China: Internet and Technology

• Advertisement
  • Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    big trade off on privacy but thats pretty much how society works in CN. East vs West.

Meanwhile.. havent seen much coming out of France ..
    Yeah I reached the final part of the vid and was like yeah wait a minute then edited my post lol!

Also China is pretty much Orwellian already! And it's not like the western world is any better with Facebook data breeches, NSA surveillance and everything else in between!

kalel

Orange Room Supporter
    Yeah I reached the final part of the vid and was like yeah wait a minute then edited my post lol!

Also China is pretty much Orwellian already! And it's not like the western world is any better with Facebook data breeches, NSA surveillance and everything else in between!
    well at least the chinese make a compelling argument of providing integration of all services out of the box :)

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I think I'm pretty sinophobic! Have been weary about China and their global domination plans for a while now lol! This, with the crackdown on Islam and Christianity and replacing them with something of a cult worship for xi jinping along with him prosecuting everyone with a different opinion makes me lose sleep sometimes at night thinking about future Chinese plans for global domination :p

kalel

Orange Room Supporter
    Whatsapp will soon become wechat like...they started beta b2b, support, payment, transfers,...
    thats why Facebook bought it for $19Bn but legally speaking they cant merge the platforms because it will breach data protection laws in the west.

some fun below

mrsrx

Orange Room Supporter
    thats why Facebook bought it for $19Bn but legally speaking they cant merge the platforms because it will breach data protection laws in the west.

some fun below

Indeed if it did not have that potential it was bot worth much as they have been losing money ever since they built it.
    Helpful note: there is a tick you can remove in whatsapp settings to stop info sharing between fb and whatsapp (if they respect it..)

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Indeed if it did not have that potential it was bot worth much as they have been losing money ever since they built it.
    Helpful note: there is a tick you can remove in whatsapp settings to stop info sharing between fb and whatsapp (if they respect it..)
    You've been quite helpful for Isabella today :p! I was wondering why I was getting targeted ads based on stuff I said on WhatsApp last year

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    i m curious, what do targeted ads look like for you these days ? :)
    I was getting ads for cheap tickets to Amsterdam when i only mentioned wanting to go on WhatsApp no Google search or anything lol, I also got ads for a bunch of other stuff that made me suspicious about whatsapp lol but I forgot them now!

As for these days... it's mostly just ads for Amazon for stuff I searched for, like a heating blender, cat toys and smartphones :p