Christian-Druze alliance?

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Do you think it's possible? Why hasn't it happened yet? On a social level, Christians and Druze are closer than ever. Both are educated, well-behaved people. But on a political level, they are still very apart even if both have ultimately the same interests (the survival of these persecuted communities in a barbaric Islamic middle East). I think we could achieve a lot of if we reflected our social similarity on a political level as well. So what is stopping this? Jumblatt is the only one to blame or are there other factors to be considered?

• Advertisement
  • manifesto

manifesto

Do you think it's possible? Why hasn't it happened yet? On a social level, Christians and Druze are closer than ever. Both are educated, well-behaved people. But on a political level, they are still very apart even if both have ultimately the same interests (the survival of these persecuted communities in a barbaric Islamic middle East). I think we could achieve a lot of if we reflected our social similarity on a political level as well. So what is stopping this? Jumblatt is the only one to blame or are there other factors to be considered?
    Throughout Lebanese history, it's the Druze who have always persecuted the Christians, not Sunnis or Shiites.
    I find that the pro-Jumblat Druze in general are self-centered and devoid of morals.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Throughout Lebanese history, it's the Druze who's always persecuted the Christians, not Sunnis or Shiites.
    I find that the pro-Jumblat Druze in general are self-centered and devoid of morals.

I think the Druze hated Christians because the latter eventually 'took over' Mount Lebanon. Their hatred was political, not religiously motivated. Their religion is very peaceful. Granted, I agree that historically the Shias didn't persecute Christians, but you're wrong about the Sunnis. The Sunnis have always been Ottoman lapdogs and carried a lot of massacres against Christians on their behalf, and their hatred of Christians is religiously motivated.

mikeys71

mikeys71

Bells can easily be replaced but the missing Lebanese citizens and soldiers in your friend's Syrian dungeons can't. Find them first. and stop digging old graves it won't help you. It's not election season.

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    Not anytime soon. :)
    Who is that smart guy . Very stupid caricature. Don’t play other shit or poison you will have some in your body. U can choose what joumblatt is.
    For me he is both of them. So ... akher el dawa el Kay

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    way before jumblat
    100s of years ago
    at any opportunity, druze killed us
    in syria they did teh same under the ottomans
    in lebanon as well
    where ever they had the chance, they did kill us

i prefer to trust baghadi than trust a durzi and so 90% of christians think this way

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Bells can easily be replaced but the missing Lebanese citizens and soldiers in your friend's Syrian dungeons can't. Find them first. and stop digging old graves it won't help you. It's not election season.

jama3et ga3ag3 al bcjeranye are the excpetion ( 10%)
    they fall under the 10% who welcome sermayet al druze ted3asshoum, or any sermayte for that matter

@Ice Tea

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Who is that smart guy . Very stupid caricature. Don’t play other shit or poison you will have some in your body. U can choose what joumblatt is.
    For me he is both of them. So ... akher el dawa el Kay

why

jumb;at a day earlier said he will kill khafafesh al layl
    jumblat attacks teh christians 24/24
    jumblat speaks abot killing us and sunduing us, all the time
    and so does 80% of the druze

that caricature is the least we can do
    we should do more

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

way before jumblat
    100s of years ago
    at any opportunity, druze killed us
    in syria they did teh same under the ottomans
    in lebanon as well
    where ever they had the chance, they did kill us

i prefer to trust baghadi than trust a durzi and so 90% of christians think this way

Well, that's certainly an exaggeration. I feel that Christians who are not from Shouf/Aley tend to demonize the Druze a lot. I mean, go to Baakline, Bakaata, Aramoun etc you'll still feel you're in Lebanon. Now tryi going to Tripoli/Akkar or Baalbek or Nabatieh.. it feels like Iraq.

My point is, Druze are civilized people. Socially speaking there's little difference between them and Christians. Their religion is peaceful, they believe in reincarnation and their life revolves around being better humans until they don't need to reincarnate anymore and are allowed into heaven. I also think they pray to some Christian saints, because half of the Druze I've met have Christian names. I've met some Druze from Sweida, Syria and I can say the same applies for them. Sweida is actually one of the few places Christians few safe in Syria.

Yes, they killed a lot of us in the past, but like I said I don't believe their hatred was religious motivated. They were not like actual Muslims, who hate Christians and other religions because their book demands so. The Druze-Christian conflict was a political one. The Ottomans actually hated both Christians and Druze and set the two communities against each other. Anyway, it's time for us to look forward and unite, under Islamic views we're both kuffars, we're both infidels who should be killed.

Mockinggbird

Mockinggbird

Well, that's certainly an exaggeration. I feel that Christians who are not from Shouf/Aley tend to demonize the Druze a lot. I mean, go to Baakline, Bakaata, Aramoun etc you'll still feel you're in Lebanon. Now tryi going to Tripoli/Akkar or Baalbek or Nabatieh.. it feels like Iraq.

My point is, Druze are civilized people. Socially speaking there's little difference between them and Christians. Their religion is peaceful, they believe in reincarnation and their life revolves around being better humans until they don't need to reincarnate anymore and are allowed into heaven. I also think they pray to some Christian saints, because half of the Druze I've met have Christian names. I've met some Druze from Sweida, Syria and I can say the same applies for them. Sweida is actually one of the few places Christians few safe in Syria.

Yes, they killed a lot of us in the past, but like I said I don't believe their hatred was religious motivated. They were not like actual Muslims, who hate Christians and other religions because their book demands so. The Druze-Christian conflict was a political one. The Ottomans actually hated both Christians and Druze and set the two communities against each other. Anyway, it's time for us to look forward and unite, under Islamic views we're both kuffars, we're both infidels who should be killed.
    The issue is not religious hate
    they are a distinct community and they historically Feel that Christians compete with them for regional dominance in chouf , etc...
    Nothing to do with lifestyle
    There are also high income Muslims with modern lifestyle that vote for future and high income chia with modern lifestyle voting for Amal Hezbollah

Lebanon is divided into 4 big communities that each not only have their own religion
    but also people live together , go to the same schools, have the same tv channels and even basketball teams
    Take for example the different Christians sects , they form one community ( with the exception of Armenians) despite belonging to different sects

The most important is that intermarry , live in the same areas, send their children to the same schools, etc...
    Not the case of Armenians since they tend in general to live isolated

The above factors influence the political allegiances
    So Druze and Christians might not be allies only for the sake that they look bit similar
    And by the way don’t take the 5% modern people that you know and build a logic
    You should go and visit remote chouf and hasbaya rachaya and then draw conclusions

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    The issue is not religious hate
    they are a distinct community and they historically Feel that Christians compete with them for regional dominance in chouf , etc...
    Nothing to do with lifestyle
    There are also high income Muslims with modern lifestyle that vote for future and high income chia with modern lifestyle voting for Amal Hezbollah

Lebanon is divided into 4 big communities that each not only have their own religion
    but also people live together , go to the same schools, have the same tv channels and even basketball teams
    Take for example the different Christians sects , they form one community ( with the exception of Armenians) despite belonging to different sects

The most important is that intermarry , live in the same areas, send their children to the same schools, etc...
    Not the case of Armenians since they tend in general to live isolated

The above factors influence the political allegiances
    So Druze and Christians might not be allies only for the sake that they look bit similar
    And by the way don’t take the 5% modern people that you know and build a logic
    You should go and visit remote chouf and hasbaya rachaya and then draw conclusions
    Do you think the Christians will ever rebel against Maronite hegemony? :)

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yes, they killed a lot of us in the past, but like I said I don't believe their hatred was religious motivated. They were not like actual Muslims, who hate Christians and other religions because their book demands so. The Druze-Christian conflict was a political one. The Ottomans actually hated both Christians and Druze and set the two communities against each other. An
    hahahahha

panda, thats what jumblat said about your likes
    nothing personal
    but jumblat said people like you are panda

cause you are even thinking of trusting a muzzie society

wake up., you cant trust any muzzie society, ever ,( some individuals are great and peaceful , but as a socirty they are terror led and killers of other societies)

Mockinggbird

Mockinggbird

Do you think the Christians will ever rebel against Maronite hegemony? :)
    There are no maronite hegemony
    All parties including Lebanese forces are giving key positions to non Maronite
    They can never rebel because they are literally one community
    The rate of intermarriage in the 40 and below is very high
    Christians don’t give importance to sect nowadays on the contrary to religion
    This is because they share the building the job the school the values etc

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    There are no maronite hegemony
    All parties including Lebanese forces are giving key positions to non Maronite
    They can never rebel because they are literally one community
    The rate of intermarriage in the 40 and below is very high
    Christians don’t give importance to sect nowadays on the contrary to religion
    This is because they share the building the job the school the values etc
    Lets abolish the Maronite presidency then

Mockinggbird

Mockinggbird

Lets abolish the Maronite presidency then
    Hayda Helmak abou Omar Lubnan
    Bass Ma hzeret
    The Maronite are the cause behind the existence of this country and without their leadership there is no Lebanon
    I just can’t believe how deep the transformation can be when a party gets bought by foreign dollars 💵
    Ouweit al !