Countries You Won't Visit

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
Orange Room Supporter
It is funny how some lebanese are a broken record "Lebanon is not what you see in the media...it is actually fun... we have a skybar and skiing!...and the 30mins BS about the sea and mountain..."
Yet a lot of people are judging countries that they have never visited because of the image they have from the media and what their research googling the thing they heard to read what they exactly want to read.

I would visit any country even though some scare the shit out of me but i have seen people enjoy Lebanon, Egypt, India ... and I personally hated Stockholm and several cities in Sweden...
If talking about revisiting then ok.....some human rights violations fine...but the rest just go and see (i was horrified of the idea of going to India and to be honest it was not that bad!)

• Advertisement
  • AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It is funny how some lebanese are a broken record "Lebanon is not what you see in the media...it is actually fun... we have a skybar and skiing!...and the 30mins BS about the sea and mountain..."
    Yet a lot of people are judging countries that they have never visited because of the image they have from the media and what their research googling the thing they heard to read what they exactly want to read.

I would visit any country even though some scare the shit out of me but i have seen people enjoy Lebanon, Egypt, India ... and I personally hated Stockholm and several cities in Sweden...
    If talking about revisiting then ok.....some human rights violations fine...but the rest just go and see (i was horrified of the idea of going to India and to be honest it was not that bad!)

To be honest, I wouldn't bother visit Lebanon if I weren't Lebanese. It doesn't hold any special interest for me.
    It's an apartheid state. You can't buy land in x area unless you belong to y religion.
    You can't become a president or a PM unless you're from a certain sect.
    The beaches are polluted. The people are dumb, superficial, and suffer from a massive inferiority complex.
    Always trying hard to sound either French or American.
    The scenery is average compared to other countries and the sites are interesting but nothing outstanding.
    I would just visit for one or two days to see Baalbeck and Jeita Grotto. But then again, once you've seen a Roman temple you've seen them all.

It's a C+ country at best.

Give me Stockholm any day. It's a piece of heaven. (its only flaw is that it's got a sizeable Lebanese expat community)

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    To be honest, I wouldn't bother visit Lebanon if I weren't Lebanese. It doesn't hold any special interest for me.
    It's an apartheid state. You can't buy land in x area unless you belong to y religion.
    You can't become a president or a PM unless you're from a certain sect.
    The beaches are polluted. The people are dumb, superficial, and suffer from a massive inferiority complex.
    Always trying hard to sound either French or American.
    The scenery is average compared to other countries and the sites are interesting but nothing outstanding.
    I would just visit for one or two days to see Baalbeck and Jeita Grotto. But then again, once you've seen a Roman temple you've seen them all.

It's a C+ country at best.

Give me Stockholm any day. It's a piece of heaven. (its only flaw is that it's got a sizeable Lebanese expat community)
    Not saying beirut is better than stockholm ...i am just saying do not judge a book by its cover ..
    Some places amazed me in countries that i thought i would hate....and some "perfect" places like stockholm i found boring/racist and something i cant put my finger on..just did not like it even though the scenery is amazing in sweden ...not the fires now.
    in short have an open mind and go see if you do not like it go see something else

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    it's clear you landed few days at the outskirts of Stockholm and had no clue about where you were :lol:

Because if you knew Stockholm you'd know its beauty and monotonic boredom go hand in hand and that no sizeable Lebanese community lives there.

kalel

kalel

Orange Room Supporter
    The issue is how can you guarantee it would be just a visit and not a permanent stay :p
    In my case, i ll definitely be denied entry unfortunately. But if the reunification happens in our lifetime, i ll definitely want to visit.
    Otherwise i ll have to go for permanent residency at some point and a citizenship :p

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    In my case, i ll definitely be denied entry unfortunately. But if the reunification happens in our lifetime, i ll definitely want to visit.
    Otherwise i ll have to go for permanent residency at some point and a citizenship :p
    check out the story of siham shraiteh...1978 NK kidnapped people from many countries including 4 from lebanon to produce western looking spies

kalel

kalel

Orange Room Supporter
    check out the story of siham shraiteh...1978 NK kidnapped people from many countries including 4 from lebanon to produce western looking spies
    the list is very long. DPRK had a frequent practice of raiding Japanese shores to kidnap Japanese ppl to teach Japanese for their spies. Same practice with other countries. They invested in a large network of spies over the years across all continents. These days they dont need to do that anymore. They rely on Lazarus Group and APT 38 to achieve their goals. They have modernized their espionage capabilities and have shown impressive capabilities in Asia, Africa and LATAM.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    it's clear you landed few days at the outskirts of Stockholm and had no clue about where you were :lol:

Because if you knew Stockholm you'd know its beauty and monotonic boredom go hand in hand and that no sizeable Lebanese community lives there.
    On a beautiful sunny summer day, there's nowhere like Stockholm.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    On a beautiful sunny summer day, there's nowhere like Stockholm.
    No objection, it is an extremely beautiful place to be at on a nice tempered summer day. But if you take away the induced 3awrat done to your country by its residents, you'd know it is almost literally as Fayrouz put it a piece of heaven, its likes on earth are rare.
    Let me put this way:
    Move all the people of Lebanon to Stockholm Sweden and they'd turn it into an inhabitable dump, flat dull and boring, even if you'd still enjoy one happy Lebanese gathering or party here and another one there.
    Move all Swedes to Lebanon and they'd turn the land into the true paradise of nature it actually is. A summer night breeze at your clean beach, or half an hour later, up at your high mountains where the glittering nighty skies or the fat moon are at arms lengths, boy that is something to cry for.

Nonan

Nonan

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    haha common get real .. lol
    u perhaps booked in places frequented by french tourists :D+

btw the italian nonciclopedia page about france crack me up every time i read it lol Francia.. ill give u a hint with the translation

Mangiarane!
    ( frog eaters : gentilhomme about the french )
    ~ Nobiluomo sul popolo francese
    Galli, francesi... ma che me frega, fateli fori!
    ( galles , french , i give a damn , shoot em all ; Julis Cesar about the french )
    ~ Giulio Cesare sui francesi
    L'inferno non esiste, la Francia sì!
    ( Hell doesn't exist , but france does ! ( frank zappa about france )
    ~ Frank Zappa sulla Francia
    È più facile elencare i difetti
    ( its much easier to list the negative sides ( all about the qualities of french peoples )
    ~ Tutti sui pregi del popolo francese
    Julius Caesar said “shoot them all”? With what? M16s?

Chingon

Chingon

Orange Room Supporter
    I've been to most of these places but will never visit again. A lot of sound generalisations included.

Russia - Can't really stand the general demeanour of Russian people.
    France - Arrogant and smelly people. Especially Parisians who seem to have a pipe stuck up their arse. The southerners are better but I prefer Italy. Better food and people.
    Saudi Arabia and Iran - Don't want to see what the horrors of their religion have done to countries with beautiful landscapes
    UAE - No soul, no culture, flashy stupid locals and expats.
    Turkey - People generally rude and unwelcoming. Can't speak a word of english even in main cities.
    Sweden - Finland - Canada and their likes: Miserable cold weather.
    Egypt - I find the people funny but they're on the make all the time and they don't understand privacy and personal space.
    Israel - Apartheid state with a militarised society. Not fun.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Turkey - People generally rude and unwelcoming. Can't speak a word of english even in main cities.
    Really? Except for airport staff, I found the Turks very helpful and nice.
    There's a reason they always top the polls of "friendliest locals".

I think Lebanese people travel to Turkey with certain preconceptions about the Turks due to historical reasons and are looking for confirmation bias.

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    Really? Except for airport staff, I found the Turks very helpful and nice.
    There's a reason they always top the polls of "friendliest locals".

I think Lebanese people travel to Turkey with certain preconceptions about the Turks due to historical reasons and are looking for confirmation bias.
    That was also my experience. Been there several times, and the people I met were exceptionally generous and welcoming. But I've also seen similar reactions to chingon's, particularly from people who went there for work.

Regardless, Istanbul is a stunning city. If not for anything else, just the history alone. I can't help feeling amazed every time I see the 14th century Galata Tower still looming over the old city.

Anyways, about the topic, to me no place is off the list.

Last edited:
    O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    As requested by @gramsci in the sister thread "Your Dream Country," which countries do you dislike or won't visit or live in, and why?

My answer is:

- Countries that discriminate against Christians.
    - Countries where women get harrassed and don't have the same freedom as men.
    - Countries or regions where tourists are in danger of being killed, kidnapped, or attacked because of terrorism, gang activity, and lawlessness.
    - Countries with repressive regimes and political prisoners, where free speech is supressed, and which have a poor human rights record.
    If you would be true to what you state in your comment here then I can say that you are not left with many countries.. maybe in this case Greenland will do for you :rolleyes:

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    I wouldn't visit USA even though there are many beautiful natural attractions there I would love to see but what USA is and represent is a put off for me!

NewLeb

NewLeb

Far leftist countries (mostly all of Western Europe, Canada; etc). Their women are masculine and ugly; the red tape and amount of regulation and rules is suffocating; and state atheism pretty much turned the population into an empty vessel that lacks any sense of spirit.

No thanks!

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    If you would be true to what you state in your comment here then I can say that you are not left with many countries.. maybe in this case Greenland will do for you :rolleyes:
    All of Europe, North America, Australia, many countries in Central and South America as well as Asia, some countries in Africa, and others...

SAVO

SAVO

Far leftist countries (mostly all of Western Europe, Canada; etc). Their women are masculine and ugly; the red tape and amount of regulation and rules is suffocating; and state atheism pretty much turned the population into an empty vessel that lacks any sense of spirit.

No thanks!

Hahaha

I visited most of east europe countries and russia..and i tell you they are amazing spots and authentic..

Still on my list: china, cuba vietnam and north korea.. becaude they are far and need a huge budget a time.
    My dream trip.is the transiberian Moscow-Bejing .. ;)
    Countries that lesser interest me are :
    Usa , canada, : beautiful nature but no culture or history

france and spain too much commercial turism.
    India ( oh boy no thanks)

Last edited: