• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Informational Deep Into Christianity

agnostic

Legendary Member

Miraculous births or births through BBC?

Catholic Church investigating two nuns who returned pregnant after missionary trip to Africa​

Finally I could understand why Priests are called Abouna.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Ya 3ammeh you choose not to understand it...the message in the video is very clear and straightforward and it is based on "written" prophesy that was confirmed in the presence of Jesus himself and his reply. You cant afford to accept just one prophesy to dismantle an entire faith and religion with a history and doctrines and writings and analysis and books based on crucifixion of over 2000 years. That is quite understandable. Bad habits do not die easily. I do not expect you to agree.

But for someone who said he doesnt have time for long discussion, how long is a "long discussion" in your estimation? 😄 It shows how bothered you are. If you have an atom of sincerity, just this one prophesy will make you to stop being a Christian who believes in the crucifixion. Just an atom of sincerity. You can perhaps continue to be a "Christian" without believing in the crucifixion, if your mind filled with hatred doesnt allow you become a Muslim. This prophesy will bug your conscience, if you have a small amount of conscience, for the rest of your life. Ma'asalam.

"He said to them"...who is talking here? That suffices to make you reflect. I dont know how he would say that to them, when there was a prophesy he acknowledged that makes him "un-harm-able". Ma'asalam.
you know when Christ walked among us, most Jews were angered and offended by Him, in fact they delivered Him to the Romans and asked for his crucifixion. He walked among them, they heard Him preach, they spoke and talked to Him directly, saw how He healed the sick, raised the dead, restored sight to the blind etc.. and yet most of them only hated Him for it, in fact they were very offended that He was doing some of that on the Sabbath, violating the sacred rule within the Torah that they held very dear. This is what happens when you blindly follow the letters and forget that they are at the service of a higher cause, they are not the cause itself.

it is not a requirement that people believe in Christ, and it is not something you can push down people's throat. you are not better or worse than those who asked for Christ's crucifixion, those who believe that according to the scripture, Christ will crush their enemies and give them dominion over all of earth, instead they ended up with that weird hippy asking them to love and forgive their enemies who claimed to be God.

let's face it, interpreting the bible without context, is not one of your strongest suites, in particular when you cannot distinguish the trees from the forest.

now more importantly, the devil knows the scripture very well, yet the devil consciously rejects it. it is not that he wasn't able to understand and was waiting for someone to explain things to him. it is completely the opposite, the devil would be a master theologian; knowing every little detail, yet rejecting it all.

very often you yourself make wrong statements that i do not bother to correct, not because i confirm them as true, but rather because i know very well that your motivation is not to learn and that you are not concerned with being right or wrong.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
you know when Christ walked among us, most Jews were angered and offended by Him, in fact they delivered Him to the Romans and asked for his crucifixion. He walked among them, they heard Him preach, they spoke and talked to Him directly, saw how He healed the sick, raised the dead, restored sight to the blind etc.. and yet most of them only hated Him for it, in fact they were very offended that He was doing some of that on the Sabbath, violating the sacred rule within the Torah that they held very dear. This is what happens when you blindly follow the letters and forget that they are at the service of a higher cause, they are not the cause itself.

it is not a requirement that people believe in Christ, and it is not something you can push down people's throat. you are not better or worse than those who asked for Christ's crucifixion, those who believe that according to the scripture, Christ will crush their enemies and give them dominion over all of earth, instead they ended up with that weird hippy asking them to love and forgive their enemies who claimed to be God.

let's face it, interpreting the bible without context, is not one of your strongest suites, in particular when you cannot distinguish the trees from the forest.

now more importantly, the devil knows the scripture very well, yet the devil consciously rejects it. it is not that he wasn't able to understand and was waiting for someone to explain things to him. it is completely the opposite, the devil would be a master theologian; knowing every little detail, yet rejecting it all.

very often you yourself make wrong statements that i do not bother to correct, not because i confirm them as true, but rather because i know very well that your motivation is not to learn and that you are not concerned with being right or wrong.

Honestly, I did not read.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Honestly, I did not read.
good to hear. i wouldn't have been a good judge of character had you answered any differently.
even if you had read it however, it wouldn't have made much of a difference in your case.
worry not though, my answers are not really meant for you. others will read.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
good to hear. i wouldn't have been a good judge of character had you answered any differently.
even if you had read it however, it wouldn't have made much of a difference in your case.
worry not though, my answers are not really meant for you. others will read.

🥴🥴🥴

Thoma

@Rafidi , your arguments are only getting from bad to worse. Here for example, you are missing both the moon and the finger that is pointing at it, as the saying goes. While God does indeed protect the righteous, the purpose or end goal of that protection is 'securing and fulfilling the righteous in their righteousness', namely guarding them in and for their fulfillment of God's plan/will and their triumph as such over evil including its effect that is suffering. Such a fulfilment (with a triumph as this) logically involves (or presupposes) suffering (besides this being a logical entailment, try bringing forth a counter example of one figure from the scriptures of a righteous man/prophet that hasn't suffered at all in their life or mission), let alone the case of Christ for whom scriptures in both the old and new testaments lay out in prophecies and allusions his suffering mission which culminates in ultimate triumph.

While the righteous will be protected, it is essentially a protection against the 'snares of the devil' which are the actual hurdles that get thrown on the path of securing and fulfilling one's righteousness and triumphing over evil (being righteous or triumphing over evil is the end/purpose of having said protection in the first place), as was the case with Christ (e.g. Isaiah 53, Psalm 22, Zechariah 12 (12:10), John 7:30, 10:18-19, just a sample) who was guarded against evil as such until and right thru the time where 'his hour has come', to (or in a specific manner to) accomplish and fulfill his mission/righteousness (God's plan). As such, the cross was not God failing to protect Christ, but God's very success in this regard. Christ accomplishing his mission and triumphing over - and treading on - the serpent / lion's head, trampling it underfoot (the 'lion with the serpent' imagery in the Bible alludes to the devil who is referred to as both the father of lies and the one who prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour), fulfills Psalm 91 itself, the Psalm which you, in the footsteps of Satan who quotes verses of scripture out of their context and interprets/presents them in a manner that appears to contradict with other passages, are deceitfully - or ignorantly in your case I'd say - basing your feckless point on. And this is the case with every other prophecy and allusion concerning the suffering/triumphant Messiah.

Psalm 91:11 For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways.
Psalm 91:12 In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
Psalm 91:13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, the lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

The refuting expended explanation above may be useful, interesting and fruitful for the ignorant who is genuinely seeking truth and understanding, but futile and unnecessary for the wicked (much less the damned) in whose case only a summary form of it would suffice for shutting them up (uttered with a divine writ), but not so for the one who is both wicked AND ignorant who will just keep on reiterating an invalid claim as one does a valid one no matter the corrective answer or explanation offered.

Matthew 4:5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, 6 and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written: ‘He shall give His angels charge over you,’ and, ‘In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’ ” 7 Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’ ”

As is pretty much evident, Christ's summarily response strikes two birds with one stone. First, Christ was alluding to himself when he told Satan who was testing him "You shall not test the Lord your God", so right there the very scripture Satan was quoting rendered his attempt invalid. Second, trying to back God into a corner by our actions in order to force a desired result for oneself (in the spirit of 'my will, rather than thy will, be done'), 'compelling God to rescue us in a manner we want Him to rescue us in', or 'or trying to align Him to our will' under the presumption of His loving and caring nature or promises, reflects a mistrust in God's providential care/plan and thus also a need to test it, and would as such fall within the category of putting God to the test. God wants us to trust Him, not dare Him. Right there Christ was telling Satan that while scripture promises God will take care of him and protects him (the protection whose qualification and scope is highlighted in the rest of the passages of the same scripture), the same scripture also says one should not jump off a cliff just for the sake of proving to oneself God's promise (testing God in the process).

Ironically enough, in essence it is the prime temptation those of the Jews that rejected Christ fell into (as did Muslims centuries afterwards), and now after having jumped off that cliff they are still wrongly waiting for God to rescue them before they hit the ground definitively i.e. their doom (instead of acknowledging their error).

Last edited:

SAVO

christian lebanon for me is the only lebanon..beyond that lebanon does not exist !
leftist should have peacefully work on peaceful reform of the state instead of allying with the politucal islam ...

JB81

Legendary Member
christian lebanon for me is the only lebanon..beyond that lebanon does not exist !
leftist should have peacefully work on peaceful reform of the state instead of allying with the politucal islam ...

Brainwashed to hate Christians . Just because in their mind set :Christians ,regardless of class are capitalist pigs.

SAVO

Brainwashed to hate Christians . Just because in their mind set :Christians ,regardless of class are capitalist pigs.

dont generalize ..lot of leftist were also christians so nothing of the sort ..
beside during the cold war the church had a clear position ( remember John paul wojtyla was the most anti leftist pope in history of the church ) -
the problem is with the bad decision token in the past.. ...

when the lebanese leftist tried to be autonomous in their decision , they were assassinated .. see kamal junblat, hawi etc ...
it need two to dance tango .but i as leftist have a critical position regarding the leftist politics..

that doesn't mean that lebanese right wing was any better .. but going to war should never be an option to change politics..thats my position ..i believe in politics and ability to reach compromises under the roof of the general benefit for the community.

Totenkopf

To further add to my reply to your above sensational fake news post, smashing of your babies against a rock is what is found being praised in your scripture by your "god":

Psalm 137:9
"Blessed is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!"

@Rafidi I assume that when you quote scripture to make a point, it implies that at the very least you fully understand it right? Can you please explain it to me ?

Thank you in advance,