Deep into Druze faith

• Advertisement
  • Tacoma

Tacoma

Dude don't scare away the new member immediately let us pretend to be normal people until he gets hooked then we'll send lvv on a crusade ?
    I don't think he is trying to whitewashing their history, I do agree with him 100%.

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    @Mysobalanus, or anyone fluent in Syriac for that matter, what is the translation of your signature? Do the Druze have a religious use for the language or is it just simply another local language that went extinct?

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    @Mysobalanus, or anyone fluent in Syriac for that matter, what is the translation of your signature? Do the Druze have a religious use for the language or is it just simply another local language that went extinct?
    I think:

Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age; and he made him a coat of many colours.

Lecture - Gen 37,1-8 ( Pesh ) | ThALES

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

Orange Room Supporter
    Not to an official capacity. No. But it's the old language of Lebanon which my ancestors would have spoken. I'm currently learning Syriac online and planning to learn Coptic, Persian, Kurdish and Sanskrit for personal religious studies. I'm also translating our "Epistles of Wisdom" to English for Immigrant Druze. And I believe there's an attempt by some Israeli Druze to translate it to Sanskirt for Druze - Hindu connections.

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

Orange Room Supporter
    Also for Druze - Christian connections I suggest "Renaissance Emir" by TJ Gorton. It speaks about Emr Fakhr Eddine's attempt in Europe to revoke the crusades and liberate the Levant which I mentioned here. Perhaps an important inclination in Druze politics not accounted for. Kamal Joumblat was swayed by USSR and Arabism and took Druze to a different direction altogether (aside from his self-critique in an interview he made in his later years). Nonetheless, this tendency does still exist for Druze - Maronite union in MT Lebanon.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    This is a rather long book on secret societies and has important information from multiple accounts. I suggest, however, starting with a lighter book like "Entering the Chain of Union" by Timothy Hogan.
    Thank you will look it up. Going through some material and your display triggered my curiosity.
    What is the link between the Durze faith and Freemasons? Is it borrowed rituals or does it go deeper than that?

Knowing that i have seen masonic temples in the "jabal" close to where Durzes are concentrated in lebanon.... never thought much of it until now

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

Orange Room Supporter
    Thank you will look it up. Going through some material and your display triggered my curiosity.
    What is the link between the Durze faith and Freemasons? Is it borrowed rituals or does it go deeper than that?

Knowing that i have seen masonic temples in the "jabal" close to where Durzes are concentrated in lebanon.... never thought much of it until now
    The book I mentioned speaks of that. Grandmaster Timothy Hogan is perhaps the best author on that particular topic. The main points of connection:

1- The Druze Mithaq for initiation lists three conditions for joining that are identical to ones adopted by particular Freemason lodges.
    2- Druze and Freemasons share Hermetic roots and both give a lot of importance to Egyptian Hermetics and Pythagorean Gnosticism (Hermes and Pythagoras are both considered Masters in the Druze faith) -
    3- OES (Order of the Easter Star) share a similar logo to the Druze and a lot of similarities in theology and creed. Note that the Druze Star itself is a protruding Mason Star.

4- Some Knight Templar lineages claim being initiated into the Druze faith (when the door of conversion was open). And being influenced by it in terms of religion, rituals, initiation, organization and secrecy. The founder of Rosicrucianism (Rosenkreuz) is also said to have visited Druze temples in Lebanon.

For more information, I've written a short blog post about this... البناءون الأحرار و الدروز – Druze and Freemason connections

Big Brother

Big Brother

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The book I mentioned speaks of that. Grandmaster Timothy Hogan is perhaps the best author on that particular topic. The main points of connection:

1- The Druze Mithaq for initiation lists three conditions for joining that are identical to ones adopted by particular Freemason lodges.
    2- Druze and Freemasons share Hermetic roots and both give a lot of importance to Egyptian Hermetics and Pythagorean Gnosticism (Hermes and Pythagoras are both considered Masters in the Druze faith) -
    3- OES (Order of the Easter Star) share a similar logo to the Druze and a lot of similarities in theology and creed. Note that the Druze Star itself is a protruding Mason Star.

4- Some Knight Templar lineages claim being initiated into the Druze faith (when the door of conversion was open). And being influenced by it in terms of religion, rituals, initiation, organization and secrecy. The founder of Rosicrucianism (Rosenkreuz) is also said to have visited Druze temples in Lebanon.

For more information, I've written a short blog post about this... البناءون الأحرار و الدروز – Druze and Freemason connections
    This blog post is inaccurate:
    تقارب غريب بين اللغة العبرية القديمة و اللغة اليابانية – Odd similarity between the Ancient Hebrew language and Japanese

Some of the Hebrew letters pronunciation are close to the Japanese, but others are way off.

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

Orange Room Supporter
    Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The Nusayris are more anti-Christian than the Druze. They curse Christianity and St Maron by name in their prayers. For a full comparison, Nusayri Faith – النصيرية

Druze founders initially went to Syria, but didn't get lucky there (perhaps due to Nusayri competition). They found luck among the inhabitants of Mt Lebanon, which are said to be naturally anti-Islamic and isolated from the cities. So I imagine many of them would have been Christians, Jews or Pagans. There's also relics of ancient Jewish cemetries in Druze villages (e.g the ancient Jewish fortress in Sarahmoul Lebanon). Which would explain why Druze are very genetically close to Maronites and Jews.
    Reading the historiography of these sectarian distinctions I can situate the Druze and other Mowahedin in North Africa into the racial group called Metwali who were Hebrew speaking Jews. These were persecuted by Islam as non Arab.
    The Nussayri were led by Abd Allah Ben Sheba a Must'arab Jew consequently privileged within the Umayyad Dynasty as South Arabian, and he attracted Must'arab from the Syrian Nassara, the Gassasina also an elite group during the Umayyad Dynasty, which made its discriminatory criterion founded on Language. Nussayri then were of Nassara Must'arab, aka Christian but it was not Christian Orthodox, it is something like Messianic Jews in Israel of today.
    All Mowahedin sects in Lebanon and North Africa were sects developed by the Metwali non Arabs also Jews.
    Do agree with this theory and does the litterature you make reference to speak about race, language and dividing practice. I will be interested to know.

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

Orange Room Supporter
    Reading the historiography of these sectarian distinctions I can situate the Druze and other Mowahedin in North Africa into the racial group called Metwali who were Hebrew speaking Jews. These were persecuted by Islam as non Arab.
    The Nussayri were led by Abd Allah Ben Sheba a Must'arab Jew consequently privileged within the Umayyad Dynasty as South Arabian, and he attracted Must'arab from the Syrian Nassara, the Gassasina also an elite group during the Umayyad Dynasty, which made its discriminatory criterion founded on Language. Nussayri then were of Nassara Must'arab, aka Christian but it was not Christian Orthodox, it is something like Messianic Jews in Israel of today.
    All Mowahedin sects in Lebanon and North Africa were sects developed by the Metwali non Arabs also Jews.
    Do agree with this theory and does the litterature you make reference to speak about race, language and dividing practice. I will be interested to know.
    You are definitely unto something. While Druze do not actually like Ali, Druze founders and some of the early converts were Ismeali Sevener Shiah so would have had a high consideration for Ali before branching off. And I'm told Mitwali means "Those who took Ali as the Walleh".

The post I linked does go into some details on different rituals and beliefs (I don't go into further details for purposes of secrecy). I do not cover language or race though. Druze genetically seem to branch down from Turkey and are the closest to Sephardi Jews.

Attachments

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You are definitely unto something. While Druze do not actually like Ali, Druze founders and some of the early converts were Ismeali Sevener Shiah so would have had a high consideration for Ali before branching off. And I'm told Mitwali means "Those who took Ali as the Walleh".

The post I linked does go into some details on different rituals and beliefs (I don't go into further details for purposes of secrecy). I do not cover language or race though. Druze genetically seem to branch down from Turkey and are the closest to Sephardi Jews.
    No Metwali means Hebrew speaking and Aramaic speaking believers. They were Jews.
    Only Iran Twelver Shi'a make the claim that the Metwali were loyalists to Ali
    Metwali means loyalists to the Prophet, and a large number of khawarij were Metwali and so were The Mu'tazellah.
    This is an article about the Metwali in Lebanon. But I have other sources, Ismaili were Metwali but also other sectarian groups as well.

Attachments

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

@Mysobalanus can you explain what exactly happens inside a Khalwi?

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    True. However, their politics have always been driven by tribal instincts rather than religious zeal.

Contrary to Muslims, there are no individuals today committing acts of terrorism out of Druze-driven motivations.
    Their faith seems to be free of the radicalism that is infecting Islamic countries.

The Druze couldn't care less about enforcing their beliefs on others or converting people to their religion. (Which is theoretically impossible, if I'm not mistaken).
    It is not out of tolerance they dont convert others. It is a matter of belief that you can only be druze by birth. It sounds like a cult.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    Another interesting fact is that nowadays it's very rare to find Druze with Muslim names like Mohammed, Fatima, Ali etc, except for old people. Most tend to have 'neutral' names or even Christian and Western names. I know one Druze girl called Christina for instance, Daniel seems very common also. Druze somewhat 'embraced' Arabism as a mean of self defence from much more dangerous Islamism, similar like the Greek Orthodox for example. But now they tend to be just as pro West as Maronites, which is not surprising since they had historical contact with the Italians and British. I'm not not gonna lie, one of the reasons I opened the thread is for Christians to notice how wonderful people they are and stop hating them, how incredible allies they could make.
    It is rare to find them bearing those names but they exist. Wahab bodyguard is called Muhammad Abu diyab. He's very likely druze.