Deep into Islam..

• Advertisement
  • NewLeb

NewLeb

I'm 50% certain that NewLeb is some sort of parody. Talking shoes? And now black dogs being "potential metaphysical and quantum mechanical forms"? Hmm.
    Interesting how you omitted the tall buildings in the Gulf. Hmmm?

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm 50% certain that NewLeb is some sort of parody. Talking shoes? And now black dogs being "potential metaphysical and quantum mechanical forms"? Hmm.
    rou2 rou2 ba3do 3am b 7ammé ma3 @Dark Angel ba3d chway he’ll start his vibrating at varying wavelengths with allah 🥰

NewLeb

NewLeb

Renovating Islam (part I.)

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: Allah will raise for this community at the end of every hundred years the one who will renovate its religion for it.” Sunan Abi Dawud

حَدَّثَنَا سُلَيْمَانُ بْنُ دَاوُدَ الْمَهْرِيُّ، أَخْبَرَنَا ابْنُ وَهْبٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي سَعِيدُ بْنُ أَبِي أَيُّوبَ، عَنْ شَرَاحِيلَ بْنِ يَزِيدَ الْمَعَافِرِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِي عَلْقَمَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، فِيمَا أَعْلَمُ عَنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ “‏ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَبْعَثُ لِهَذِهِ الأُمَّةِ عَلَى رَأْسِ كُلِّ مِائَةِ سَنَةٍ مَنْ يُجَدِّدُ لَهَا دِينَهَا ‏”‏ ‏.‏
    How man thinks today is totally unlike how he did during ancient times. Things like mysticism; the supernatural; magic; metaphysics; etc- all this made sense back then, as opposed to now, where people openly ridicule you for believing in such concepts (this thread is replete with examples).

This started to change after the Age of Enlightenment. The general paradigm of human attitude in Europe was shifting to one where science formed the undergird of understanding universal realities. The expansionist polices of the West, in tandem with its superior technology, had major implications for the “ancient way of thinking” for the rest of the world.

Indeed, Christianity failed to survive in this type of setting, but to be fair, it’s mostly been relegated to the lower rungs of society (which of course caused the West to fall into moral and nihilistic decline). Modern Christians lack spirituality, and those who tend to be the “religious type” often gravitate towards evangelist organizations (which by the way are often comprised of people who have major issues with self-love). But these type of religious Christians always give out these creepy and weird “Jesus loves me vibes.” It think that demonstrates the failure of Christianity to make sense to a modern audience...so its adherents have to go overboard mentally to compensate for the irrationalities.

And then we get to the Muslim world. It has been in scientific and intellectual stagnation for centuries. This is a far cry to where it was during the Islamic Golden Age, when Islamic Spain had more textbooks than all of Europe combined.

But that was because the ancient peoples of the Islamic world understood Islam and the Qur'an from an exclusively ancient perspective. The West however dumped that idea and went full-blown Reason, hence the former’s superiority over the latter’s lackluster state.

(End of part I.)

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Hagia Sophia is officially a mosque.

good u can now go pray over there maybe allah will spare your life in the afterlife, tell @Rafidi and @O Brother to put in a good word for you

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Renovating Islam (part I.)

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: Allah will raise for this community at the end of every hundred years the one who will renovate its religion for it.” Sunan Abi Dawud

حَدَّثَنَا سُلَيْمَانُ بْنُ دَاوُدَ الْمَهْرِيُّ، أَخْبَرَنَا ابْنُ وَهْبٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي سَعِيدُ بْنُ أَبِي أَيُّوبَ، عَنْ شَرَاحِيلَ بْنِ يَزِيدَ الْمَعَافِرِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِي عَلْقَمَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، فِيمَا أَعْلَمُ عَنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ “‏ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَبْعَثُ لِهَذِهِ الأُمَّةِ عَلَى رَأْسِ كُلِّ مِائَةِ سَنَةٍ مَنْ يُجَدِّدُ لَهَا دِينَهَا ‏”‏ ‏.‏
    seems like allah is sending them every 5 minutes now.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    LOL. Last time I checked, Christian women in Iran were still required to wear a headscarf and forbidden to drink alcohol.
    Your attempt to portray Iran as some kind of tolerant and accepting haven for Christians is so ludicrous.

Turkey is 100 times more secular and tolerant than Iran.

kmarthe

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Hagia Sophia is officially a mosque.

What Erdogan did makes it very legitimate, using the same way of thinking, for Israel to claim their sovereignty over the Aqsa and start rebuilding the Solomon temple so the Jews can welcome their Messiah as they have been hoping for since thousands of years.... In any case, the Turkish idiot's actions have become increasingly annoying to everyone around him. I think it is just a question of time before he gets what his bloody nation's long deserved.... Especially now that the Russian Tsar is staying in power until 2036 LOL

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What Erdogan did makes it very legitimate, using the same way of thinking, for Israel to claim their sovereignty over the Aqsa and start rebuilding the Solomon temple so the Jews can welcome their Messiah as they have been hoping for since thousands of years.... In any case, the Turkish idiot's actions have become increasingly annoying to everyone around him. I think it is just a question of time before he gets what his bloody nation's long deserved.... Especially now that the Russian Tsar is staying in power until 2036 LOL
    أردوغان فخر المسلمين

erdogan.jpeg

HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    LOL. Last time I checked, Christian women in Iran were still required to wear a headscarf and forbidden to drink alcohol.
    Your attempt to portray Iran as some kind of tolerant and accepting haven for Christians is so ludicrous.

Turkey is 100 times more secular and tolerant than Iran.
    Turkey has genocided its indigenous religious minorities out of existence. And is seeking to ethnically cleanse itself of its remaining ethnic minorities and pour concrete over their historic towns. It is incontrovertible fact that *indigenous* religious minorities, while not treated well in Iran, have their institutions preserved. Foreign Christians are treated just fine in Turkey, that's not the question or debate here, it's easy to treat foreigners well when you don't have indigenous groups to worry about.

"At least they're not forced to wear hijab in public" is the argument you make when your idea of secularism is pure aesthetics.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Sorry sweetheart, bas shu feyteh emmik ta3moul bi Sporting?
    It's not halal for her to ogle semi-naked men or be present in a place that serves alcohol.
    Private institutions have the right to impose a dress code. This is not discrimination.

You can go to a public beach in Saida next time. You'll fit right in.

NewLeb

NewLeb

In respect to the Hagia Sophia, Trump didn’t seem much perturbed about it. He has very close relations with Erdogan. But when you think about it, the Western Right has historically been closer to and allied with Sunni Islam, while the Left more so with the Shiite perspective.

The Ottomans sided with Hitler, while there is a special and close relationship between Saudi Arabia and the United States. However, leftist European countries like Germany are great friends with Iran. This also helps explains the conundrum Lebanese Maronites find themselves in. Although America is the most powerful country, it isn’t Catholic. I believe the Protestant and Evangelical belief system, unlike Catholicism, is “closer” to Islam, especially when you consider some of its branches (Mormonism rings a bell).

This is the reason why most Aounies are trapped with supporting the Shiite crescent, even though even in that context, Islam remains dominant. Allah sure has a sense of irony, amiright?