Christians, who do you feel closest to?

As Christians, who do you feel closest to?

• Total voters
The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Do you think Lebanese differ from each other more than a liberal democrat from Manhattan differs from a hard core Trump supporter from West Virginia ?
And how cohesive is the American society in 2019? : )

• Advertisement
  • Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Do you think Lebanese differ from each other more than a liberal democrat from Manhattan differs from a hard core Trump supporter from West Virginia ?
    The fact you're comparing Lebanon to the most diverse country in the world with people of all kinds of backgrounds just proves how different Lebanese are from each other.

How about comparing Lebanon to old world countries where people share the same religion and culture? For instance, your average Japanese or Jordanian doesn't really differ from their fellow countrymen since they are a homogenous society where everyone shares the same culture and religion.

Lebanese Christians and Muslims couldn't be more different from each other. Completely incompatible religions, different cultures and values, different upbringings etc.

A Lebanese Christian has a lifestyle closer to your average Israeli than to a Muslim from Nabatieh or Akkar. This fact alone answers your question.

The only Lebanese who are culturally close to each other are Christians and Druze, period.

Cedrus Libani

Cedrus Libani

The fact you're comparing Lebanon to the most diverse country in the world with people of all kinds of backgrounds just proves how different Lebanese are from each other.

How about comparing Lebanon to old world countries where people share the same religion and culture? For instance, your average Japanese or Jordanian doesn't really differ from their fellow countrymen since they are a homogenous society where everyone shares the same culture and religion.

Lebanese Christians and Muslims couldn't be more different from each other. Completely incompatible religions, different cultures and values, different upbringings etc.

A Lebanese Christian has a lifestyle closer to your average Israeli than to a Muslim from Nabatieh or Akkar. This fact alone answers your question.

The only Lebanese who are culturally close to each other are Christians and Druze, period.
    The poll asked who I believe I feel closest to. Besides other Lebanese Christians, I feel closest to Levantine Christians. That being said, I know several Lebanese Muslims, and while there are certainly some differences between us, there are also similarities. I would also add Lebanese Druze to that group, as well.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

The poll asked who I believe I feel closest to. Besides other Lebanese Christians, I feel closest to Levantine Christians. That being said, I know several Lebanese Muslims, and while there are certainly some differences between us, there are also similarities. I would also add Lebanese Druze to that group, as well.

The only similarities between us and them is nationality and language (and even language is a stretch, because as Christians we consider Arabic a colonizing language that was forced on us and it has no spiritual value for us unlike Aramaic and Greek, while Arabic for Muslims has a completely religious meaning).

Personally speaking I feel closest to other Levantine Christians as well like most Lebanese Christians, and to Lebanese Druze whom we share the same 'Lebaneseness' with.

Then I can also say I feel equally close and have a deep connection to Assyrians and Chaldeans (amazing people with pure hearts, working with the refugees was the most beautiful experience I ever had).

And also to Israelis and Jews. As Christians we admire them and their courage and self-determination, they're truly an inspiration for all of us. I love the fact that despite being surrounded by barbarians who worship DEATH, they never lost hope and continue to cherish LIFE.