China wants to revive our railways.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
China Wants to Revive Lebanon's Railway

[...]

The construction would be a part of a larger effort to connect transit between neighboring cities, like Aleppo and Damascus, but the connection in Lebanon would be between Beirut and Tripoli.

"We are ready to support Lebanon with our technical knowledge. ... But we are more interested in connecting Beirut to Tripoli, Tripoli to Aleppo, Aleppo to Damascus, and so on...," Eliana Ibrahim, president of the China Arab Association for Promoting Cultural and Commercial Change, said via The Daily Star.
The railway would be a large investment initially, and Chinese investors are primarily concerned with the return that this investment would generate.

"20 percent we care about the investment, but 80 percent we care about the return," Ibrahim explained via The Daily Star.

The potential railway would serve as a means for public transport, but as Ibrahim also stressed, revenue would need to be generated from cargo as well as daily commuters.

[...]

More and source: China Wants to Revive Lebanon's Railway

• Advertisement
  • Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Why not? The Chinese have done wonders to infrastructure in Asian and African countries. And I don't see the Chinese giving a fart about the Middle Eastern conflicts for us to worry about any political concessions.

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Why not? The Chinese have done wonders to infrastructure in Asian and African countries. And I don't see the Chinese giving a fart about the Middle Eastern conflicts for us to worry about any political concessions.
    You will get a Chinese Guangzhou Railway Group rail for the price of a Gold-plated, Bugatti-designed, high-speed magnetic train installed on silver rails. Full leather interior too.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    I don't think it'll ever happen

2 ways these guys work

Sell it to the government, maybe over a loan, the thing that we can't afford
    Or propose to own the project from A-Z, they collect 100% income say over 20 years and then the Lebanese government can start claiming profit
    This will also never happen, our boys in Lebanon are making money out of petrol, a rail system (and for free?) goes against their direct interests.

I think this is all fake news just to spread a bit of positivity in the country.

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    It makes perfect sense from an economic point of view. Maybe a bridge from Beirut to Milano is more to your taste though.
    He would like a railway between Beirut and Tel Aviv so he can visit his Lahdist friend and pay off his tributes.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

It makes perfect sense from an economic point of view. Maybe a bridge from Beirut to Milano is more to your taste though.
    What economic point of view? Syria is Iraq 2.0, it'll never be rebuilt, it will be forever war-torn with zero production.

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    He would like a railway between Beirut and Tel Aviv so he can visit his Lahdist friend and pay off his tributes.
    I'm sure if he launches a Kickstarter campaign about it and it gets picked up by The New Yorker, the railway funding will be on track, pun et al...

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What economic point of view? Syria is Iraq 2.0, it'll never be rebuilt, it will be forever war-torn with zero production.
    Laken your best bet is either a suspended bridge from Beirut to Milano or a Stairway To Heaven.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Now that would make sense. We need to economically align with developed and productive/prosperous countries like Israel and not wartorn shitholes like Syria or countries that can't even feed their people like Iran.

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

No need and useless and don't tell me traffic .. traffic in Lebanon is engineered on purpose by the tyrants in our state.

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

2addaret el epitome taba3 el ghabe2, bunch of ignorant kids running the state !!
    1 - Better divide and distribute the time of attendance to work, schools, universities, Container Logistics Trucks etc ...
    2 - Fix roads seriously (mish ter2ee3 like taree2 el matar)
    3 - Remove Amen Zetteh Obstacles
    4 - Limit the number of car ownership by house holds

All these are achievable faster than a railway and will solve the problem of traffic

Last edited:
    fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    2addaret el epitome taba3 el ghabe2, bunch of ignorant kids running the state !!
    1 - Better divide and distribute the time of attendance to work, schools, universities, Container Logistics Trucks etc ...
    2 - Fix roads seriously (mish ter2ee3 like taree2 el matar)
    3 - Remove Amen Zetteh Obstacles
    4 - Limit the number of car ownership by house holds

All these are achievable faster than a railway and will solve the problem of traffic
    I would prefer the traffic become so overwhelming as to clog the entire country, myself included. Sometimes you have to expect salvation from the most unexpected places.

Last edited:
    ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

I would prefer the traffic become so overwhelming as to clog the entire country, myself included. Sometimes you have to expect salvation from the most unexpected places.
    WOW !!! enshallah Allah byefta7leh taree2 la 2ehroub min hal zreebeh el mou3aka elli esma lebnen
    li2ano the people of this country are beyond repair

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    WOW !!! enshallah Allah byefta7leh taree2 la 2ehroub min hal zreebeh el mou3aka elli esma lebnen
    li2ano the people of this country are beyond repair
    Incha'allah
    but i'm surprised you find it difficult; it seems now the terrorism industry s booming (no pun). Have you checked the career page of Boko Haram?