Informational Deep Into Christianity

NewLeb

NewLeb

wtf did you just say? If the muslims religion was so superiorhow come you find the most retarded systems and countries are being run under sharia while those inhabited by statue kissers have seen inventions like the internet, the telescope, the computer, the iPhone, Hubble, spaceships, penicillin wawawa... That fu**** devil you keep chasing with stones seems to have come to stay. About time you try kissing statues for a change, perhaps you'd get some answers and start producing something more useful than bomb belts.😜
Good question. The West had to dump religion and Christianity in general in order to scientifically advance themselves. This wasn’t the case in Muslim lands during the Islamic Golden Ages, where scientific progress and religion pretty much went hand in hand. Indeed, Muslims weren't burned at the stack for proclaiming that the world was round, as was the case in Medieval Christian Europe.

Ergo, it’s simply a matter of Muslims today failing to properly renovate Islam in the context of the modern world. This is why you have those Muslims thinking that in order to get back to the glory days, all that they have to do is literally act like they’re in the 7th century, which really explains their archaic approach to the modern world....

• Advertisement
  • Totenkopf

Totenkopf

BS- Christians (or at least Catholics) actually believe that praying to and kissing a statue will get them an answer from said statue. Muslims know that “stoning the devil” is an entirely symbolic act. BIG DIFFERENCE.
    You sir are depriving a village of its idiot.

You have a chance to prove me wrong by quoting your claim from the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Good question. The West had to dump religion and Christianity in general in order to scientifically advance themselves. This wasn’t the case in Muslim lands during the Islamic Golden Ages, where scientific progress and religion pretty much went hand in hand. Indeed, Muslims weren't burned at the stack for proclaiming that the world was round, as was the case in Medieval Christian Europe.

Ergo, it’s simply a matter of Muslims today failing to properly renovate Islam in the context of the modern world. This is why you have those Muslims thinking that in order to get back to the glory days, all that they have to do is literally act like they’re in the 7th century, which really explains their archaic approach to the modern world....
    you mean those flying stars are not high tech missiles that god is firing to kill demons? 😮😮😮
    that idea needs to be reformed??

NewLeb

NewLeb

It looks like you're a little bit slow as that's not what I asked for. My request was clear, answer from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
    Where does it affirm your claim of: believe that praying to and kissing a statue will get them an answer from said statue
    Cut the pedantic arrogance; you know exactly what I’m referring to. Catholics pray to statues, in the sense that they use them as a means or image to concentrate on the “real thing.” This is paganistic, as there are clear intermediaries involved; which is unlike Islam, where prayer is solely between man and his Creator.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Cut the pedantic arrogance; you know exactly what I’m referring to. Catholics pray to statues, in the sense that they use them as a means or image to concentrate on the “real thing.” This is paganistic, as there are clear intermediaries involved; which is unlike Islam, where prayer is solely between man and his Creator.
    el hamdoulellah 3ala ne3mat el islam akhi. Christians pray to statues and you pray directly to allah. subkhana allah akhi, it seems it is true after all, fi de3ishi zghir jouwetak. better a da3ishi than a troll anyway. but it is quite interesting how many things these threads have exposed. your ignorance and prejudice about Christianity included. but these pale in comparison to your refusal to correct the wrong preconceived ideas fixed in your mind, that is the more dangerous part, this is part is surreal to the point where i cannot take you seriously, when in this day and age you still subscribe to such notions, and would have to assume you are simply trolling, which is by itself yet another tragedy.

and you still wonder where da3esh comes from? i can already see it in your future, some lamer version of you claiming "newleb ma bi mathel el eslem".

NewLeb

NewLeb

el hamdoulellah 3ala ne3mat el islam akhi. Christians pray to statues and you pray directly to allah.
    On a theological perspective, you bet! But don’t be disquieted, for Allah hears (and answers) the prayers and requests of all His creation, regardless of sect or religion (or there lack of). After all, He is their Lord, whether they know it or not.

Last edited:
    Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    for Allah hears (and answers) the prayers and requests of all His creation, regardless of sect or religion (or there lack of). After all, He is their Lord, whether they know it or not.
    i can show you very precisely where that is written and detailed in Christian scripture and theology, can you do the same and show me where that is explicitly pointed out in the quran?

and that is precisely my point, it turned out at the end of the day that there is no such thing as an accurate islamic perspective on this forum. you make things up on the go, you troll and invent and maneuver, whereas and in very clear terms the quran states just the opposite of what you are claiming.

quran surat el raad 13/14.
    لَهُ دَعْوَةُ الْحَقِّ ۖ وَالَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِهِ لَا يَسْتَجِيبُونَ لَهُم بِشَيْءٍ إِلَّا كَبَاسِطِ كَفَّيْهِ إِلَى الْمَاءِ لِيَبْلُغَ فَاهُ وَمَا هُوَ بِبَالِغِهِ ۚ وَمَا دُعَاءُ الْكَافِرِينَ إِلَّا فِي ضَلَالٍ
    To Him [alone] is the supplication of truth. And those they call upon besides Him do not respond to them with a thing, except as one who stretches his hands toward water [from afar, calling it] to reach his mouth, but it will not reach it [thus]. And the supplication of the disbelievers is not but in error [i.e. futility].

i have not pointed the above out to discuss your faith with you, but just to highlight one of the fundamental flaws exposed in these threads, you invent things on the go. with very few and rare exceptions, the moslem participants in these threads, write pages upon pages, without ever providing any sources.

in other words you do not mind lying to pass your own made up notions in a subject where the fundamental concern is about the pursuit of truth. why you do that is a different matter. it could very well be that you have developed a rosy picture of your faith with which you can no longer part ways, or it could also be that you are simply trolling, which also sheds light on the sad and hollow life people are leading in in this day and age.

and reality remains that like most participants in these threads, not only you have no clue what Christianity is, but your own knowledge your own faith is also shockingly lacking for someone who is oozing zeal on the surface, a pattern that we became all too familiar with across time in these threads, which continue to shed the light on some very interesting phenomena that have to do more with the participants than it has to do with God and faith.

Last edited:
    R

Ralph N

You did much more evil even at the time of Muhamad and Othomans and Dawa3esh and others in history... Evil cult..
    Christianity gives you the freedom to chose ... Its a freedom plane... Not like yours where someone who leaves Islam must be killed, and what Golden Islamic age you talking about?.... what scientifi progress? still now islam believes earth is flat.... come on...

Totenkopf

Totenkopf

I gave you the easiest way out, you had ONE JOB: quote the Catechism of the Catholic Church with that teaching. Had you done so, you would have had a blast laughing at us.
    Instead, you chose to remain the village idiot! In this case we're the ones laughing at you for your arrogance in ignorance :lol:

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    welcome to atheism @Lebmonage , @SeaAb get the fancy champagne!!
    I am not an Atheist. Not an agnostic either. The above video is for the Christians to explain.

Personally, if i am to drift a bit from the topic, I am a Muslim. However, even God in the Quran leaves the room for doubt. The Quran asks us to doubt (shak) or ponder, imagine, reflect and think. This was seen in the story of Prophet Ibrahim (as) in the Qur'an. So, even in terms of holding a belief, there is some level acceptable doubt. Acceptable doubt means two things:

1. You know your faith is stronger than the doubt, so you are a faithful and not an unbeliever.

2. You have doubt because you want answers and you seek answers.

The believer in God would still hold on to faith because he knows or agrees that the evidence for faith is more than the evidence for not holding on to faith. Faith is not black and white as many faithfuls and even nonbelievers imagine it to be. Some may have more faith than others. Acts of worship are meant to increase one's sense of piety, which strengths faith.

Prophet Ibrahim asked God to demonstrate to him how He creates life. Not because he didn't believe in God but so that "his heart maybe content or certain". That is healthy doubt. God asked him to take birds, slaughter them and place them in the surrounding hills and then call them to come over. When that happened, he then showed gratitude and satisfaction to God. You may not believe in this story but I am using it as an example to explain my point to you.

When it comes to issues like human suffering, death, natural disasters etc. - topics that atheists normally raise to justify their disbelief in God - often times, believers themselves struggle for answers on these things. The difference is that the believer trusts the process and the divine wisdom because he has strong faith that there will be an ultimate point of existence where everything would eventually make sense. So instead of disbelieving, the believer would pray and seek answers and wisdom to believe. The believer either knows or senses that there is more to creation or existence than what meets the eyes. After all, through a NASA telescope of our Galaxy, our planet is just a dot or tiny detail. Yet, the unbeliever's disbelief in God's existence is so great to deny or rather, reject all that is greater than his very own existence.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    The bishop is talking about religion being a control business in the form of the promise of a reward or punishment with heaven and hell, doesn't the same go for Islam?
    In Islam, no one is sentenced to hell fire and no one is promised paradise. The difference is big. The sheikh or sayyid that is preaching to me cannot claim he himself is promised paradise or is saved. We don't have a concept of "born again". We don't believe in being " saved". We believe as long as we are on earth, we are all fallible, prone to mistakes and attaining salvation is a continuous process of bettering oneself and not a destination we can boast of possessing for as long as we live on earth.

The very reason the Islamic concept of salvation is entirely different from the Christian concept that is based on atonement of sins through the alleged "human blood sacrifice of Jesus". The Islamic concept of salvation is based on faith, good deeds and grace (repentance/forgiveness through God's mercy). The very reason a Muslim believes in paradise you may have people who weren't Muslims on earth in the first place.

No one can promise us paradise or threaten us with hell fire. We never had in Islam the case that existed in Christianity - whereby the Catholic church sold indulgences and the pope sold keys to paradise and the concept held by one of the popes that paradise is only reserved for rich people.

That aside, the bishop in the video doesn't believe in a doctrine.

T

Thoma

I am not an Atheist. Not an agnostic either. The above video is for the Christians to explain.

Personally, if i am to drift a bit from the topic, I am a Muslim. However, even God in the Quran leaves the room for doubt. The Quran asks us to doubt (shak) or ponder, imagine, reflect and think. This was seen in the story of Prophet Ibrahim (as) in the Qur'an. So, even in terms of holding a belief, there is some level acceptable doubt. Acceptable doubt means two things:

1. You know your faith is stronger than the doubt, so you are a faithful and not an unbeliever.

2. You have doubt because you want answers and you seek answers.

The believer in God would still hold on to faith because he knows or agrees that the evidence for faith is more than the evidence for not holding on to faith. Faith is not black and white as many faithfuls and even nonbelievers imagine it to be. Some may have more faith than others. Acts of worship are meant to increase one's sense of piety, which strengths faith.

Prophet Ibrahim asked God to demonstrate to him how He creates life. Not because he didn't believe in God but so that "his heart maybe content or certain". That is healthy doubt. God asked him to take birds, slaughter them and place them in the surrounding hills and then call them to come over. When that happened, he then showed gratitude and satisfaction to God. You may not believe in this story but I am using it as an example to explain my point to you.

When it comes to issues like human suffering, death, natural disasters etc. - topics that atheists normally raise to justify their disbelief in God - often times, believers themselves struggle for answers on these things. The difference is that the believer trusts the process and the divine wisdom because he has strong faith that there will be an ultimate point of existence where everything would eventually make sense. So instead of disbelieving, the believer would pray and seek answers and wisdom to believe. The believer either knows or senses that there is more to creation or existence than what meets the eyes. After all, through a NASA telescope of our Galaxy, our planet is just a dot or tiny detail. Yet, the unbeliever's disbelief in God's existence is so great to deny or rather, reject all that is greater than his very own existence.
    It is a given that the argument for the problem of evil (or of suffering) fails by default against the classical theist God who, by human reason alone, is independently demonstrated and held to be omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omniscient (in a more straight forward fashion; creation ultimately cannot but be a perfect act of love, of self-giving, for God by definition benefits nothing of it, and since God knows better and is trustworthy, there goes down the drain any supposedly valid reason for holding God to be evil or not all-good or for validly doubting his goodness, unless that reason successfully tackles the independent argument for God's aforementioned attributes)

This is all good and sufficient by default, yet still all too difficult to process, let alone so entirely and satisfactorily (to let it 'sink in', to use simpler wording) especially for those in the midst of an incredible suffering. Consequently, valid important questions comes up to the human mind, like for instance: If this God is that good and loving and trustworthy, and although he isn't obliged to; would he have not at least made his attitude towards my suffering revealed to me? Let alone manifest it somehow as well? The problem with Islam is that it not only ignores it, but shoots itself in the foot and answers it in the negative.

Totenkopf

Totenkopf

I am really impressed with the proficiency of Muslim warriors in copy pasting videos and images followed by a request for an explanation.

Seriously, you do realize that anyone can trash your thread with videos and images coming from ISIS only and ask you for the same thing.

You provide no benefits at all to the Christian infidels when you showcase your ignorance in our faith.

Try harder please!