Change in Electoral Law??

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter
Like I said, HABerriHA are trying hard to steal Christian seats. And they will keep trying.
Because they have one goal and one goal only: take over Lebanon and establish an extension of Iran's Islamic Regime in Lebanon.

[....]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Advertisement
  • Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    one who votes for HA and Berri and u want to tell us your dont care about their politics. what bullshit man you try to pull. yeh u and ur type badoun full secular state. metel ma 2eltelak it wont happen and 7ata law the whole country goes to shits. let it break on top of everyones head.
    Wlak inta el namleh a2wa minnak. You always issue big threats about war and you display nostalgic statements about the civil war from thousands of miles away. You're 30% or less of the population. Be thankful for what you're given and allowed to keep. Dont think you'd drag the entire country down the sectarian pit forever. Khalas, we are tired of the sectarian mess. And this goes to all sectarianists, be they Christians or Muslims. Badna n3eesh ya sectarian pr***!

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter
    How nice would it be if Lebanon was an Islamic State? #nomoresectarianism

S

Sherlock

The idea of making Lebanon a single constituency is an attractive one, and also from a democratic point of view it is an appropriate in comparison to the size of Lebanon and the population. I wish to reach this level.

In practice, however, it is difficult to implement because the political parties are purely sectarian and therefore some sects will dominate others. Electoral law is simply a reflection of the status quo in society while trying to achieve fair representation to the fullest extent possible.

In general, making Lebanon a single constituency is possible if the Senate law is approved in based on Orthodox law with alot of powers in addition to the adoption of administrative decentralization.

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    wont pass. we are a country with 18 sects. Greece 7abibe doesnt have proportional on 1 district neither does Cyprus nor any country in the world. keep dreaming.
    Israeli elections are fully proportional.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

How nice would it be if Lebanon was an Islamic State? #nomoresectarianism
    that is what a law with 1 district proportional does... makes the country a islamic piece of crap. Also from an election law its illegal. why in the world would I as a person from Tripoli vote for a person from Baalbeck or Nabatiyeh or even Zahle?? they have nothing to do with me nor do they care for me. Each MP cares for his own local constituents. ekher hamme other areas. i care about my area and my area to be represented with men from my area chosen by the area not chosen my MP from Zahle or Nabatiyeh.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Yes. I don't know other countries who are like this. Germany is proportional mixed.
    HA and Amal they just want it as a single district to try to impose their will on us. At a time when this happens FPM and LF and FM and PSP will be against them. They as parties represent in the elections 28.9% of the voters not 55 not 45 not 35. They are 28.9% of the voters and this is all the voters voting. In these areas who can vote goes and votes.

HA got 296K and Amal 204K which is 500K from 1.8 mil which becomes even less and 27.7% of the vote. If you times it by 128 you get 35 MPs. So the shia duo influence not 27 but 35 MPs hence see the M8 team ( sunnis) they were able to help some of them become MPs.

Each election law you would have influence due to your population and this what HA and Amal want. not respecting what Lebanon is and why it was created aslan. heck if the christians are 40% of the vote then the christians take 50 odd MPs and the rest are muslims. wow they respected parity ktir. bunch of bullshit man.

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter
    HA and Amal they just want it as a single district to try to impose their will on us. At a time when this happens FPM and LF and FM and PSP will be against them. They as parties represent in the elections 28.9% of the voters not 55 not 45 not 35. They are 28.9% of the voters and this is all the voters voting. In these areas who can vote goes and votes.

HA got 296K and Amal 204K which is 500K from 1.8 mil which becomes even less and 27.7% of the vote. If you times it by 128 you get 35 MPs. So the shia duo influence not 27 but 35 MPs hence see the M8 team ( sunnis) they were able to help some of them become MPs.

Each election law you would have influence due to your population and this what HA and Amal want. not respecting what Lebanon is and why it was created aslan. heck if the christians are 40% of the vote then the christians take 50 odd MPs and the rest are muslims. wow they respected parity ktir. bunch of bullshit man.
    I expect the larger Shia demographics become, the more they will push for this.
    Guess what, they will get it. Because they are armed to the teeth, and they have Christian cover from FPM.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

I expect the larger Shia demographics become, the more they will push for this.
    Guess what, they will get it. Because they are armed to the teeth, and they have Christian cover from FPM.
    I dont think so. this will end FPM if they vote for it.

Reactions: LVV
    Aoune32!

Aoune32!

FPM is for fair christian participation and parity. they shouldnt and wouldnt agree to such a law. this law will have everyone against it even FM. FM knows if this law is in place they couldnt even get 10 MPs in Parliament. FPM built their whole case on fair christian electoral law where they can affect the number of MPs getting into Parliament. i dont see it happening.

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter
    FPM is for fair christian participation and parity. they shouldnt and wouldnt agree to such a law. this law will have everyone against it even FM. FM knows if this law is in place they couldnt even get 10 MPs in Parliament. FPM built their whole case on fair christian electoral law where they can affect the number of MPs getting into Parliament. i dont see it happening.
    I also think they're united with LF on this position, but if Bassil was intent on becoming President, then anything is possible.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Israeli elections are fully proportional.
    what should happen is this.

Tripoli/Minnieh/Dinnieh
    Akkar
    Batroun/Bcharre/Koura/Zgharta
    Baalbeck-Hermel
    West Bekaa
    Zahle
    Jbeil-Keserwen
    Metn
    Baabda
    Chouf-Aley
    Beirut into 2 as is now.
    Saida-Jezzine
    Zahrani-Tyre
    Marjeyoun-Hasbaya
    Nabatiyeh-Bent Jbeil
    full proportional no sectarian allotment but with guarantees like admin decentralisation and a senate. this should stay the law and never changed. each community will vote for its representative without feeling alienated or hard done by.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

I also think they're united with LF on this position, but if Bassil was intent on becoming President, then anything is possible.
    I dont think the chair is hal 2ade cheap. they are united with LF and so is all the christians with Bkerke also. it wont pass and shouldnt pass.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

just for example Karameh in Tripoli. he was voted in by his sunni voters in Tripoli not by HA or the shia in the South. why would he be aslan?? simply the law doesnt make sense nor is it done anywhere in the world. In Germany or even in Belgium you have different groups but you have proportional on the district level not as 1 country. These different groups want to be represented and not every 20 years that they become less their representation goes down.

The shia have always been part of Lebanon same as any other sect. no doubt. the creation of state the shia were 20% of Lebanon halla2 29-30% no problems. But that doesnt mean they can take over the country due to their numbers.

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Remember that Hezbollah supported the Orthodox Law. Also, I was watching OTV and it doesn't seem they are in board with Berri. They said the last law is what everyone thought was the best, and we should continue from this.

LVV

LVV

Wlak inta el namleh a2wa minnak. You always issue big threats about war and you display nostalgic statements about the civil war from thousands of miles away. You're 30% or less of the population. Be thankful for what you're given and allowed to keep. Dont think you'd drag the entire country down the sectarian pit forever. Khalas, we are tired of the sectarian mess. And this goes to all sectarianists, be they Christians or Muslims. Badna n3eesh ya sectarian pr***!
    Christians are 37 percent of the country
    But that not important
    Lebanon is 50/50
    Or less get a divorce
    The electoral law will not change

LVV

LVV

Let me say it if HA say Presidency for electoral law and Bassil go for it
    He will lose 80 percent of his supporters
    14 March with LF Harriri will have a majority even with one district
    They will be s backlash against FPM

LVV