Chinese crackdown on Christianity and Islam

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
So China is apparently closing down churches, replacing statues depicting Jesus Christ with portraits of xi jinping and burning bibles!

Christianity crackdown: China demolishes churches, confiscates Bibles | Daily Mail Online

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-religion/china-outlaws-large-underground-protestant-church-in-beijing-idUSKCN1LQ07W?feedType=RSS&feedName=worworldNews

China is reportedly burning bibles and making Christians renounce their faith to ensure total loyalty to the Communist Party

This of course comes following reports of a Chinese crackdown on Muslim minorities actually crackdown may not be quite accurate, they're literally putting Muslims in concentration sorry "political education" camps where they are subjected to intense propaganda and those who resist are often punished even tortured:
Interview: China’s Crackdown on Turkic Muslims

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/09/asia/xinjiang-camps-china-hrw-intl/index.html

Question is why is the world somewhat silent on Chinese violations of human rights? Do human rights even matter anymore!?

• Advertisement
  • manifesto

The crackdown on Islam is understandable. It's a very questionable religion to say the least.

I would be very suspicious of anyone who upholds such beliefs.

Aoune32!

Christianity is growing at alarming rates in China hence the crackdown. They are saying that in 50 years China might become a christian state.

The crackdown on Islam is understandable. It's a very questionable religion to say the least.

I would be very suspicious of anyone who upholds such beliefs.
    Probably the most ignorant and idiotic statement I've read on this forum. All religions are equally 'questionable' and anyone with an elementary history education would agree.

manifesto

Probably the most ignorant and idiotic statement I've read on this forum. All religions are equally 'questionable' and anyone with an elementary history education would agree.
    Either you've been hiding under a rock or you haven't been following what's happening in sharia-ruled countries.

Yes, people from all religious backgrounds are capable of committing terrible things. But not all religions were created equal.

@Indie, @Dark Angel, @eile correct me if I'm wrong, but there's nothing in the bible that says apostates must be put to death or that a thief's hand must be cut-off. Sharia has a prescribed punishment for every offense you can imagine.

When a Christian kills an apostate, he's contradicting his Christian beliefs which teach compassion and forgiveness.
    But a when a Muslim kills an apostate, he is actually applying Islamic law. Can you see the difference?

Moderate Muslims are those who cherrypick the good verses. But Islam itself? It's the most evil religion this world has ever seen.

So yeah. How about you read a few books maybe before you call others ignorant?

Nice to meet you.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So China is apparently closing down churches, replacing statues depicting Jesus Christ with portraits of xi jinping and burning bibles!

Christianity crackdown: China demolishes churches, confiscates Bibles | Daily Mail Online

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-religion/china-outlaws-large-underground-protestant-church-in-beijing-idUSKCN1LQ07W?feedType=RSS&feedName=worworldNews

China is reportedly burning bibles and making Christians renounce their faith to ensure total loyalty to the Communist Party

This of course comes following reports of a Chinese crackdown on Muslim minorities actually crackdown may not be quite accurate, they're literally putting Muslims in concentration sorry "political education" camps where they are subjected to intense propaganda and those who resist are often punished even tortured:
    Interview: China’s Crackdown on Turkic Muslims

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/09/asia/xinjiang-camps-china-hrw-intl/index.html

Question is why is the world somewhat silent on Chinese violations of human rights? Do human rights even matter anymore!?
    Everything is Made in China.

manifesto

Yeah the Chinese authorities have every right to put nearly 1 million Muslims in concentration camps and subject them to propaganda because you hate Islam!
    China is sparing the world 1 million potential ISIS members.

Islam is as evil as the Klux Klux Klan. If KKK members were forced to renounce their Klan membership, would you be defending them too?

Last edited:

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    China is sparing the world 1 million potential ISIS members.

Islam is as evil as the Klux Klux Klan. If KKK members were forced to renounce their Klan membership, would you be defending them too?
    Your set of beliefs is really alarming! What is happening in China is a particular brand of Chinese nationalism that goes against any and all religions and really anyone who is slightly different or deemed less "Chinese", it's not about Islam as a religion or Christianity for that matter since the Chinese authorities have started combatting Christianity as well heck even Buddhism, it's really you believe in something other than China is awesome China is great you get sent to concentration camp and subjected to propaganda and if you refuse well tough you get tortured!

It's a violation of human rights no matter how you spin it and how much you hate the beliefs of others, you attempting to defend this horrendous act is actually appalling!

manifesto

Your set of beliefs is really alarming! What is happening in China is a particular brand of Chinese nationalism that goes against any and all religions and really anyone who is slightly different or deemed less "Chinese", it's not about Islam as a religion or Christianity for that matter since the Chinese authorities have started combatting Christianity as well heck even Buddhism, it's really you believe in something other than China is awesome China is great you get sent to concentration camp and subjected to propaganda and if you refuse well tough you get tortured!

It's a violation of human rights no matter how you spin it and how much you hate the beliefs of others, you attempting to defend this horrendous act is actually appalling!

If they're doing this to Christians and Buddhists too, then I agree, it's horrible.

But Islam is no different than the KKK, Neo-Nazis or any other evil cults in my opinion. It should be made illegal.

manifesto

As an atheist I am against any crackdown on all religions except for Islam (unless it is Druze or Sufism).
    I'm glad someone agrees. The problem with today's society is that it's too tolerant of Islam under the guise of freedom of belief.
    Whereas Islam itself doesn't recognize freedom of speech or basic human rights.

I hope most European countries follow in the footsteps of Slovakia and ban Islam from gaining official status as a religion.