• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Chinese crackdown on Christianity and Islam

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
Orange Room Supporter
You don't even understand how Islam works. These nascent Muslim communities needed different religious denominations from which to extract tax. If they had gone ahead and exterminated them like the Christians did to the natives of Europe, these Islamic Empires would have gone bankrupt in a heartbeat. This is precisely why minorities have been able to endure and -and not despite, but because of- Islamic rule. But yeah feel free to disregard the historicity of our region and harp on like a deluded idiot about Muslims being the root of all evils. Brain dead sycophant.

That's to say nothing of the fact that Muslims were viewed as liberators in most of North Africa at a time when the Vandals were raping the living shit out of every society in North Africa. What do you think the conquest of Andalusia was? It was revenge by Moors for centuries of desolation and conquest by Iberian Europeans and Christians. Did Muslim societies practice slavery, of course, almost all societies did.
Islam works with fear and 3 choices: 1) convert, 2) pay jizya, or 3) die.
Hundreds of millions died, from the Indian sub-continent, to the natives of north Africa and Persia, and Asia Minor and Armenia. African slaves were brought into the Arabian peninsula well into the 1960's and 70's. This is all nothing compared to the evil white European man. Of course he also committed atrocities, but it pales in comparison to Islam. Of course, this is not universally taught because many schools prefer political correctness over truth, and I'm afraid you have been affected as such. However the (truthful) information is out these and can be easily found.

• Advertisement
  • Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    You don't even understand how Islam works. These nascent Muslim communities needed different religious denominations from which to extract tax. If they had gone ahead and exterminated them like the Christians did to the natives of Europe, these Islamic Empires would have gone bankrupt in a heartbeat. This is precisely why minorities have been able to endure and -and not despite, but because of- Islamic rule. But yeah feel free to disregard the historicity of our region and harp on like a deluded idiot about Muslims being the root of all evils. Brain dead sycophant.
    Define what did the christians do to the natives of europe, aka amonotheistic religion did when confronted to a polytheistic religion.
    Didnt the same things happen when islam met the hindus or the shamanists oif africa?
    Second, you talk about how islam preserved their minorities in order to extract taxes from them, what happened to the zoroastrians who refused to convert i ask?

That's to say nothing of the fact that Muslims were viewed as liberators in most of North Africa at a time when the Vandals were raping the living shit out of every society in North Africa. What do you think the conquest of Andalusia was? It was revenge by Moors for centuries of desolation and conquest by Iberian Europeans and Christians.
    You are confusing things here:
    Vandals were fought and eliminated by byzantium before the muslim foutou7at and their raiding and piracy was replaced by muslim raiding and piracy when the muslim kingdom took its place.

The conquest of andalusia was built on revenge for what the vandals did? A pagan kingdom that had just converted to christianity after a bloody civil war? An rule for like 100years? Really?

Did Muslim societies practice slavery, of course, almost all societies did.
    Muslim kingdoms did not only practice slavery, they made it the most profitable industry in the 14-17th century period and kingdoms like songhai and mali were some if the richest entities if the world.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Apparently not as brazenly genocidal as White people. Since you know, Europeans are responsible for 90% of all genocides that have ever happened. And Jews were one the main victims of Europeans genocidal tendencies.
    You have no argument from me.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I have much better indicator of which is worse, Christianity or Islam - I simply compare the numbers of my brethren killed in the name of each.

Bottom line - Christianity so far is worse, by far.
    How many Christians risked their lives to save Jews from concentration camps by hiding them in their homes, their Churches, and the Vatican itself, while the Catholic Church was itself under attack by Nazis?

Have you ever heard of this guy?
    Maximilian Kolbe - Wikipedia

What about these people?
    Gilbert and Eleanor Kraus - Wikipedia

And this couple who left their own children behind to smuggle Jews out of Europe?
    Righteous Among the Nations: Martha and Waitstill Sharp

And this girl who was shot by the nazis?
    Sophie Scholl - Wikipedia

And the people who hid Anne Frank and her family?

And the countless others?

But yeah...Muslims are not as bad as Christians. That's why you built a wall to keep them out of your country. A country made possible and largely financed by Christian nations.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Is no one concerned that xi jinping is actually replacing crosses with pictures of himself? Chinese oppression is not just limited to Islam!

I mean yeah I get it, Islam sucks but I still don't think we can reason that they need to be subjected to concentration camps or torture!

Also why is no one concerned that the same thing will probably happen to Christians and Buddhists in the future? There is literally no religious liberty allowed in China anymore and what little they had is being fought on every front!

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Is no one concerned that xi jinping is actually replacing crosses with pictures of himself? Chinese oppression is not just limited to Islam!

I mean yeah I get it, Islam sucks but I still don't think we can reason that they need to be subjected to concentration camps or torture!

Also why is no one concerned that the same thing will probably happen to Christians and Buddhists in the future? There is literally no religious liberty allowed in China anymore and what little they had is being fought on every front!
    There is no future for religions in china.
    Culturally it goes against everything the one true party wants to build.
    Faith and loyalty goes to the party, u can have religious tendencies but inly those religions who abide by party policy and have representatives sanctioned by the state.
    The vatican has already stepped up its cooperation with beijing on thus level, muslim representatives will follow suit soon enough i think.

Look at this charade.. unbelievable..

La Chine travaille sur un système d'évaluation de ses citoyens

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Rez2allah ya @gramsci chta2na :)

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Faith and loyalty goes to the party, u can have religious tendencies but inly those religions who abide by party policy and have representatives sanctioned by the state.
    The vatican has already stepped up its cooperation with beijing on thus level, muslim representatives will follow suit soon enough i think.

What do you expect from a communist party? Also, their fear of islamic terrorism might be justified (since hundreds have died in terrorist attacks in China), but they are themselves occupying Tibet.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter

Yeah we were discussing that in the China technology thread!

Chinese authorities just arrested some christians, sent cops to churches during mass and a little boy was trampled to death just because they're practicing their faith! If the Vatican is working on this, they're not doing it fast enough!

The entire world can see the atrocities of KSA and Russia but rarely do they mention China!

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    How many Christians risked their lives to save Jews from concentration camps by hiding them in their homes, their Churches, and the Vatican itself, while the Catholic Church was itself under attack by Nazis?

Have you ever heard of this guy?
    Maximilian Kolbe - Wikipedia

What about these people?
    Gilbert and Eleanor Kraus - Wikipedia

And this couple who left their own children behind to smuggle Jews out of Europe?
    Righteous Among the Nations: Martha and Waitstill Sharp

And this girl who was shot by the nazis?
    Sophie Scholl - Wikipedia

And the people who hid Anne Frank and her family?

And the countless others?

But yeah...Muslims are not as bad as Christians. That's why you built a wall to keep them out of your country. A country made possible and largely financed by Christian nations.
    "How many Christians risked their lives to save Jews from concentration camps by hiding them in their homes, their Churches, and the Vatican itself, while the Catholic Church was itself under attack by Nazis?"

Too few to make a difference, why don't you ask how many Christians were willingly helping Nazis to kill Jews.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yeah we were discussing that in the China technology thread!

Chinese authorities just arrested some christians, sent cops to churches during mass and a little boy was trampled to death just because they're practicing their faith! If the Vatican is working on this, they're not doing it fast enough!

The entire world can see the atrocities of KSA and Russia but rarely do they mention China!
    I dont think catholicism is the most widespread church in china, evangelicals are much more numerous if am not mistaken

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    They are literally forcing Muslims to drink alcohol and eat pork in concentration sorry "reeducation" camps after arresting them and threatening to torture them and their families... And you think a city saying they will be lenient to Muslims who voluntarily hand themselves in to authorities sounds fake af?
    A little wine never hurt nobody!
    But yeah FAKE AF. The Independent is known for its anti-China bias.

Most likely it's radicalized Uyghurs who are receiving this kind of conversion therapy, not ALL Chinese Muslims.

How many times did the media made wrong assertions about "peaceful Muslims"?
    Syrian 'rebels' anyone?

Just because a bunch of Islamists are being forced to drink alcohol so that they can loosen up a bit,
    doesn't mean China is cracking down on Islam.
    In any case, it's not that cruel of a punishment.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    A little wine never hurt nobody!
    But yeah FAKE AF. The Independent is known for its anti-China bias.

Most likely it's radicalized Uyghurs who are receiving this kind of conversion therapy, not ALL Chinese Muslims.

How many times did the media made wrong assertions about "peaceful Muslims"?
    Syrian 'rebels' anyone?

Just because a bunch of Islamists are being forced to drink alcohol so that they can loosen up a bit,
    doesn't mean China is cracking down on Islam.
    In any case, it's not that cruel of a punishment.
    You've made your position on this display of excessive human rights violation quite clear, no need to delve more into defending China territory... Besides if you want to use "extremist Islam" as a justification I told you multiple times that the Chinese authorities are also arresting Christians and Buddhists hawde kamena extremists?

No matter how you spin it what's going on in China is basically: you have a different set of beliefs we will force you to fall in line. It's Orwellian and if left unchecked it will soon include everyone even remotely different