• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

China to eradicate poverty by 2020

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
While outcry continues over China's 'mistreatment' of its Muslim minorities (in my opinion, China is actually doing them a favor by forcing them to leave Islam), we seem to forget that this is a nation that has brought the majority of its population out of poverty.

According to the World Bank, more than 850 million Chinese people have been lifted out of extreme poverty; China's poverty rate fell from 88 percent in 1981 to 0.7 percent in 2015.

Now China has vowed to fully eradicate poverty by 2020. Judging by their track record, I feel the Chinese will be able to deliver on their promise.

Go China!

Dynamite Joe

While outcry continues over China's 'mistreatment' of its Muslim minorities (in my opinion, China is actually doing them a favor by forcing them to leave Islam), we seem to forget that this is a nation that has brought the majority of its population out of poverty.

According to the World Bank, more than 850 million Chinese people have been lifted out of extreme poverty; China's poverty rate fell from 88 percent in 1981 to 0.7 percent in 2015.

Now China has vowed to fully eradicate poverty by 2020. Judging by their track record, I feel the Chinese will be able to deliver on their promise.

Go China!

Lebs are innately racist towards Chinese, and therefore, can never objectively assess their achievements. Here's a country with 1.4b billion people, and for the most part being lifted out of poverty in just a few decades. They didn't have to bomb anyone to do it and dominate globally with their military. Sure they can improve on human rights and are in bad need of habeas corpus, but currently their record is far better than the United States of Greed and Terror.

NewLeb

The only place that China is really doing well is Hong Kong, but that’s only because it leans more towards Western Capitalism.

It always humors me to see delusional leftists root for craphole countries like China (and even express joy for its treatment of minorities).

I sincerely hope America continues to draw away from the world. Maybe China or Russia would be a better alternative for the constant whiners. Thankfully, Trump has proven than America can do better on its own.

Dynamite Joe

And how exactly did you determine that? If you think China would be a “nicer” world power, I sincerely hope you get your wish. ;)

You must've been slumbering your way through life if you need to ask such a question. You think too much in military terms. I don't want one superpower dominating, but collective power equally distributed among the nations of the world. So far, the UN has been a farce of that.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
You must've been slumbering your way through life if you need to ask such a question. You think too much in military terms. I don't want one superpower dominating, but collective power equally distributed among the nations of the world. So far, the UN has been a farce of that.

"collective power equally distributed among the nations of the world" - this one is a gem of gullibility/stupidity. How old are you?

NewLeb

I didn’t bring up the military, you did. America is number #1 because of human capital. The best and brightest from all over the world are in the US, which is why America-haters spend a lot of time consuming American food and various other products.

“collective power equally distributed...”

Ridiculous. If the axis of resistance (Iran, China, etc) want to rule the world (and they do), go ahead. Don’t expect to get there however by solely giving America the finger.

SAVO

I didn’t bring up the military, you did. America is number #1 because of human capital. The best and brightest from all over the world are in the US, which is why America-haters spend a lot of time consuming American food and various other products.

Ridiculous. If the axis of resistance (Iran, China, etc) want to rule the world (and they do), go ahead. Don’t expect to get there however by solely giving America the finger.
If i were u i wouldn' t consider any china iran axis or russiq iran axis.. thete is commercial transaction betwee those countries but never an axis..

Notorious

First of his Name
Orange Room Supporter

Go China!
This is awesome, no more poverty in 6 days!

Next time they should come up with funner slogans if they’re going to be so aggressive with their unrealistic goals such as:

Eradicate poverty by NYE2020. Join us for the celebration at the four season hotel (now that you can afford it you cheap bastards)

Eradicate poverty by December 29th at 3:30 pm. They can even send a calendar invite with this one :).

Eradicate poverty by next Tuesday at the very LATEST.

Eradicate poverty as soon as I finish my bowl of cereal.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
If i were u i wouldn' t consider any china iran axis or russiq iran axis.. thete is commercial transaction betwee those countries but never an axis..

"axis" is probably too strong of a word if "axis" has a meaning of military alliance during a war.
However, if "axis" simply means alliance to make it easier to compete and dominate, then it is just fine to be used in this context.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Ooh yay now they get to live in a dystopian society where every aspect of their lives is dictated by the government including what they should think and believe in or else their organs would get harvested as prisoners of faith or work slave jobs in some remote factory. But hey they're not poor anymore! Long live China, bow down to Xi Jinping!

NewLeb

They all share a common ideological theme, one which is in axis to modern Anglo-Saxon political and economic culture.

Not that there’s anything wrong with being opposed to such, but the strategy that they’ve employed so far has failed them on a number of fronts....

Dynamite Joe

Chest pounding and bravado are for our prehistoric ancestors, yet so little has changed with some people… Your infatuation with Iran who’s struggling to feed its people due to the suffocating sanctions imposed by America is disturbing my friend. Perhaps you’re the sadist type who derives pleasure out of other people’s misery. Let’s hope for the sake of humanity America is the last empire.

Dynamite Joe

They are inmates who are forced to print greeting cards.
Doesn't sound like hard labor to me. How laborious is it to print cards?
And China is entitled to force its prisoners to work. Prisoners should pay for their keep.

Max security prisons in China are far better than the U.S. Better they put them to work than have them wither away in a 6 by 8 feet cell, or smaller, 18-23 hours a day.

NewLeb

Chest pounding and bravado are for our prehistoric ancestors, yet so little has changed with some people… Your infatuation with Iran who’s struggling to feed its people due to the suffocating sanctions imposed by America is disturbing my friend. Perhaps you’re the sadist type who derives pleasure out of other people’s misery. Let’s hope for the sake of humanity America is the last empire.

Our ancient ancestors knew of the power within all man, which is why they were able to build things like the pyramids, while Iran in 2020 can’t feed its own people.

What is happening in Iran and in the Middle East is simply a reality check. It’s a test to see whether the Mullahs and their allies are truly in accordance to their own claims of prowess against American power.

You can’t expect to use American currency; or American banks; or American technology; or American science and innovation; and then organize weekly “Destroy America” parades; and consequently cry foul at America when it decides it doesn’t want to share its goodies with you.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
Our ancient ancestors knew of the power within all man, which is why they were able to build things like the pyramids, while Iran in 2020 can’t feed its own people.

What is happening in Iran and in the Middle East is simply a reality check. It’s a test to see whether the Mullahs and their allies are truly in accordance to their own claims of prowess against American power.

You can’t expect to use American currency; or American banks; or American technology; or American science and innovation; and then organize weekly “Destroy America” parades; and consequently cry foul at America when it decides it doesn’t want to share its goodies with you.

Sober assessment.