• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CCE at AUB

• Advertisement
  • Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    Does Computer and Communication Engineering at AUB pay off well after graduation? as in more than 3 or 4 k per month?
    are we talking directly after graduation? then no.

After a couple of years (maybe 2-3) in the field with good experience -> yes

Does Computer and Communication Engineering at AUB pay off well after graduation? as in more than 3 or 4 k per month?
    i know a couple of people who started with more than that, but they were well connected people in the field which makes things rather easier. the average salary for fresh graduates would be a better indicator, and it is not 4K.

It can get you a consulting job for like 60k per year
    that is the exception and is true for less than 2% of the fresh graduates at best. most graduates with much less than that, i would guess around 2K per month.

universities should follow up with their graduates with anonymous surveys to figure out the average income per field and per years of experience,and make this data available to the public as this is also an important factor in choosing one's career.

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    that is the exception and is true for less than 2% of the fresh graduates at best. most graduates with much less than that, i would guess around 2K per month.

universities should follow up with their graduates with anonymous surveys to figure out the average income per field and per years of experience,and make this data available to the public as this is also an important factor in choosing one's career.
    In the US, the Bureau of Labor compiles and publishes this kind of statistics. Is there no equivalent in Lebanon to assume this kind of responsibility?

Its becomming more trendy than 2% with AUB engineering students specially with the booming of management consulting firms in the gulf region (Strategy houses, Tier 2, and Boutique Consulting). And a lot of these firms are opening shell companies based in Leb to attract these talents. I would say its around 10% of AUB Engineering fresh grads

Its becomming more trendy than 2% with AUB engineering students specially with the booming of management consulting firms in the gulf region (Strategy houses, Tier 2, and Boutique Consulting). And a lot of these firms are opening shell companies based in Leb to attract these talents. I would say its around 10% of AUB Engineering fresh grads
    Its the saddest thing to have a CCE degree and go work as a consultant on som benign project in the gulf just for the sake of money.

Let brilliant engineers do what they are meant to do, solving technical problems, or else expect your wuality of life and any other services to degrade because only the mediocre are left to work on it.

Instead of paying engineers lots of money to work as consultants and/or project managers give them the money to do their actual job..

U can find 10 other people to follow up when a contract is due..

Rant over and out :)