Children of Lebanese Mothers married to Syrians or Palestinians can now work without permit

Jo

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
A new law has just been voted on in the Lebanese parliament.

Children of Lebanese mothers can now work in Lebanon with having a work permit.

Source: VDL

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-26 at 19.21.20.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    A new law has just been voted on in the Lebanese parliament.

Children of Lebanese mothers can now work in Lebanon with having a work permit.

Source: VDL

View attachment 12861
    Who voted for this law?

Was there a trade or is this another free "gift" to the ummah?

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member

جورج عطاالله: إذا حدا مفتكر إنو بيقدر ياخد بالمفرق يللي ما قدر ياخده بالجملة مغلط كتير ..

JUNE
    غرد النائب جورج عطاالله عبر تويتر بعد الجلسة التشريعية قائلا:"اليوم للأسف تم تمرير قانون اعفاء اولاد المرأة اللبنانية المتزوجة من أجنبي من الاستحصال على اجازة عمل . إذا حدا مفتكر إنو بيقدر ياخد بالمفرق يللي ما قدر ياخده بالجملة مغلط كتير ..."

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    why is this the first time we hear of this ?
    This should’ve been addressed the moment it was put on the Parliament’s agenda

Is this even constitutional?

U

Urjuwan

Byebermo byebermo w byerja3o la eno l mara ta3te jensiye la wleda. Akid la2. T5eyalo kammiyet l tjnis li btsir eza n2arr hek anoun. Bisir fina metel 8er bled: kl ma wa7ad bedo ye5od jensiye bytjawaz w7de mnl balad. Kamiyet l souriyin wl flastiniyin [] li 7a tsir 3enna btfajjer l balad.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Byebermo byebermo w byerja3o la eno l mara ta3te jensiye la wleda. Akid la2. T5eyalo kammiyet l tjnis li btsir eza n2arr hek anoun. Bisir fina metel 8er bled: kl ma wa7ad bedo ye5od jensiye bytjawaz w7de mnl balad. Kamiyet l souriyin wl flastiniyin wl soud li 7a tsir 3enna btfajjer l balad.
    Men can do that as well you know...

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    God forbid if a "Syrian" or "Palestinian" man is allowed to work so he can make a lawful living for his "Lebanese" mother!

Some of you are really sick!
    The level of hatred you hold is a disease worse than any other sickness!

How can one be so heartless for other people!?

U

Urjuwan

God forbid if a "Syrian" or "Palestinian" man is allowed to work so he can make a lawful living for his "Lebanese" mother!

Some of you are really sick!
    The level of hatred you hold is a disease worse than any other sickness!

How can one be so heartless for other people!?
    Eza bayyo soure aw masre aw chou ma ken yrou7 ychte8l bbalado. Lebnen balad mch arade maftou7a la min ma beddo. W 3abt7ke 3an l Hatred hay2tak ma btfout 3a forums lal souriye aw l 3arab w t2ra kamiyet l msabet wl ihenet lal lebnenie 5asatan l masi7iye.

U

Urjuwan

Arguably, a man’s home is where his wife is as well...
    The man is the head of the house and the head of the woman.

"But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. " Bible Gateway passage: 1 Corinthians 11:3 - English Standard Version

"For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. " Bible Gateway passage: Ephesians 5:23 - English Standard Version

«To the woman he said, “I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children. Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.” » Bible Gateway passage: Genesis 3:16 - English Standard Version

«Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. » Bible Gateway passage: Colossians 3:18 - English Standard Version

«Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control. » Bible Gateway passage: 1 Timothy 2:11-15 - English Standard Version

«Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord » Bible Gateway passage: Ephesians 5:22 - English Standard Version

«I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. » Bible Gateway passage: 1 Timothy 2:12 - English Standard Version

«Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. » Bible Gateway passage: Ephesians 5:24 - English Standard Version

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The man is the head of the house and the head of the woman.

"But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. " Bible Gateway passage: 1 Corinthians 11:3 - English Standard Version

"For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. " Bible Gateway passage: Ephesians 5:23 - English Standard Version

«To the woman he said, “I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children. Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.” » Bible Gateway passage: Genesis 3:16 - English Standard Version

«Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. » Bible Gateway passage: Colossians 3:18 - English Standard Version

«Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control. » Bible Gateway passage: 1 Timothy 2:11-15 - English Standard Version

«Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord » Bible Gateway passage: Ephesians 5:22 - English Standard Version

«I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. » Bible Gateway passage: 1 Timothy 2:12 - English Standard Version

«Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. » Bible Gateway passage: Ephesians 5:24 - English Standard Version
    Well to start with, you are taking the text extremely literally and funny enough, omitting parts of it to suit your agenda.
    Regardless, from a religion point of view, I don’t think Christ ever discriminated based on colour or gender. But this is not a religious question, it is a question of civil rights. I understand the Lebanese situation is not normal, so I understand that we may want to refuse citizenship to offspring or refugees, but really it should be whether the father or the mother is a refugee.

U

Urjuwan

Well to start with, you are taking the text extremely literally and funny enough, omitting parts of it to suit your agenda.
    Regardless, from a religion point of view, I don’t think Christ ever discriminated based on colour or gender. But this is not a religious question, it is a question of civil rights. I understand the Lebanese situation is not normal, so I understand that we may want to refuse citizenship to offspring or refugees, but really it should be whether the father or the mother is a refugee.
    The Bible clearly says that the wife should completely submit to her husband; That's not discrimination so I don't know what agenda you're talking about. I'm also with refusing citizenship to offspring of a Lebanese man marrying an ethiopian or philipino woman. I'm also with the idea that each person should only have one nationality, no dual nationalities.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The Bible clearly says that the wife should completely submit to her husband; That's not discrimination so I don't know what agenda you're talking about. I'm also with refusing citizenship to offspring of a Lebanese man marrying an ethiopian or philipino woman. I'm also with the idea that each person should only have one nationality, no dual nationalities.
    Well for starters not everybody is Christian and follows the bible... that’s why it’s a question of laws and civil rights rather than religion... should I understand from your post that you are ok with say an American woman marrying a Lebanese man and giving their children the Lebanese nationality? Or you meant to say that regardless of the nationality you don’t want any foreigner, man or woman, to give their offspring the Lebanese nationality?

U

Urjuwan

Well for starters not everybody is Christian and follows the bible... that’s why it’s a question of laws and civil rights rather than religion... should I understand from your post that you are ok with say an American woman marrying a Lebanese man and giving their children the Lebanese nationality? Or you meant to say that regardless of the nationality you don’t want any foreigner, man or woman, to give their offspring the Lebanese nationality?
    Well for me civil marriage is another name for cohabitation; marriage is a religious institution. I'm not ok with dual citizenship which means if a Lebanese man marries a foreign woman, she should give up her original nationality to get the Leb nationality. If a Lebanese woman marries a foreign man, she should give up her nationality and get her husband's.