Deep Into Christianity

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Dark Angel, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    Jesus and the Christian Response to Islam - Nabeel Qureshi, PhD

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dark Angel

Dark Angel Legendary Member

100%
    poor nabil is going though a very tough phase...

3. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    Yes I know :(

4. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    This man takes things I've thought about and pushes them to an astounding level.

5. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    Someone posted Kesha's new song, Prayers, on Facebook today. While this is not the genre of music I listen to, I was surprised to see that Christian symbols and values (such as praying for your enemies) were represented in the song and video.

The backstory is that, in real life, Kesha went through a very difficult time with a very abusive work partner. But she was forced to keep working with him until her contract ended.

It seems the painful episode gave her a spiritual awakening. It is impressive that she chose this response, rather than the faux-bravado or petty clichés you'd expect from a pop star.

It is also brave of her to embrace her faith openly and to represent it faithfully, in an age when it is "un-cool" to do so.

We are far from Madonna's exploitation of Christian symbolism.

6. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    Bishop Barron on Pride, Humility, and Social Media

7. SeaAb

SeaAb Well-Known Member
    Orange Room Supporter

34%
    Minute 0:53:30
    Minute 1:07:00

8. Dark Angel

100%
    what do you think of that personally? :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. SeaAb

SeaAb Well-Known Member
    Orange Room Supporter

34%
    I've always believed that the majority of the clergy are hypocrites and untrustworthy. The beautiful message preached is no where to be found in real life and this social experiment among other things proves it. With that said, I can't ignore the beautiful priest who bought the kid a sweater - true hero in my eyes.

10. Dark Angel

100%
    there is nothing heroic about what the father did. this is the least he could have done. there is something quite troublesome in the person who supposedly has devoted his or her life to Christ and then come about to treat others as such. i have encountered several people as such throughout my life. during the heaviest periods of the Lebanese war, once during the war at my own school which had its own well and endless supply of water a nun wanted to prevent the neighbors from getting any water to drink after they all ran out.

it is a well known fact that l' habit ne fait pas le moine. but that said, it is quite wrong to project this image as the norm, and claim the majority of the clergy are hypocrites with a minority or an exception of good people that you have referred to as heroes; when the reality is the other way around.

more to it, the clergy are far from being perfect. they have their own issues and their majority they are normal folks who struggle with the same aspects of life as we do.

there are two important points though that should be made. this is the first time mbc did not remove a Christian symbol or even the name of Jesus from a show, previously it has always been censored. the only exception that was made was to showcase this outrageous nun.

the second point has more to do with the psychology of the masses, not many people focused on the priest, and most attempted to showcase the nun. which also points out why many people might wrongly share your perception and identify the majority of the clergy identify with this one nun but not with that priest.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dark Angel

100%
    ^^^^ ok that was messed up, and probably not in english :p but you get the idea :p

12. Indie

Indie Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

48%
    Jordan Peterson - Preparing For Your World to Come to an End (What the story of Noah is about)

13. kmarthe

kmarthe Legendary Member
    Staff Member

100%
    Turin Shroud is stained with the blood of a torture victim, new research reveals

New research claims the Shroud of Turin is stained with the blood of a torture victim, supporting the theory that it was used to bury Jesus.

The Shroud of Turin in a linen cloth, three meters in length, that bears an image of a man some believe to be Jesus Christ. The cloth is thought by many to have been used to wrap Christ’s body after his crucifixion.

The new research, carried out by various institutions under Italy’s National Research Council and published in the US scientific journal Plos One, contradicts the theory that Jesus’ face was painted onto the cloth by forgers in medieval times.

Elvio Carlino, who led the research at the Institute of Crystallography in Bari, Italy, says the cloth contains nanoparticles of creatinine bounded with small nanoparticles of iron oxide, which indicate severe trauma rather than paint.

The victim wrapped in the funeral cloth likely underwent “great suffering” before his death, said Carlino speaking to Italian newspaper La Stampa.

Professor Giulio Fanti from the University of Padua agreed the blood contained high levels of creatinine and ferritin, usually found in victims who suffer trauma or torture.

“Hence, the presence of these biological nanoparticles found during our experiments point to a violent death for the man wrapped in the Turin Shroud,” said Fanti.

This study marks the first time “the nanoscale properties of a pristine fiber taken from the Turin Shroud” were analysed using “methods recently developed in the field of electron microscopy,” according to Carlino.

Turin Shroud is stained with the blood of a torture victim, new research reveals — RT Viral

• Like Like x 1