• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Informational Deep Into Christianity

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Do you even know the definition of "ego?"

The ego, by definition, refers to the self. Did I mention myself in that sentence? No.

Would you like me to point out real instances of the ego speaking in your posts?

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
Francis vs Raii
DKKchwAWsAADYA7.jpg
DKKcimUXUAAD6KF.jpg

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Francis vs Raii
DKKchwAWsAADYA7.jpg
DKKcimUXUAAD6KF.jpg

There have always been, are, and will probably always be Christians who are not good representatives of Christianity. Furthermore, most Christians are good representatives of Christianity in some aspects, or during some periods of their life, and not such good representatives in other aspects and during other periods of their life. This is the nature of human beings.

But only those who seek to harm Christianity, and / or have a personal grudge against it (or some aspects of it), will attempt to use the human faillibility of Christians to discredit Christianity (or some aspects of it).

Impera

Maybe the Renault R4 cannot be armoured enough for Lebanon?

It's called setting an example.

1- Who's going to kill the Patriarch

2-Sallamna jadalan inno he's a target, there are far cheaper cars (who offer the same efficiancy and the ability to be well-armoured) than a new 150 000-200 000$ S-class.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Asking someone to learn more about Chrsitianity before passing judgement, is like asking them to delve deeper into Greek mythology.

If I learm more about Zeus, such as the fact that he had a goat named Amalthea, will that make him less fictional for me?
He's a man-made concept just like the Christian God.

really? a Man made concept? inno a Man made concept is invalid? leish ya mr atheist inta can you think of any concept that is not Man made? do you realize the oxymorons you swim in?

concepts by definition are man made, all concepts in the universe are Man made, the question however is why is there a universe, why there is a Man, and where did both Man and the universe come from.

still when you discuss physics, which is another Man made concept, you discuss it according to its known truth, you do not reinvent in your head, the same applies to all other Man made concepts, including philosophy and faith; even if you are an atheist.

the fact that we have to point these things out to adult human beings who supposedly went to college and earned a degree is quite disturbing.

Last edited:

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
It's called setting an example.

1- Who's going to kill the Patriarch

2-Sallamna jadalan inno he's a target, there are far cheaper cars (who offer the same efficiancy and the ability to be well-armoured) than a new 150 000-200 000$ S-class.
some people have their minds and hearts in the wrong place, the clergy unfortunately is not an exception, some are good some are still trying.

kmarthe

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
still trying? :lol:

I hope they take this man (a Sunni convert to Christianity whose faith is thousand times stronger than countless so-called Christians) as an example in the process of learning humility and how to follow Christ both in saying and doing... God bless Fr. Majdi..

PrMajdi.jpg

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
DA says they're trying, i say they're hypocrites and con artists. They know exactly what they're doing. :)

Sure...that could apply to some of them but surely not all of them :)

Most people are neither totally evil or totally good...but somewhere in between.

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
Sure...that could apply to some of them but surely not all of them :)

Most people are neither totally evil or totally good...but somewhere in between.
Akid not all of them. The likes of Father Majdi who live with the common people, help them and serve them on a daily basis 3a rase min fo2 and are better than me 1000 marra... My issue is with the matarne i see on tv. Kil wa7ad nete3le convoy of luxury cars and live a lifestyle that's different than the one they preach.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Akid not all of them. The likes of Father Majdi who live with the common people, help them and serve them on a daily basis 3a rase min fo2 and are better than me 1000 marra... My issue is with the matarne i see on tv. Kil wa7ad nete3le convoy of luxury cars and live a lifestyle that's different than the one they preach.

Agreed. My issue is when people use such examples to negatively taint the whole clergy.

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
Agreed. My issue is when people use such examples to negatively taint the whole clergy.
I hate generalizing but you have to admit there's a real problem when the top religious figures are hypocrites.

I remember learning about Imam Ali when i was a kid. He was always giving away his belongings to the poor and sharing whatever meal he had. He used to say 'When the poor look at me they see me as one of them, living like them'. To me, religious figures have to be like that. It's not easy, but that's the life they chose - to serve the poor.

Last edited:

kmarthe

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Why see only the luxury cars, weyn re7et bel kerech? When they start their priesthood life they are usually slim, then the more they get higher in the ecclesiastical hierarchy their weight also goes up.

I agree with @Indie about the fact that those should not be used to generalize, but the problem is that the humble priests serving modestly their communities usually keep low profile and don't appear in the media. I am against that because people like Father Majdi are using the media to show that the Church is still doing well despite some rotten apples. Fr. Majdi is helping to keep the hope alive in the clergy. Do you understand now why we say the Holy Spirit has been guarding the Church since two thousand years :) Had it not been for this Divine hand, the Church would have been gone long time ago because of the corrupted human nature...

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I hate generalizing but you have to admit there's a real problem with the top religious figures are hypocrites.

There are many, many selfless and dedicated members of the clergy. You just don't hear about them in the news because the press loves a good scandal.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
I hate generalizing but you have to admit there's a real problem when the top religious figures are hypocrites.

I remember learning about Imam Ali when i was a kid. He was always giving away his belongings to the poor and sharing whatever meal he had. He used to say 'When the poor look at me they see me as one of them, living like them'. To me, religious figures have to be like that. It's not easy, but that's the life they chose - to serve the poor.
it is the same wherever you go, some matarneh are quite good, some others are still learning :p