• Server is back - but we lost around 24 hours of data. Sorry for that :(
    الحق ع جبران باسيل

Dear Lebanon

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
But how do you want to do this? We need to teach people first respect regardless of sex, colour or race. Let them have respect first and to be on time for an appointment and the rest will just flow. One needs to have respect for their environment and should know that littering is wrong. One should have a place top put their garbage and no it isn't the floor.

You don't need to teach the people, the people will learn on their own. You need to teach the police/security forces: once it becomes clear that you can't mess with the law, do you think people will dare break it? Today if you drive a scooter without a helmet in front of a policeman, he will do nothing. And you will keep doing that... if they start arresting people and fining them for that, but continuously joy once in a blue moon for show, so yoI think any scooter driver will dare go out without a helmet? And whoever dares will spend a night in jail and be fined an extravagant amount of money... same for speeding, for honking, for crossing red lights, for not driving in their lanes... we need the police to become ruthless, only then will people respect them and what they represent, the law

!Aoune32

You don't need to teach the people, the people will learn on their own. You need to teach the police/security forces: once it becomes clear that you can't mess with the law, do you think people will dare break it? Today if you drive a scooter without a helmet in front of a policeman, he will do nothing. And you will keep doing that... if they start arresting people and fining them for that, but continuously joy once in a blue moon for show, so yoI think any scooter driver will dare go out without a helmet? And whoever dares will spend a night in jail and be fined an extravagant amount of money... same for speeding, for honking, for crossing red lights, for not driving in their lanes... we need the police to become ruthless, only then will people respect them and what they represent, the law

I don't disagree with some of what you are saying but that doesn't alleviate the responsibility on the individual. As I said above the issue of time for example. That has nothing to do with the government nor the law. The Lebanese don't have any respect for time hence they have no respect for the one who they made an appointment with. I would like to see one in Australia have a job interview and just not show up because he didn't feel like it.

Just to add we are always good at passing the buck. We need to take responsibility for our own actions not always blame others for why I am the way I am. :)

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Did anyone notice that the number of people walking around while horribly stinking, seems to have increased these past two years? Seriously...even employees in big shops walk around stinking and there is no management to send them home for a quick shower...And since we're at it...It is an extreme rarity today to find an employee, whether in private or public sector, who knows what he is doing, or who doesn't end up screwing up, even a simple matter that he is working on ...It's like you constantly have to deal with idiots, unqualified people, if not complete retards...

By the way...I could write pages on employees general behavior in all kind of sectors...People are simply going crazy...Like stupid crazy.

Standards have gone so low and are decreasing at the speed of light.

This country can only regress if no work is done whether on its people or on its environment...Signs of decay are becoming too obvious to

Nayla

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
3- People: Lebanese people need to be taught common sets of values. I'm not sure what is the best way to follow in order to reprogram them again, but I think that this is a long and slow process that should start, and keep growing over the years. The use of ads in TV and on billboards should be extensive. Small messages to engrave in people's minds. Over and over again.

First thing that the Lebanese needs to learn, is to wait in a line. I know that some might smile, but let me say how I personally consider it. A person that doesn't wait in the line, is a person that actually steals another person's turn. Whether when driving or standing in a queue. This is just theft. And not only that, it is also rude. Notice that we have reached a level, where people deal with each others on all matters with the same state of mind, with carelessness, rudeness, and theft. So there is a real correlation here.
yalla, I am working on this and I am very optimistic even though I am almost alone, but as you know me, I am a fighter and I never despair :p
Mneshteghil sawa, I am sure we will do miracles if we persevere.

!Aoune32

Did anyone notice that the number of people walking around while horribly stinking, seems to have increased these past two years? Seriously...even employees in big shops walk around stinking and there is no management to send them home for a quick shower...And since we're at it...It is an extreme rarity today to find an employee, whether in private or public sector, who knows what he is doing, or who doesn't end up screwing up, even a simple matter that he is working on ...It's like you constantly have to deal with idiots, unqualified people, if not complete retards...

By the way...I could write pages on employees general behavior in all kind of sectors...People are simply going crazy...Like stupid crazy.

This country can only regress if no work is done whether on its people or on its environment...Signs of decay are becoming too obvious to

It will continue to get worse friend. People simply don't care about anything or anyone anymore. Thank GOD I left the god forsaken country.

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It will continue to get worse friend. People simply don't care about anything or anyone anymore. Thank GOD I left the god forsaken country.

Lebanese today, have not much in common with Lebanese of three decades ago...Something serious is changing the nature of the society, and the trend has been going full speed in the last decade.

If no one starts addressing this problem, then Lebanon would soon disappear, with no one even bothering to care...

!Aoune32

Lebanese today, have not much in common with Lebanese of three decades ago...Something serious is changing the nature of the society, and the trend has been going full speed in the last decade.

If no one starts addressing this problem, then Lebanon would soon disappear, with no one even bothering to care...

It has been happening since 2005. I go to Lebanon every 2 years and stayed there for almost 1.5 years. It is just ridiculous. No one cares for anyone. Your own family members don't talk to you. They think they are better than you or of some sort of higher class. :)
I really don't know nor do I care about the people in Lebanon. The only thing that makes me feel or have some sort of feeling towards the country is the LAF and its martyrs (hope you know what I mean?).

!Aoune32

Just to add the decay is not only in public institutions. It is in the people and the whole structure of the government. People are just trying to survive and make a quick buck. They will sell their wives just to have money and live their lives. Their is no conscience, no principles, nothing. I experienced this first in 2005 and then thought that it would get better but it hasn't. It has gotten worse and to be honest I think we are too late. Those who live outside escaped this change and there is a conscience still in place. Most of them anyway.

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Life in this country is becoming more and more suffocating. No more decency nor good values to be seen around. People are becoming more and more hateful, disrespectful and aggressive. Economy is collapsing. Quality of life is mediocre. Extreme pollution. decay everywhere. Absence of a State. Rule of tribes and mafias. Corruption everywhere. No law nor order.

A society that has reached a status of decomposition, where Facebook stupid stories and disputes are the only point of interest. The Tabloids society.

I dare anyone to tell me that he is confident that his children will have a better life in this country, than the one that exists today. Does anyone still even care?

Last edited:

!Aoune32

Life in this country is becoming more and more suffocating. No more decency nor good values to be seen around. People are becoming more and more hateful, disrespectful and aggressive. Economy is collapsing. Quality of life is mediocre. Extreme pollution. decay everywhere. Absence of a State. Rule of tribes and mafias. Corruption everywhere. No law nor order.

A society that has reached a status of decomposition, where Facebook stupid stories and disputes are the only point of interest. The Tabloids society.

I dare anyone to tell me that he is confident that his children will have a better life in this country, then the one that exists today. Does anyone still even care?

You think people care? This change of attitude has happened since 2005. It is like the killing of Hariri changed people's mind or something or made them not care. It is people's attitude in general which is appaling. Any person who has some sort of morals they just laugh @ him and they think that he is an idiot. This is no way to raise your children. Thank GOD I am out of the country.

Zilzel

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You think people care? This change of attitude has happened since 2005. It is like the killing of Hariri changed people's mind or something or made them not care. It is people's attitude in general which is appaling. Any person who has some sort of morals they just laugh @ him and they think that he is an idiot. This is no way to raise your children. Thank GOD I am out of the country.

You're welcome, son.

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

I dare anyone to tell me that he is confident that his children will have a better life in this country, than the one that exists today. Does anyone still even care?

It's the heavy heat outside, it also suffocates the mood.
The most alarming however is the state of crushing apathy and sense of surrender. They're so well established and wide spread it is truly scary. It's like you are watching in slow motion a whole society mourn its own looming demise. Creepy.