Constructing a 4 Story Apartment Block

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Say one has the land 4400 sqm how much would it cost to build an apartment block in Lebanon? Would it cost much to build? Depends on the area?

• Advertisement
  • Nasser

Nasser

Staff member
    Say one has the land 4400 sqm how much would it cost to build an apartment block in Lebanon? Would it cost much to build? Depends on the area?
    If you already own the land, then you are already done with almost the biggest chunk of payments u have to make.
    Other costs would include the permit, designers to design and provide you with execution drawings (depends on regulations, some areas require the designer to submit his design to a "bureau de control", so the designer would charge you for that too) and then construction of the building.

The construction of building cost can vary, while cost of concrete/steel is predictable, the cost of finishing works you want in the building varies depends on what quality you're aiming for.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

If you already own the land, then you are already done with almost the biggest chunk of payments u have to make.
    Other costs would include the permit, designers to design and provide you with execution drawings (depends on regulations, some areas require the designer to submit his design to a "bureau de control", so the designer would charge you for that too) and then construction of the building.

The construction of building cost can vary, while cost of concrete/steel is predictable, the cost of finishing works you want in the building varies depends on what quality you're aiming for.
    mmmm
    yes I own the land. So approx do you know how much it would cost to construct the apartment?

Nasser

Nasser

Staff member
    mmmm
    yes I own the land. So approx do you know how much it would cost to construct the apartment?
    Since my area of expertise is mainly in the design department and supervision, I didn't really come across pricing sadly. Hence I just shed some light on different costs you have when going into a project.
    I would ask for you though how much approximately it would cost.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Since my area of expertise is mainly in the design department and supervision, I didn't really come across pricing sadly. Hence I just shed some light on different costs you have when going into a project.
    I would ask for you though how much approximately it would cost.
    Thanks mate

S

Saj

A relative paid in the neighborhood of $600,000 to construct a five story, eight unit building on land he already owned (two duplexes on top). This was lower Metn near Beirut so I’d imagine it’s on the higher side compared to what you’d pay to construct in the north or even in parts of upper Metn. This was also a decade ago so surely it’s more now.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

A relative paid in the neighborhood of $600,000 to construct a five story, eight unit building on land he already owned (two duplexes on top). This was lower Metn near Beirut so I’d imagine it’s on the higher side compared to what you’d pay to construct in the north or even in parts of upper Metn. This was also a decade ago so surely it’s more now.
    Thats pretty good :)
    Not that much money compared to here in Australia.

Nasser

Nasser

Staff member
    @Aoune32! From what I've collected, it is around 400-500$ bi meter l 3amar with the average finishing quality.

Also keep in mind that your land area is 4400 sqm, mase7et l istismar bitkon a2al.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

@Aoune32! From what I've collected, it is around 400-500$ bi meter l 3amar with the average finishing quality.

Also keep in mind that your land area is 4400 sqm, mase7et l istismar bitkon a2al.
    So say used lal istismar 2000 sqm. Ya3ne 400*2000, 800K??

Nasser

Nasser

Staff member
    So say used lal istismar 2000 sqm. Ya3ne 400*2000, 800K??
    Per story, yes... If I understood the numbers from the people I asked hehe.

Can anyone confirm? who worked in this field.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Per story, yes... If I understood the numbers from the people I asked hehe.

Can anyone confirm? who worked in this field.
    Akide la2. If one has the land why in the world would it cost this much? Thats quiet alot of money.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    Akide la2. If one has the land why in the world would it cost this much? Thats quiet alot of money.
    Akid people will not build buildings having 2000sqm apartments.

If you are building 200sqm apartments (per floor) thats 200 x 4 floors = 1,000 sqm and thats around 500k investment.

Note that the above sum do not include excavation of the land.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

If you are building 200sqm apartments (per floor) thats 200 x 4 floors = 1,000 sqm and thats around 500k investment.

Isnt 200*4, 800.
    Wow thats quiet a bit. So one apartment each floor so 4 apartments?
    I rather buy 4 apartments outright like 150K each lakeina whats the point of using my land if it will cost more? In Australia it costs like $195K for a three bedroom house to be built.

Last edited:
    Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    Isnt 200*4, 800.
    Wow thats quiet a bit. So one apartment each floor so 4 apartments?
    I rather buy 4 apartments outright like 150K each lakeina whats the point of using my land if it will cost more? In Australia it costs like $195K for a three bedroom house to be built.
    Each apartment will cost you around 100,000$ (200sqm * 500$)
    you will never find an apartment with 500$ per sqm ... I dont think you will find one under 1,500$ per sqm.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Each apartment will cost you around 100,000$ (200sqm * 500$)
    you will never find an apartment with 500$ per sqm ... I dont think you will find one under 1,500$ per sqm.
    Khaye,
    To buy an apartment 140sqm in Hadath Beirut costs 180K. Are you speaking in Metn?

Nasser

Nasser

Staff member

@Aoune32!

They wouldn't build 2000 sqm apartments of course. But he could build multi-blocks.
    Say 2 blocks each 1000 sqm, and each block 4 apartments.

With the above-mentioned meter l 3amar cost, you would still end up with huge profits.

But it all depends on the allowable mase7et l istismar.

PS: the people I asked said they averaged all works and got a rough estimation, including excavation, columns, slabs, steel reinforcement, MEP and finishing works (tiling, cladding, plaster, paint...)...

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

@Aoune32!

They wouldn't build 2000 sqm apartments of course. But he could build multi-blocks.
    Say 2 blocks each 1000 sqm, and each block 4 apartments.

With the above-mentioned meter l 3amar cost, you would still end up with huge profits.

But it all depends on the allowable mase7et l istismar.

PS: the people I asked said they averaged all works and got a rough estimation, including excavation, columns, slabs, steel reinforcement, MEP and finishing works (tiling, cladding, plaster, paint...)...
    What do you suggest i do with this lot of land of 4400 sqm?

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Turn it into a parking lot for the time being.
    Instant monthly returns, until you decide what to do with it.
    I want to build something though like apartments or a house. When I come to Lebanon every 2 years I want to be able to live in something instead of not having a house and have to stay at hotels or relatives house.

Nasser

Nasser

Staff member
    What do you suggest i do with this lot of land of 4400 sqm?
    As an honest opinion, even if you had the money right now, hold off a little bit to see how the situation is going in the country.
    Right now, not alot of people are capable of buying and there are no loans.

If the economic situation is improving and you have the money, I'd say you should invest it and build it up. You would make alot of profit when it is sold, and you could make a contracting business out of it. How?

Build this land --> sell it --> make profit --> buy another land --> build --> sell ... and on and on.

But as I said, hold on a little until things clear out.