• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Changing the Lebanese Political System: What are the Alternatives to the Present Sectarian System

JB81

Legendary Member
One option among others, turning Lebanon into full secular state where no party is allowed to follow certain religious rule. Laws made are all secular that equate every Lebanese with another; among such laws, marriage where no man is allowed to marry more than one woman...

Rafidi

Legendary Member
One option among others, turning Lebanon into full secular state where no party is allowed to follow certain religious rule. Laws made are all secular that equate every Lebanese with another; among such laws, marriage where no man is allowed to marry more than one woman...

How about impose that every man marries six wives? And women are also allowed to have more than a husband?

The limit if four wives is Islamic.

The limit of one wife is christian.

The secular law should impose six or make it countless and also, allow polyandry!

On a serious note, Lebanese Muslim men hardly marry more than one. I dont know what's the cause. Polygamy is not rampant in Lebanon.

JB81

Legendary Member
How about impose that every man marries six wives? And women are also allowed to have more than a husband?

The limit if four wives is Islamic.

The limit of one wife is christian.

The secular law should impose six or make it countless and also, allow polyandry!

On a serious note, Lebanese Muslim men hardly marry more than one. I dont know what's the cause. Polygamy is not rampant in Lebanon.

So what's the point of taking out political sectarian system when everything else in the state remains under sectarian laws?

A Secular law guarantees every Lebanese to equal treatment regardless of religion. If you are not up to a secular law, you seem to advocate 2oum ya massi7eh la 2e3od ma7alak 3al kerseh.

Sounds really sectarian. You are advocating for changing political sectarian system because the demographics favors your sect, not because you are truly a secular person who believes in liberal democracy

!Aoune32

So what's the point of taking out political sectarian system when everything else in the state remains under sectarian laws?

A Secular law guarantees every Lebanese to equal treatment regardless of religion. If you are not up to a secular law, you seem to advocate 2oum ya massi7eh la 2e3od ma7alak 3al kerseh.

Sounds really sectarian. You are advocating for changing political sectarian system because the demographics favors your sect, not because you are truly a secular person who believes in liberal democracy

Demographics favor his sect now. no one knows what the future holds. The under 18 year olds are decreasing in size. They are now only 15% if not less than the population. In 2030 the under 18 year olds will only be 10%. The birth rate has dropped significantly. Saying that we do need a secular state but with provisions in place.

Rafidi

Legendary Member

I didn't oppose your suggestion of monogamy. Monogamy is very much fine with me. Even one wife is too much! Let's even ban marriage altogether.

JB81

Legendary Member
I didn't oppose your suggestion of monogamy. Monogamy is very much fine with me. Even one wife is too much! Let's even ban marriage altogether.

That was one example of many. The point is, you can't take out the political sectarian system without having a clear cut secular laws that guarantees every is equal and protected under law regardless of sect.
2enno you take out Maroun from presidency to put Hussein instead, than having Ali as prime minister, and Hassan as head of the Parliament just because of demographic distribution, you can barely say about it a civil or secular state, but sectarian dominance of a sect over others

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Political Inheritance and Transforming Lebanese Political Parties into Family Business:

Michel Aoun: Gebran Basil, Shamel Roukoz, Alailn Aoun

Amin Gmayyel: Sami, Nadim

Mouawwad: Micho

Jumblatt: Taymour

Etc.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
That was one example of many. The point is, you can't take out the political sectarian system without having a clear cut secular laws that guarantees every is equal and protected under law regardless of sect.
2enno you take out Maroun from presidency to put Hussein instead, than having Ali as prime minister, and Hassan as head of the Parliament just because of demographic distribution, you can barely say about it a civil or secular state, but sectarian dominance of a sect over others

I doubt one sect would be able to dominate all positions in Lebanon.

Make secular laws. Who is asking you for sectarian laws? Why are you fabricating what I didn't say?

JB81

Legendary Member
I doubt one sect would be able to dominate all positions in Lebanon.

Make secular laws. Who is asking you for sectarian laws? Why are you fabricating what I didn't say?

You never know who will be in control and what kind of religious laws they will be imposing on others. A total secular law first, than abolishing the sectarian system next

spacecreature

Pure bla bla bla
We are composed of different cultural groups t
The only solution is a federal system that make all Lebanese feel confident and safe for their future
When I hear berri talking I wish I can buy a ticket and vanish from this country forever
We are very different to be one country
What is currently happening is just a genocide
Killing our dreams our future by extremists ideology whether Sunni chia or Druze
OMG that's just what I wrote on my status mouhahaha!

spacecreature

Birds of the same feather think alike...how much more "superior creatures" from the same realm (outer space)?
I think you have an inferiority complex. Are you muslim by any chance? I noticed many muslims have it for some reason. No one here claimed to be "superior" in any way!

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
I think you have an inferiority complex. Are you muslim by any chance? I noticed many muslims have it for some reason. No one here claimed to be "superior" in any way!
Loool i guess u havent met RC yet, this the definition of a walking inferiotity complex, it gets funny after a while, so brace urself for the ride

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Loool i guess u havent met RC yet, this the definition of a walking inferiotity complex, it gets funny after a while, so brace urself for the ride

I have no inferiority complex. I doubt you have or possess anything I admire or envy. But do you admit you have what I would describe as empty superiority complex?

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
I have no inferiority complex. I doubt you have or possess anything I admire or envy. But do you admit you have what I would describe as empty superiority complex?
IMG_5384.jpg

Bass la fasserlak chu ya3ne inferiority complex, it has nothing to do with u envying someone, it has to do with you not feeling up to par with someone because if reasons/lack of selfesteem in your head.

Enjoy the literature

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Three issues that need to be tackled in the near future to implement positive change in Lebanon:

1. Age limit for MPs and government office holders.

2. Tenure limit. An MP, PM, etc should have a tenure limit like the president does to break the feudal monopoly of some families in Lebanese politics.

3. Law preventing MPs getting govt appointment or being selected for ministerial posts.