Informational Deep Into Christianity

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
He’s the Pope though. He may be human, but his status warrants him to react differently than ordinary humans.
You spend your whole life with cameras stuck in your face and let's see how well you come across.

The man had one moment of weakness. No need to make a big deal out of it.

It’s either that or at 80 years old, he still has much work to do on his inner qualities.
We all do. That's the whole point of being Christian. Everyone should be busy with the state of their own soul, instead of wasting time pointing their finger at others.

As for what happened between the Pope and the Asian woman, I think it’s due to celibacy. He has no experience with women, and thus reacted in a manner which is manifested in men with deep insecurities.
What a silly comment. Do you people look at everything through the lens of sexuality? I suggest you rethink your unhealthy obsession instead of trying to analyse other's motivations. The man was pulled so roughly that he lost his balance and almost fell. As if he would have reacted more kindly if the person who grabbed him was a man!

As an aside, let's change the title of this thread, once and for all, and call it the anti-Catholic propaganda thread. There are no deep discussions about Christianity to be found here; just the usual haters and their gossip.

Last edited:
  • Advertisement
  • NewLeb

NewLeb

You spend your whole life with cameras stuck in your face and let's see how well you come across.
    What difference does it make? A conscious spirit is one that is perceptive of the Light in all instances of existence, regardless of the material obstacles that may veil it.

The man had one moment of weakness. No need to make a big deal out of it.
    You’re the one who’s making a big deal out of it. I’m just making simple observations. If you want to define it as “weakness,” that’s on you. I don’t.

We all do. That's the whole point of being Christian. Everyone should be busy with the state of their own soul, instead of wasting time pointing their finger at others.
    We can learn however from the blatant missteps of supposed spiritual masters. You’d rather defend him at all costs and sweep it all under a rug. There’s no need to take it so personal, which is exactly what the pope did in the above video.

What a silly comment. Do you people look at everything through the lens of sexuality?
    No, but to a considerable extent, sex is a major component of what defines human will. We can’t, and shouldn’t, ignore it.

As if he would have reacted more kindly if the person who grabbed him was a man!
    You missed the point. Since it was indeed a woman who grabbed him, it would have behooved him to act in a manner where he didn’t react in the fashion that he did. His lack of experience with the female gender, as I argued, is complicit in this.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What difference does it make? A conscious spirit is one that is perceptive of the Light in all instances of existence, regardless of the material obstacles that may veil it.

You’re the one who’s making a big deal out of it. I’m just making simple observations. If you want to define it as “weakness,” that’s on you. I don’t.

We can learn however from the blatant missteps of supposed spiritual masters. You’d rather defend him at all costs and sweep it all under a rug. There’s no need to take it so personal, which is exactly what the pope did in the above video.

No, but to a considerable extent, sex is a major component of what defines human will. We can’t, and shouldn’t, ignore it.

You missed the point. Since it was indeed a woman who grabbed him, it would have behooved him to act in a manner where he didn’t react in the fashion that he did. His lack of experience with the female gender, as I argued, is complicit in this.
    None of this refutes the points I made. Then again, you think the instictive sexual drive defines human will.

I suggest you look up the definitions of these words, after you're done examining your own thinking and behaviour. It will do you more good than judging the pope.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have other things to busy myself with.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

coreligionist? what you are failing to realize is that your eagerness to cram everyone together so that you could generalize the exceptions and pass your verdict reflects only on you.

a normal person with a minimal set of reasoning abilities would realize that a wide spectrum of people subscribe to different religions, and some are bound to represent extremist views. el shatara my friend and the real test, is not to rely on the exceptions, but rather on the rules.

and the rule is that all those who willingly contribute to violence, let alone when they contribute to taking another person's life, have indeed shunned Christ away from their own lives, regardless of what they resort to in order to validate their actions.

and as you no doubt know by now, intentionally twisting reality is also a grave sign of evil as far as Christianity is concerned.
    But Christ being one person of YHWH the Godhead means that the instructions of the Old Testament cannot negated. YHWH leads the Children of Israel from bondage to the Promised Land by slaughtering men, women and children. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth and life for a life, at least as self-defense. The Son cannot contradict the Father.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    But Christ being one person of YHWH the Godhead means that the instructions of the Old Testament cannot negated. YHWH leads the Children of Israel from bondage to the Promised Land by slaughtering men, women and children. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth and life for a life, at least as self-defense. The Son cannot contradict the Father.
    and yet Christ was very clear in particular about that point
    Mat-5: Retaliation
    38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic,[a] let him have your cloak as well. 41 And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Christ's authority is final.

if that is too difficult for you and you do not possess the faith, the strength and the courage to overcome evil then Christianity may not be the right choice for you. you can easily fall into one of the many other religions where violence and revenge are sanctioned under all kinds of pretexts. so if you are a Christian and find that Christ teachings do not resonate with you, then by all means, stop following Him and using His name.

People should not look into Christianity and God to validate any hatred that is working them out. they want to kill people, they want people to kill each other, take revenge upon one another, that is a manifestation of their own desires and they should not mask it with God's will.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic,[a] let him have your cloak as well. 41 And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

if that is too difficult for you and you do not possess the faith, the strength and the courage to overcome evil then Christianity may not be the right choice for you. you can easily fall into one of the many other religions where violence and revenge are sanctioned under all kinds of pretexts. so if you are a Christian and find that Christ teachings do not resonate with you, then by all means, stop following Him and using His name.

People should not look into Christianity and God to validate any hatred that is working them out. they want to kill people, they want people to kill each other, take revenge upon one another, that is a manifestation of their own desires and they should not mask it with God's will.
    Yes but he couldn't have meant it in the absolute, he was teaching his disciples a lesson. One, because he would contradict the Father and two because how do you act if let's say ISIS invaded Lebanon right now? Should we lay down and let them massacre us?

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Yes but he couldn't have meant it in the absolute, he was teaching his disciples a lesson. One, because he would contradict the Father and two because how do you act if let's say ISIS invaded Lebanon right now? Should we lay down and let them massacre us?
    people will reap what they have been sowing. when the mentality of hatred and vengeance becomes dominant then it is inescapable that it will manifest itself in groups like isis. you simply reap what you sow, and those who take by the sword will be taken by the sword, in a continuous cycle of ever increasing violence and destruction. however when the notions of forgiveness and amity rule instead, with a sincere and genuine desire for justice and truth, then the ideology of isis will be suffocated and won't be allowed to grow and fester. isis is simply a symptom of a deeper ideological travesty.

it takes courage and strength to break that cycle, in particular when the drums of war are beating so loudly.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

people will reap what they have been sowing. when the mentality of hatred and vengeance becomes dominant then it is inescapable that it will manifest itself in groups like isis. you simply reap what you sow, and those who take by the sword will be taken by the sword, in a continuous cycle of ever increasing violence and destruction. however when the notions of forgiveness and amity rule instead, with a sincere and genuine desire for justice and truth, then the ideology of isis will be suffocated and won't be allowed to grow and fester. isis is simply a symptom of a deeper ideological travesty.

it takes courage and strength to break that cycle, in particular when the drums of war are beating so loudly.
    That is correct but not accurate. I simply have no role in creating or fostering the Shia-Sunni split or the Jewish-Arab conflict. When a group is invading my land, if I defend my own village by killing the invaders, am I going against Christian teachings?

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The Christianity of Catholicism and Orthodoxy is a powerhouse of philosophy, theology, and culture to behold. So much humanity and arts and sciences was born out of this notion. However Evangelical Christianity, the ridiculous Americanized and mutated version of Christ is so absurd and so unfortunately popular and powerful that it is actually disturbing our region for many years. Why is Evangelicalism so popular and how did it become so? And what can real Christians, Catholics and Orthodox of course, do stop this heresy?

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

The Christianity of Catholicism and Orthodoxy is a powerhouse of philosophy, theology, and culture to behold. So much humanity and arts and sciences was born out of this notion. However Evangelical Christianity, the ridiculous Americanized and mutated version of Christ is so absurd and so unfortunately popular and powerful that it is actually disturbing our region for many years. Why is Evangelicalism so popular and how did it become so? And what can real Christians, Catholics and Orthodox of course, do stop this heresy?
    Instigate a coup in the GOP.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    That is correct but not accurate. I simply have no role in creating or fostering the Shia-Sunni split or the Jewish-Arab conflict. When a group is invading my land, if I defend my own village by killing the invaders, am I going against Christian teachings?
    indeed you are. your role is to mend the wounds around you, even if it was not within your community. the fact that i have to explain this to a supposed Christian is really sad. this is part of the reason why our community is crumbling.. you simply no longer have a clue about right and wrong, true and false. beyond sad.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

indeed you are. your role is to mend the wounds around you, even if it was not within your community. the fact that i have to explain this to a supposed Christian is really sad. this is part of the reason why our community is crumbling.. you simply no longer have a clue about right and wrong, true and false. beyond sad.
    Ya3ne in other words, If I let the invaders who are attacking my village slaughter me and rape and kill my family, I would be in complete alignment with Christian teachings because I have turned the other cheek? And how will me turning the other cheek mend the wounds around me? On the contrary, it will create more destruction and mischief and wiping out an entire population.

Turning the other cheek can serve as an educational tool that one will not succumb to the wrongdoing of others, but there are exceptions.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    this is mostly due to the absence of a central authority that carries out the theological heritage and collectively evolves in harmony with the theology. some our evangelical brothers sometimes byefta7o 3ala 7sebon without many restrictions in place. each system has its pros and cons, but as far as the theology and the doctrine are concerned, the Catholic church, despite its shortcomings at times, ensures a proper continuation

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Ya3ne in other words
    wa22ef hown. if you have something to say, say it about my own words, not about that "in other words" of yours. this is yet another one of the travesties that has befallen our community. you invent and twist REALITY to fit your own perspective.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

wa22ef hown. if you have something to say, say it about my own words, not about that "in other words" of yours. this is yet another one of the travesties that has befallen our community. you invent and twist REALITY to fit your own perspective.
    Didn't I accurately reformulate your answer? If not, then answer me plainly. If I let myself and my family be raped and slaughtered by a group of invaders because you don't fight evil with evil, will I be in accord with Christ's teachings?

Q: When a group is invading my land, if I defend my own village by killing the invaders, am I going against Christian teachings?
    A: indeed you are. your role is to mend the wounds around you

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Didn't I accurately reformulate your answer? If not, then answer me plainly. If I let myself and my family be raped and slaughtered by a group of invaders because you don't fight evil with evil, will I be in accord with Christ's teachings?

Q: When a group is invading my land, if I defend my own village by killing the invaders, am I going against Christian teachings?
    A: indeed you are. your role is to mend the wounds around you
    it seems that accuracy and precision no longer figure in the mind of the Lebanese people.
    you keep paraphrasing and changing facts to fit into your own narrow perspective.

you said you have no role in fostering the divides around you, i am telling you that your role is to mend the divides and heal them before they become threatening to you. the fact that they have evolved that much to constitute such a threat is the evidence that our people have shed their Christianity away, and they simply retain a hollow identity.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

it seems that accuracy and precision no longer figure in the mind of the Lebanese people.
    you keep paraphrasing and changing facts to fit into your own narrow perspective.

you said you have no role in fostering the divides around you, i am telling you that your role is to mend the divides and heal them before they become threatening to you. the fact that they have evolved that much to constitute such a threat is the evidence that you have shed your Christianity away.
    Okay, then help me reclaim my Christianity. If I let myself and my family be raped and slaughtered by a group of invaders because you don't fight evil with evil, will I be in accord with Christ's teachings?

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

He is the original Christian, Jesus and his church changed :p

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Okay, then allow me to reclaim my Christianity. If I let myself and my family be raped and slaughtered by a group of invaders because you don't fight evil with evil, will I be in accord with Christ's teachings?
    if you are not currently doing anything to peacefully and actively avert that potential threat, but instead you are simply readying your weapons filled with the desire to kill whoever dares trespass into your town, convincing yourself that this is all about divine justice and retribution, then yes, by all means, you would be going against Christ's teaching.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

if you are not currently doing anything to peacefully and actively avert that potential threat, but instead you are simply readying your weapons filled with the desire to kill whoever dares trespass into your town, convincing yourself that this is all about divine justice and retribution, then yes, by all means, you would be going against Christ's teaching.
    Let's say we tried as a community but ISIS did not repent and showed unwavering dedication to their barbaric ideology, what does Christian teachings compel me to do when they arrive at my village with weapons?