Customs fees on cars in lebanon

NMA

NMA

Hello

Is there a way I can find out what are the customs fees on any car I am planning to purchase from the US ?

I couldn't find it on the Ministry Of Interior Website.

• Advertisement
  • Leb_Rebel

Leb_Rebel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Hello

Is there a way I can find out what are the customs fees on any car I am planning to purchase from the US ?

Customs Duties and Taxes calculation for imported used vehicles
    Customs Duties and Taxes are based on the CIF (Cost + Insurance + Freight) value of the imported used vehicles, where the Cost is obtained from international references such as the Blue Book and Super Schwache Liste, and are calculated as follow:

First For CIF value up to 20 Million LBP, Customs and Excise Duties is 5,000,000 LBP
    And For CIF value above 20 Million LBP, Customs and Excise Duties rate is 50%
    And VAT equals (CIF Value + Customs and Excise Duties) x 10%

Practical Example 1:
    A used vehicle priced $23,700 according to Super Schwache Liste, and paid $1,000 for transport and $300 for insurance and other costs. The CIF Value (Cost & Insurance & Freight) is therefore equals to $25,000 which is equivalent to approximately 37,500,000 Lebanese Lira.
    Customs and Excise Duties = (5,000,000 + 17,500,000 X 50%) = (5,000,000 + 8,750,000) = 13,750,000 LBP
    VAT = (37,500,000 + 13,750,000) X 10% = 51,250,000 X 10% = 5,125,000 LBP
    Total to be paid = 13,750,000 + 5,125,000 = 18,875,000 LBP

Practical Example 2:
    A used vehicle priced $9,700 according to "Pvt_Party Good" in the Blue Book, and paid $1,000 for transport and $300 for insurance and other costs. The CIF Value (Cost & Insurance & Freight) is therefore equals to $11,000 which is equivalent to approximately 16,500,000 Lebanese Lira.

Customs and Excise Duties = 5,000,000 LBP
    VAT = (16,500,000 + 5,000,000) X 10% = 21,500,000 X 10% = 2,150,000 LBP
    Total to be paid = 5,000,000 + 2,150,000 = 7,150,000 LBP
    Customs - FAQ

Mich

Mich

Hello

Just double the amount of the car and you'll have the cost :p

Shev

Shev

custom fees on hybrid cars were supposed to be waived... but not yet

[VBTUBE]493tGJ6Fbbw[/VBTUBE]

and how can we get the cost of the vehicle as in the international references??

F

fouad1111

Dears, i work in custom clearing, if you have any question about custom's amount for cars just let me know.

GMA forever

GMA forever

Dears, i work in custom clearing, if you have any question about custom's amount for cars just let me know.
    Well let us say I bought a car for 40,000 euros in europe and I would like to ship it to Lebanon. How much should I pay custom fees for it?

F

fouad1111

Well let us say I bought a car for 40,000 euros in europe and I would like to ship it to Lebanon. How much should I pay custom fees for it?
    I need you to tell me the car make and year and details in order to tell you how much you pay.
    The value of the car is taken from sources and books that are credited from lebanese customs. like superschwacke book or KBB.

eLad

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I need you to tell me the car make and year and details in order to tell you how much you pay.
    The value of the car is taken from sources and books that are credited from lebanese customs. like superschwacke book or KBB.
    is there a minimum duty amount? i heard no matter what the car or the model is the duty to be paid can never be less than USD 4000?

F

fouad1111

is there a minimum duty amount? i heard no matter what the car or the model is the duty to be paid can never be less than USD 4000?
    Yes true . It is almost that amount. 5000000 L.L. plus tva.

cedarheart

cedarheart

Yes true . It is almost that amount. 5000000 L.L. plus tva.
    Hey Fouad,
    I heard that people importing a car for personal use, can get a temporary permit/license (not sure what it's called), use the car for 6 month, and then, after that period, file for customs and registration. This trick saves them some money as the car after 6 month age and the fees drop.
    Is that true? If so how does it work and what are the real savings?

thanks

F

fouad1111

Hey Fouad,
    I heard that people importing a car for personal use, can get a temporary permit/license (not sure what it's called), use the car for 6 month, and then, after that period, file for customs and registration. This trick saves them some money as the car after 6 month age and the fees drop.
    Is that true? If so how does it work and what are the real savings?

thanks
    Hello
    Yes this is true. But there are conditions like that you need to be a resident in the foreign country etc...
    And later on when you want to file for customs there is a gharameh that you must pay lal ifedeh l kezbeh.

If you want more details pm me so I can send you my phone number and ill explain in details what you need.

NMA

NMA

What is FPM's say on this ? Now that they're in power.

M

Moose

Hey fouad1111, I have a 2008 Mustang GT that I want to ship to Beirut. How much is that car worth there, and how much will I be paying custom and duty fees.
    Thanks;
    Please any help

T

TheLord

Thanks for the list PFC, but I can't find Mercedes GLK model there, how would they count the costum fee then?
    I can see that this list is for cars imported from the US, what if I have a German car? I heard that USD becomes EUR and the fee stays the same, is that true?