struggle, and then to Western societies that despite cultural difference still feel much closer and safer for us.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Lebanon

Lebanon bans The Nun for offending Christianity - Georgi Azar
    []
    You have a hate for the christians and with passion.
    With all these crimes by as you say the christians we are nothing compared to you infidels and ants on this earth. You have plagued our country and every country with your islamic terrorism and you dare come here and show us some cases of christians killing or doing crime.

You are pathetic. Wake up bro i feel sorry for you seriously. You want to say that ME christians who are a minority like 25 million people at most are worse than the muslims who are 350 million people? All the wars in the ME is due to your communities.
    Your a hypocrite aslan. One of those insects who live in our areas, go to our schools and then deep down hate us. Fi ktir mennoun don't worry we know. we are not fooled by your types aslan.

Last edited by a moderator:
    light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    Really being a traitor and destroying your country
    The Muslims PM was very powerful before 1975
    Karame imposed the Cairo deal in 1969
    It is true the Maronite President was the most powerful but Christians treated Muslim much better in a prosperous Lebanon independent 1943/1975
    Than Muslims rule 1990/2005 which was a subjected corrupted country
    Karameh wasn’t in Cairo agreement. He didn’t go pretending he was sick.
    Who signed the Cairo agreement was general Emile bouatani el khayin. The last one wanted to be the next president after Charles helou el khayin this is the major point.
    Second Maybe Karameh felt or did Know what will happen there in Cairo that’s why he refused indirectly to go. Karameh was very smart guy.
    Even gamal Abdel nasser said to general Emile boustani, « I don’t want you to give Arafat all these tanazoulat. I am astonished ». I will tell you why coz on time as now KSA wants to lead the Sunnis not ?? Egypt. Yasser Arafat was a saoudi tool to diminish nasser power as pan Arabic leader. Remember that Nasser said to KSA king that petrol is not for KSA it is for all Arab countries.

Not only our internal differences were a cause also the outside interference are the main problems in Lebanon. We need watanieh Loubannieh and
    Mouatinieh loubnanieh not affiliation to other countries. The same
    Story since fakher el dine.

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    The main culprits of the civil war can be summarized into three.

- Israel and the kissinger plan;

- the christian political and economical marginalization of muslims under a system of governance that unfairly empowered christians over muslims;

- the palestinian presence in Lebanon.

Your post put the lion’s share of the blame on Palestinians and the Lebanese muslims who supported them while ignoring everything else. Not only is your analysis historically inaccurate, but is rooted in the air of superiority that many Lebanese christians still suffer from today.
    I agree with you but marginalization was not Christians toward Muslims. I repeat in Lebanon there is el tabakieh wa taba3ieh we are maronites middle class not leftist. We’ve felt descrimination even in our féodal mentality family. If you are not a follower as we were you will not live in Lebanon as it is now. Plz don’t repeat wrong information maybe coz you didn’t live that coz u r not maronite. The racism is not only maronite people but in every fraction of Lebanese people.

But of course the major issue was hades Assad Kissinger agreement in 1971. The second and the most important issue the security of Israel Camp David in 1978.
    The internal Lebanese problems will be resolved as usual coz st the end the same people divided in different religions living on the same land.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Karameh wasn’t in Cairo agreement. He didn’t go pretending he was sick.
    Who signed the Cairo agreement was general Emile bouatani el khayin. The last one wanted to be the next president after Charles helou el khayin this is the major point.
    Second Maybe Karameh felt or did Know what will happen there in Cairo that’s why he refused indirectly to go. Karameh was very smart guy.
    Even gamal Abdel nasser said to general Emile boustani, « I don’t want you to give Arafat all these tanazoulat. I am astonished ». I will tell you why coz on time as now KSA wants to lead the Sunnis not ?? Egypt. Yasser Arafat was a saoudi tool to diminish nasser power as pan Arabic leader. Remember that Nasser said to KSA king that petrol is not for KSA it is for all Arab countries.

Not only our internal differences were a cause also the outside interference are the main problems in Lebanon. We need watanieh Loubannieh and
    Mouatinieh loubnanieh not affiliation to other countries. The same
    Story since fakher el dine.
    The issue is that the christians aren't able to live with the 'other'. :)
    He could be the best in the world just not able to live with them.

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    Lebanese Muslims are the traitor ones for standing with their neighbours but the ones who invited these filth are the good patriots :cow:

Thx beautiful old pictures of our lovable country.

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    This has been a hard decision for me to make, but I would like to come out as an SNNP sympathizer. I hope you guys accept me for what I am.
    You are and you were one of us as Lebanese pride is.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

[]
    You have a hate for the christians and with passion.
    With all these crimes by as you say the christians we are nothing compared to you infidels and ants on this earth. You have plagued our country and every country with your islamic terrorism and you dare come here and show us some cases of christians killing or doing crime.

You are pathetic. Wake up bro i feel sorry for you seriously. You want to say that ME christians who are a minority like 25 million people at most are worse than the muslims who are 350 million people? All the wars in the ME is due to your communities.
    Your a hypocrite aslan. One of those insects who live in our areas, go to our schools and then deep down hate us. Fi ktir mennoun don't worry we know. we are not fooled by your types aslan.
    lmao he went to Google and typed Lebanese Christian crimes and paste them here. As if crimes don't happen in any society. Bro ma t3azzib 7alak, they are intellectually feeble and pathetic, else keno 3emlo mojtama3 7adare la elon abel ma yettalla3o 3ala ghayron. Bi 3isho bi ghabe w bi loumo ghayron.

I know a friend who's like that, would get jealous when you get successful and instead of increasing his standards and improving himself to reach your level of success, no he wants to drag you down to his level to even the playing field. Parasitic and lame.

Last edited by a moderator:
    The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Kamal Jumblatt thought he would abolish the Christians by establishing Secularism. Read his books, his Christian hate is well apparent.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

lmao he went to Google and typed Lebanese Christian crimes and paste them here. As if crimes don't happen in any society. Bro ma t3azzib 7alak, they are intellectually feeble and pathetic, else keno 3emlo mojtama3 7adare la elon abel ma yettalla3o 3ala ghayron. Bi 3isho bi ghabe w bi loumo ghayron.

I know a friend who's like that, would get jealous when you get successful and instead of increasing his standards and improving himself to reach your level of success, no he wants to drag you down to his level to even the playing field. Parasitic and lame.
    There's many heike. :)
    Why do you think the shia birth rates have gone down? It is due to them trying to copy everything we do. I have no issue with that BUT saying that we are killers and we are criminals goes too far. We the christians defended ourselves and we will do it again if the time came. They tried to overtake the country and they tried to change the regime. They couldn't do any of it. They kneeled and kissed the occupier while he was killing, damaging, raping our people and institutions. They tried to buy our lands and push us out (with the help of some christian traitors) and they couldn't. They tried and continue to try to make the christians yez7a2o from Lebanon and they can't. Most of the christians are tied to the country. The christians didn't just come from Jarabia to this country they are this country and especially the maronites.