Causes of Lebanon 1958 and 1975 Civil Wars

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

Syria was destroyed by Islamists before the Crusader intervention
Again I m asking
Do you condemn Isis Terrorists killings of people all around the World
Do you condemn Terrorists
Is the Terrorist Baghdadi the Leader Of Isis à Criminal
ISIS and the Crusaders have a lot in common. Brutal and barbaric, similar goals, and complete failures.

Apart from that, a slight error I must correct. Syria was destroyed by U.S. backed terrorists before almighty Putin intervened.

You may go on now with your crusade.

• Advertisement
  • Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm also stating facts. Pre civil-war, Christian-ruled Lebanon was the financial center of the Middle East, and had a pib per capita higher than Israel and on pair with some European countries even.
    Again, this with a 50% Muslim population trying to sabotage the country at all costs. Do you think that's easy to accomplish?!
    It's easy to project an image of wealth when you plunder the country's riches and empower your own sect at the expense of others.
    Solidere anyone?
    Maronite leaders worked on enriching Christian areas, leaving the Bekaa and the South completely neglected.

Lebanese Christians have proved they can successfully self rule.
    If there were no Muslims in Lebanon, Christians would be fighting each other.
    The civil war had its share of inter-sectarian fighting. (Kataev vs Ahrar, Ouwwet vs Aoun)...

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    ISIS and the Crusaders have a lot in common. Brutal and barbaric, similar goals, and complete failures.

Apart from that, a slight error I must correct. Syria was destroyed by U.S. backed terrorists before almighty Putin intervened.

History will remember Putin and Bachar as the heroes who saved the Levant from Islamism.

Sunnis should start behaving. Their Saudi masters got their ass kicked by Russia, and Trump doesn't give a damn about them.
    They better behave or we'll send them packing to Arabia.

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

History will remember Putin and Bachar as the heroes who saved the Levant from Islamism.

Sunnis should start behaving. Their Saudi masters got their ass kicked by Russia, and Trump doesn't give a damn about them.
    They better behave or we'll send them packing to Arabia.
    Totally agreed. It speaks volumes when their leader is a douchebag like MBS, Trump's greatest ally. Trump may be milking him for money. But the State Department is grooming him to establish diplomatic relations with Israel.

Mukifesto2

Mukifesto2

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You guys are drifting off-topic discussing Syria's civil war.
    Please stay on-topic.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Between ISIS/Islamists and 'Crusaders' , only one of them are making wars and killing people in the name of their religion. I don't need to tell which one is.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

It's easy to project an image of wealth when you plunder the country's riches and empower your own sect at the expense of others.
    Solidere anyone?
    Maronite leaders worked on enriching Christian areas, leaving the Bekaa and the South completely neglected.

The civil war had its share of inter-sectarian fighting. (Kataev vs Ahrar, Ouwwet vs Aoun)...

Perhaps. But Muslims were still living better than any Arab or Muslim country at the time.

If there were no Muslims in Lebanon, it literally would be a paradise.

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    Solidere anyone?

The economic story is not as simple as you portray it to be. Yes the Christian leaders did favor economic development in their areas but:
    - In pre-war Lebanon all the way back to Ottoman times the bulk of the economic activity happened mainly in and around Beirut
    - The educational activities of the Western Powers also focused on Beirut and surrounding parts of Mount Lebanon often leaving out the other areas behind
    - The deterioration of the nearby Syrian economy after independence hit the Bekaa and North more than any other area
    - The closure of the Palestinian border after the 1948 nakba also beset the South whose economy relied in part on Northern Palestine

So without any doing of the 1943-1975 Christian governance Beirut and part of Mount Lebanon already fared much better than the North, South and Bekaa. Proof of the matter is that in the latter areas the Christians themselves did not exactly prosper and were deprived equally of development. Jerd Jbeil, Bsharri, Akkar, El Hermel are all examples. The difference was that Muslim leaders milked the disparity rhetoric to no end and amplified it for obvious reasons.

And still, even with all of the above civil war only became a certainty with the introduction of weapons.

Mukifesto2

Mukifesto2

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    If there were no Muslims in Lebanon, it literally would be a paradise.
    I don't think you can claim "paradise" -- that's wishful thinking.
    Latin America is composed of Christian countries who aren't doing too well.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

I don't think you can claim "paradise" -- that's wishful thinking.
    Latin America is composed of Christian countries who aren't doing too well.
    Have you considered the fact that Latin Americans and Lebanese are different people with different values, culture and behavior?

Mukifesto2

Mukifesto2

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Have you considered the fact that Latin Americans and Lebanese are different people with different values, culture and behavior?
    Yes.
    I also know many Hispanics, who are Christian, that do well in the US, similar to Lebanese Christians. Corruption isn't a Muslim thing.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The Popes in the Middle Ages
    Said to the Maronites
    You are a Rose ? among the thorns
    This explain the whole problem and civil wars
    People are still upset that Christians are free in Lebanon and having a western style of living

Anyone who thinks Lebanese Christians have a Western lifestyle should try to cohabit with their significant other in a Christian neighborhood.
    A friend of mine did it a few years ago. He was ratted on by his neighbors to the police.

If you're a gay guy, try walking hand in hand with your BF in Dekwaneh or Ain el Remmaneh...

Lebanese Christians have nothing to do with the West. They're as progressive as Belarusians and Moldovans! LOL
    If a Lebanese Christian women gets pregnant before marriage, her family would disown her.

They're that retarded. But they keep blabbering on and on about how culturally different they are than the rest of the Levant, only because their skirts go a few inches higher above their knees.

Thawra # Furoshima

Thawra # Furoshima

Anyone who thinks Lebanese Christians have a Western lifestyle should try to cohabit with their significant other in a Christian neighborhood.
    A friend of mine did it a few years ago. He was ratted on by his neighbors to the police.

If you're a gay guy, try walking hand in hand with your BF in Dekwaneh or Ain el Remmaneh...

Lebanese Christians have nothing to do with the West. They're as progressive as Belarusians and Moldovans! LOL
    If a Lebanese Christian women gets pregnant before marriage, her family would disown her.

They're that retarded. But they keep blabbering on and on about how culturally different they are than the rest of the Levant, only because their skirts go a few inches higher above their knees.
    West have conservative people also
    Poles Russian half of USA
    Try to be a gay in Moscow

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

As opposed to Lebanese Muslims who are the beckon of civilization ma hek? And I don't want to emulate the West in everything. If you're that much of a hater, I suggest you live in Nabatieh or Dahieh and the GTFO of our areas. Try to live there and get a job as delivery 3al "motsick".

Mukifesto2

Mukifesto2

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    As opposed to Lebanese Muslims who are the beckon of civilization ma hek? And I don't want to emulate the West in everything. If you're that much of a hater, I suggest you live in Nabatieh or Dahieh and the GTFO of our areas. Try to live there and get a job as delivery 3al "motsick".
    Chicklets seller too.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I live somewhere you can't even dream to afford...
    You've probably even delivered me a pizza at one point. (3al motsick)

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

how would Muslims react to the instances you’ve listed ?
    Try estimate the casualties...
    Who’s the retard now?
    Even if the Muslims killed the gay dude, it would be the result of suppressed anger rooted in the fictional apartheid state Lebanese Christians created over 60 years ago.