Causes of Lebanon 1958 and 1975 Civil Wars

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Lovely symbol, something between a citrus reamer, a dildo and boat propeller.
This has been a hard decision for me to make, but I would like to come out as an SNNP sympathizer. I hope you guys accept me for what I am.

• Advertisement
  • Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    there was nothing beautiful about the war. but the people were better cultured, more refined, friendlier, there was still a Lebanese culture in Lebanon. now it is a big ugly mush of everything. people have changed, they are now less refined, emptier, more arrogant, etc.. quite a tragedy that we have lost now what we preserved even during the ugliest war.
    I beg to add something positive :)

The most beautiful thing during the war was hope and dreams.
    We were hoping and longing to end the war and meet the other Lebanese and start building.

Happiness is driven by expectations and hope. We were happy driven by hope.

Only to find out the sour reality ..

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    This has been a hard decision for me to make, but I would like to come out as an SNNP sympathizer. I hope you guys accept me for what I am.
    Manifesto: hi my name is manifesto and I am a ssnp sympathizer
    Group: hi manifesto.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    I beg to add something positive :)

The most beautiful thing during the war was hope and dreams.
    We were hoping and longing to end the war and meet the other Lebanese and start building.

Happiness is driven by expectations and hope. We were happy driven by hope.

Only to find out the sour reality ..
    The beauty in tragedy, it creates passionate people!

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    In the sense that it’s an artificial country. After all, the borders were drawn by North Europeans. Under the Ottomans, Mount Lebanon was just a subdivision of modern day Lebanon. The French Mandate took other areas and lumped them together, much like they did with the Arab tribes. If anything, the inhabitants of Mount Lebanon shared more culture with modern day Syria than some of our coastal areas and south of Lebanon. Many of the differences you see now between Lebanon and Syria came after the French Mandate.

It’s simply a fact that Lebanon did not come together organically as opposed to many European nations, Egypt, Turkey, and Iran as nearby examples. I'm pretty sure foreigners also drew borders around some of the countries I mentioned, but their boundaries made more sense than our khabeesa.
    Like the Arab-Israeli conflict, the Lebanese civil war was just another post-Colonial mess.

A costly mistake we're still paying the price for.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Forget about SSNP and all these nationalist ideologies..

Speaking about beauty wouldn't it be beautiful to be able to visit Aaka, Jafa, Damascus and Jerusalem etc. like going to any city in Lebanon?
    Wouldn't it be a beautiful thing to have the freedom of movement in our region?

If you want to know the causes of the war instead of pointing at each others you should be pointing at these fake apartheid states!

The problem is we are all greedy and always wanted more.. it wasn't enough with a little house with a garden or a tiny house with a magnificent mountain view! That was too boring I guess and now we are all just longing to go back!

This regions has a true beauty.. only problem many people do not want to explore it they want to keep themselves enclosed!

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Like the Arab-Israeli conflict, the Lebanese civil war was just another post-Colonial mess.

A costly mistake we're still paying the price for.
    Well isn't that true everywhere? Look how India was partitioned?
    partitions that created some really ugly civil wars!

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Well isn't that true everywhere? Look how India was partitioned?
    partitions that created some really ugly civil wars!
    Maybe, bas el Hindus mish hayneen kamen.
    Our fellow Muslim brothers have suffered immensely throughout history starting with the Cursaders (Allah la ywaffe2on), Bosnia, and now Myanmar...

It's God's way of testing their faith.

Nonan

Nonan

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Forget about SSNP and all these nationalist ideologies..

Speaking about beauty wouldn't it be beautiful to be able to visit Aaka, Jafa, Damascus and Jerusalem etc. like going to any city in Lebanon?
    Wouldn't it be a beautiful thing to have the freedom of movement in our region?

If you want to know the causes of the war instead of pointing at each others you should be pointing at these fake apartheid states!

The problem is we are all greedy and always wanted more.. it wasn't enough with a little house with a garden or a tiny house with a magnificent mountain view! That was too boring I guess and now we are all just longing to go back!

This regions has a true beauty.. only problem many people do not want to explore it they want to keep themselves enclosed!
    Imagine there’s no countries... imagine there’s no religion... in the words of John Lennon, the world would be as one, a brotherhood (sisterhood) of man (and woman)...
    But just as he said « imagine », unfortunately, the closest we can get to this is the European Union where countries that viciously fought each other for centuries suddenly achieved near utopia of open borders... but even that is currently under attack...

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

lal asaf we are still talking about the civil war and we cant even build our country. Our country will stay the same. Its a loser country and that is due to muslims and christians.

CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
    You
    Maybe, bas el Hindus mish hayneen kamen.
    Our fellow Muslim brothers have suffered immensely throughout history starting with the Cursaders (Allah la ywaffe2on), Bosnia, and now Myanmar...

It's God's way of testing their faith.
    are ssnp and you speak in a sectarian way
    Anyway I accept you as you are

CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
    The Popes in the Middle Ages
    Said to the Maronites
    You are a Rose ? among the thorns
    This explain the whole problem and civil wars
    People are still upset that Christians are free in Lebanon and having a western style of living

Le منشار

Le منشار

the crusaders destroyed Lebanon like they did to Syria and all Arab countries. The purpose of Lebanon's destruction was so that israel could gain more geographical expansion

CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
    the crusaders destroyed Lebanon like they did to Syria and all Arab countries. The purpose of Lebanon's destruction was so that israel could gain more geographical expansion
    The Islamists and Isis destroyed Syria and Iraq

D

Deleted member 73465

Lebanese Muslims are the traitor ones for standing with their neighbours but the ones who invited these filth are the good patriots :cow:

Big mistake true. But don’t separate one decision from the other. What was the cause of inviting these? It’s like self-pitying sabra and chatila (with all its atrocities) without looking what caused it.

We can go on and on. I think the fate of our country (And the region) will stay the same. Some will go up others will go down.

D

Deleted member 73465

Go to ABC and see the Customers
    80 percent Christians
    Most Important Class people are in Abc achrafieh and dabieh ; also highest renting are there
    We need each other that’s true
    But Muslims should be patriotic and stop being complexed by Christians
    See HA Supporters attacking Bassil who defended them all over the world
    Nazaata bel ekher. Why everyone in Tayyar is trying to promote this kid. He’s a j**k. Changing his look doesn’t change his mind

Le منشار

Le منشار

The Islamists and Isis destroyed Syria and Iraq
    Yes they had F-16s, F-15s, MIG-35s, SU-30s, GBUs and ballistic missiles and they bombed themselves using them, to destroy the whole Arab and Muslim world.
    hey, you're not fooling anyone no matter how much you shout and threat. You are nothing but a failed, warrant state that has a difficult time to deal with a simple storm. I won't be surprised if one Lebanese politician would blame the storm on Syrian refugees. Refugees which your crusader friends helped displace them to your precious country Lebanon.

Last edited:
    AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You

are ssnp and you speak in a sectarian way
    Anyway I accept you as you are
    Thank you. I'm not sectarian. I'm just not afraid to state things as they are.

I'm of the opinion that Maronites provoked the civil war. But that doesn't mean I believe all Maronites are bad people. I've met a few decent ones.

CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
    Yes they had F-16s, F-15s, MIG-35s, SU-30s, GBUs and ballistic missiles and they bombed themselves using them, to destroy the whole Arab and Muslim world.
    hey, you're not fooling anyone no matter how much you shout and threat. You are nothing but a failed, warrant state that has a difficult time to deal with a simple storm. I won't be surprised if one Lebanese politician would blame the storm on Syrian refugees. Refugees which your crusader friends helped displace them to your precious country Lebanon.
    Syria was destroyed by Islamists before the Crusader intervention
    Again I m asking
    Do you condemn Isis Terrorists killings of people all around the World
    Do you condemn Terrorists
    Is the Terrorist Baghdadi the Leader Of Isis à Criminal