Informational Deep Into Christianity

• Advertisement
  • Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    So the first verse (on Psalms) is not true? Not divide? Not inspirer by God? Not of God? Or he changed Hismind? He became more loving and caring? 7ayyartineh/7ayyaretneh
    why are you confused? you have always been told that the only Word of God is Christ.

observe what the OT says, and what Christ says:
    Deuteronomy 19:21
    Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.
    Matthew 5:38-42
    You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."

you have always asked the same question and received the same answer, the only Word of God is Christ. the word of God is not a collection of words sorted in a book. the OT is a collection of books and passages of several types, some have a historic value, like the verse you have quoted from a psalm depicting when the jews were enslaved to babylon.

let me help you though, you are not actually confused, but it is essential for you to pretend being confused simply to have access to the amo you need, so it is understandable why you have to reject the Christian perspective on this issue. now you can choose to recognize the transition that Christ made and the authority of Christ on this matter, and you can continue to pretend you didn't notice that, and keep attempting to deal the contradiction card, but that will not present you as an honest seeker of truth, but rather as someone attempting to disfigure the truth. you can understand the Christian perspective without becoming Christian, just in case :)

but here is the interesting observation though for you to ponder upon
    quran 5:45
    وكتبنا عليهم فيها أن النفس بالنفس والعين بالعين والأنف بالأنف والأذن بالأذن والسن بالسن والجروح قصاص فمن تصدق به فهو كفارة له ومن لم يحكم بما أنزل الله فأولئك هم الظالمون​
    And We ordained for them therein a life for a life, an eye for an eye, a nose for a nose, an ear for an ear, a tooth for a tooth, and for wounds is legal retribution. But whoever gives [up his right as] charity, it is an expiation for him. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the wrongdoers.​

you can notice the clear return to the jewish laws that Christ corrected. the quran was presented with such a spirit, get back to the old jewish laws and undermine everything that Christ established.

so while the quran and the old testament reflect the same image of the divine and resemble each other in the core, we uphold the old testament as sacred indeed - because in it we can observe the development of faith leading to the ultimate revelation of God in Christ - but our hearts and minds are elsewhere:)

Last edited:
    So the first verse (on Psalms) is not true? Not divide? Not inspirer by God? Not of God? Or he changed His mind? He became more loving and caring? 7ayyartineh/7ayyaretneh
    This is an impressive revelation. We, as Christian, never knew that this happened and are now utterly shocked at how God changed his mind. Won't you ask us also how God prayed to himself, so that you shatter our beliefs? Perhaps you need to re-brush on your Deedat and come back again with your old arguments, assuming we forgot that you participated in this thread before and put forth the exact same arguments, with a pint of Deedat.

why are you confused? you have always been told that the only Word of God is Christ.

observe what the OT says, and what Christ says:
    Deuteronomy 19:21
    Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.
    Matthew 5:38-42
    You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."

you have always asked the same question and received the same answer, the only Word of God is Christ. the word of God is not a collection of words sorted in a book. the OT is a collection of books and passages of several types, some have a historic value, like the verse you have quoted from a psalm depicting when the jews were enslaved to babylon.

let me help you though, you are not actually confused, but it is essential for you to pretend being confused simply to have access to the amo you need, so it is understandable why you have to reject the Christian perspective on this issue. now you can choose to recognize the transition that Christ made and the authority of Christ on this matter, and you can continue to pretend you didn't notice that, and keep attempting to deal the contradiction card, but that will not present you as an honest seeker of truth, but rather as someone attempting to disfigure the truth. you can understand the Christian perspective without becoming Christian, just in case :)

but here is the interesting observation though for you to ponder upon
    quran 5:45
    وكتبنا عليهم فيها أن النفس بالنفس والعين بالعين والأنف بالأنف والأذن بالأذن والسن بالسن والجروح قصاص فمن تصدق به فهو كفارة له ومن لم يحكم بما أنزل الله فأولئك هم الظالمون​
    And We ordained for them therein a life for a life, an eye for an eye, a nose for a nose, an ear for an ear, a tooth for a tooth, and for wounds is legal retribution. But whoever gives [up his right as] charity, it is an expiation for him. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the wrongdoers.​

you can notice the clear return to the jewish laws that Christ corrected. the quran was presented with such a spirit, get back to the old jewish laws and undermine everything that Christ established.

so while the quran and the old testament reflect the same image of the divine and resemble each other in the core, we uphold the old testament as sacred indeed - because in it we can observe the development of faith leading to the ultimate revelation of God in Christ - but our hearts and minds are elsewhere:)
    My dear friend, you have just made a statement: no matter what, just accept it as it is. Its not that simple. You believe the OT was inspired by God. You believe the OT is also part of the "Holy Bible". How you choose to understand it is a choice. How others see it is also their choice. God was " an eye for an eye God" who approved of so many things in the Bible. Then He later became a "turn thy other cheek God" in the NT. When you talk of an "eye for an eye" and you distance yourself and Jesus from it, you shouldn't forget it was the same God, right? Was it the same God? A simple yes or no would settle this discussion.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Fi shi sect they're known for this?
    i know that the eastern orthodox Church dips the baby in water three times, but nothing that i know of resembles that video above.
    this is a typical greek Orthodox baptism

this is how it usually occurs on the catholic side of things, catholics are not toughies at all :p

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    My dear friend, you have just made a statement: no matter what, just accept it as it is. Its not that simple. You believe the OT was inspired by God. You believe the OT is also part of the "Holy Bible". How you choose to understand it is a choice. How others see it is also their choice. God was " an eye for an eye God" who approved of so many things in the Bible. Then He later became a "turn thy other cheek God" in the NT. When you talk of an "eye for an eye" and you distance yourself and Jesus from it, you shouldn't forget it was the same God, right? Was it the same God? A simple yes or no would settle this discussion.
    it is not exactly a choice. you are free to interpret things the way you want, but not all interpretations are correct and sustainable. however i am pointing out that what you are referring to as a contradiction in God, is one that arises only when you begin from the wrong premises.

but in order to realize that, you should know that the way to perceive God in Christianity is very different than the one in Islam and Judaism. the later fall within the bigger scheme of "I am Your God, this is how it is like, worship me or else", while Christianity falls more into the "let's get to know each other, even if it takes a long time"

as such the bible both in its NT and OT parts, becomes simply an aid through a Journey, it is not a step by step walk through. and a journey here is the keyword. the old testament itself describes the journey of the chosen people across history all the way until the coming of Christ, while the new testament is a witness account of the people who encountered Christ and walked with Him. it is very far from the nature of the quran.

so the approach of "look here what is written" and "look there what is written" they are in sharp contradictions, does not work. because this is about a record of the progressive journey of knowing God, it is a journey of discovery and revelation, with the ultimate revelation being in walked with Christ who walked with us. the OT depicts the journey of the Jewish people all the way since abraham, and the NT depicts the Journey of the disciples with Christ. and we are also on that Journey, it is not all that different from meeting someone for the first time, and knowing them more and more as the days go by.

Last edited:

SeaAb

Staff member
    My kind of saint! :)

St. Francis of Assisi & the Wolf of Gubbio, Italy.

Hurt & scared, the wolf was saved by Assisi, and taken care of by the people of the town of Gubbio.

"Brother Wolf", as they called him, became the fierce protector of the village until passing away peacefully from old age.

Dd_VTBKU0AAIELj.jpg
    Dd_VT4sVQAA9hi9.jpg
    Dd_VU9LV0AAaFfw.jpg
    Dd_VVZMVAAEMQNn.jpg

mrsrx

Orange Room Supporter
    My kind of saint! :)

St. Francis of Assisi & the Wolf of Gubbio, Italy.

Hurt & scared, the wolf was saved by Assisi, and taken care of by the people of the town of Gubbio.

"Brother Wolf", as they called him, became the fierce protector of the village until passing away peacefully from old age.

Dd_VTBKU0AAIELj.jpg
    Dd_VT4sVQAA9hi9.jpg
    Dd_VU9LV0AAaFfw.jpg
    Dd_VVZMVAAEMQNn.jpg
    The starks always protected winterfell!

Oh you're back for the religious discussions :) Ya hala.. even though I guess you are looking here for a fachit khele2 after the latest political setup ;) OK, let's see your answers to what DA explained before I join the conversation...
    There's really nothing to reply. I'm used to the way DA debates and prove religious arguments. Something is $*** and he argues that because it looks somewhat like butter therefore we must accept it is butter, because we are capable of accepting it as butter.

The same god of the bible kills children, allows cannibalism, commits genocide in monstrous proportions, considers men who committed incest and adultery as exemplary and this same god later own killed his own son because he demands blood from himself to himself and for himself...and we are told that we must view the OT and NT as different. They're either two different gods, or the same one with personality disorders. You see why I choose to be Muslim? The Islam simply write off those accounts as nothing of a holy text but forgeries and fabricated stories.