Deep into Atheism

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

it actually was a woman physicist which goes to show how blindly you drive your argument in your bitter prejudice. you have not even seen that clip, yet you are willing to argue indefinitely out of ignorance about it. you are a fallen character in more ways than one.

hatred is also a very imaginary concept, yet that is the one god that you worship. to each his own.
Ok both women have imaginary friends. Is that better?

• Advertisement
  • R

ruins

But both men have imaginary friends.
    How did you cure yourself of your imaginary friends? It will be good if you enlighten us on your journey, among all atheists here, you are the only one who was hallucinating, had delusions, played with imaginary friends, and then acquired the knowledge of all popes and bishops to reject those imaginary friends. A brief history of your journey with your imaginary friends (when you were the most devout Christian on Earth) and after abandoning them (when you acquired the knowledge of all popes), will be very beneficial to other delusional individuals, it may even cure them, like you were cured.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    i disagree. from a theological perspective we as human beings are attracted towards existential truths, and these truths are addressed on all levels, there are concrete truths that can be concretely and empirically measured, while there are other types of truths that require a different approach. both in religion and in science man is at the pursuit of truth. in fact you could even postulate that this has been the driving force behind the rise of mankind. we are able to understand truth, and postulate about what the next unexplored step is, then go to explore it and validate it, and then make a new step forward.

the people who usually try to drive wedges between religion and science are people who are not concerned with truth, and it follows that you should be very weary of them, because abiding to truth is the precursor to all evil, whereas its opposite is the foundation for utopia. there could be neither sin nor crime where truth is not violated. and in fact this is one of the essential teachings of both Christianity and science, respect truth. now it is probably true that very few people subscribe to this perspective, but you can rest assured these are truly the salt of the earth and the light of the world.

the subject is goes much deeper in theology, especially with all truth originating from God, and this becomes even deeper with Christ's revelation on the subject as in "Ego Sum Via, Veritas et Vita", the Christian notion of the Logos, the ties between truth, freedom and Love, and the evil that is associated with the absence of truth.
    n'2ilt eh aw n'2ilt la2, you did agree with me my friend :) After all, your faith is now cemented in you through deep religious reflections and experiences, ultimately, revealing what for you has become the ultimate "truth", and it has offered you utter satisfaction. This is what I'm saying 🧚‍♂️

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Staff member
    I dont like this kind of approaching people who hav no access/not done any research on the subject and just know it from the words of their religious leaders.
    Fiya chwayet hypocrisy. Its like going to the street and debating som mathematical theorems with a random guy.

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    I dont like this kind of approaching people who hav no access/not done any research on the subject and just know it from the words of their religious leaders.
    Fiya chwayet hypocrisy. Its going to the street and debating som mathematical theorems with a random guy.
    He's not debating people. He's just asking them what they think about the subject.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Staff member
    He's not debating people. He's just asking them what they think about the subject.
    Still its a kind of entrapment, i.e those people mostly hav no idea what they’re talking abt(it's pretty damn clear with som of the interviewees).

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Still its a kind of entrapment, i.e those people mostly hav no idea what they’re talking abt(it's pretty damn clear with som of the interviewees).
    Keef they don't know? They know what an atheist is and how they would react to one.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Staff member
    Keef they don't know? They know what an atheist is and how they would react to one.
    When i was 10 i also knew about atheism, and how it makes the soul and life void of meaning and purpose. And it scared the bananas out of me. Most of thise people are at that level. Blocked by what their religions dpeak of it.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

I didn't watch the whole video, but it looks a big number of Palestinians believe atheism is a personal freedom.
    As long as they're not calling for atheists to be hanged, they're entitled to their opinion. (whether they think we're misguided or not)

I

ignis

When i was 10 i also knew about atheism, and how it makes the soul and life void of meaning and purpose. And it scared the bananas out of me. Most of thise people are at that level. Blocked by what their religions dpeak of it.
    What is the higher level atheism? can you please shed some light on it or refer us to the literature?

Nasser

Nasser

Staff member
    I didn't watch the whole video, but it looks a big number of Palestinians believe atheism is a personal freedom.
    As long as they're not calling for atheists to be hanged, they're entitled to their opinion. (whether they think we're misguided or not)
    We have to keep in mind people aren't usually that honest when talking to strangers, specially while on camera too :)

I

ignis

Atheism Masquerading As Science
    Dinesh D'Souza | Apr 14, 2008 12:00 AM

The problem with evolution is not that it is unscientific but that it is routinely taught in textbooks and in the classroom in an atheist way. Textbooks frequently go beyond the scientific evidence to make metaphysical claims about how evolution renders the idea of a Creator superfluous. Here are some examples that are drawn from my recent bestseller What’s So Great About Christianity.

Harvard biologist E.O. Wilson writes in his widely-assigned book On Human Nature: "If humankind evolved by Darwinian natural selection, genetic chance and environmental necessity, not God, made the species."

Biologist Stephen Jay Gould writes in his essay in the book Darwin's Legacy: "No intervening spirit watches lovingly over the affairs of nature...whatever we think of God, his existence is not manifest in the products of nature."

Douglas Futuyma asserts in his textbook Evolutionary Biology: "By coupling undirected, purposeless variation to the blind, uncaring process of natural selection, Darwin made theological or spiritual explanations of the life processes superfluous."

Biologist William Provine writes, "Modern science directly implies that there are no inherent moral or ethical laws...We must conclude that when we die, we die, and that is the end of us." Evolution, Provine has also said, is the "greatest engine of atheism."

In his essay on "Darwin's Revolution" in the book Creative Evolution, Francisco Ayala credits Darwin with proving that life is "the result of a natural process...without any need to resort to a Creator."

Some Christians seek to counter this atheism by trying to expose the flaws in the Darwinian account of evolution. This explains the appeal of "creation science" and the "intelligent design" (ID) movement. These critiques, however, have not made any headway in the scientific community and they have also failed whenever they have been tried in the courts.

Most Christians don't care whether the eye evolved by natural selection or whether Darwin's theories can account for macroevolution or only microevolution. What they care about is that evolution is being used to deny God as the creator. For those who are concerned about this atheism masquerading as science, there is a better way. Instead of trying to get unscientific ID theories included in the classroom, a better strategy would be to get the unscientific atheist propaganda out.

How can this be achieved?

Consider this: the First Amendment to the Constitution prohibits public schools from teaching or promoting atheism in any way. How do I know this? Well, the religion clauses of the First Amendment protect the "free exercise" of religion and at the same time forbid the "establishment" of religion. Courts have routinely held that the free exercise clause protects not only religious beliefs but also the absence of religious beliefs. If you are fired from your government job because you are an atheist, your First Amendment rights have been violated. In other words, the term "religion" means not only "religion" but also "atheism."

Yet if the free exercise clause defines religion in a way that includes atheism, then the no-establishment clause must define religion in the same way. So the agencies of government are prohibited from "establishing" not only religion but also atheism. This means that just as a public school teacher cannot advocate Christianity or hand out Bibles to his students, so too public school textbooks and science teachers cannot advocate atheism.

I'd like to see Christian legal groups suing school districts for promoting atheism in the biology classroom. No need to produce creationist or ID critiques of Darwinism. All that is necessary is to parade the atheist claims that have made their way into the biology textbooks and biology lectures. The issue isn't the scientific inadequacy of evolution but the way in which it is being used to undermine religious belief and promote unbelief. If the case can be made that atheism is being advocated in any way, then the textbooks would have to be rewritten and classroom presentations changed to remove the offending material. Schools would be on notice that they cannot use scientific facts to draw metaphysical conclusions in favor of atheism.

In this way Darwinism in the public schools would no longer be a threat to religion in general or Christianity in particular.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Staff member

A little glimpse of lebanese who reneged their religions