Causes of Lebanon 1958 and 1975 Civil Wars

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
The distribution of political offices on the basis of confessionalism is the antithesis of a secular democracy. So if you think religion and state are separated, I suggest you get your head examined.
Said the aoumeh soureh, whose ideology states a leader for life. That's democracy. Lol

Reeva Simon writes: "the party's 'leader for life', was an admirer of Adolf Hitler influenced by Nazi and fascist ideology".The party adopted a reversed swastika as the party's symbol, sang the party's anthem to Deutschland über alles, and included developing the cult of a leader, advocating totalitarian government, and glorifying an ancient pre-Christian past and the organic whole of the Syrian Volk or nation.

• Advertisement
  • Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

Said the aoumeh soureh, whose ideology states a leader for life. That's democracy. Lol

Reeva Simon writes: "the party's 'leader for life', was an admirer of Adolf Hitler influenced by Nazi and fascist ideology".The party adopted a reversed swastika as the party's symbol, sang the party's anthem to Deutschland über alles, and included developing the cult of a leader, advocating totalitarian government, and glorifying an ancient pre-Christian past and the organic whole of the Syrian Volk or nation.
    Such ideologies are dangerous. Seems SSNP and Kataeb had a lot in common, particularly in their admiration for Hitler and the Nazis.

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    Chill guys
    When duty calls Lebanese Commies and SSNP Nazis will eventually sit in the same bunker. :D:D:D

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    Such ideologies are dangerous. Seems SSNP and Kataeb had a lot in common, particularly in their admiration for Hitler and the Nazis.
    You see that you have no clue.

Kataeb believes in a state, parliament, constitution.

Ssnp just like nazism: leader for life, no parliament.

I thought you believed in tenets of SSNP.

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    The distribution of political offices on the basis of confessionalism is the antithesis of a secular democracy. So if you think religion and state are separated, I suggest you get your head examined.
    Merci lal i7tiram. Koulna fi el a3raf which we can change them.

Le منشار

Le منشار

Thank you. I'm not sectarian. I'm just not afraid to state things as they are.
    I'm of the opinion that Maronites provoked the civil war. But that doesn't mean I believe all Maronites are bad people. I've met a few decent ones.
    No no no !! with LVV it doesn't go like that, you should always agree to whatever he says, else he will label you a "terrorist".:lol:
    stating facts doesn't cut it, mish ma2boul.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Natural Syria 7ayyeh fina.
    Syria was and remains 1547166594971.png fina.

Like most, your lived or inherited war memories must have clouded your judgment. Much of what you claim about that era resonates classical seventies leftist/PLO mantra of the type 'falyasqot wa7ed men foq'.

Thank you. I'm not sectarian. I'm just not afraid to state things as they are.
    I'm of the opinion that Maronites provoked the civil war. But that doesn't mean I believe all Maronites are bad people. I've met a few decent ones.
    Apart from the war activities where they retaliated by killing innocent unarmed civilian muslims, the only one HUGE mistake Christians (Maronites) committed was putting their signature under Cairo agreement.

Second to that comes not foreseeing the build-up of the coming tornado caused by the political imbalance, and their reluctance to do something about it when they still had the upper hand,

Muki

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    Apart from the war activities where they retaliated by killing innocent unarmed civilian muslims, the only one HUGE mistake Christians (Maronites) committed was putting their signature under Cairo agreement.

Second to that comes not foreseeing the build-up of the coming tornado caused by the political imbalance, and their reluctance to do something about it when they still had the upper hand,
    They were too busy fighting over a damn chair.

Muki

Muki

Orange Room Supporter

They keep calling Kataeb Nazis or similar to Nazis, just because Pierre Gemayel Sr. was impressed by Hitler's organizational skills when it came to his political party and political efforts, and sought to implement the same discipline and organization in his party in Lebanon.

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    They keep calling Kataeb Nazis or similar to Nazis, just because Pierre Gemayel Sr. was impressed by Hitler's organizational skills when it came to his political party and political efforts, and sought to implement the same discipline and organization in his party in Lebanon.
    No by Don Franco phalanges not like antoun saadeh SSNP is hilter’s way.

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

Kataeb believe in Christian empowerment at the expense of others. They are living in the past, that's why they are an endangered species.

Again, just because it happens that I share some of their tenets doesn't mean I am SSNP. The Sykes-Picot Agreement was the worst thing that happened to the middle east. We're still paying the price for the mess the colonialists left behind. Though I believe Lebanon is an artificial nation, I do not support its merging into a greater Syria. Too late for redrawing maps and the chaos that would ensue. I'm an advocate of an independent Lebanon with a secular democracy, free of the confessional system.

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Lebanon_not_Arabic

The Sykes-Picot Agreement was the worst thing that happened to the middle east.
    Sykes-Picot restored our distinct entity.

We're still paying the price for the mess the colonialists left behind.
    .... but nothing about the mess of the Ottoman colonialists who stayed for 400 years.

I'm an advocate of an independent Lebanon with a secular democracy, free of the confessional system.
    In order to advocate for a secular democracy, free of the confessional system, you have to apply it in the whole Arab world.

Last edited:
    Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

Sykes-Picot restored our distinct entity.

.... but nothing about the mess of the Ottoman colonialists who stayed for 400 years.

In order to advocate for a secular democracy, free of the confessional system, you have to apply it in the whole Arab world.
    Sure, because your distinct identity is French. If you speak arabic, you're an arab. If you live in the middle east, chances are you're an arab if you're not a European Israeli. Of course, that is unless you want to formulate a new language á la Said Akl.

And before the ottomans, the islamic empire, before that the holy roman empire... Shall we just go back to paganism? Perhaps its best since it predates both Christianity and Islam.

In other words, you want to follow the example of Saudi Arabia and the rest of those clowns. Although, judging from the clowns in our country, I wouldn't be too surprised if one day we look up and find Saudi Arabia more democratic than us. After all, some African nations have shed behind their tribal mentality. Something we are still struggling to do in Lebanon.

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Sure, because your distinct identity is French.
    My identity is Lebanese, my distinct identity is Lebanese Christian.

If you speak arabic, you're an arab.
    and if one day Persia or China occupy us and impose their language, we will become Persians or Chinese.

If you live in the middle east, chances are you're an arab if you're not a European Israeli.
    I could also be a Cypriot, a Turk or an Iranian.

Of course, that is unless you want to formulate a new language á la Said Akl.
    w leych la2? ba3d baddna chwayy w mnousalla.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    Kataeb believe in Christian empowerment at the expense of others. They are living in the past, that's why they are an endangered species.

Again, just because it happens that I share some of their tenets doesn't mean I am SSNP. The Sykes-Picot Agreement was the worst thing that happened to the middle east. We're still paying the price for the mess the colonialists left behind. Though I believe Lebanon is an artificial nation, I do not support its merging into a greater Syria. Too late for redrawing maps and the chaos that would ensue. I'm an advocate of an independent Lebanon with a secular democracy, free of the confessional system.
    Kataebs are relatively a progressive party.
    I am not a fan and regardless of their popularity.

Again you are spitting out way too many cliches together, to the point of ambiguity.

Kataeb are from the past but Ssnp based on pre christ Syria are towards the future?
    Or HA preparing for the anti christ?
    How about a party based on Neanderthals?

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Lol.. visionary that had to go back thousands of years in the past to define a geographical area and a nation, and restored to assassinations and coups to reach his goals. That's very visionary.

Yalleh byesma3ak 3am te7keh 3an el SSNP bifakrak bteshteghil bi Human Rights Watch aw kenet eedo el yameen la Ghandi. Tlo3et fata el Kataeb LOL

It's fine to criticize SSNP, but when you compare it to Nazism while praising the Kataeb you lose all your credibility.
    When it comes to committing atrocities and human rights abuses, SSNP's crimes are a drop in the ocean compared to Kataeb's. If there's one party that followed the Nazi model of ethnic cleansing, it's the Kataeb! Just listen to Bachir's speeches. They are a copy of Hitler's speeches, except he replaced the word Jews with Palestinians.

People who hold a murderous party in high esteem are the last people to lecture about the state and constitution.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Sure, because your distinct identity is French. If you speak arabic, you're an arab. If you live in the middle east, chances are you're an arab if you're not a European Israeli. Of course, that is unless you want to formulate a new language á la Said Akl.

And before the ottomans, the islamic empire, before that the holy roman empire... Shall we just go back to paganism? Perhaps its best since it predates both Christianity and Islam.

In other words, you want to follow the example of Saudi Arabia and the rest of those clowns. Although, judging from the clowns in our country, I wouldn't be too surprised if one day we look up and find Saudi Arabia more democratic than us. After all, some African nations have shed behind their tribal mentality. Something we are still struggling to do in Lebanon.

Many Armenians in Lebanon speak only Arabic, are they Arabs now? Assyrians from Mosul speak only Arabic, are they Arabs? Copts speak only Arabic, are they Arabs?!

Christians from the Levant are the same, not only do we have our own identity but we were also SEEN and identified as a separate group of people by the Arabs and Muslims themselves. Heck, Maronites spoke Aramaic in the Zagharta/Bsharre area up until the late 1800s, it was thought in schools until the early 1900s. The Greek Orthodox and Melkites were classified as Rûms not only by their Arab Muslim neighbours but also by the Ottomans themselves. And now we have science that proved our DNA is almost 100% Canaanite.

So please, I know you want so bad the Middle East to be a monolithic Arab-Muslim entity, but we the native peoples of our regions are fully aware of our origins and we're definitely not going to identify with a group of people just because they imposed their language on us.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    Yalleh byesma3ak 3am te7keh 3an el SSNP bifakrak bteshteghil bi Human Rights Watch aw kenet eedo el yameen la Ghandi. Tlo3et fata el Kataeb LOL

It's fine to criticize SSNP, but when you compare it to Nazism while praising the Kataeb you lose all your credibility.
    When it comes to committing atrocities and human rights abuses, SSNP's crimes are a drop in the ocean compared to Kataeb's. If there's one party that followed the Nazi model of ethnic cleansing, it's the Kataeb! Just listen to Bachir's speeches. They are a copy of Hitler's speeches, except he replaced the word Jews with Palestinians.

People who hold a murderous party in high esteem are the last people to lecture about the state and constitution.
    It's a good time to be ssnp and HA. Don't miss your chance. The mercenaries are promised rewards.

Bashar-SSNP.jpg